The Seven and The Hidden Child

By emmajson

Book one of six in "The Seven" series (maybe) Currently updated according to schedule again. I have limited c... More

The Seven and The Hidden Child
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Illegals
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 8

1.5K 77 109
By emmajson

"Mate, what the hell was that?" Blaise asked rushing to catch up to Draco who was waiting in Borgin and Burke's.

"I-I don't know. She just always gets under my skin," He shuddered.

"Don't you think you took it a little far? I mean, she could press charges for you hurting her like that," Blaise reasoned with a skeptical look at their setting.

"She won't. It's Granger," Draco said flatly wandering over to the floo, "It'll just cause trouble and get her face plastered over the prophet. Speaking of her face, what happened to her?"

"Tan and hair charm?" Blaise asked.

"I doubt it," Draco shrugged stepping into the floo with Blaise, "Malfoy Manor!"

"Boys? What're you doing back so early?" Narcissa exclaimed as the blonde and Italian stepped out.

"Ran into some . . . schoolmates," Blaise answered with careful wording.

"He had a row with Hermione again, didn't he?" Narcissa asked with a knowing smirk. If anyone thought Draco got his famous smirk from his father, boy were they wrong. Narcissa could get you to spill the most private of information with a single twist of her lips.

"Yes. How'd you know?" Blaise asked, ignoring Draco's deep scowl.

"You see here," Narcissa said turning Draco's face towards Blaise, "His pupils have dilated and his eye color has lightened to a silver instead of darkening to almost black," she explained using Draco as a human diagram, "He's amused as well as frustrated. Not to mention the slight blush across the bridge if the nose right here."

"Mum!" Draco exclaimed swatting her hands away.

"Blaise? Draco? Have you found her?" Annise asked seeing them.

"Not yet mum," Blaise shook his head, "Just Granger and Weaslette. Turns out Granger has a brother and a muggle boyfriend."

"Has not her boyfriend," Draco defended crossing his arms and stepping out of reach of his mother.

"Someone jealous?" Narcissa teased with a smile.

"Of course not. I just pay attention," Draco scoffed.

"W-We'll just have to keep looking. School begins in two days so you can find her there, if she even goes to Hogwarts. What if she doesn't?" Annise exclaimed getting tears in her eyes.

"I'm sure she does mum. And if not, Draco and I will not rest until we find her. Every holiday we'll look in a different country," Blaise decided pounding the aide of his fist into his palm with a look of pure determination.

"Thanks for roping me into this," Draco rolled his eyes.

"No problem, mate. We all know you have nothing better to do," Blaise grinned clapping him on the back.

Draco shot him a look before sighing, "I'm exhausted. All that walking takes energy. I'll be in my room if you need something."

"Of course, darling," Narcissa replied, "Dinner will be ready at six. The Zabini's are staying with us for it."

"Yes! Nick's bringing over Marcus and Maddie," Annise added.

"Great. See you in a bit mum," Draco said placing a kiss on his mums cheek before rushing up the stairs with Blaise following. Neither boy was embarrassed to show affection for their mothers. They were proud to be the offsprings of such strong woman.

"Weaslette's gotten hot this summer," Blaise mused when they flopped back down on Draco's bed and looked up at the star charmed ceiling.

"Her hair was redder," Draco rolled his eyes.

"So? I'll have you know redheads are very attractive," Blaise defended, "But, blondes are better. Anyways, What d'you think about Granger?"

"Why? Hoping to score a date," Draco teased.

"No, that's disgusting," Blaise exclaimed.

"Bit overdramatic, don't you think," Draco laughed.

"Its just, it feels weird to think about going on a date with her. I mean, yes she definitely hot and all, but it just fells weird to think of her in a romantic way. She seems more like . . . a best friend or sister," Blaise explained. Truth be told, he couldn't explain why he didn't want to go out with Hermione. Just the thought felt wrong.

"Maybe she's Maya," Draco joked.

"I didn't see a ring," Blaise sighed, "Although I wouldn't mind if Granger was. She's strong, smart, independent, amazing really. She'd make a terrific sister."

"You're in over your head. Having Granger as a sister would be a nightmare. She's bossy, a bookworm, know-it-all, and downright snobbish," Draco grimaced.

"You're only focusing on her flaws," Blaise stated, "Try listing something good about her and you'll see that having her as a sister would be really great. That Hunter dude is really lucky."

"Fine. Granger as a sister," Draco grimaced at the thought, "I suppose she'd be caring . . . definitely protective and kind, she'd help you out in ant situation you would need. She's pretty intelligent I guess, so conversations would be entertaining."

"See, was that so hard?" Blaise laughed, "But I don't think you and her would get along as siblings. You're more of those bipolar best friends or an old married couple."

"Me and Granger? Blaise, be real," Draco groaned hiding his amusement that they had spent almost twenty minutes talking about the Gryffindor Princess.

"I am. You two would be great together. I can see it. You're both intelligent, witty, confident, but you'd do anything for the ones you love. Try again, the listing positive things, but think of her as your girlfriend!"

"Blaise," Draco groaned. Blaise slapped a pillow over his face.

"Fine!" Draco exclaimed cowering away from the pillow, "Fine. Me and Granger romantically. Gods, that's something I never thought I'd say. Um, I suppose nice one you get to know her . . . talking to her wouldn't be as ego destroying," Blaise snickered at this, "I suppose she's sort of attractive — "

"She is? The Draco Malfoy thinks Hermione Granger is attractive? Man, that's something I'd pay to hear. What makes you actually think that?" Blaise asked in a teasing way.

"I mean, she was fine and all before her tan and hair charming thing. Brown eyes and brown hair, but now she's pretty nice to just stare at. You didn't see, but when the light reflected right, you could see flecks of blue and green in her eyes. And the just shone with fire during that . . . disagreement we had. Her hair is gorgeous too —  wait why am I telling you all this? Blaise! Stop laughing!" Draco exclaimed.

Blaise, however, didn't listen. He was too busy rolling around the bed and falling off the floor laughing. It had been cute at first when Draco got a dreamy look in his eyes and was smiling, but once he had realized that he was spilling his heart to Blaise, Blaise lost it. He was doubled over in a ball and lying on the floor laughing. It was like a fangirl reading her favorite fanfiction for the hundredth time and still finding it overly-funny.

"Blaise, seriously! Its not that funny," Draco groaned, "Silencio!" He exclaimed giving up.

Blaise continued to break into silent oeals of giggles the rest of the night. Dinner was the worst. Especially Maddie and Marcus, twin fourteen year olds, brought up the Nightly Prophet.

"Mum you won't believe this!" Marcus exclaimed pulling the prophet out of his pocket after their dinner.

"What is it love?" Annise asked.

"Listen to this!" Marcus exclaimed as Maddie began reading the article.

Hermione Granger, Famous War Hero and One Third of The Golden Trio, Has Finally Decided To Shed Her Bookworm Looks!
By Romona Lockhart

Spotted today by a young reader in Diagon Alley was Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter's girlfriend and famous war hero, and three other acquaintances. Two males and a female. Our young reader was intrigued by what they Miss Weasley was doing with three unknown wizards and witch. Our reader followed them into a cafe.

Followed shortly by our readers entrance was the reveal of Draco Malfoy, former death eater, and Blaise Zabini. The two approached the table of Ginny and her friends. We have found out that the strange girl was in fact Hermione Granger. The two boys accompanying her and Ginny were Hunter Granger, Hermione's older brother by adoption, and Jack Fisher, a muggle who is friends with Hermione and Hunter.

We all know, and some love, how the face to face results of Hermione and Draco go. After a usual heated argument, the two Slytherins left the shop.

This leaves wonders for many. Why did Hermione change her appearance? She now has a beautiful olive skin, dazzling hazel eyes, and charming white teeth. The biggest surprise, however, was her hair. It reaches mid back when pulled up into a poiny tail leaving us to approximate the length to end around mid thigh. Her hair color has also changed from a toffee to a elegant darker brunette.

More on this story as it develops.

"More on this story as it develops," Maddie finished, flicking her dark curls away from her face.

"You failed to mention she looked different, boys," Narcissa smiled.

"Oh, dear Aunt Cissy, can you ever forgive us for not mentioning she had changed! Especially her eyes that are now a hazel that have blue and green flecks when the lighting is right and shine with fire when she's thinking of witty comebacks?" Blaise asked overdramatically.

Draco groaned and banged his head on the table a few times before letting his forehead rest against the cool oak wood, "Blaise, I hate you with every fiber of my being."

"And I love you with every fleck of blue and green in Granger's eyes," He grinned back.

"Bloody — "

"Now, Draco, do you really want to finish that sentence in front of your mother?" Lucius asked with a gleam of amusement in his eyes.

"Probably not, but I think I should risk it," Draco smirked raising his head again.

"Just like you'd risk describing Grangers appearance in great detail to your best mate, who you know will use it against you every chance he gets?" Blaise asked resting his chin in his hand and batting his eyelashes.

"I. Hate. You." Draco groaned hitting his head against the table again, "Never again am I letting you trick me."

"It'll happen again, and we know it," Blaise smirked leaning back in his seat in triumph.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 518 23
What happens when a set of twins is separated at birth by their mother. Now one lives with her while the other lives with his father. To make matter...
20.2K 378 38
When Hermione finds out she's a Zabini her life turns upside down, soon her past comes to haunt her and she's suddenly surrounded by secrets. What ha...
207K 7.5K 44
~ Year three ~ Warning: This is the third book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read...
271K 2.9K 19
Hermione granger has it all, or does she? Her boyfriend cheats, her friends forgot her so what does she do. She does what any sensible witch would ha...