Some Things Are Best Unknown.

By Hophop2020

It was the smile that through everyone off. She was always cheerful, always smiling, and always kind to other... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 4

3K 95 4
By Hophop2020

A/N- Hey guys! I know I'm taking so long to update and all, and I apologize for that. Sorry for any grammatical errors and misspellings.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A scream rippled through the silence as Sakura was staring at a certain black-haired boy who was covered in blood.

"Sa-kura *cough* help me." The bloodied Sasuke wheezed.

Sakura looked on in horror 'How could I let this happen?' She thought. 'Genjutsu.' She put her hand and released a small amount of chakra. The vision disappeared, and she let out a breath of relief. She walked on and came face to face with the head of Sasuke sticking up from the ground, and let out another ear-splitting scream. Sakura almost fainted and tried to release a nonexistent genjutsu.

"It's not a genjutsu." Sasuke replied. "that jonin sensei of ours put me in this situation."

"Need help then?" Sakura asked.

"no."

"It looks like you do."

"I don't need it."

"Are you sure?"

"hn."

"Have it your way Sasu-ke." She said then walked away. She ran into an upside down Naruto.

"Need help?"

"No thanks Sakura-chan!"

"Are you sure?"

"If I'm going to be Hokage, I gotta do this myself!"

"Alright Na-ru-to." Then walked away again.

Then the bell rang. The test had concluded

-----------------------------------------------------------------

They somehow passed using the point of the test...teamwork.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A few days passed by since team 7 has been created.

Painting fences, walking dogs, finding Tora, hauling boxes, babysitting and endless cleaning. The D-rank missions were getting to them. Teamwork training in the mornings, which Kakashi was always late for, and dreadful missions in the afternoon. This day was no different...yet.

The team headed back to the Hokages office with a lost cat in hand, ready to get their next mission.

Arguments shot back between Sasuke and Naruto, Kakashi was reading a book, and Sakura was walking slightly behind them with a smile on her face.

They reached their destination.

Now arguments were flying back and forth between Iruka-Sensei and Naruto. And Naruto won. The Hokage approved a C-rank mission to team 7. The Hokage ordered a man to come into the room.

"You will escort Tazuna the bridge-builder to the Wave country and will finish once he is finished the bridge." The Hokage said.

The man smelled of booze, had a small blush on his cheeks and was walking like someone who was slightly intoxicated.

"These brats are supposed to protect me? They look like they couldn't even hurt a fly. Especially the shorty."

Naruto started laughing, "See that Teme? He thinks you look weak. AHAHAH!"

Sasuke sent a glare in his direction. "You need your eyes checked dobe." Then walked forward so that they were all lined up and realization hit Naruto's face.

"I'll kill BASTARD!" Naruto started charging their escort, but was stopped by Kakashi-sensei.

"You don't want to kill our client Naruto." Kakashi said then directed his attention to said client. "I assure you that you are in good hands, I am a Jonin." He eye-smiled.

"You better." Tazuna huffed. "Let's go."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura smiled. She has never been outside of the village before. She was really excited. 'This is going to be fun!' She thought. The most that they will encounter would be thugs if they were to encounter any kind of enemy at all. This was a C-rank mission after all.

The team plus their client took their first steps outside of the gate to their home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was not a C-rank mission. They encountered two people who dubbed themselves as The Demon Brothers. They were not thugs, and this was not fun. They all found out that this mission is probably way out of their league and should probably go back, but they decided not to. They were all convinced that they could fulfill their mission. All because of Naruto's speech about not giving up. And after said blond stabbed his hand to release the poison in his blood-stream.

"You probably got all the poison out now, but if you lose any more blood you could die." Kakashi said. Then Naruto started panicking. It was a funny sight for Sakura to witness. She smiled. She was glad to this boy as her friend, he had such great spirit.

Tazuna was happy that they would continue to protect him. The fact was that the tyrant Gato was having his way with the Wave country and was trying everything in his power to prevent the bridge from being built.

They continued their journey with more caution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their next encounter with the enemy wasn't as easy as the first one. Kakashi-sensei passed out from exhaustion and Naruto and Sasuke had to carry him back to Tazuna's place. Kakashi was fighting with a missing nin known as The Demon of The Hidden-Mist who has a giant, butcher like sword. He was on par with Kakashi who was also known as The copy-cat nin. He had the sharingan. Sakura could guess where is came from.

Sakura did her research on Kakashi a while ago, he was on a team with an Uchiha named Obito. Obito probably gave it to him as a gift. Although, Sasuke seemed pretty shocked.

Anyway, he was trapped in a water-prison, he seemed pretty worried and wanted us to run, because he didn't want his teammates to die again. Of course Naruto wouldn't let that happen. Naruto and Sasuke actually used teamwork to save their only chance of survival. Then a long haired boy with an anbu mask on supposedly killed Zabuza with senbon. The boy left with the body, and they were left with a now unconscious Sensei.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsunami was a nice young lady. She was very motherly, and a really good cook. She was okay with taking in three children and an adult easily, knowing they were the one going to protect her father. She did first aid on the unconscious adult male before feeding and treating the genin. She was filled with hope that these young warriors were going to free her country from their situation, and she was happy. She smiled.

Sakura felt pretty useless and scared. 'Why? Why am I so scared? I trained for years to do this for a living, but why am I so terrified?' 'because you're scared to lose more people that you love' The other voice in her head commented. Sakura has another her in her head. She was her 'Inner'. Sakura couldn't help but agree with her Inner. She already lost her parents, she didn't want to lose her new family as well. 'I guess I'm going to have to protect them in any way I can.' She thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A groan resounded in a small room. Three heads turned towards the noise, they were happy that their Sensei was awake. Kakashi was now conscious, but with bad news.

"Zabuza is not dead." The three somewhat happy faces dropped.

"What? But that's impossible! You checked the pulse yourself!"

"I did, but that was just a false state. Think about it. What did the Anbu-nin use?"

"Senbon, and usually senbon users are well educated on the human anatomy, and are aware of all of the pressure points of the body are. But those pressure points can put you in a false sense of death." Sakura replied.

"Correct Sakura, but also he was an Anbu from the mist. The thing about Anbu from the mist is that they are supposed to dispose of the body right away. Not take that body away. I have a feeling that the boy is an accomplice." They all went into a solemn state.

"So we are going to face that cow guy again?" Naruto asked.

"Yes, but don't worry I'll train you." The genin's faces lit up.

"After I inform Tazuna what we've discovered."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We are going to climb trees."

"..."

"We learned that in the Academy Sensei." Sakura said.

"Ah, but did you learn it without using your hands?"

"Wha-" Naruto started. He was left in his spot staring as his sensei walked on the side of the tree vertically and was now hanging upside down from the branch. The boys were in silent awe, but Sakura already knew that trick. Chakra control is her specialty afterall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura was on guard duty. She was the only one who could walk on a tree, and Kakashi was still healing. She dare not heal him with her medical ninjutsu if she wanted to get unwanted attention, afterall she did make a promise. So here she is, on an unfinished bridge, guarding Tazuna.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death takes an emotional toll on someone. Although he may not show it, Zabuza is mourning the loss of his surrogate son, Haku. Haku sacrificed himself for the sake of his master. So many things can change in a day. Zabuza took down Gato with a kunai in his mouth with two useless arms hanging off his shoulders, and now he is laying down with a lifeless Haku by his side.

Sakura couldn't handle such a close call. For a while, she thought that the love of her life was dead. She was so upset, she was about to blame herself for not helping.  But then she found out he was still alive, because Haku hadn't killed him. She owed Haku a lot. She owed him for what she learned, and for sparing the life of which her heart belongs.

They buried the two who were now heros in the land of Wave. The bridge was finished, and it's name was stupendous. The Great Naruto Bridge. They headed back home. They would all remember this mission, they would all remember the huge wake-up call to their one of many hardships ahead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two graves lay on a hill, one of which had a huge butcher sword stuck in the ground next to it. The other had white flowers on it wrapped in a pink ribbon. The pink ribbon said Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four people walked into the gates of Konoha with an air of relief and exhaustion around them. They all headed towards the Hokage Tower to tell of the great tale of how The Great Naruto Bridge came to be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- I know it's a little long, I just wanted to get the Wave arc quickly.I'm sorry if anyone who is reading this and doesn't understand a lot of it, it is mostly canon. So if you haven't watched the anime you are probably confused. I'm just assuming everyone who reads this understands. I'm sorry I didn't really go into detail. I just think it's a lot less boring of reading everything from what you have already watched. So sorry for any confusion. Sorry if there were any misspellings and grammatical errors. If you are confused about something just ask in the comments below. Thanks for reading this! I doubt it's any good.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

1828 Words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 6.9K 20
Sakura Haruno... She's more than meets the eye as everyone has said to her after knowing or talked to her.. Because for some reasons: She looks fragi...
418K 14.6K 30
Forsake- to quit or leave entirely: Forsaken- abandoned or deserted. Naruto Namikaze, Sasuke Uchiha, and Sakura Haruno. Three members of team seven...
496K 17.6K 31
Chiharu Haruno is Sakura's twin sister. Everyone thought that she was just another normal genin about to end up in a team but they had no idea that s...
387 17 8
_Sakura,Sakura Haruno was an ordinary high school student,good grades,good school record,Friends, Friends?? Everyone sees her as a cheery girl,with O...