Lion's Pride

By keonjanae

My Works // #4 // 2017 - 2018 (EDITING as of 2020 - 2021) He was her escape and new beginning... S... More

Description
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 (Part 1)
Chapter 6 (Part 2)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (Part 1)
Chapter 8 (Part 2)
Chapter 8 (Part 3)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Part 1)
Chapter 13 (Part 2)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 18 (Part 2)

Chapter 17

4.9K 193 117
By keonjanae

4 Hours Earlier

T . r . e . D . o . n

"HOW MUCH YOU WANNA BET THAT I'MA GET SHORTY NUMBER right over there?" Ledo says to me, pushing my shoulder a little and pointing in the direction of where the female he wanted resided. I get a good look at her, make a sheepish face, and turn my attention elsewhere. She was cute, but she definitely wasn't my type. She was more so Ledo's type though. The botox face, but not too much botox, over the top bosom area, fat plastic ass, but the biggest thing that over powered those qualities was the ghetto, nasty ass attitude. I'm good on her type, she can stay far away from me for all I care.

I fix the blood red snap back on my head, turning the black leather bill of it to the other direction. I kick my feet up, that were covered in some stained, worn down, orange and black KD shoes, on one of the many midnight black, with silver finishes, Escalade trucks I owned. I did think about bringing out my cherry red Charger today that I usually drove, but for some reason I felt daggers on my back, like someone was watching me and having my usual car is only going to have them trail me even more. I mean, I don't have a problem with being found, seeing as though I'm out in the open now, but when it came to my cars, I ain't play about that. The Escalade was bullet proof, but my Charger wasn't.

I watched as a full court basketball game goes on in front of my eyes, tank tops versus skins, and from the looks of it, the skins were winning. Sweat was drenching everyone from the smoldering heat and it makes me stop and realise how much I missed all of this about summer. Females in scattered groups here and there, scoping the teams and picking which one player they would declare theirs for the night. It was a couple baby mamas and few toddlers here and there, but majority of the people that resided at the court or on benches, were 15 and up. I spotted teens with pop sickles and freeze pops, making me chuckle and think about my young days at their age and how much fun we had joking around.

"Man, I don't doubt you getting her number. She look easy my guy and on top of that, she definitely ya' type." I finally reply with a chuckle. There was sweat running down the front of my bare chest, making my tattoos glisten and the brim of my black shorts to become a tad bit damp. Ledo looks hurt by what I had said, nodding his head and raking his overgrown beard. He leans back on my car as well, but doesn't dare climb onto it. I'm the only one that has the right to do that.

"tsk, All the females you talk to are easy. They just throw the pussy at you 'cause they know you got the big money." My sense could tell that he was greatly offended by what I had said about him and the females he generally attracted. Ledo looks back at me, once again, raising a bushy brow. I can do nothing but make a sheepish face and nod my head. He wasn't entirely wrong, but he wasn't entirely right. My pockets and women never came into contact unless I cared a lot about the female. The biggest expense I bought a woman was a cab ride back to her own house after a very long night of nothing but sex. Heated, good, and that sweaty sex actually.

"I can't complain though, but I got standards."

"Standards?" Ledo lets a bored expression come across his face, making its mark to stay. I crane my neck.

"Duh foo'." I'm half attempted to throw this water bottle at him that was to my right, but I refrain from doing so cause he the type to not give me my own shit back. This water was too damn good and cold on this hot day, to just be letting it go to anybody like that.

"What standards? You be hitting everything that walks around on earth, Tru."

"No I don't nigga, shut up. No bitch at this basketball court can say I hit them, dumb ass. You on the other hand, I don't know."

"Whatever. You ain't got no damn standards." I roll my eyes and act like I don't hear him, even though I clearly did. Ledo takes my silence and nods his head, thinking that he has won the argument about me having my women a certain way. All grows quiet after that and we just continue to chill, while watching the ongoing game.

I look to my left and see the old fashioned ice cream truck coming down the street packed with parked cars, cruising and playing it's usual tunes. I have money to buy some ice cream, but I'd just rather have a big tub or box of ice cream to myself instead of just a single bar, so with that being said, I pass on it and watch other children hover around the multicolored truck. I feel my head suddenly become hot and I take off my red hat, setting it to the side and starting to rub on my waves. Before I know it, the same female that Ledo was talking about, had started to make her way over to my Escalade.

I shake my head. Ledo can be a bigger hoe than I am at times.

"Hey beautiful," he says to the girl after she has fully stopped walking and stood before him with her friend by her side.

She wore a casual fit that actually wasn't too bad. A black tee that she obviously turned into a thrifted crop top, with the word "Bape" on it in army fatigue covered her upper body. I notice a dog tag necklace on her and assume she has had a parent or someone in the army. On her lower half, there lie the stain washed coochie cutters that had the pockets hanging out farther than the shorts themselves, that every other girl wore. I look to her feet and see black and white checkered high top Vans on them. They were nice shoes, I remember seeing them in our mall and at that certain time, they were limited edition. I don't know if they still are now though.

"Hey." The persistent popping of her bubble gum, which smelled like juicy fruit, became loud and I immediately become irritated and turned off.

"What you on?" Ledo asks. An awkward yet silent laugh escapes from my lips.

"Nothing much, I just came to see what you was up to since your eyes couldn't find their own business." My mouth goes wide.

"If I hadn't known any better, you were looking at me too..."

"I glanced at you a couple times and you decent or whatever..." That's when the female looks to me which earns my sigh. "I was more so focused on the big dog sitting on this nice black Escalade."

Again, she started chewing at her pink gum. Ledo turns to look at me and so does the friend of the girl that came over with her. I raise a brow before starting to climb down off of my truck. The ice cream man had long gone by now so I take my chance with leaving. I pay close attention to my KD's as I get down slowly. Swinging my legs over the hood and down the drivers side of the truck. I feel as the girl behind me watched my every move. She doesn't hide her long glare as my manhood moves underneath the fabric of my shorts.

"He definitely don't talk much but bro ain't even interested." Ledo takes my actions and verbalizes them for the girl to take hint off of. She rolls her eyes and looks to her same lone friend who just shrugs her shoulders. "What's your name baby girl?"

"Tiuana," she focuses her attention right back to Ledo with ease, the typical thing I had expected her to do. Friend hopping, or sibling hopping in this case, is always common unfortunately. "And you?"

"Ledo." He flashes his signature cashmere smile.

"I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but Ledo," we lock eyes. His brown pupils were pleading with my own to let him stay and handle his situation. "We need to get up outta here. It's shit that we have to do and you know I don't play about my shit. Get her number or sumn, I'll be in the car."

"Aight," He drops eye contact with me just before lifting his body weight off of the large truck and stretching his arms in the air. Tiuana looks in my direction, biting at her lip and batting her chinky eyes. I didn't care for any of the services she could offer me as I kindly unlocked the drivers side door to my suv, climbing inside. I see out of the corner of my eye as Tiuana's chest deflates. Ledo had decided moments ago that he didn't want the random woman's number and as he walks to the passenger side door, not another word from him is said. This makes Tiuana confused for the second time.

"So where's your phone? I got you with my number." She has the audacity to mutter out. Ledo chuckles, getting comfortable in the cream colored leather seats as she comes to the side window. Her hand is stretched out, waiting.

"You really expect me to want your number when you was checking for my brother the whole time? I'm good love, enjoy." Ledo swats at her hand, closing the window. I give my brother some dap, a laugh escaping our lips as I depart from the area.

—————

"Now this is what I like to see..." its now nearly 3 hours later and my eyes couldn't resist taking in one of the many secretive warehouses I owned over the city.

To a naked eye, it looked like a regular housing facility. I made sure that it had the appeal and appearance as if a family was living here, but once inside and in the furnished and hidden basement, it was a completely different world. With a dark brick exterior, white gutters and window brimmings, this house posed as a nice front on any occasion. As I whipped my now changed car up the long gravel driveway, I come to a quick stopping point at the large black front gates that I had installed with my initials. I roll by the side where a camera is placed to see incoming and leaving guests, flashing my face. Seconds later, an audible tone is heard and the gates open wide.

Slowly, I begin to drive upwards once more. The gravel below barely scratches at my tires before I notice some of the best workers I have standing outside the home. This makes a smile form on my face because I knew once my men got free time (such as now), all business is handled. I do a slight u-turn before parking in a space labeled with my name. The engine goes silent after I press the automatic start button for it to turn off. There are two other cars to each side of me. I notice Trice's cream colored BMW to my left and Gunna's electric blue Challenger on my right. I look over myself in the rearview mirror, before grabbing at the Motorola trap phone I had sitting in the middle console.

"How you been bossdog?" Derrick, or 'Rick' for short, shakes my hand upon my arrival at the front door. I pull him in for a hug, something I only gave to well respected workers under/over me. Rick is classified as a class clown gone smart with a large temper.

"Just livin' at this point, I guess. Ain't shit been going on in my world except partying and bullshitting. You know, the usual." I shrug.

"Oh word? Man, trade me spots! Janice been driving me nuts over these damn twins. I ain't never been around a pregnant woman before and she about to make me act crazy. I'm 2 and done, for real." Rick shakes his head.

"Did he just say twins?" I think to myself out loud but instantly realize the other two men had heard me.

"Yes, twins. I went to the little appointment shit with Janice and damn near fainted on the flo' when the doctor told me she was having twins. Two twin boys at that." His eyebrows raise. Gunna covers his own mouth with a hand next to me.

"Oh shit," I look down at my wheat Timberlands before throwing my hands in the air. "Who's to say the boys is even yours Rick?"

"Man, I'm positive they mine. We've been fucking around for so long that I didn't even think to wrap it up the last couple times we did it. I ain't one to brag about pussy but shordy got it on her." Fazo laughs while shrugging nonchalantly, those white teeth of his glowing. I look over at Gunna who is already shaking his head back and forth in embarrassment for his friend. The three of us all knew that Janice loved sleeping with men, a certified classy lady of the night. What we didn't expect was for Rick to be the one knock her up.

"Hate to say it but, for the next 18 years, you'll be locked down with her. There ain't no up and leave when you want to or when she makes you mad." Gunna points out. I nod.

     "Having kids is a big commitment. Sex is a temporary feeling but the repercussions are lethal and most certainly life changing." I add.

"Quit with the life speech I've heard so many times already. I'm gonna make this right... Once I make her my wife, it'll be a happy ending." You could tell Rick believed his words just as much as he believed in himself as a man. Which is very strong, might I add.

"Huh?" Me and Gunna say as one. Rick takes a step back, a bit appalled.

"What? Yes, my wife. Like Kodak said, 'I need me a lil' baby that's gone listen'."

"Gunna, get ya' stupid ass friend." I look at him. He surrenders the situation and makes a gesture as if he was zipping his mouth shut forever. "You can't turn hoes into housewives, we already preached that shit to you Rick."

"Whether y'all like it or not, she's changed a bit. I see it in her this time."

"I'm done." I finally say. If Derrick wanted to be in a messed up situation, I'll let it be. Never in a million years would I be the one standing in his shoes while I'm still young and experiencing life. Marriage is on my list of life things to do but, definitely not at this time.

"You know what Tru? I'm sick of you always acting like you ain't got no woman around. I know you like somebody out here. A cold heart like yours ain't always been that way." Rick waves me off then with his signature smirk. "And what about 'ole girl you was talking about that one night?"

"Oh yeah, shordy did seem like she had you around her finger bossman." A clenched fist goes up to Gunna's mouth as he recalls the encounter where his friend was talking highly of a female. He had never heard him speak of any woman, not even his own mother. Gunna felt as though he has every right to know whom she is. I started to chuckle then.

"Don't worry about that. In due time I'll handle it, trust." Gunna and Rick look at each-other with twisted lips.

The woman they are referring to is none other than Danielle but, I can't let everyone know that. I couldn't let everyone know. Danielle has checked every box when it came to my list of things my future wife needs. From her striking beauty, to her dream of a body, to just... well everything. After spending time with Danielle and getting to know her a bit more, I realize now that she is definitely someone I need in my corner. There was just one little, or rather big I should say, itch I couldn't shake and that would be the man at the hospital. I could tell that the two shared some form of connection. Even if it wasn't a shared connection, I would hope, I at least knew that he wanted her.

"Aight bossman," Fazo says finally. "Whatever you say bossman."

"Quit with the bossman bullshit and like I said, in due time boys." I take that as the time to excuse myself from the conversation before I would feel not so good and be down two workers I know I need.

My ears catch the murmurs of Gunna and Rick as I waltz, both of them agreeing on the fact that I would never tell them who the mystery woman is. I sigh a short one, continuing my journey through the large and decadent house. I spot Fazo, an apprentice of mine, on a long brown leather sectional couch with a female clinging to each of his midsized arms. He pays no attention to me as four manicured hands grab at the dark blue polo fit he wore. I shake my head because Fazo is young and vibrant but because of that, he wanted to stick his dick in just about everything. I was the same way when I was his age, a bit more naive though.

I wander father into the home, going down a dark set of spiraling stairs with black railing. Once I am inside of the lower level where a full open spaced kitchen greets me, I take a quick glance around. I watched on as four women carried out their jobs in making product. These women are the only people whom know how to make the certain strand of drug I preferred to sell. Aria, a red headed and blue eyed girl sat atop a stool in front of a long table. She is the mastermind behind production and exactly the person I needed to speak with. As I am making my way towards her though, a soft hand touches my shoulder.

"You got a minute?" Comes a light voice. I turn around, coming face to face with an opened eyed Phara.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"I was just wanting some alone time with you." She states while giving puppy eyes. I shake my head in annoyance with myself. Phara and her twin sister Candice have been a force for my plan. The duo had sharp minds, strong wits, and an eye for perfection. As young as they are, I couldn't risk myself being involved with them in a sexual way.

"You know I don't get down like that." I answer before turning away and rolling my eyes. Phara stops me again, this time with a much more firm hand.

"You never have time for me anymore." She says just above a whisper. "And you never come and sleep next to me like old times. You've changed on me."

"Changed? Are you even listening to yourself?" I say through gritted teeth. 3 of the working women behind us take notice of our conversation, still carrying out their duty. Aria peers at me, a scoff I couldn't hear but could see, coming out. "Your not even 18 yet. Chill out."

"Excuses, excuses. You know what I want from you Tru. We have a deal in place!" Phara expresses with emotion. Her eyebrows furrow with sadness, confusion embedded in her mind. I squint my own set of eyes at her, a look I used to let others know I was serious.

"Deal or not Phara, your not my woman nor will you ever be. I am keeping my side of deal up by not getting my ass locked up behind you. Your beautiful and young Phara but, I'm a grown ass man and don't need none of the shit your bringing to me now. Once your 18, I'll consider giving you a chance." The lies I told could have made it into the next drama movie. I knew my intentions with her were only to use her for the hands she carried. Her work with cutting down product and scaling product was next level, something I need. I notice Aria stand from her stool, her hips swaying as she walked near Phara and I carrying a large tote with kilos of cocaine. Her eyes glare at me, letting my mind know she needed me.

"We'll have our chance to talk... I want what is promised and owed to me TreDon." Phara says this last sentence with her lips inches away from mine. I discipline myself in the moment and try to refrain from choking her against the wall behind us. If I wasn't mistaken, what she had said sounded like a threat.

"When are you going to stop playing with that girl?" Aria snaps me out of a trance as I was watching Phara waltz away as if she hadn't said something that got under my skin. I clench my jaw.

"No, when is she going to stop playing with me?" I ask in return. Aria laughs, knowing the answer already.

"Eh, you can't make deals with younger women. They are a lot less controllable and you know this Tru."

"I can control her." I say firmly as Aria folds her arms across her chest. The tote of cocaine she previously carried now sat atop a long wooden table.

"Seems to me like you can't... I'm not doubting you but Phara isn't Candice. She's a bit more sneaky than her sister. Watch your back around her aight?" Aria's eyes fill with concern as she tosses her bone strait hair.

————-

"Yo' Tru." I turn around from gazing outside the cieling high window in the brown snake skin chair inside of my work office. The night had progressed on and the had now been replaced with a glowing full moon. It's always been a peace of mine when darkness came around. It fascinated me how someone could be so scared of the dark when it brings so much stillness and quiet? I'd sit right through a pitch black room if needed.

"What's going on?" I greet my brother once again after I had dropped him off at his own estate earlier. A navy blue tee, khaki cargo shorts, and navy blue low top forces cover his light skin frame in a comfortable manner. Ledo takes a seat in the matching brown leather chair across from my large desk that stretched out farther than normal. I make eye contact with him as he leans back and bends a leg at the knee.

"Yo," he throws the phrase over his shoulder, angling himself backwards at the office door. On instinct, I reach for the black shotgun I had built inside of the desk. The snap buckle around it seamlessly comes loose with a tiny pull. My shoulders slouch, eyes darting to Ledo. I didn't trust just anyone inside my lair and he knew that well enough to not tell me whom he had as a guest.

"I don't think you'll be needing that Junior." There was an older and much more baritone consisted voice that spoke out to me from the entrance of the door. Nobody was seen just yet but steps could definitely be heard. My blood starts to boil. The voice my ears were hearing along with the name said that I hadn't heard in years only meant one thing.

"Do I now? Who are you to tell me what I need?" I hop out of my seat, shotgun in hand at my left side. The desk chair flies backwards and knocks at the window with slight force. I walk slowly and steadily until I have reached the front of my desk, eyeing an unamused and unphased Ledo.

"I suggest you put that gun down like I said before I show you why you're even in the game to begin with." Comes a reply just as a figure emerges. As he stood there with peppered black and white hair, a matching goatee, and the smirk he always sported across his face, my father seems almost intimidating. The black suit he wore looked freshly tailored, a brown fur coat over his shoulder. I eye him closely as I notice the brown package in his hand. It looked worn down and like it had been taken through years of weather. I quietly drop the shot gun and as it lands on the floor, I prepare to finally speak to the man I waited years for.

"Hey there son," a smile creases the face of my father as he stares at me, not knowing what to do or what exactly to say. I can't help myself as tears pool in my eyes. There was this profound anger inside of me after hearing him speak again. I catch the glint of his right eye, finding genuineness. A hand absentmindedly covers my mouth as I lean to the side. My father's shoes take steps toward me as I take the same amount of steps backward.

"Fuck is you doin' here man?" My voice comes out deep. I just couldn't get over the fact that I was standing in front of the one man, the one man, that I thought wouldn't give up on me. The one man I didn't expect to be the same man that would return back to his sons after decades. I then remember all the nights and countless days I waited for him. All of the feelings I had tried locking away to become a stronger man came rushing back.

"I don't think that's the right way to greet the man that made you after all this time." My father becomes stern and stone faced. The authority his voice once scared me with doesn't cause the same effect anymore and I use it to my advantage. I see Ledo roll his eyes. He knew that there were things the two needed to talk about. Things the both of them would have to work together on. Ledo says a silent prayer to himself, hoping for the best out of the situation.

"Yeah, but the man that created me didn't exactly raise me." He pauses.

"I deserved that."

"And a hell of a lot more."

"Look son-"

"I ain't your son. That kid you wanted as your son died the day you fucking left me, Ledo, and Jay." I say through gritted teeth.

"I may not be the best with my decisions but you will respect me and not talk to me in that tone, Junior."

"I ain't ya' 'Junior' my name is Tru."

"It's whatever the hell I want call you."

"The fuck? " I feel myself getting hot all over. "What makes you think you got the right to talk to me like that? The man that raised me ain't ever talked to me like that."

"Son, you just don't know the story."

"What story?" A tear rolls down my cheek as my locked emotions become released. Everything I felt towards him came out before I could stop myself. "Huh? What fucking story? You talking about the story where a fucked up ass drug ring leader as a father takes off on his kids but still supplies the mother with drugs? Or maybe the story where the crack addicted mother cared more about getting a damn fix then feeding her 3 fucking sons who starved days at a time? Or maybe the story where a father neglected to provide the love, protection, and guidance to his kids? I personally don't give a fuck what story you have to tell, I've heard them all."

"..." My father is unmoved. He doesn't say anything but yet watches as the second tear on my face came running down. I wipe it away with the back of my hand.

I was overwhelmed to say the least... On the inside I felt like the same little boy who just wanted to be loved yet on the outside I am a man that is trying to protect that little boy. I did a lot for my family at a young age and a lot of sacrifices came with the decisions I chose to make. Being 14 and learning how to cook different drugs is never something I wanted to do. I couldn't fault the man next to my side though. Ledo worked a city job doing construction work most of the evening to help out a bit. We kept up with bills when things were rougher than normal, made sure food was in order and took care of ourselves and Jay the best that we could. Without a father one could just imagine what we had to see in order to mold us into men. Struggling slowly became a distant memory once Ledo took my hand into learning the game.

"I just want you to listen to me-"

"Not once, did you grace us with your presence after that day I watched you pack a bag and leave." I interject him. "Not once have I heard from you."

"I honestly did the best I could do son. I made sure to take my part before everything ran into shit. I wrote y'all letters nearly every damn day while I was in the pin," my father finally takes the package he had in his hand and flings it at me. Ledo finally sits up, leaning forward and clasping his hands together. I catch the large package and look at the labeling closely.

They were definitely letters.

"I wrote all of you. I sat and took the time to write something different each letter. I mailed them on the same day each week but I knew your mother would never let them grace your hands.I waited on replies from you 3, but they never came. After a year, I just stopped. I figured you guys wanted nothing to do with me. I care, I love, and most importantly I miss my sons. These streets is not where I wanted to be, it's where I was forced to be. Your mother and I had our faults, but that didn't mean our communication had to stop. Believe me when I say from the bottom of my heart that I apologize. When I see Jay-"

"I'm right here. You ain't gotta find me." Comes the voice of Jay as he enters my office, clad in a grey fleece Nike fit. His eyes we low and glossed, letting me know he had been smoking. The discussion between our father and I hadn't slipped his ears. I look around the room as after decades, the four of us were finally within the same vicinity. My stomach knots itself as I didn't know if the small reunion is for the good or bad. I hold the package of letters close, not daring to open them. Jay held the same package in his own hand, not opened or touched. Ledo stands now, revealing his package of letters as well, nontouched. We all look at each other, bathing in a moment we figured would never come.

"I'm so sorry boys," our father says again after the silence becomes too much for each of us. "I just want to be welcomed in like it's supposed to be."

"You're the only reason you got out." I quickly talk back. "And I don't think there's a damn doubt in my mind you'd leave us again."

"This is not all my fault." He stretches his arms out to the side. The soft brown fur coat reveals the golden Rolex on his right arm as it folds. "I am not the only sinner to this story. I don't point fingers but y'all should know I would never leave if there isn't a reason."

"It's always someone else fault." I squint my eyes. "You can't never just take accountability.

"That's what I'm here trying to do today. I want the chance to take accountability where I need to." My father say with pleading eyes.

"I just have a feeling that this is another one of your stunts. Mom always told me you were the victim playing type."

"Just listen to me goddammit," my father's voice booms. The trio of us stare at him, not moving a muscle. "Me and your mother have had our differences but, that woman owns my heart and soul."

"You never acted like it." Ledo speaks for the first time. He couldn't stand him talking about his mother while she wasn't there. "You literally cheated on her."

"Yes, and I admit that of course. Your mother has every right to act and move how she does around me. Our relationship was never perfect. I just feel as though she's done some more foul things over time. I'm not about to down play my faults but this is the real reality. Grab a seat and listen close cause I'm only telling this story once."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 149 33
"Nigga, you saw I was going to park out here but you stupid enough to steal it from me, take your car and pull over because this is my park bro," I s...
1.1K 380 39
❣️❤️😍Completed😍❤️❣️ I stood by the window early morning... And saw a sun coming out of it's nest and shining!! Suddenly my eyes fall on a beautiful...
25.9K 1K 47
As Twenty year Old Diamond Baker Enter A New World Of Work, Family, Friends, Adult Hood, And This Thing Called "Love". She Has To Manage To Keep Her...
904 4 34
A boy has moved to a new school changing his life and meeting someone amazing who is his comfort And best friend (girlfriend). Discovering a differen...