Manan ff : Love Story of an I...

By a_cosmic_dust

This is a story about a girl and a boy both related to each other through some past instances. It's difficult... More

0. Character Sketch
1. Introduction Of Male Lead
2. Manik Malhotra
3. First Meet. Really?
4. First Talk. Maybe🤔🤔
5. Revelation, Hopes, Confusion
6. Jealousy. Return Of A Lover
7. New Bonds
8. Manik - The Bipolar Soul
9. Magical Moment
10. Memories, Bondings
11. A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed
Note
12. Feelings, Confession 2.0
13. Love Story Mein Twist
14. Glimpse of Past
Let's Talk
15. Heart Talks
16. Past. Promises
17. Someone Died
18. Nandu's Night out with...?
19. Manik bana PROFESSIONAL...?
20. Siblings Send-Offs
Note
Hello...
21. Morning talks
22. An Evening Well Spent
23. Smart Manik, Stupid Nandu.
24. Are you my right girl?
25. Cabir's unreachable.
26. Someone's here
27. Something is fishy!! 🤔🤔
28. The Final Letter
29. Manik's Little Stunt
30. Decisions
31. I want to bring back music in my life
32. Manik ko dho dalo Andolan
33. He confessed
34. I wouldn't ever dare to hurt you
35. Manik shocked, Navya rocked
36. I want to be a singer
Thank you
37. Family. Happiness.
38. She was overwhelmed
39. Are You Single?
40. Someone's At My Place
41. A Horror Night
42. Manan?
43. Music Plans
44. Anonymous Audio & Talks
45. The Unprofessional Sponsor?
46. Private discussions & Conditions
47. The Band Manager
48. Worried Manik
49. Concerned Mukti, Blushing Abhi
50. Emotional Attachments
Important
51. Breakfast with Family
New Cover
52. Losing Her Is Losing Myself
53. Talk Over A Drink
54. MukBhi's Confession
55. Mukbhi Continues
56. Meeting Family
57. I got my parents back
58. Pre - Concert Jitters
59. The Concert
60. Source for a Hope
61. MM is Back - II
Update
62. Determined Manik
New Book Alert
63. First Date
64. Answers
65. The Mystery Girl
66. Welcome to Family, Sunshine
67. Mukti's Parents
68. Happily Ever By Your Side
Epilogue
Last Note
Hello

61. MM is Back- I

7.2K 671 256
By a_cosmic_dust

Hello Fam. This chapter might be repeating or boring but I felt it's important. :)

Happy Reading...

Tears welled up in Manik's eyes seeing his name on the front page. Unknowingly this diary gave him a hope. He kept staring the first page for a while making another soul restless.

MM Pov

Hey, guys. I know you all have missed me but let me tell you a secret. While you all were busy focusing on that friend of Nandu's, she was telling me all that was happening in her life. Except for yesterday. I don't know what happened that she was crying continuously. Abhi is taking care of her while your hero just kidnapped me. I won't mind because I realized he is a nice guy and probably he loves Nandu which she doesn't have any idea about. Anyway, if he wants to know her secrets let it be. If he's hurting her, I will kill him. If he's making her agree to love him or something like that, I will make it clear to him, I am Nandu's first love. I don't know why he is staring at his name for this long. Don't tell me this hero of yours forgot his own name?

Pov Ends

Gathering courage, Manik started turning the pages.

A/N - The Day's are numerically mentioned but in actual imagine the Dates instead of the numbers. And Chapter names are for your reference. Any confusion, please do comment. 

Manik's Pov

Day-1 - (chapter -6)

Dear MM,

I never thought I would ever need you again. Today was the most unexpected day of my life. Abhimanyu asked me to join his company as there is some vacancy, and he would always be there around me. After going there I got to know that Abhimanyu works in Malhotra industries and the job that I was supposed to join is as a P.A to his boss. The boss is him, I met him, I met Manik. I was shocked to the core to find him there. He was never into business. As much as I know him, he wanted to become a singer. That's what everyone used to call him, rockstar. He had a smile on his face, but that hardly reached his eyes. Those eyes which I was in love with, have lost its spark. All these years I was happy because I thought he was happy in his life. But no. Music brings peace to him. And that peace reflects in his eyes. Music connected us. It always draws me towards him but he, he left it. I will bring back that music into your life again, Manik.

Manik: Why does it remind me of someone. How does this girl knows about me wanted to be a singer? Guess kiya hoga kya, maybe from school. I am the only band member from Fab5 that she knows.

MM: Dono ek hi type ke pagal hai. Nandu pyaar karti hai tujhse. Koi baat nahi, aage aage khud hi samajh aayega ise.

Day-2 - (Chapter - 12)

hey MM,

You know, how happy I am today? Yesterday, the person with whom I accidentally collided, turned out to be Cabir, one of my boss. When Abhi introduced me to him, I was totally scared and there he asked me to be his sister.

Then Manik. I went to his cabin with his coffee and he shouted at me. Not literally, but he was talking to me in a disinterested tone that I felt so bad.

I left from there and the next time I went to his cabin, he was all up with his over-excitement which I don't have any idea about. I actually thought him to be suffering from some bipolar disorder. I know it's stupid of me. We went to a meeting, which went ok as Manik was backing me up wherever required. The most important thing is he remembers. He remembers me. He knows me. He took me to our school. How stupid of him to think that I don't know him when every single person in our school does. He was literally introducing himself to me that he was my classmate. The best part was his confession. He asked me to be his friend. The confession which had so much purity in it by the end of which I had tears in my eyes. So finally, after all these years, we became friends. He took me to eat pani puri, in his words, his treat to celebrate our new friendship. You know how cute he is. He was upset with Cabir bhai because Cabir bhai always eats his pani puri. He is the CEO of his company and he was fighting for his pani puri. I just felt like pulling his cheeks.

Manik: Bipolar Disorder. Seriously, Nandu. But she remembers. She knows me. I am feeling so special. Pulling cheeks? Kar hi deti. Main mana karta kya? Kitna time waste kar diya ladki ne. Pehle bata deti, kabka propose karta. Anyways, let me read aur kya kya chupake rakha hai is diary mein.

MM: Apne hero ko samjhao, main Nandu ka first love hoon. Yeh khud ko itna importance na hi de toh behtar hoga.

Day - 3 - (Chapter - 14)

Hey MM,

Today I shared my past with Manik. After so many days, I touched that topic, their accident. I don't know why but I felt light after sharing this with him. He makes things simple. He promised to be there with me. He promised to protect me. He promised to listen to me patiently. I don't know what will happen next but his word is just sufficient. His assurance is itself making me feel blessed to have him.

He is the first person, after Abhi, who makes me smile unknowingly with his little efforts. I just wish I don't lose him.

Manik smiles widely reading it.

Manik: I am blessed to have you too, Nandu. I won't ever let you lose that smile.

MM: Better.

Day 4 - (Chapter - 17)

Hey MM,

I am damn excited today. I just can't believe what happened. Ok, so I have started reading my Sherlock Holmes yesterday. And the chapter where Sherlock dies was so heartbreaking. As always I was taking a break to mourn his death. Today I wanted to come home early to read further, but my beloved brother asked me to accompany him to a meeting. I was so angry. That idiot should understand that I would get bored. But no, he wasn't even allowing me to go by cab. Thanks to Manik, he offered me a lift. Otherwise, I would have killed Abhimanyu today.

We went to have an early dinner as Manik skipped his lunch. This guy can be careless when it comes to him. I don't know how he reads my mood so perfectly. I was snapping at him and he asked me the reason. He demanded but softly. His voice held an authority along with some concern, I guess. I told him but that's when I regretted. I was damn sure he would shout. He would scold me like Abhimanyu. But he surprised me by laughing.

But the best part was, he canceled his plan of taking me somewhere just to let me complete my 'Mourning over Sherlock's death' session, as he termed it. He made my interest as his priority. This was the best someone could do to me. He is special.

Manik: Damn, Murthy. Tum mujhe pagal kardogi kisi din. You have no idea how special you are to me. And this diary is already driving me crazy.

MM: Hadh hai. Meri wajah se itni information mil rahi hai ise, and he feels I am driving him crazy. Sadu kahi ka.

Day 5 - (Chapter - 20)

Hey MM,

It's been long since I have shared something with you. Manik has become a friend, in fact, a very good friend.

Yesterday, when he dropped his plan of going somewhere just for me to complete my book, made me fall for this guy a little more than usual. Today when I was sitting here all cursing Abhi for not letting me come to the airport, I don't know from where this guy came to know about this and he texted me to come to the airport tomorrow along with him.

Manik(chuckles): Tumhare bhai se hi pata chala.

MM: wahi toh. Bloody stalker. Bechari, meri Nandu kitni innocent hai.

After dad, I never thought anyone would understand my thoughts without me saying it aloud. But this guy is proving me wrong every day. After a long time, someone is reminding me of dad. I miss you, Papa. I miss you, Mumma.

Manik(muttered): This girl used to cry alone during nights and I didn't have any idea. I am sorry, Nandu. I would make sure you cry a little less remembering your parents. How badly I wish to bring them back for you.

He wipes off a tear and continues to read further. There were many things he doesn't know about Nandu and this diary came as a blessing for him.

MM: Hayee, yeh ladka ro raha hai. Kitna sweet hai ya. But mere jitna nahi. I am the best. Ro mat hero, abhi bahut padhna hai tujhe.

Day 6 - (Chapter - 21, 22)

Hey MM,

The day started off on a pretty bad note with Abhimanyu leaving for a project. Thanks to Manik, I at least could go to the airport. Later Manik took me to the beach.

The morning breeze, the sea, and the reflection of those few stars falling on the water was beautiful. But I think the next what I saw was the most beautiful thing I have ever come across during my entire existence. The Sun emerging from the sea. Staying in Mumbai all my life, I haven't seen the sunrise at a beach. I just felt like capturing it in my heart. The sun, the sea, the stars, and the person who cares for by your side. Life never felt this sorted.

Manik. His care is just so effortless. You might be thinking he's just talking casually but he'll make sure to know everything about you. It still amazes me how comfortable he makes me talk about my parents always. But he also never leaves a chance to tease me. Argh, I so hate him for that. He makes me speechless.

MM: Ab ye hawa mein udega.

We went to, in his words, 'Mumbai Darshan' in the evening. And I saw an adorable version of him. Who the hell gets excited about a kulfi? It's like, want to make Manik happy? Simple. Just get him some food, junk preferably, and tadaa. He will give you his most precious smile. Such a kid he can be at times.

The 'kid' version of Manik, the sea waves touching our feet occasionally, the few stars glittering hesitatingly, and the raindrops falling once in a while. This is the most serene thing I have ever experienced. Only if I could stay there for forever and ever.

Stars always remind me of dad. Today, I felt as if I am introducing him to my dad. He said I am his shining star. Is he even for real? He shines for others and he calls me the star. But however beautiful the name is, his logic behind giving me the name is worst.

Manik: Only if you know the real reason behind that name, Murthy, my star.

MM: Pata tha mujhe. Yeh aur iske multiple meaning words. Huh. Nandu ke samne bada sharif bankar ghumta hai. But it's ok. Star hi toh bola hai. Meri Nandu kisi shining star se kam nahi hai.

The moment was ruined by my lovely brother. His prank message. I saw the fear in his eyes when I tried to call back an unknown number. Strange, Abhi didn't say anything even after knowing, Manik is with me at that time. After talking to him, we started off for home.

The last words he uttered before leaving was "You are not born to be alone". Shock would be an understatement. I muttered these words in the morning. And he heard it. How could he even hear my inaudible thoughts?

MM: aap sab ko lag raha hoga, ye hero tumhara cute hai. But let me tell you, yeh ladka Nandu le thoughts ko bhi stalk karta hai.

I am blessed enough to have met him. It feels so good to know that someone, who's not your family, cares for you and worries for your safety.

Manik: Because that someone wants to become a part of your family.

MM: Agar isne mujhe apne family mein include nahi kiya na, I am damn sure, I will kill him.

Day 7 - (Chapter 23)

Hey MM,

Sorry, couldn't meet you yesterday. I was at Manik's place because that boy made himself unavailable making everyone worried. Reaching there, I found him shivering due to high temperature. I would be lying if I say, seeing him in that state didn't break my heart. I couldn't even think straight. Because it was me who insisted on staying a little longer even when it was drizzling. But how can the Manik Malhotra agree to it? And trust me, no one would believe he is sick if they see the way he was teasing me. It was as if he has a 'teasing fever' on.

He treats me as innocent, as fragile. I didn't know how to react. He said I am special to him. This boy always manages to mess up with my emotions.

Manik: Really? I never knew I had this effect on her.

MM: Isliye, main ise buddhu bulata hun.

We watched the match there. Unbelievable, he thinks girls don't watch cricket. The match was as always awesome. But, watching it with Manik is different. He was so confused and that looked hilarious on him. We talked a lot about the match and he insisted me to stay back as it was already late. When I was busy watching Mahi Bhai's lightning fast stumpings, he asked his driver to bring my spares and inform kaka. Can this boy be more perfect?

Manik: How could I forget the day when I realized you are my right girl, Nandini Murthy?

MM: bada jaldi pata chal gaya ise. Isse smart toh main hun. Pehle hi din pata chal gaya mujhe.

Today was normal. We went to the office. And Manik appointed himself as my personal driver even after my several protests. Like seriously, I can drive my own car. But it's good. We are able to interact more with each other other than office works.

Tomorrow is a long day. I have a party to attend. Why do they have to even invent a term called 'party'?

Manik(bursts out laughing): Nandini Murthy, you look cute every time you put that irritated face to show your hatred towards parties.

MM: arey, ise koi bola jaldi padhne. Udhar Nandu ro rahi hogi.

Day 8 - (Chapter 25, 26, 27)

Hey MM,

I was trying to think an excuse to escape the party when I realized my brother and Cabir Bhai were missing. We were trying to contact them but they are not reachable. And it's Manik, he emotionally blackmailed me to come to the party. I couldn't say no. I got ready and was reading a book when Manik came to my room. He called me an angel and I need to control my blushing. I don't even know when did I start blushing around him.

Manik: I made you blush. That's an achievement, Nandu.

MM: Even the sun can make her blush. Isme kaun si badi baat hai.

I haven't seen anyone more down to earth than Manik. Being a CEO of his company, he just behaves so casually when not in the office. The way he asked Kaka to call him just Manik, made me respect him more.

I met Madhyam in the party. He is Manik's friend and a funny guy. I never knew Manik plays basketball. At least there's some use of his height.

Manik: I never saw this naughty side of hers. Mere height se kya problem hai ise?

MM: Lo ji duniya walo. Samjao apne Eiffel Tower ko. Nandu ko pata nahi kya dikh gaya isme. Isne jab khade ho kar mujhe apne haath mein liye, I felt as if main suicide karne ochi building par chada hun.

The most annoying part. I met Harshad Saxena, who I have no idea about. But he knows my name and few things about me. I was already pissed off due to the dress and that person was talking nonsense about Manik. Did he really think, I would believe any random person and doubt Manik? I removed all my frustration on him making him all angry. But before he could do or say anything, I had my savior, my Manik, by my side. And I know I am safe. He lashed out at him. Great. I got another reason for not attending a party. I could use this the next time someone invites me to one. Happy Me.

Manik: This girl can't be serious. She hates parties so much.

MM: Of course, parties mein main jo nahi hota hun na. Now go, burn in jealousy, you Eiffel Tower.

We ended up in Juhu Beach. I love this place, especially during nights under the stars. Manik told me about Harshad. How he trapped Manik's previous PA and also how apprehensive Manik was to hire a new girl because they were interested in him more than the job. I am afraid how he would react when he comes to know about me.

Manik: Know about her? Itna bhi kya hai. Spy hai kya?

MM: I am not commenting about people who don't use their brains. Bada paap hota hai.

I am also excited about the hidden surprises my dear brother has in store for us. There's something surely going on.

Day - 9 - (Chapter - 28)

Hey MM,

A strange morning. Manik didn't turn up to the office at his usual time today. I called him back and his voice just increased my worries. Even after coming to office, he was off. And he left within minutes after canceling the meetings. I didn't even get a chance to talk.

It's 11.30 p.m now. This guy isn't even picking up my calls. Neither the calls of Cabir Bhai or Abhi. I think I should go check him once.

Manik: Raat ke 12 baje. She loves to put herself in trouble. Agar kuch ho jata toh.

MM: Well Mr. CEO, you didn't give her any choice. Aur kuch jo jata toh? Itni fikar karta hai toh call kyun nahi uthaya. Mr. India banne ka itna shauk chada hai kya?

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 14.2K 42
Manik Malhotra is the Captain of Elite High School's Basketball team. Tall height , an amazing sports car, late night parties are his things. Nandin...
389K 15.8K 50
TO LOVE AND TO BE LOVED It is easy to fall in love but only in the rarest occasion you can meet a partner who feels the same way about you. This sto...
278K 13K 38
A girl who was cute, bubbly happy go lucky in front of the world but only she knew in how much pain she was. A boy who had every thing in the worl...
327K 20.6K 105
Its a manan fanfiction. How a 15yr old boy found a new born baby and fell in love with her a first sight.