Silver Linings {A TVD Fanfic...

Bởi xlaurynwritesx

Emmaline Flemming had an ordinary life. Well she thought it was ordinary, at least. Her mother died when she... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Part One
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Part Two
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Part Three
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
50
51
52
53

49

618 20 5
Bởi xlaurynwritesx

"You're with Damon aren't you?" Rebekah questioned as we headed upstairs.

"No not really. He moved on." I replied crossing my arms.

"He never was much of a keeper." Rebekah commented. "What happened?"

"Klaus took me and he started liking my sister." I explained. "It isn't really something I want to talk about." She walked into a room. She was kind enough to drop it. Not to mention she obviously liked me way more than Elena.

"So what colors do you like?" She questioned as she turned on the light and an assortment of gowns filled the side wall.

"Woah." I commented not sure what else to say. "Purple and blue are my favorites but I look good in red." I explained as she nodded.

"I'm wearing green." She replied.

"That'll complement your hair nicely." I smiled lightly to her.

She smiled back before sighing. "I'm going to be honest with you from the bag. I tried to kill your sister last night but Elijah stopped me." She said as I started to open mouth. "I just wanted to let you know before we became best friends or something."

"Oh, I'm glad you didn't I guess." I replied confused. Part of me wasn't even mad. I felt like half of me was rejecting humanity but the other half was working hard to figure it out on its own.

"Wow. I'd thought you'd be more upset." She looked almost disappointed at me.

"I'm not really good with processing emotions." I replied as she nodded almost as if she understood. I continued looking at dresses when I came across a blue one. I pulled it out and Rebekah looked. "I haven't had the chance to wear that one yet." She commented as I looked at it. "I think it would look good on you." She smiled.

"You don't know how long I've waited to do something fun." I smiled pulling the dress close to me. She gave me a look of understanding.

"Follow me." She smiled almost mischievously and we headed to a dresser. She opened it and there were a few velvet boxes. She picked one up and opened it. "These are real diamonds. I got it from a princess in England a long time ago."

"Wow. But why?" I asked looking at her.

"We have to let him see what he's missing." She replied with a smile.

"He's coming?" I questioned unsure if I still wanted to go.

"Well mother invited Elena and Salvatore's follow her so it's possible." She replied as I looked at the diamonds worried. "Come on are you really nervous?" She questioned.

"I haven't seen him in two months and after one he forgot about me and moved on. He isn't the first person that comes to mind." I explained.

"Well if there's one thing Kol is good at, it's making other people jealous." She added as I faked a smile. "Here." She said giving me the box of jewelry as I held the dress. "I'll get someone to do your hair and makeup and you should be ready by the time we go."

"Why are you being so nice?" I questioned holding everything.

"I relate to you. I know how hard it is to feel powerless under Niklaus. If you can't have your freedom you should be able to enjoy yourself from time to time." She replied and a small smile appeared. I nodded and walked out to my room. It wasn't long until somebody was helping me put in makeup.

"Did I say you could go to the ball?" Klaus questioned walking in.

"Kol asked me and Rebekah insisted. Not to mention everyone felt bad that you control me." I replied as my eyes were shut while the person put eyeshadow on me.

"You don't take orders from my siblings you take them from me." He replied angrily.

"Why are you mad?" I asked knowing it wasn't because I decided to go to the ball.

"That's none of your concern." He replied as I internally rolled my eyes. "I'm not allowing you to go."

"Klaus I've already got the makeup and the outfit to go. It's just one night. The only person that will be there is Elena and she is not someone I want to talk to after the new revelation you dropped on me last night." I explained as the person moved on from my eyes. "Just one night." I asked looking up at him.

"Fine but if I see you trying to pull anything I will not hesitate to rip your spine from your back." He replied.

"How many times do we have to go over that I'm loyal to you?" I questioned. "Learn some trust Klaus. I haven't done anything bad."

"Yet." He added looking to me. He walked out with a huff and the person did my hair. Soon enough I got ready. I carefully put on the diamonds and smiled at them. They really were beautiful.

I heard a knock on my door and I opened it to see Kol. He checked me out and I did the same. He wore a simple black tux with a black bow tie and his hair was all fixed up. "Well you clean up rather nice." He complimented as I smiled lightly.

"Thank you. So do you." I replied as he fixed his tux jacket slightly as if he thought so too. 

"So you convince him to let you go?" He questioned. I looked at him confused as to how he knew. "I may have been the one to put him into a bad mood earlier."

I nodded and fixed my hair a bit. "He did come in here pretty angry."

"You don't seem at all scared of him." He commented as I let out a soft chuckle.

"Not scared of him, just what he'll do." I explained. "He can be a prick."

"Watch it, he might here you." Kol commented jokingly. I smiled.

"I hope he does. He knows how I think about him." I replied sassily. We both chuckled.

"And you stand up for yourself against him?" He asked surprised.

"I'm not gonna sit here and let him treat me like crap. If I did I wouldn't be standing with you right now." I replied.

"Well you are one tough girl, Emmaline." He commented.

"Call me Emma." I replied. "Only my dad calls me that... and Elijah."

"Why can Elijah?" He questioned.

"Well, he calls everyone by their full name. I thought it was a culture thing." I replied and he let out a soft laugh. "I like Emma better." I nodded to him.

"Well, Emma, would you like to get to the party?" He questioned putting his arm out.

"I would love to." I replied wrapping around his arm. I honestly needed someone else to think about, even if it was the supposed troublemaker of the Mikaelson family. He had to be better than Klaus.

We walked down the stairs together and I went with grace. I was proud of myself to get down in these heels. "Would you like something to drink?" He asked as I nodded and headed to the bar. He made me a glass and I quickly drank it. He chuckled. "Am I wrong or are you an alcoholic?" He questioned.

"No." I replied putting my finger up. "My dad's the alcoholic, I'm the girl who's stuck with a hybrid for the rest of her life. I think that deserves a drink whenever I can get one." I replied with a smile.

"You seem like a confident person." He observed.

"And you don't seem as much of a troublemaker as I thought you were." I replied.

"You haven't known me long enough, darling." He replied with a smirk as I nodded at him and sipped a bit of champagne. "So Rebekah spilled. She said something happened with your boyfriend."

"Did she mention the part where I didn't want to talk about it?" I questioned.

"Yes, but I thought I should at least tell you the plan." He replied.

"The plan?" I questioned confused.

"Do you really think I'd let a beautiful girl like you walk around here and not make your awful ex jealous?" He questioned with a smirk. I liked his compliments. He was very outgoing too which I liked and I liked his mischievous plans.

"I'll be honest that sounds like a good plan." I replied. I mean, what did I have to lose at this point right? We talked for a while and he was really charming and kind. I wasn't even annoyed that I was with him. He was funny and he generally wanted me to enjoy myself. It seemed that all of them did, except Klaus of course. I also hadn't met the mother yet so I couldn't be sure about her.

I was laughing at something he said when I saw Damon and stopped. I could feel the hurt in me already. "There he is." I commented as I looked back to Kol and my laughing stopped. He turned to start locking. "Talking to the mayor, pretty blue eyes." I explained as he saw him and turned back.

"You're nervous." He commented as I looked to him.

"It's been a while." I explained looking down. "It's not like I really had the chance to move on too."

"Well after tonight you will." He replied as he put his hand on my shoulder. "I'll be back soon." He added as I looked up and he was walking towards them.

"Kol." I tried to stop him but I didn't want Damon to see me, not yet anyways.

He walked over and talked peace wth the mayor until Damon introduced himself and asked if they met. Kol told him he didn't recognize him and that he didn't stand out then walked away. I let out a soft laugh as Kol walked away. I saw Damon turn and look to the door in amazement. I curiously looked and Elena was walking in. He was staring at her. He walked over and she talked to both Damon and Stefan. They then both held either side of her arms and walked her in. I shook my head and walked outside and sat on a bench.

It was like good vs evil and even if I didn't want evil I got it anyway. It was the worst. "Emma. Why did you come out here?" Kol asked walking over.

"He's in love with my sister." I commented quietly.

"Who cares?" He replied. "I mean this in the least derogatory way possible, but your hot. You don't need some scumbag vampire to be happy." He explained.

"I wish I could see it that way." I replied. "You know I did all this for them. I'm stuck because of them and then they go and do- whatever the hell it is they're doing." I sighed lightly.

"Well not everyone does what we expect. That doesn't mean we should let them revel in what they've done." He replied as I looked up to him, his smirk, which was starting to lure me in, lit up his face. "Now stop pouting. This is your night of fun is it not?" He questioned as I smiled. He was right. I need to try and make the best of this.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

5.8K 96 35
Brittany a girl who lived in mystic falls was abandoned by her father in her youth and had just lost her mother at the age of 17 in the year 1867.she...
94.5K 2.1K 90
Once it was read that "to lose, it meant that you had something" but what can you do after you lost everything that ever gave you meaning? Emma Gilb...
2.8K 42 19
Ariana finally makes it back to Mystic Falls after a long trip in New Orleans, she discovers that her parents have been in an acident, casuing their...
279K 5.6K 52
When Elena's Twin enters the picture, Mystic Falls has a different take on our adventure. Eliza is strong, caring, sarcastic and loving, the rock in...