Villains Rise

By AlwaysSunny

If you thought a hero's story is finished with a happily ever after... You were wrong. Della Abram is faced w... More

ANNOUNCEMENT
Cast
Chapter 1 -- Obviously not for breakfast
Chapter 2 -- Am I a dog or a monkey?
Chapter 3 -- Great. This again.
Chapter 4 -- I slept through it
Chapter 5 -- Not as ignorant as I thought
Chapter 6 -- Stay back 100 ft.
Chapter 7 -- I'll cut off your hand
Chapter 8 -- I'm sorry porkers
Chapter 9 -- An experiment gone wrong
Chapter 10 -- Hey Rapunzel
Chapter 11 -- Don't test me
Chapter 12 -- Willing to compromise
Chapter 13 -- Bad puns
Chapter 14 -- The cherry on top
Chapter 15 -- They don't suit you
Chapter 16 -- What's wrong with vanilla?
Chapter 17 -- Well played, Ace
Chapter 18 -- I'm honestly so jealous
Chapter 19 -- I could just freeze that too
Chapter 20 -- Of course she's a villain
Chapter 21 -- I'm tired of alleys
Chapter 22 -- A good day for brain damage
Chapter 23 -- If I collapse on his welcome mat
Chapter 24 -- Don't you dare sneeze
Chapter 25 -- I've seen crazier
Chapter 26 -- To The Undergrounds, clumpnugget
Chapter 27 -- Hm. That's new.
Chapter 28 -- This is where I die
Chapter 29 -- I hope to get mugged
Chapter 30 -- If we threaten him enough
Chapter 31 -- Mercy, remember?
Chapter 32 -- A little backup would be nice
Chapter 33 -- Roasting like a marshmellow
Epilogue
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter 2 - A new sidekick

Bonus Chapter 1 -- Don't go drooling now

790 54 71
By AlwaysSunny

Della's POV
Sophomore year of college

"I'm going to take you some place special for our three year anniversary." Jonas says out of the blue across the room.

While I'm at the computer monitors in what used to be Mason's workout area, Jonas is organizing some paperwork on the far side of the room. Mason and Ash are on night watch in the streets.

"Three years. Wow. Where has the time gone?" I comment in astonishment, still staring at the screens.

Jonas chuckles, "Beats me. Anyways, are you up for a fancy dinner? I could pick you up around seven."

I nod my head, "Yeah, I'll dig up something fancy for the occasion." I spin around in my desk chair to see him staring at me with a goofy grin on his face.

"What?" I laugh.

He sits on the wooden table, placing his hands beside him. "Nothing, I just can't believe I've already spent three amazing years with you."

I rest my hands on my stomach, "I can't believe you've dealt with me for this long. I'm a handful."

Jonas laughs and walks over to me. He plants a kiss on top of my head.  "Nothing I can't handle."

A slight smile comes to my face, only to be interrupted by Mason's voice in our ear piece. "Della, you got anything on Guilford Avenue? I just heard something odd."

I sigh, as does Jonas. I swivel my chair around to look at Guilford Avenue a little more carefully. My eyes close once I've spotted the culprit causing the noise.

"Mason, it's a cat behind a dumpster. Keep moving."

You could say Mason is a little too eager to pounce on some late night crime. It's only 11 p.m., the crime hasn't even had time to begin.

"I should get back to my paperwork, huh?" Jonas teases as he leans over me, his hands placed on both arm rests.

I smirk, "I suppose we can sneak a quick kiss before my brother attacks another cat." I peck Jonas' lips and he returns back to his desk.

I'll admit, I never expected to lose my powers and Ash take my place. I never imagined I'd be behind a computer, monitoring a million tiny screens at once. Who ever thought Jonas would be by my side, even here, when he could be out there with Ash and Mason?

I smile to myself as I realize just how amazing Jonas is. I've always known, but it's so obvious to me now, in this moment. In these past three years, he's never left my side in the worst of times. I don't deserve Jonas, and I hope he knows it. I also hope he knows how much I love him.

"Just promise me tomorrow's not a double date with my dweeb of a brother." I turn around again after double checking the screens.

Jonas laughs across the room. "Tomorrow is our night, Del. I promise."

***

Jonas should have given me a week's notice because I have nothing fancy to wear apparently. I am currently wearing a burgundy off-the-shoulder dress that, of course, belongs to Ash. Yes, there are matching shoes, this is Ash we're talking about.

She mocked me when she placed the outfit in my arms. "What would you do if we weren't the same size?"

I shrug, "I really think God intended it to be this way." Ash has come to my rescue in times of fashion crisis so many times that it has to be destiny that we can wear each others clothes.

"He's here!" Ash squeals as we watch his truck pull into the driveway. She fluffs my curled hair while spraying some hairspray. Then she's pushing me down the steps and out the door to meet Jonas. What's her deal?

Jonas is right outside the door, about to knock, when I open it with a wide smile. The summer heat hits me instanty. I'm glad I'm wearing a light weight dress. Jonas is wearing a light blue button up and navy blue khakis.

"You look amazing, Della." He says after a whole minute of staring at me with his mouth slightly open. I cup his face in my hands.

"Don't go drooling now, I'm still the same Della, just with Ash's dress." I chuckle and plant a kiss on his lips.

Jonas links his arm with mine and walks me to his truck. He opens the passenger door for me and closes it. Not that he doesn't already do that, but I feel like he's going the extra mile tonight. I'm loving every second of it, even if I am in a dress.

"So where are we going?" I ask, giddy to see where this fancy place is.

He smirks as he starts up the truck, "It's a surprise."

I slouch in my seat, "Not too much of a surprise if there's no blindfold."

Jonas laughs, "Come on now, why would I blindfold you? I want to see your beautiful face."

I smile to myself as I look out the window, "You're such a dork."

He grabs my hand and kisses the back of it. "You bet I am. I'm your dork."

"I'm so lucky." I meant it as a sarcastic remark, but it wasn't a lie. I squeeze his hand a little tighter to let him know I'm being serious.

Within a few minutes, we're pulling up to a brick building. It looks like a paper mill or some sort of factory building. It's definitely not a fancy restaurant. Jonas parks the truck and gets out to help me. I'm completely baffled.

The building finally registers in my mind. "Wait a second. Is this the building where I fell off of the roof?"

Jonas puts his hand around my waist as he leads me closer to the building. "You're going to have to be a little more specific, you've fallen from a lot of roofs."

I roll my eyes, "The one where we met Shadow Soldier." Jonas nods, leading me around the back of the building to the ladder that leads to the roof.

I stop in my tracks. "Jonas, why are we here?"

Jonas takes the first step onto the ladder, "Gosh, you put on Ash's dress and then you start asking questions like her. That's spooky."

I put my hands on my hips, "Why are we going up to the roof?" For crying out loud, I'm in a dress and heels.

He looks down at me from the fourth rung now, "Trust me, Del."

Just like that, his soulful eyes and soothing voice convince me to climb up the ladder behind him. When I get to the top, he gives me his hand to pull me onto the rooftop.

Before I can even ask what the big surprise is, I see it. It takes a second for me to catch my breath. This is astonishing.

Jonas has decorated the rooftop all around the edge with strands of golden lights. There's a pathway of bright white candles in front of us that lead to the center of the roof. In the center, there's a red tablecloth spread out with a picnic basket.

"Jonas..." I breathe out, unable to find the rest of my sentence. This is better than any fancy restaurant I could ever imagine.

He smiles from ear to ear, blushing as he takes my hand and leads me over to the center of the roof. "Now, I know it's just picnic food - some sandwiches and chocolate strawberries-"

I put my hand up to stop him. "You had me at food." He chuckles and sits down on the tablecloth, letting go of my hand so I can sit too.

"This is long overdue." Jonas mumbles to himself.

"No it's not. Jonas, I don't need fancy and extravagant. I just need you." With that, I grab a chocolate covered strawberry. "But these," I take a bite, "Yeah, you should make these more often. I wouldn't object to that."

Jonas leans forward as he laughs, to wipe some chocolate off of my mouth. He teases, "Don't go drooling now."

This. This why having Jonas is so vital in my life.

After a couple bites of our ham and cheese sandwiches, (which were far more spectacular than any ordinary ham and cheese sandwiches) Jonas stands up and offers me a hand to do the same. He pulls a remote out of his pants pocket, and suddenly I begin to hear a slow song playing through the speaker on the picnic cloth.

"You know I love this song." As soon as I hear the steady strum of the guitar, I know it's Jenny's Song by We The Kings. The sun is just beginning to set, painting the sky with orange and pink bursts of color.

Jonas spins me around and then pulls me closer to his chest, his hands resting on my waist. He begins to sing along, "I can't deny what I feel today, but you feel like home and baby that's okay."

My cheeks turn bright red the more I smile. I can feel them heating up and admittedly, I'm crying a little on the inside because this is too perfect.

When they sing the lines, "You are my one love, you are my only," Jonas lets go of my waist and digs in his pocket. The song still plays in the background.

When he pulls out a black box, I freeze in place. It's probably just another necklace, Della.

But when he gets down on one knee I feel my eyes flood with tears.

"I think it's pretty clear that I've been in love with you since I met you. You've been my best friend through the ups and the downs, through the hardships and the success. You're the most amazing woman I have ever met, and I can't imagine life with anyone else by my side." Jonas opens the box and grabs my hand, looking at me with a sparkle in his eyes brighter than ever before.

"Della Elaine Abram..." He lets out a shaky laugh. "Will you marry me?"

I don't even have to think about my answer. I know that Jonas is the only guy that I've ever needed in my life, and I can't imagine what my life would be without him. He is my past, my present, and my future.

"Yes!" I choke out, happy tears streaming down my face. I watch him slide the diamond ring onto my finger. He jumps up and hugs me tightly before scooping me up and twirling me around bridal style. When he sets me down, he kisses me so passionately that I can't think straight.

"I can't wait to be Mrs. Jonas Coleman." I admit after we break apart, a playful smile pulling at my lips as I stare into my fiancé's eyes.

Jonas keeps the distance between us small. "I can't wait for that day either."

A/N
I'm so happy with this chapter you have no idea. I wish I could have fit this into the plot of the book, but I also didn't want them to get engaged in a hurry. So here it is as a bonus chapter! I hope you guys liked it... Let me know what you think!

Also, you can now find playlists on Spotify for both WLS and VR! Just search the titles of the books and listen along!

Thanks for reading!
Always, Sunny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 1.4K 52
A storm is raging, deep and strong Penetrating the walls of despair, Its angry façade slowly growing, Beneath the happy faces, it bears. -tintinspy ...
453 61 11
In a world where having a syndrome is a blessing, Hiro Naito and his friends are on the path to becoming potential heroes for the future. However, th...
9.7K 811 47
FEATURED ON THE HEROES & LEGENDS READING LIST OF WATTPAD'S MYTH AND LEGENDS ACCOUNT Twin sisters Aura and Carolyn Addams lost their chance to grow up...
865 100 21
(Complete! Someone help me publish it?)What happens when a Hero and a Villain put aside their differences to work together towards a common goal of s...