Love and Gangs

By Justcantgetenough

Good girl Anna Ramirez just wants to escape her life of gang rivalry.Where you have to be careful what colors... More

First Day
Partners
Rumour Has It
Memory Lane
Turfs
Protection
Club Heat
Trapped
DJ
Girl Time
Mind Games
Sisterly Advice
Unpredictiable Friendship

Caution

1.1K 50 10
By Justcantgetenough

© 2012 All Rights Reserved

Love and Gangs

Curious to know why I've been gone for so long? Read at the end.

_________________________________________

"So tell me again what was more important then our date last night?" Damien's breathed into my ear. I sighed irritatedly and put my pencil down, shuffling away my statistics homework.

"It wasn't a date." I answered turning around. Damien didn't waste anytime sitting down next to me and putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah tell your dopey friend that." He replied taking a look at Courtney talking to Josh. I gripped the bench while talking through gritted teeth.

"Damien just go. I'm busy." I wanted so bad to punch him for the comment he made towards Courtney. It was just something I felt about people talking bad about the people I cared about. Courtney was practically my sister I knew everything about her. Too bad she only knew half the truth about me.

"Hey come on don't be that way." He leaned closer even when he saw my glare. His finger trailed from my cheek to the top button of my uniform shirt. This time I couldn't help but slap his hand away.

"Don't touch me."

Calm down. I repeated over and over but somehow it didn't seem to calm me. Something about boys at this school thinking they could do things because they had money really got under my skin.

"There you are. I thought I lost you." Evan appeared out if nowhere. Had he been listening to Damien and I's conversation?

"What's pretty boy doing here?" Evan asked sitting down next to me. Damien scowled over my head at Evan but then somehow schooled his features into a polite expression.

"Evan." Damien managed to say without a trace of malice. Evan didn't even turn an inch towards Damien, his focus still on me awaiting my answer. I turned towards him and once I saw his barely hidden smile I knew it was a ploy to get rid of Damien.

"Damien was just leaving." I said turning towards Damien. "Weren't you?" I smiled sweetly .

Either he didn't feel like arguing or he had something else planned but Damien didn't argue.

"Um yes. I'll see you later, Anna." Damien smiled devilishly before bending down to kiss my cheek. I pulled away before he took it any further.

When he finally did leave I smiled over at Evan with thanks but found him eyeing Damien's retreating back. To my surprise he was wasn't scowling but analyzing him over like he would an opponent on a battlefield. Not too long past before he turned to me and smiled like normal.

"Thanks for that." I felt the need to thank him for getting rid of Damien.

"My pleasure. He's a stuck-up little prick."

"And you're not?" The words left my mouth before I had time to stop myself. He smiled at me.

"Are you always this feisty?" He smirked undeterred by my words.

Looking ahead he stared at Courtney while talking to me . "I like it." His flirtatious tone made my whole body tingle in a way I hadn't know it could.

My mind kept yelling at me go retreat from the situation but it was like my mouth and body had a mind of its own and before I knew it I was leaning closer towards him. He seemed to notice my advance from the way he's eyes flickered downwards and the way he licked his lips.

"Anna!" Courtney's accusatory voice awakened me from my daze. I turned to face her stern face at the same time Evan leaned in towards me. I wasn't sure what happened next because it all seemed to blur but the next thing I knew Courtney had a death grip on my arm while pulling me up from the bench and away from Evans confused stare.

"Let's go. Now." My brows wrinkled at her tone of voice.

"Okay..." I grabbed my things and made sure to avoid Evans question gaze, with Courtney it was impossible to know what was up and down.

She led me down some halls and finally when we stopped outside a class I slipped out of her hold and faced her. "What was all that about?"

"That's exactly what I was going to ask." She blew her bangs out of her face and crossed her arms giving me an expectant look.

"I'm as clueless as you. One minute you're with Josh the next you're all up in my face and pulling-"

"And pulling you away from the wolf." She finished for me. "Anna you were this close." She pinched her thumb and fore finger together emphasizing her point. "This close to kissing him."

"Kissing who?"

"Evan!" She all but yelled, earning her some stares and whispers which she ignored.

My eyebrows raised in surprise. "I was not!" I lowered my voice. "I was not, we were just talking."

Courtney gave me a disbelieving look. "Honey you were more then just talking. It looked like you were just about to tear each others clothes off."

At my incredulous look she continued on. "Okay maybe not takin each others clothes off but you and him were definitely giving off some intense vibes."

"I hadn't even realized." Evan and I? Sure I had felt some attraction when I looked at him but I hadn't realized I had been so obvious.

"I don't know what would have happened if I wasn't there to save you." She laughed but then her faced to serious. "Anna you can't let him get to you. He's a man-whore and bad-news. You don't want him affecting you or your future."

"Future?"

"I just wouldn't want you to get influenced by him and his bad ways." She patted my arm sympathetically. "If it happened to Melanie Richards it can happen to you."

Woah, first of all Melanie Richards was a whole different story and I really doubted Evan had everything to do with it. But out of putting Courtney out of worry I nodded.

"Don't worry I'll be fine. I know how he is." Truth was I really didn't. Evan was so complex, one day he was the cocky, self-absorbed, know it all but other times he seemed to let that veil down and reveal some of his better qualities. Like his intelligence and genuinely good humor and even I enjoyed his know it all self.

-

My thoughts about Evan and Courtney's warning floated through my mind all day and I even failed to pay attention in one of my classes for thinking about all the times I had been with Evan and the different ways he had acted.

By the end if day I was just ready to go home and take a long bath and nap but then I was bombarded with Evan.

I was exiting the school campus when his car slowed down the street next the sidewalk where I walking. "You know I always found it odd that your parents would let you walk home."

I started straight ahead so he wouldn't notice the lie on my face. "Lots of parents let their kids walk home."

He continued as if he didn't hear me. "And even more strange, that they didn't even buy you a car. I mean most of the kids that attend this school have a car-"

"My parents don't believe in spoiling their child." I interrupted nervous about his questioning.

"That may be true but a car for their seventeen year old daughter isn't exactly spoiling."

I was stuck at that one and simply chose to ignore and hope he got tired and drove off. Five minutes of excruciatingly awkward silence passed before he finally sighed.

"Anna just get in the car. I'll drive you."

It was the first time he had actually called me by my real name and not his usual nickname.

As much as I was tempted to hop in, I resisted. Where would I tell him to go afterwards? My home? No. Evan out of all people couldn't know.

"No thanks I'm good."

"Suit yourself. I'm fine with just driving along side you." The smile in his face had me turning to finally look at him.

I prayed to God he wasn't serious but from the determined glint in his eye and the smirk on his face I was afraid he was.

----------

Writers note:

So the reason I was gone wasn't because I had some sort of crisis mainly because I had lost my inspiration for this story after all the time of not writing it. Then when I finally got it back I had a hard time putting it into words.

After a while I considered just deleting the story and starting from scratch but by then a lot more people had read it and seemed to like it so I was caught in the middle. I decided to finish off this chapter after debating for days whether to just delete the story or continue from where I was and then at the end editing the whole thing. So for those of you who have been waiting forever I apologize.

I never quite realize how hard it would be to write a story. It seemed so easy but after I started posting it and writing more of it I realized why it was it took authors so long to finish a book. Then when I went back and read some of my old chapters I realized I wasn't happy with them and felt the need to delete them. Thankfully I decided not to.

I just want all you to know that once I finish it, and I will (eventually) I will also go back and do some MAJOR editing. So for now enjoy, I may not update every week but I will continue this story.

Thank you xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 597 37
Alexandra Smith... She's one of those girls who hates being late to class and always abides by the rules. Alexandra could be shy and lonely sometimes...
1.6M 47.4K 50
"Listen Astrid María Johnson, if you really want to get rid of me so bad, go out on a date with me. Just one. And if you didn't like it, then you wil...
5.5K 686 61
And when I had informed Finn of my obvious concerns, - He had pulled me up against him so close that I could feel his breath on my cheek, - and whisp...
330 39 10
UPDATES EVERY FRIDAY!!! Kira is a badass, not that anyone would know it. Her brother is the leader of one of the local gangs. She pretends to be a g...