Reconstruction of the Legacy

By itsdriadeaux

The 1st book of the Legacy Series From senior year of high school to fighting to live. Being betrayed by the... More

Chapter 1: Unplanned Beginnings
Chapter 2: 2:25 Wya?
Chapter 3: Beep Beep
Chapter 4: Don't leave me.
Chapter 5: An Unsolved Puzzle
Chapter 6: Putting 2 and 2 Together
Chapter 7: Rise Up
Chapter 8: Secrets Makes Friends
Chapter 9: Welcome Back La'Toya
Chapter 10: Heritage
Chapter 11: Reveal What The Truth Is
Chapter 12: An Eye Out For The Snake
Chapter 13: Broken Bond
Chapter 14: Brewing Storm
Chapter 15: Ashes to Ashes
Chapter 16: Lost Trust
Chapter 17: Plan in Motion
Chapter 18: Clueless
Chapter 19: A Thief in the Knight
Chapter 20: Rage of the Knight
Chapter 21: Not So Lonely Moment
Chapter 22: Fool Me One Time
Chapter 23: Can't Stay
Chapter 24: An Unspoken Ignition
Chapter 25: Movie Time
Chapter 26: Hide and Go Seek
Chapter 27: Bring Back Up
Chapter 28: Game Time
Chapter 29: United
Chapter 30: War Cry
Chapter 31: Facing The Inner Demons
Chapter 32: Think Of Our Kids
Chapter 33: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 34: Discussion
Chapter 35: Confession
Chapter 36: You Thought
Chapter 37: Slow and Steady
Chapter 38: Deeper Understanding
Chapter 39: Homecoming
Chapter 40: Choices
Chapter 41: Troubles in the Water
Chapter 43: Confrontation
Chapter 44: Newly Born

Chapter 42: Losing A Connection

40 8 0
By itsdriadeaux

La'Toya
Ever since the falling out me and Jaida had Homecoming night I haven't heard from her. During Thanksgiving Break and Christmas Break I didn't see her. I got so mad at her I blocked her on all of my social media accounts. Call it being petty, but I can't have it like this. We did send each other a Christmas present through the mail. Hopefully it won't be like this during the second semester. If it is I can't handle it. Today I'm spending Christmas with my Legacy family. Jojo and I have been getting closer. She isn't a replacement for Jaida because that's a void that can't be filled until we get back on good terms.

Jojo🤑: I hope you ready cause I'm coming in!👊

Me: So🙄I'm so scared

"La'Toya you ready?"

"Yeah."

I wipe my face and Jojo grabs my shoulder.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine it's just the first Christmas without Jaida that's all."

"When I see her it's gonna be just me and her."

"Jojo nah. We not finna do that."

I manage to crack a smile.

"Ah ha got you to smile even tho I was serious."

"Come on or we finna be late."

Jaida
As long as I have Ryan thinking I'm doing what he wants I get anything. I know I'm hurting La'Toya, but I gave her time after time to tell me what's going on. With me being with Ryan so much has happened. My parents came back and my grandpa is okay now. I'm not sure about taking the big step of letting him meet my parents yet. I even went to his and his sister's graduation. It was nice, but I didn't get a chance to go to his graduation party. It's funny how he knows everything about me and my life yet I don't know that much about his. He dodges the question every time I bring it up.

"Merry Christmas family!"

"Well Merry Christmas to you too Jaida."

My mom has my favorite breakfast laid out. I start eating it and like every family she starts the conversation.

"When should we expect La'Toya today?"

I swallow the food in my mouth and my stomach gets a queasy feeling.

"May I be excused?"

I leave out of the room before I give her a chance to answer my question. The doorbell rings I open it expecting Ryan, but instead it's the mailman. He extends a package out to me.

"I have a package for Jaida. Sign here please."

I sign and get the package. The first thing I want to do is shake it. However, I don't because it could be something breakable in here. I look on the box and see that it's from La'Toya. I roll my eyes and go in my room. I sit on my bed and put the box beside me. I stare at it for a bit and then my curiosity gets the best of me. I rip it open and see a holiday card.

It reads:

Dear Jaida,
I know we aren't on good terms, but I still love you. I know you don't know everything that's going on. If you had just given me time I would've been able to tell you. It's like me being an employee trying to run things like I'm a boss. I have to wait my turn. I just needed you to be patient. Well I guess I don't need to dwell in the past. I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas.

With much love from ya big sis,

Toya

P.S. I hope you love your present

I look in the box and there's pretty stuffing paper in there. I remove it and push it aside. Afterwards I see the dress I've always wanted with the matching purse, accessories, and shoes. Darn it why does she always have to be this good? I have to get out of this house once and for all. I call Ryan and take him up on that date he's been planing.

Jojo
All us finna eat and be lit. I turn up Double D's (La'Toya's) radio and start singing. She shakes her head and smiles. She eventually joins and we do this until we come to Aunt Jayla's house. She rings the doorbell and Aunt Jayla opens the door.

"Come in. Come in."

"Where the food at?"

"Now Jojo you know the routine. We have to wait until everyone arrives before we say grace and eat. The others are scattered about, but Orlando is in his room. Y'all are welcome to join him and RJ. Keep the door opened."

We go into Orlando's room and of course they're playing the game. La'Toya and I just play some iMessage games on our phone until Aunt Jayla calls us down. Orlando says grace and we start loading up our plates with food. I promise this is one of my favorite times of year. After we get finished we go around the Christmas tree.

"Alright members of Legacy. It's time for me to pass out the presents."

By the time she gets finished passing them out La'Toya has the most presents. One thing I can say about her is that she's loyal, humble, and considerate. We all got a present from her. She's so short the presents are stacked taller than her. I can't miss this opportunity to tease her.

"Aye y'all seen La'Toya?"

"Ha. Ha. Very funny Jojo you know I'm right behind these presents."

For the rest of the time we loaded the presents in her car. Then we played uno, watched Christmas movies, sung Christmas songs, and made to-go plates. By the time we left it was nightfall. Now that's a way to celebrate. I'm glad La'Toya had a great time considering everything that happened this year.

RJ
It's great to kick back and be a regular high school student. Spending time with the family is even better. The cooking combined together don't get me started on it. Just know when I say I ate good believe dat. Seeing La'Toya without Jaida is something I'm gonna have to get use to. At least TJ isn't in that much hot water as he once was. I plan on breaking into Aunt Jayla's office to see what were on those files TJ gave her. Once I know what is in there I'll get an insight as to why she suspended him. I think if I'm gonna do it now has to be the night. I watch La'Toya leave out of the driveway.

"O!"

"Lemme finish this game first."

I press the pause button on his controller.

"RJ! What the..."

"I'm finna break into Aunt Jayla's office at headquarters."

"Mhmm. Can I get back to the game now?"

"I need help."

"Aight."

"It's now or never."

"Fine."

We turn off the game and rush out the front door.

"I'm driving or you?"

"RJ we taking my ride."

I watch Orlando drive as fast as he can.

"Slow down. You drawing attention to us."

His foot eases off the gas pedal and he drives the speed limit.

"We're not gonna get caught so chill fam."

"My mom knows everything. If we move something out of place we better put it back the way she had it exactly. Don't move it slightly to the left or right. If you do she'll know that someone messed with it. She might even have an investigation."

"I'm gonna put it back exactly the way she had it."

"Now if you take it that's gonna be the worst option out there."

"I'm not chill. If I get caught I'll take the fall."

He chills out a little and we make it to the headquarters. Alright follow my lead. I unlock the door and go into the building. I go straight to Aunt Jayla's office door. It's locked and now I have to pick it. Picking the lock burns time I don't have to lose. We get in and we have to search for the file. I FaceTime TJ and he has his headphones in.

"What did the files look like?"

"They're in a Manila Folder and it has a stamp on it."

"Would these be the files you're talking about?"

"Yeah dem it."

"Alright. I'll call you and let you know what we find out."

"Later."

"Orlando check this out."

As we look we see that the file is on Orlando's dad. It shows when and where Kayla was going to kill his dad. The date matched up to the one on the surveillance video. Now we see why she snapped and suspended him. If he had of brought this sooner then maybe his father would be here now.

"Hey I heard a noise coming from the boss's office!"

We spilt up and hide in different spots the guards stick the keys in the lock only to discover it was already unlocked. They shine the flashlight around in the room.

"It looks clear. I guess she must've forgotten to lock her door."

"Should we leave it opened?"

"What kind of question is that? Maybe this is a test. You know how she is about her stuff."

"You right we'll just leave it alone."

We hear them walk away and we come out of hiding. I place the file back in its exact spot and we head out of Legacy like there was a fire behind us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
583K 51.9K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
56K 2.2K 36
Ermias was a young gangster who grew up off Crenshaw and Slauson, with dreams of becoming a young Mogul. And Boogie was a young aspiring actress with...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...