A Long Hunt

By Feelskilldthefangirl

Sam, Dean, and Castiel are trying to finish an extremely difficult hunt. During this time Dean and Cas are tr... More

Research Time
Hidden Love
Joy Riding
You Gotta Try The Pie
Bon Appetite
The Damn Hunt
Lets Talk About Heather
We need to talk
Let's Have a Little Fun
Surprise
Catch the King
The Screams of an Angel
Together Again
Damaged Wings
The Road to Recovery
Movie Time
Distress Call
What the Hell
Piercing the Skin
From Heaven to Hell
Wise Words from the Angel of Tricks
Back on the Road Again
Three Months Gone
Meaningful Reunions and Sparkling Love
Back In My Arms
Nightmare
The Gates of Hell
Last Night on Earth
Preparations
The King With Wings
Black as Night
You Evil Son of A Bitch
Gone Again
Black and Blood
Bring him Back
Lose the Black
Swan Song
Slow Recovery and a Gentle Hand
Forever in Your Arms
*Final A/N*

Interrupting Moose

4.7K 174 153
By Feelskilldthefangirl

Dean was almost asleep when he heard the motel door open.

Sam walked in saying "Look Dean, I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't- OH MY GOD!!!"

Dean sat up immediately.  He was staring at Sam butt ass naked, wide eyed and bright red next to his, also naked, angel lover.

Sam's face also appeared to be extremely red, understandably. In his hands he was and holding a pie and the keys to the Impala.

"I uh..... I'll..... I'm gonna..... wait out here." Sam gasped quickly rushing out of the motel room and shutting the door.

"Fuck!" Dean hissed. 

Castiel looked worried for Dean but didn't seem to give a shit that Sam just saw him naked.

The hunter quickly grabbed all his clothes and got dressed. Then he turned and helped Cas fix his trench coat which had somehow become inside out.

The hunter glanced nervously towards the door. Castiel pulled him close to give him a tight hug and kissed him deeply.

"It will all be okay Dean." Cas wispered with a small reassuring smile.

Dean gave his angel a grateful smile and kissed him again quickly before walking towards the door.

Cautiously he went to the door and peered outside.

Sam was sitting against the impala on the ground.  His hands were rubbing at his eyes probably trying to erase what he just saw.

"I.... uhh... Sam.... you come in now."

Sam jumped slightly when he heard Dean.  He looked up at his brother carefully.  The expression on his face showed that Dean had successfully scared him for life.

"Safely?" Sam finally croaked trying to crack a joke. "Cas isn't in there refusing to put on clothes or something right?"

Dean grinned back nervously. "Nah he has clothes on don't worry."

Sam slowly got up and picked up the pie he had bought. He handed it to Dean and said "I..uh... got this for you..."

Dean took the pie without saying anything. It was cherry. Dean's favorite.  It looked pretty damn amazing.

"Look man. I'm sor-" Sam started.

"Lets get inside we can talk about it in there." Dean said interrupting his brother. The reason he didn't let him finish was because one, it was going to be a super long-winded Sam speech and two, he wanted Cas to be there with him. It would make him feel much better.

Dean held the door open for Sam and let him walk past. Then he shut and locked it back up behind himself.

When he turned around he saw that Sam had sat down awkwardly on his own bed. He was glancing nervously over at Castiel who was seated across from him on Dean's bed.

"Hello Sam." The angel said slowly.

"Uh. Hey Cas." Sam muttered quickly not making eye contact with him.

Dean went into the kitchen and cut a piece of pie for each of them.

He brought the food to the others and sat down next to Cas as an awkward silence began.

Cas was watching Dean, Dean was watching Sam, and Sam... well he seemed determined to inspect every inch of the floor.

"Sooo..... What were you going to say to me Sam?" Dean asked when the silence was no longer tolerable.

Sam looked up at Dean slowly. The youngest Winchester took a deep breath. Dean was watching him with a mixture of anger from earlier and worry for the future.

"Look man... About earlier... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I should have approached you differently." Sam said stuttering softly. "I was over reacted. I was being a complete ass."

Castiel made a noise that sounded like he was agreeing about Sam him being and ass.

Sam looked at the angel fearfully. He knew that Cas could destroy him with the blink of an eye if he wanted to.

Dean sat in silence waiting for an explanation to come. Castiel snaked his hand over to touch the side of Dean's leg without Sam seeing.  He brushed his fingers gently back and fourth trying to comfort his lover.

Sam started talking again, tripping over his words as he spoke. "I was mostly just pissed that you guys didn't tell me..... I mean yeah it's kinda weird your into guys Dean but it doesn't bother me too much.... I don't know why I said all those things...I... I'm just really really really sorry Dean. I wish I could take it all back."

Dean sat watching the regret shine off of his brother. Sam truly ment what he was saying but the words from earlier still stung like an open wound.

Dean sighed and said "Its... its alright Sam."

His brother let out a huge breath of relief that his apology had been accepted.

Dean didn't fully forgive his brother yet but it was a start. Some of the things he had said were still totally uncalled for.

The eldest Winchester looked down at his pie and took a huge bite. It was fucking fantastic! Smooth and sweet the cherries were perfectly ripe. The crust was moist an flakey. Everything about the pie was absolutely awesome.

The others also began eating their pie as a sudden though hit Sam. "Oh! and uhhh... I don't care if we all still share a room or not... if mean if your not comfortable with that or....." He trailed off slowly.

Dean knew his brother too well and could tell he really didn't want Dean to stay in a separate room. He disliked sleeping without Dean, though Sam would never admit it. He would even be in there with both Cas and Dean so he could still be with his brother.

"Nah man. Its cool. We don't need to go though all that trouble." Dean said hoping he was making the right choice here.

"Just... maybe....warn me or something next time you guys are..... so I uhhh.... I don't want to walk in on you guys again."

Dean blushed but smirked and said "Pshhh thats not the first time something like that has happened Sammy."

Sam wanted to say that it had always been girls he walked in on his brother with but he wisely held his tounge. Then he thought back to past experiences and shuttered "I know..... I've seen you naked wayyyy to many times now Dean." Sam paused before adding slowly "Remember Natasha?"

Dean wrinkled his brow. There were so many women he had been with and he could only list half a dozen of them off the top of his head. Natasha was not one of them.

However, after a moment Dean's eyes widend and he started roaring with laughter. He remembered her now. Natasha Smith.  She was a pretty little brunette Dean had a two day fling with when he was 16.

She was the second person he had ever had sex with and Dean remembered that she had been pretty damn fun to do it with too. Sam had come home from the library late one night and found him in the middle of banging her on the bed Dean was sleeping in. It was the very first time Sam had found his bother having sex with someone.

The youngest Winchester had flipped the fuck out complaining about how much he didn't need nor want to see that, bitching about how gross it was. Dean clearly remembered saying to him "It's gross till you try it Sammy. It's a beautiful natural human act its super bad ass and feels fucking awesome!" He remembered Sam's disbelieving face and how it had changed to one of disgust when he started going into detail "The grinding and pulling, and her warm soft-" Sam had ran away from Dean screaming with his hands over his ears.

It was fucking hilarious!

"Ahhh..... I think you really did need therapy after that one Sammy." Dean said wiping a tear from his eye and grinning ear to ear.

"Yeah that was God awful. I think I STILL need therapy for that one I still remember it pretty damn clearly." Sam muttered rolling his eyes.

Dean snickered and stood up to go get more pie. He hoped the whole ordeal was over now. It had actually been fairly painless.

However, as he walked towards the kitchen Sam suddenly called to him and asked "Did.... Dad....how long have you been.... gay Dean?" The eldest Winchester stopped in his tracks. Fuck. He thought to himself why did Sam keep on insisting on opening this subject back up.

The hunter was suddenly not hungry any more and he left his plate on the counter. He walked back over to his bed and sat down next to Cas again.

"Dean?" Sam asked when his brother didn't respond.

Dean looked down at the floor.  "I'm not gay Sam... I'm.... I'm..... Bi. There's a bit of a difference there....." He mumbled.

Sam just stared at Dean awkwardly. "It means I dig both chicks and guys Sam." Dean said rolling his eyes. "Granted now I have Cas so.... I uh.. don't really notice chicks anymore....." The hunter stuttered.

He saw Castiel hiding a smug grin out of the corner of his eye. The angel had started sneakily stroking Dean's leg again.

"I know what it means Dean." Sam grumble flushing red. "I'm just trying to wrap my head around all this."

Dean just nodded uncomfortably.

"You're avoiding my question though. How long have you been.... bi?"

Dean groaned to himself. Does it fucking matter how long? He sighed but replied to his brother. "Well always I guess, but I really started paying attention to it when I turned 13."

Sam was quiet for a minute before he asked another question.

"Is Cas your uhh.... first boyfriend?"

How long is this shit gonna go on for? Dean asked himself. This was torture but he knew Sam would keep pestering him until he answered.

"Technically.... yes." Dean answered simply.

Sam raised his eyebrows at Dean but he didn't say anymore.

"And...... not technically?"

"Not technically...... no." Dean responded feeling Castiel's fingers push a little harder into Dean's leg in frustration and jealously.

"Well that clears it all up." Sam mumbled sounding irritated.

"None of them latest more than a week Sam." Dean said sharply. "We were on the road. So nothing long term."

Sam bit his lip. "How many?"

"Jesus Christ Sam." Dean was getting irritated now.

"Dean please." Sam begged.

"Why?" He asked getting angry now.

"Cause it's.... it's like there's this whole other side of you that I don't even know Dean. Kinda like a secret life." Sam retorted angrily.

"Maybe I kept you out of it for a reason Sam! You ever think of that?" Dean asked seriously.

The youngest Winchester was quiet. He never really thought about it like that.

"If you really must know there were three other guys Sam."

"Did dad ever..... cause earlier.....you said something... that...." Sam trailed off quietly.

There it was again. Sam brought up John again. It felt like a massive punch to the gut.

Dean looked at the wall. "Yeah he found out. I was fifteen."

"Was he mad?" Sam asked slowly.

"He was fucking pissed." Dean muttered.

"Dean? Did dad ever..... did he..... hurt you?" Sam asked wide eyed.

Dean remained silent. It confirmed his younger brothers question.

"Oh my God...." Sam muttered in shock and sorrow. "And you still.... Why did you... Did you.... were there anymore guys after that?"

"No. Cas is the first one since then. He was our dad Sam what the hell else could I do? He was going to take me away from you if I didn't....." Dean growled softly picturing the bastards face.

"I'm so sorry Dean."

"Are we done with the damn questions now Sam?" Dean asked trying to ignore this pitty shining from the little bastards puppy dog eyes.

"One more."

Dean groaned but waited for Sam to ask whatever the hell it was he wanted to know.

"Was that the only time dad did that to you?"

Dean sighed. The dreaded question "No."

Sam's breath caught in his throat. He couldn't believe that their dad had actually hurt Dean. He couldn't believe that Dean had kept this to himself for all these years. Why was he so devoted to the man when he was hurt by the one of the only parent figures in their life besides Bobby.

"Why-"

"Sam you said one more question. That was one. I'm done now." Dean said harshly interrupting his little brother.

Sam was disappointed but didn't push Dean any further.

Castiel suddenly spoke up after silently listening to this whole conversation. "Well that was fun."

Dean looked at and rolled his eyes smirking at the angel. Sam started laughing and the mood quickly began to lighten up.

"So uh.. you guys aren't angry at each other anymore don't you think we should get back to the case?" Cas asked as he placed his empty plate on the side table.

Sam and Dean glanced at each other. Cas was right. More people were going to die if they didn't stop the damn demons.

To be entirely honest they had both forgotten why the hell they were even in West Virginia in the first place.

"Oh yeah...." Dean mumbled glancing down at the floor.

Sam's face lit up instantly with a mixture of happiness and guilt.

"I actually was able to find something really useful while I was researching today." He muttered softly.

Sam stayed quiet for a moment.

"Are you gonna keep us waiting?" Dean asked raising his eyebrows.

The youngest Winchester looked sheepish as he began explaining. "After we interviewed Heather earlier I went back and looked at all the past attacks. I found out that each attack that happened five years ago happened 30 miles east of the current attacks."

Dean's eyes were wide and Castiel's jaw was slack.

"So... There is a pattern?" Cas asked.

"Yes there is." Sam said back.

"You kept quiet about this until now Sam?" Dean demanded.

"Well I was coming back here and tell you guys but I caught you two fucking each other instead!" Sam retorted sharply.  "So I apologize that I forgot."

Dean blushed slightly.

"Do you know where the next attack is going to be Sam?" Castiel asked.

Dean was surprised to see that the angel was actually blushing too now.

"Yeah.... the next one should be the very last attack for five more years." Sam said scratching his head. "If my maps were correct the attack should happen somewhere near an old, fairly busy trailer park about 20 minutes from here."

"Well awesome." Dean said. "But do we know when it will happen?"

"Tomorrow...." Sam stated flatly.

"Shit...." The eldest Winchester muttered.

"Exactly...." He replied.

"Well we better get out asses moving!" Dean said standing up.

Dean turned around and faced Castiel who had stuck out his arms to the eldest Winchester. Dean grasped his hands and helped him off the bed.

Sam looked away from them awkwardly as he also stood.

The three of them proceeded to grab things like holy water, weapons, Rubies knife, and salt.

A feeling of impending doom had settled in Dean's stomach the more he thought about it.  He couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to go horribly wrong tomorrow.

In the end he passed it off as just pre-fight jitters. Tomorrow they would finally get to kick some demon ass.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 437 26
A series of hunts that slowly push dean and Castiel together. I have read a lot of destiel fanfics and not a lot of them satisfy me so I will try and...
3.2K 126 19
Cover art by me IG: @dancing.with.the.devil.2023 Teacher!Dean Student!Cas highschool au Dean Winchester always wanted to teach high school english. E...
4.7K 227 26
Dean and Sam are new kids once agin, but this school is different from the rest. Instead of them hating it and never wanting to go back, they make ne...
663 96 8
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, cas is back at his parent's house for a wedding, and despite his best attempts to move on, seeing his childhood best friend dean for...