The HELP

By miszDanni

The rich caring for the poor. It's the tale of Marley and the misfortune and fortune that befalls her. And th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 13

84 3 9
By miszDanni

This daily schedule continued routinely. Klaus would make Marley toast in the morning. He would take her to work with him. Each day their conversations progressed. Klaus one night stayed up with her until she fell asleep. It was her first real sleep in weeks.

He liked her, she was fun but overall she was still so shy. He liked how cute and shy she could be. Marley liked his company and she was finally able to laugh.

She sat in his room while Klaus was teaching the children for their upcoming show. Marley sat in the chairs cleaning their gold goblets.

Klaus was directing the children. "Take your lady partner by her waist. Then one, two, three, one, two, three." The children couldn't quite get his view or his orders. They were toppling over each other.

Klaus glanced over at Marley sitting on the chair cleaning the sets cups. She was completely engulfed in what she was doing. Klaus held up his finger to the children.

"One moment." He hopped down from the stage and held out his hand to Marley. "Can you help me for a moment?"

She put down her rag and took his hand. Then asked, "Help with what?" When she realized he was taking her to the stage.

He shouted, "Children! Do as I do." He brought his hand to Marley's waist then took them off. He brought her hands to his neck and lifted her chin slightly. Watching, the young boys did the same to their lady partners. He then brought his hands back down to her waist.

"Copy me okay!" He shouted. "One, two, three. One, two, three." He danced with Marley pretending to focus on his teaching. He held onto her and smiled at her while she blushed. She looked down at her feet and he lifted her chin.

"Just follow my lead." She was holding onto his shoulders and he was leading her. "Remarkable dancer Marley."

"Are you making fun of me? I feel ridiculous I don't even know where to put my foot."

He laughed, "But you haven't stepped on my foot yet."

"Don't speak so soon." She said looking at her feet again. Klaus lifted her chin and stared at her. "Uh is that all?" Marley asked. His stare had become unsettling. She could feel the flurrying in her belly again. Klaus let go of her hand and let her leave the stage.

Marley had been feeling the flutters in her stomach whenever Klaus stared at her. She didn't like the feeling and refused to ask him about them. It was a uncomfortable feeling. She couldn't help but think that it was something that would lead her to a peaceful end.

She sat back down as Klaus snapped his hands to get the children's attention.

"You all did amazing! Now I'm going to play a few keys. While I play you dance." The children nodded grabbing onto their partners the way Klaus held Marley. She took one more glance at Klaus and returned her gaze to her work.

****

Marley was leaving with Klaus to his car. Tomorrow Maura would return and she wasn't sure if she could look at Miss Maura. Miss Maura was the kind of woman to look at you with sympathetic eyes. She did it all the time the very first day she had moved in.

Klaus interrupted Marley's thoughts, "It's going to rain soon. What do you suppose we do?"

Everyday after work Klaus would take Marley to her mother's grave. The first day she cried seeing it. The next time she only shed tears. She wasn't heaving like the first time.

"I think it's okay to see her for a quick minute. If that's okay."

"Yes it's okay." He parked in front of the cemetery. She left him in the car and walked over to her mother's grave.

"Hi. I have to be quick." She sniffled. "I want you to know that I am trying still. I am, I promise. I'm smiling more like you used to tell me too. Klaus the boy that took us in...he's been helping me. You were right. He's a good one. People do need to be given a chance. I'm trying momma." She looked up at the sky as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I have to get back before it rains badly. I love you and if you can hear this Momma, I miss you." She snickered and sniffled. She wiped her tears away with the sleeve of her shirt. "Bye Momma."

Klaus silently drove away letting the girl wipe her continuous spilling tears. She was such a beautiful girl and every time she cried Klaus felt something. He felt he had to find a way to make the tears go away. He wanted the crying to stop and he wanted to be the one to get rid of them.

****

When they came inside. Marley went to the couch. She was sitting with her knees up held by her hands. Klaus would've joined her but he was tired.

"I'm just going to take a nap."

"Okay..." She said. He left and Ellie came from outside.

"Oh hello." She smiled. Ellie normally would ignore her presence but the work place admired Marley. Everyone seemed to think Klaus and Marley were together. It was true they were always together. She didn't know if those rumors were true, her son wouldn't tell her anything.

If they were together, the girl would need a make over. She was the quiet sweet girl on set up. She needed her son to be dating the beautiful quiet sweet girl on set up.

Ellie sat beside Marley, "What do you say we have a little girl time?"

Marley was taken back by that. Ellie didn't really give her much choice. Ellie carried her up to her room. Then directed Marley to sit on her bed.

"Let's try make up?" She pulled a chair and placed her make up on the bed. She ran a thin pointed pencil just under her eyes. Then swabbed something on her eye lids. She used a wet like marker on her eye lid. Then ran smooth glossy lipstick on her lips.

As she brushed the fluffy brush on her cheeks she commented, "Now you are a beautiful girl."

"But I don't know if..."

"You have to see yourself darling. Klaus would think the same thing." Ellie was just trying to find out if the rumors were true. If the two had agreed to keep it a secret she would know the truth by Marley's expression. And after saying that she had her answer.

Marley stuttered, "No. I-I don't see Klaus in that way."

"I'm not stupid Marley." She shook her head. "You two are inseparable. His need to take care of you. You two are clearly smitt-" Her phone rang. She stopped and said, "I'll be back."

She was already out the room before Marley could reply. Marley felt crazy, had he liked her in that way? Is that why he was always taking care of her? All because he liked her?

A wheezing sound was heard in the hall. A name too, someone was being called.

"Ellie? Ellie? Ellie!"

He came in through the door. A confused man in his pajamas was standing in the room. Marley never seen this man before. Her heart raced in her chest and she could feel it pound in her throat. His confusion left and a more coveted expression took it's place.

"Mary! It's been what a few months?"

Marley shook her head, "I'm not Mary."

He continued to approach. He coughed into his hand and continued to get closer. His hand went behind his head and a choke of laughter erupted from his extremely frail looking body.

"We used to have some real fun. Do you remember?"

She shook her head no and repeated, "I'm not Mary. I don't know you."

He laughed, "You always was so spicy." He was standing in front of her. His bony fingers rubbed up the sleeve of her arm and she jumped. He touched her face. His hands were cold and made her shutter. The thoughts of what he might do were beginning to fill her frightened brain.

She screamed, "Help!"

He pushed her onto the bed. He was trying to climb on top of her. He turned his head letting out dry coughs. She shifted trying to fight him off.

She continued to scream, "Klaus help! Ellie! Somebody!"

He leaned into kiss her, "Ellie? Who is Ellie? Just kiss me." He hawked out into his hand and Marley fought him off. "Mary, you changed!" He shouted.

Klaus ran in through the door. He took the man by the arms and lead him into the hall way.

"That's not Mary. That's not Mary. It's not Mary. She's not for you okay?"

The man tried to fight him off, "Who the hell are you? Get off of me." He hawked out more and Klaus brought him into his room. He locked the door and ran back to the room. Marley was sitting up on the bed, her eyes protruding but they were also defined. The gray in her eyes swirled like the foggy skies. He knelt down to her eye level. She was staring at her shaking hands speechless. He held onto her hands trying to steady them.

"I'm sorry about him. I am so sorry." He dropped his head and it landed in her lap. She was surprised and as was he. He slowly lifted his head from her lap. At least she was blinking again he thought.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

She looked at Klaus her heart still pounding. Klaus was staring at the beautiful girl adorned in cosmetics. To his surprise, she grabbed him by the back of his neck forcing him into a hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 931 31
It's a thing to have a family... It's a thing to have a family that cares. It's something else to have a family that doesn't care. Charlotte is so u...
62.5K 2.6K 24
There he is. My true love, my soul mate, the one person I had trusted and allowed to enter the walls that I have built up to keep me from a heart bre...
7.5K 315 25
*Written mainly from Regina's POV.* When certain events in life occur, they have the power to write the next part of life. And everything that has ha...
39.8K 1.5K 23
Sick of a life she has no wish to live and still grieving the love she lost, Regina makes a run for it. Will a chance encounter with a merry thief ch...