Im Back

Od kristen_june

Paisley is often times bullied because of her weight and appearance. On top of that she is being abused by he... Viac

Im Back
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14-Control
Chapter 15

Chapter 7

10.7K 288 15
Od kristen_june

Drew POV

I look over at Paisely next to me in the passenger seat sleeping soundlessly. She looks so peaceful and beautiful. I wish this moment didnt have to end but soon enough we pulled into my 3 car garage. I lean over to wake her up but she looked so angelic, it took my breath away so instead I swept the hair out of her face. It took a moment to snap out of this trance she put me under so I walked around to her side, opened the door and swept her off her feet. I carried her to the couch and set her down gently. I covered her with a blanket and re-adjust her head and placed it on the couch pillow, just as I'm leaving her eyes flutter open revealing glassy green eyes. My heart almost stopped. I've never been so close to her before.

"Wait, will you stay with me for a while and... maybe watch a movie... until I-I fall asleep?" she seemed so hopeful.

"Sure, would you like anything?" I suggested.

"Popcorn?" I saw a corner of her mouth slightly turn up into the ghost of a smile.

"Yeah, sure. No problem." I said while I turn on my heel headed to the kitchen. Smiling to myself I open the cabinet and reach around to find the packaged buttered popcorn. I take it to the microwave and set the timer and leave it to pop. I head back to the livingroom to take a glance at the couch where Paisley lay still awake.

Paisley's POV

I watch as Drew makes his way to the microwave to put the popcorn inside. He closes the door and pressed a few buttons. A moment later the still house is filled with the sound of popcorn popping. The house house is then filled with the rich smell of buttered popcorn. Mmmm... Buttered popcorn, my favorite. I sigh, as my stomache growls. I then realize that I'm actually starving.

Drew makes his way back towards the couch and stops near me. I catch him glancing at me so I turn away and blush from the intense heat of his gaze. "So, um.. how about that movie?" he asks.

"Yeah, sure. I think that'd be a good idea." I say.

"Do you wanna watch a scary movie?.." I see a mischievious glint in his eyes and it seems as if he's challenging me. And I'm not one to back down from a challenge.

I confidently reply,"Sure, why not?"

Drew smirks at me with his playful crystal blue eyes. He strides to the movie case confidently and picks out the scariest movie imaginable 'The Ring'. I knew that this movie would give me nightmares for life. But I pushed aside those thoughts and replied, "Bring it on."

Drew smirks, places the DVD inside the DVD player, presses the play button, and comes back to the couch pushing my legs aside to sit on the opposite end of the couch. I frown at him and cross my arms in a pouty way. "My legs were right there ya know? You could have sat on the other smaller couch."

"I could've but I didn't.. What'cha gonna do about it?"

I notice that signature smirk once again that I despize so much, I want to smack it off his pretty little face. Wait.. WHAT did I just think?! I meant his stupid ignorant face! Yeaaa thats what I meant. I frown internally and face the movie just as it starts. During the movie I reach towards the popcorn bowl and feel a warm tingling in my fingertips. At first I think it's the warmth of the popcorn but then realize that it's Drew. As I glance over at Drew I realize he's not watching the movie, but instead I follow his gaze towards our hands touching in the popcorn bowl. I quickly pull my hand away, but as I do the movie intensifies and scares the living crap out of me, I nearly jump and hide my face with the pillow.

I notice that Drew has moved a little closer towards me since the movie began. I shoved a pillow between us so he can't move any closer to me. I noticed a slight crease in his brow and a look of disappointment on his face. Yeah, you're not gonna get me that easy. Just because he saved me from that monster doesn't mean I'm gonna let him in that easy. I didn't spend all this time ignoring him for nothing.

The movie finally ends and I realize that the pillow has fallen on the floor and the popcorn bowl is over turned on the floor, popcorn every where. How'd that happen?.. Fatigue overcomes my body and fear crowds my mind. Drew must have noticed the fear behind my eyes because he brings me closer to him and whispers," It's okay it's just a movie I'll protect you, you're safe here with me."

"T-thanks, I think.. but where are your parents?" his body stiffens beside me.

"They're out." he replies firmly with a hard stare in his eyes. "They're never around..."

"Oh.." maybe there's more to him than I'd realized before. He can be a jerk one minute and sincere the next. There's more I want to know but when will I get the answers? I want to know more. As I was thinking to myself, my eyes grew heavy.

"Goodnight Paisley.. Don't dream of me too much." God.. he never fails to be so full of himself does he?

Drew's POV

When she asked me where my parents were, I felt my face fall and my body stiffened automatically. I wasn't used to other girls asking where my parents were. They never cared. They always just wanted to take advantage of a house without any parents, taking the wine my parents stashed in the glass cabinets and drinking it. Don't get the wrong idea, I wasn't too happy that the girls were taking my parents expensive wine and drinking half the bottle like they had bought the stuff. I felt bad for feeling like I was going to take advantage of them. That's one of the reasons that I like about Paisley... She's not like the other girls I would bring around. She's so genuine.. and real. I felt bad for being so hostile about her asking about my parents whereabouts. She deserves to know someday. Just.. not now. I have a reputation anyways.. No one needs to know about me liking Paisley yet. Because this thing with Paisley, the feelings that I'm starting to feel towards her, are strong.. And I don't want any relationship that I might have with her some day to be like any other I've had. This can wait. I don't want to rush. Anyways, she might not even like me. But that doesn't matter, what's meant to be will be. And it's better to wait.

When I was sure she was asleep I slowly got up from the couch turned of the tv and the kitchen light. I would let Paisley sleep now, because there was nowhere for her to go and it's really late now. Overwhelmed with fatigue and too tired to get ready for bed, I made my way to my bedroom, undressed deciding to sleep in my boxers and a t-shirt and crawled into bed.

Paisley's POV

I woke to the smell of pancakes, sausage, and eggs cooking. From how Drew responded to my asking about his parents, I doubt his mom or dad was making breakfast. I could only guess that it was Drew, but I wondered who might he be making breakfast for? Himself or me?

I entered the kitchen to find Drew in fact making breakfast. But... I definately didn't expect him to be cooking in just an apron, a white t-shirt, and boxers.. Although I should've known since it's Drew Ackerman.. He does what he wants, when he wants, and why he wants. And who the hell knows why.

"Morning." Drew said, I could tell he was smirking because of the way his voice sounded.

"Umm, good morning.?" I stood there not really knowing what to do other than stand there probably looking like an idiot.

"You can sit down at that table, I know you're enjoying the view, but you can enjoy it sitting down yes?" I blushed furiously, and moved to the table.

"I wasn't staring" I lied. "Don't be so full of yourself."

"Well, that's definately why you're blushing." I looked up and realized he was staring at me, and my blush deepened.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes.

"Watch it" he winked at me,"I was just finishing making you breakfast, you don't want me burning it do you?"

"Guess not." I sighed as he brought me a whole tray of food. "Wow I don't think I've this much food in a while."

"Really?" he seemed surprised.

"Yeah, how do you think I got so skinny?"I joked.

"That's not funny" he looked at me seriously. "How did you get so.. Fit, so quickly? And why were you gone for so long, if you don't mind me asking."

"I didn't think you'd notice at all that I was gone."

"Well I did, mostly because everyone picked on you" he said.

"Yeah, I know. That's partly why I guess."

"Did you leave because of your dad?" he guessed.

"Yeah... I did." I looked down at my hands. "Because he sent me away."

"What? Really?" he looked at me with big eyes.

"Yeah.. I guess he didn't want me around."

"Yeah, no kidding. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." He's so sincere, I might tell him another time. But not now, not so soon. He's still that one bad boy and I don't trust him. Who knows what he might say after I leave.

"Yeah, I don't exactly feel comfortable talking about it." I said honestly.I turned to my food and shoved eggs and some fruit in my mouth so I don't have to respond. He seemed to get that I wasn't planning on saying anything else. So he grabbed his plate of food from the counter and brought it to the table sitting right across from me.

We finished eating and he grabbed my plate and put it in the dishwasher along with his plate.

"You didn't have to do that really. I have hands and feet, I'm completely capable of putting a plate in the dishwasher."

"Yeah actually I did. Because it's my house. And I do what I want when I want." he smirked.

"Quit smirking, it highly annoying." I grumbled and crossed my arms, he laughed. Right then, all I wanted to do was throw a chair at him. He's so dang ignorant! But polite at the same time. He confuses me. More than anyone else.

"Is there anywhere you want me to take you now?" Drew asked.

"Actually yeah, can you take me to Ali and Marilyn's house? Please. I really don't want to go home anytime soon. And I need to find where my brother went because I know he didn't go home." I was really worried for my brother then. I checked my phone for text messages from him and found none.

"Yeah sure, but let me come with you. Ryland's my friend ya know? I want to make sure he's alright." he said hopefully. The concern for my brother and his friend was obvious. I don't blame him. I would be worried too if one of the twins went some place because they were upset and they hadn't contacted or something.

"Ugh fine." I stomped my foot. "But just because you let me hide out from my dad and did all this for me doesn't mean much of anything."

"Feisty girl eh?" he laughed clearly amused by my actions. "Let's go then." He led me to his car and he turned on the engine. He plugged his iPhone into the aux chord and put on his playlist. He scrolled through his list and when he found the song he was looking for he pressed play. "Gas Pedal ft. Justin Bieber".. Well that's surprising I guess. I didn't expect JB to be anywhere on his playlist. Not that I'm complaining anyways.

I gave him the address and he plugged it into his car's GPS. I texted the twins before we got there so they would know I was coming. We pulled up and he honked the car horn. He parked the car and we walked to their door. Not a minute later they came out and swung the front door open.

"Paisley!" they screeched giggling. They leaped at me at the same time and nearly knocked me over.

"Oh heyy Dreww. Come on in guys." Marillyn wiggled her shoulders while Ali winked at Drew. I groaned out loud while Drew just laughed.

Follow my Instagram: @/kristen_june

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

308K 11.6K 70
This story talks about a high school girl who's fat but beautiful. Everyone makes fun of her. Her dad's died when she was still in middle school, fro...
Secret Life Od melanietjones321

Tínedžerská beletria

1.1M 31.7K 34
Emma also known as "panther" is the best street fighter in her state and it doesn't help having a abusive dad. But she is also her schools biggest ne...
123K 4.3K 93
Katherine Reynolds and Erik Jones couldn't be any more different. White/black, Upper class/lower class, sweet and innocent/dangerous and corrupt. Th...
Itˋs All In My Head Od jelo

Tínedžerská beletria

438 47 4
Jolene was an average girl. Some would say there was absolutely nothing special about her. Yes, she was smart, but thatˋs pretty much it. Her looks w...