The Seven and The Hidden Child

By emmajson

Book one of six in "The Seven" series (maybe) Currently updated according to schedule again. I have limited c... More

The Seven and The Hidden Child
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Illegals
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 19

1.4K 64 38
By emmajson

"Gin! Mione!" Hannah called after the two girls. She was desperate to know why Blaise had it in for her so suddenly this year.

"Hannah? Hey," Ginny replied using her spare arm to link with Hannah while her other was hooked around Hermione's.

"Seems like I've seen you two more in just today than I have in an entire school year," Hannah commented hooking her arm around Ginny's.

"So what's up?" Hermione asked looking over at he blonde.

"You two are the Heads with Malfoy and Zabini, right?" Hannah asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Can you keep an eye on Zabini for me?" She asked shyly biting her lip. "He's been acting very odd. Teasing me on the train and then that whole arm thing, and now Malfoy basically forced me into a date with him."

Hermione and Ginny shared a knowing look. This was exactly how Seamus had been when they saw him over the summer with Dean. Seamus would casually tease Dean about little things and make small gestures of affection. In the end Neville invited them both to the Three Broomsticks but didn't bother showing up himself. Now, they were considered the cutest couple after the war.

"I don't like those smiles," Hannah stated unsurely.

"Hannah, it sounds like Zabini likes you," Ginny giggled.

"Me? Hell no!" Hannah exclaimed. "There's no way he would like me. I'm a Hufflepuff for Helga's sake and he's a Slytherin. I doubt his mother would allow it even if it were true."

"Why do you sound so disappointed?" Hermione teased.

Hannah glared. "But seriously," Ginny said going to a different tone, "It sounds like he really likes you. Give him a go. Who knows? You might just find true love."

"With him?" Hannah deadpanned.

"Yep."

"I'd rather go out with the giant squid than that toerag," Hannah shuddered.

Hermione and Ginny shared another look and smile. Harry had told them that his mother had said the exact same thing to his father years ago. The chances of Blaise and Hannah together just went up quite a bit.

"We'll watch him for you," Ginny promised.

"Thanks. I gotta go. Susan and I are getting a headstart on the textbooks this year. See you!"

Hannah then unattached herself from the girls and ran back in the opposite direction. It only took a moment before she disappeared around the corner.

"I give them three weeks until they're official," Ginny stated.

"I say two."

Hermione shook Ginny's hand. The girls dissolved into a peak of giggles as they arrived in front of the portrait. The portrait of Snape sneered down at the two girls.

"Should've known they'd make you Head Girl," He remarked.

"Thank you, professor," Hermione smiled recognizing the compliment hiddden behind his tone of voice.

"Your password is— you're late," Snape cut himself off seeing his godson and his friend rush up.

"Blaise was freaking out over a date," Draco rolled his eyes, shoving his hands inside his pockets.

"I'm changing to one week," Ginny grinned at Blaise's flushed face.

"Three days," Hermione countered.

"Your on," Ginny nodded. The two girls shook hands again, leaving the three males staring in confusion.

"As I was saying before, you password is 'Dramione'. It is a tradition for the password to be the two Heads' names combined. No one is to stay over unless you have permission. Sleep only in your respective dorms," Snape spoke in a monotone voice, glancing at Draco for the last sentence. "Now, in you go. Girls, please keep my godson and his pesky friend out of too much trouble this year."

"Of course, professor," Hermione smiled kindly.

Snape pressed his lips in a thin line. That was probably the closest to a smile she would get. He swung open the portrait and allowed the four in.

The room has cream colored walls with a silver and gold stitching embroided in an elegant pattern. The floor was a carmel colored oak with a glossy wax coating. In the center of the room was a dark colored coffee table. The center was of a blue colored glass with the legs and under rack the dark color. A white leather couch was on the West and East side of the table. The North side had a plastic black chair and the South side was open.

A white rug lied under neath the table and against the edges of the seating. To the East side of the coffee table was a large fireplace. It was lit and had red, orange, and yellow flames dancing about in the pit. Four armchairs, all the same white leather, surrounded it. To the right of the fireplace was a largish opening to a small kitchen. The West wall had a large window that overlooked the grounds and had a clear view of the Quidditch Pitch. A large window seat that could fit at least two rested underneath the glass window.

Straight back to the North wall, across from the entrance, was a staircase leading up. The South wall, with the entrance, had bookshelves on either side of the entrance. The sheleves were all filled with both magical and muggle books. Hermione climbed the stairs and came to two doors. Both were a deep colored oak and stood out against the white walls.

She pushed open the left one to reveal a room of a deep emerald green and silver. Two four poster beds stood tall in the room. Each bed had a dark colored, five drawer dresser. There were two desk with three ink pots on each and a vase filled with different types of quills. There was also a door to the left of the room which Hermione assumed led to Blaise and Draco's private bathroom.

She poked her head back out of the room and opened the right door. The layout of the room was slightly different. The room was in more of a circlular shape. Two red and gold four poster beds stood against the walls, each ajoined with a five drawer dresser. Instead of two private desks there was a long table with two seats and a bookshelf above it. It had ink jars and quills as well as a stack of parchment.

There was a door to the right of the room, almost in the same spot as the Slytherin room had been. Hermione opened it to see a large bathroom. It had a two person vanity complete with two sinks and small holders for toothbrush, hair supplies, and makeup. There was a huge tub almost the size of the one know the prefects bathroom. It even had the different taps and scents.

"This is amazing!" Ginny breathed joining Hermione.

"Yeah, I know," Hermione nodded turning towards the large mirror. She scowled upon seeing her reflection. "I really need to cut this."

"We can do that tomorrow. Right now I want to sleep. Those beds look amazing!" Ginny gushed.

"A good nights sleep would be great. I haven't gotten that in awhile," Hermione agreed exiting the bathroom and shutting the door.

Ginny changed into a red spaghetti strapped tank top and sweatpants while Hermione settled for a long baggy black shirt and pink sleep shorts. The each sat on their respective bed and turned to face each other.

Ginny opened her mouth to speak, but thought better of it and closed it again. She glanced at the door momentarily begore making up her mind. She sent a silence and locking charm towards it before turning back to Hermione.

"You wouldn't speak to us about your brother," She said softly.

"Hm? Oh, I'm sure Hunter's fine," Hermione waved her hand dismissively. "He's wanted to be the mediwizard here ever since I came back after first year."

"Well, I didn't exactly mean Hunter," Ginny said prodding the subject as carefully as she could. "I meant your twin. You spoke to him on the train but . . ."

"But I lost contact before I could get a name, big whoop," Hermione grumbled.

"So Hunter!" Ginny said happily, changing the subject, "He's alright then?"

"I'm sure. Like I said, this is his dream job. Probably sucks that you're here, though," Hermione smirked.

"What? Why?"

"Please, like you're not going to injure yourself on purpose just to see him," Hermione rolled her eyes.

"He's cute!" Ginny defended.

Hermione rolled her eyes again and threw a pillow at Ginny, laughing. Maybe she should just forget about her brother for now and focus on the smaller things in life. Like her amazing friend sitting in front of her, who had basically volunteered herself to be teased just so Hermione wouldn't be upset.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

490K 12.1K 42
It's been two years since the battle of Hogwarts and Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley have everything they ever wanted. Great friends, amazing boyf...
395K 7.6K 48
A month before Hermione returns to School,She finds out that she was kidnaped and sold to the Granger Family.She's shocked when she finds out that he...
30.4K 518 23
What happens when a set of twins is separated at birth by their mother. Now one lives with her while the other lives with his father. To make matter...
13.7K 377 77
Scared of losing her awaited relationship with Harry Potter, Arabella Nickoletti struggles in creating a place for Draco Malfoy in her life. But litt...