The Original Witch

By lenaf327

"Always and forever." That's what her family lived by when they were human until forced to become the first v... More

Author's note
Prologue
PART 1-Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Ending of Part 1-Chapter 27
Part 2-Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Ending of Part 2-Chapter 46
Summary
Part 3-Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Author's note
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Authors note
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Voting for new story face claim (please vote!)
Face claim + cover
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
New Book Out!!
New cover, update, and a thank you
New Avengers book out

Chapter 37

3.7K 125 14
By lenaf327

I wake up with a start, almost feeling the pain from the dagger. My eyes glance over to the window noticing it is still dark outside. A sigh escapes my lips, knowing that I won't be able to fall back asleep in fear of having to see Niklaus' face so vividly again.

My body moves to stand up while grabbing my blanket from the end of the bed. I wrap the blanket around me, not needing the warmth but liking the feeling of security. 

My feet make no sound as I exit the dungeons and decide to walk around the castle. Curfew has started, but I stay in the shadows silently so I don't get caught.

An hour passes until I round the corner by the Gryffindor common room for the second time around since I have already lapped around the entire castle. Fred emerges from the painting, rubbing his tired eyes. 

He looks up when he hears my voice, "Can't sleep?"

Fred walks over to me with a sleepy smile on his face, hugging his large red knit sweater with an F on it. We walk over to the walk and slide down to sit, both of us tired.

He answers my earlier question, "Nope. What's got you up at this hour?"

"Reliving the lovely memory of Niklaus daggering me five hundred years ago."

Fred frowns at this, "I'm sorry you had to see that again."

My shoulders shrug since this isn't the first time I have relived this memory or any for that matter. "It is what it is. I was reminded that he's still out there, terrorizing the supernatural world  and killing innocent humans." 

"And now you are here where you know who is back and is probably wanting to hurt us all."

I pull my lips into a tight line, "Stuck between two evils, both deadly in their own way."

We stay quiet for a few minutes, both trapped in our own thoughts. I lean my head on his shoulder, "Hey Freddie?"

His voice is soft and calming as he asks, "Yes?"

"Do you think it's possible that someone that evil can change for the better?" My mind goes to Niklaus, wondering if there is maybe one thing that could change his ways. I know Elijah has exhausted all his ideas the past millennium. 

He lets out a sigh, knowing that the chance is rare. "I think you know who will never change his ways. It's a waiting game with him now to see his next move." I nod, agreeing with his perspective. "But your brother though, he has unlimited time to finally make things right with you and everyone else."

My eyes close, envisioning a life where our family was happy and free of any attempts to hurt one another. But as long as Father is out there hunting us down, Niklaus will always protect himself above all. I open my eyes, "Time and time again, Niklaus has hurt us all. I fear that not even that perfect someone for him could change him completely."

"You don't know that. Look at you...you never thought you would change or fall in love but here we are."

I look down at my lap when he says this, knowing that the love George and I hold for one another will never be more than the friendship we have. I am grateful to have him, but I feel a small hole in my heart that is in need of being filled. 

"Maybe there is hope for Niklaus to find love. I just hope I can find it again."

I feel Fred's eyes shift to look at me, "I think you will."

I finally pull my head up so my eyes can meet his. It is evident in his eyes that he cares about my happiness, something that warms my heart. "How can you be so sure? I was lucky that someone was able to overlook who I am and what I've done."

Fred gently places his hand on top of mine, "It wasn't luck. It would be impossible for others to not fall in love with you."

I peer down at his hand on my own and then slowly look into his eyes again, in search of something. 

It still amazes me how close we became after our heated conversations, constantly trying to put the other one down or just wanting nothing to do with each other. Somehow he went from not understanding a single aspect of me to knowing what the perfect thing to say to me when I am in need of some reassurance. 

Now I smile whenever I see him instead of glare and roll my eyes. I think of George in the back of my mind but I now realize that I think I've known for a couple of weeks now that our feelings weren't the same as they used to be. I've been so caught up in trying to make something right when it was never meant to be that I've overlooked other feelings. 

I break out of my thoughts when more people exit the common room, talking in rushed, worried voices. 

I stand up, breaking away from our close proximity, when I see McGonagall and Ron holding onto Harry's elbows. Harry is drenched in sweat with wide eyes as he says to us. Ron is the one to speak, "Harry had a vision of our dad getting hurt. We are heading to Dumbledore's office now."

Fred jumps up, asking a ton of questions, although Harry is still in shock to answer. McGonagall says to Fred, "Go get the rest of your siblings." 

Without a second thought, Fred takes my hand into his own to pull me towards the painting. He quickly mutters out the password before telling me to head to the girl's side to get Ginny. 

Before I go up, I yell out as quietly as I can, "Fred, which one is hers?"

Knowing he is already in the boy's corridor, I listen carefully to hear him say, "Third door on the right!"

I climb the numerous stairs and find Ginny's door, so I raise my hand to knock a few hard times. From inside, multiple voices grumble out, clearly displeased about being woken up. I hear someone shuffle over towards the door and open it slowly.

Someone who is not Ginny looks at me with a disgusted look on her face. She sneers out, "What do you want?"

I completely ignore her tone and reply, "Is Ginny here? It's an emergency."

A sleepy Ginny comes to the door, "Emily, who's there?" Finally Ginny spots me, "Alexia?"

"I'm afraid your father may be hurt, come with me now." She wastes no time and goes to grab her slippers before following me down the stairs to meet Fred and George. 

We hurriedly leave the common room and start making our way to Dumbledore's office. Ginny asks a billion questions about what happened, yet no one has the answers. She finally quiets down, so we all rush over in silence from then on.

Once we get to the staircase leading to his office, I come to a halt, making the three stop to look over their shoulders. They all peer at me with questioning looks on their faces, so I say, "I don't want to intrude. I feel like this is a family matter..."

The twins shake their head and both say, "Nonsense."

Ginny surprises us all by walking in front of me, "We all could use someone to be there for us and calm us down." She offers her hand and I take it softly, letting Ginny lead the way upstairs. Her grip is strong, and I can feel her body shaking with nerves.

All of the Weasleys have good hearts, so it is hard to see them like this. 

When we enter the office, Ron is already sitting in a chair while Harry is standing up talking to Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore. 

Ginny goes to sit next to Ron in the large chair, leaning her head against his in need of comfort. I follow Fred and George who stand behind the chair. 

Dumbledore speaks to a startled Harry, "In the dream, were you standing next to the victim or looking down at the scene?"

Harry looks confused, trying to think back to the dream. He glances around the room nervously before replying, "Neither. It was like..." Harry's voice breaks and wavers as he talks, something I have never seen before. "Professor, will you please just tell me whats happening?"

Harry's tone is desperate as he tries to ask the Headmaster to inform him of whats going on, especially with the absence of this throughout the year so far. 

Dumbledore rushes to a painting to tell him to find Arthur Weasley. Harry attempts to speak again, yet Dumbledore goes to another to tell the hospital to get ready for a gravely injured Arthur along with some visitors to see him once he is stabilized. 

Out of nowhere, Harry screams out aggressively with hurt in his tone, "Look at me!"

All of our eyes focus on Harry instead of Dumbledore getting word that Mr. Weasley will be alright. 

"What's happening to me?" He shakily asks, anxiously awaiting an answer.

Silence fills the room, and from behind me I hear more footsteps approach. Professor Snape walks in, his eyes glancing around the room trying to figure out what is going on. His monotone voices echoes inside the office, "You wish to see me, Headmaster?"

"Severus, I'm afraid we can't wait...not even until the morning." From now on, Professor Snape has to teach Harry Occlumency lessons. They discuss this and Snape leads Harry out of the room.

Dumbledore turns to the Weasley's, "I've prepared a portkey for you all. Come." Before I can even try to leave so the family has some privacy, the twins both grab onto my hands, pulling me up with them. 

We all circle around the portkey and grab on, suddenly in a vortex that has us spinning around. Someone screams to let go, so I do just that. Surprisingly, we all land on our feet in the hospital, right outside of Mr. Weasley's room. 

Who I assume to be Mrs. Weasley comes out of the room and opens her arms wide for her children to come hug her. They all circle around each other, and I can't help but smile at the exchange. This is what family is supposed to be like, this is what 'always and forever' was supposed to mean. 

She looks at me, "And who might you be?"

George is the first to speak, "Mum, this is Alexia."

Recognition fills her face when she hears my name, and I would blush if I could since that means they have talked about me. She opens her arms to me, "You're the one I've heard all about from these two," she says glancing at Fred and George. I step forward to hug her and she immediately wraps her arms warmly around me. She whispers in my ear, "Thank you for being there for them." 

I nod my head, "Of course."

We pull away and she looks at her children, "He's alright now, thanks to Harry. He's ready to see you." They anxiously push through the door, fighting to get in the room first. I chuckle when Ginny snakes her way around the three boys to walk in first. 

Mrs. Weasley stays behind and turns towards me again, "Are you coming, dear?"

"I think they should have some alone time. I will wait out here for a bit."

She nods her head at this and goes to walk in. Before she does, she looks at me, "They really care about you."

I smile at this, which Mrs. Weasley returns before walking in to be with her husband. 

Low-key really excited for the next chapters! I will have the next chapter up tomorrow :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104 10 21
She has lived for over a thousand years. She has seen progress from both the muggle and the wizarding world. She was betrayed, hurt and lost, shunned...
3.9K 79 18
My downfall wasn't quick, it was a slow descent, damning myself ever since those words fell out of my mouth. "Yes, My Lord" ________________________...
6.7K 115 12
The Battle of Hogwarts ended some years ago, Snape was buried, Dumbledore was honored and remembered, and Harry Potter, the boy who lived, is marked...
153K 4K 26
"สœแด‡'๊œฑ ษดแดแด›สœษชษดษข ส™แดœแด› แด›ส€แดแดœส™สŸแด‡." "แด›ส€แดแดœส™สŸแด‡, สแด‡๊œฑ." ๊œฑสœแด‡ ษดแดแด…แด…แด‡แด…. "ส™แดœแด› ษดแดแด› ษดแดแด›สœษชษดษข, ษดแดแด› ษดแดแด›สœษชษดษข." .ใƒปใ€‚.ใƒปใ‚œโœญใƒป.ใƒปโœซใƒปใ‚œใƒปใ€‚. What Draco Malfoy loathed more than Huffl...