Taste of Love

By ShonaLover

#322 in Short Story 20/5/18 #258 on 22/5/18 #265 on 4/6/18 Vikram walked aimlessly.After missing out chance... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 15

1.6K 133 77
By ShonaLover

Sirisha bit her lips.Doctor frowned at both of them.Vicky had chewing gum in mouth.Sirisha glare at him.Doctor asked them again.fixing her glasses.

S-"He is not my husband Dr.He is father of my baby.

It would be better.We dont discuss my personal.Life.I request."

D-"But Sirisha I thought.Who is he then."

V-"Didnt you heard her.

Im father of my baby.Whose inside her.

Your job is to.Help her bring baby out.

Please carry your work."

Vicky gave a sarcastic smile.Doctor didnt like him.Much but Vicky was cool.Sirisha pinched him.Asking him to behave properly.The doctor called her on side.For check up.Vicky was looking around room.When he was called inside.He went confused.A small monitor was there.Sirisha was on bed.Doctor had something on her belly.Vicky stopped walking.His eyes caught his baby.In monitor and he was nervous.

S-"See your baby.

Happy now."

Sirisha rolled her eyes.Vicky smiled and he wanted to.Bring monitor at home.Stare at his baby.Whole day.Doctor had hard time.Sending him out.Sirisha was laughing.Closing her mouth with hands.Doctor asked her to wash.Taking her out.

D-"Sirisha baby is healthy.You are little weak.Hope you are eating well.

Im giving you some vitamins.Take them.Make sure to do proper exercise.

Its needed for birth of baby.So that it goes smooth."

S-"Okay doctor.I wanted to ask something.

Else too."

Sirisha eyed Vicky to go out.He wasnt getting her.He shrugged his shoulders.She hit her own head.Doctor gave understanding look.Her words made both of.Them jump in shock.In their seats.

D-"Dont worry.If you want to get intimate.You can.

But make sure.Not frequent.Have some control.Okay Mr."

Vicky laughed.Controlling himself.They were out of chamber.He helped her to walk.Till car.Fastened her seat belt.Inside car and he started again.Laughing hard.

S-"-Stop laughing.Idiot.You did same inside.

How embarrassing."

V-"What should I do.That lady is mad.

You should change doctor.She thought you.Were asking.If we can have."

S-"Shut up.Take me home.

Im hungry."

V-"Sirisha.I was also thinking.Same.

You know.if we could."

Vicky faked to shy.Scaring her.He held her hands.Touching them.Giving her shivers.He bit his lips.Getting closer to her.

S-"Stay away.

I will.Kick you."

V-"Mad woman.I was saying.

If we could.Stop at this new restaurant.Have lunch then.Go home.

What were you thinking.Adult thoughts."

Sirisha entered her 8 month of pregnancy.Days passed like that.Vicky or her didnt knew.They were getting closer.Getting to know more about.Each other with time.He completed nearly a month now.He understands her some extent.Their fights have reduced.Jwala Mama always kept eye on them.Harish could see ray of light.

Advay was helping Jwala to.Clean aquarium.Sirisha was watching tom and jerry.Eating chips.Vicky had can of beer.Giving company to Sirisha.Advay didnt like one bit.He was glaring at them.Jwala pushed him to work.He was smiling at his nephew.Sirisha and warded off evil eyes from them.

They heard someone at door.Naren came inside.With gifts and trays of sweets.Surprising Vicky and others.Advay went to Sirisha.Poisoning her ear.Vicky hugged his father tightly.Three of them were talking.Sirisha smiled at them.Remembering her father.harish ahs gone out for some days.For work.She was missing him.Naren came to her.She wanted to touch his feet.At which Vicky raised his brows.Naren stopped her.He gave her blessings.Took a seat.

V-"Dad you gave us surprise.Right Mama.

Could have informed us."

J-"Bava you missed us so much.Got sweets and gifts.

Love of father."

N-"Well these are not for you.Or my son.

These are for someone.Special."

V-"Who?"

N-"Sirisha.All these are for her.Special occassion.

She will be needing."

S-"Uncle what special occasion.I mean.

Its not my birthday."

N-"I know that.I had word with your father.He will be coming.

Over next week.We are arranging your.Seemantham ceremony(baby shower).So these are gifts from.My side.

Ritual where girl has to.Wear dress brought by.Father of baby's side."

Vicky looked at Jwala.Who was also surprised.Sirisha felt weird.She exchanged look with Vicky.Confused what to do.She knew about such functions.had no idea if she.Will also be part of it.She wanted to say no.If she is not married.How can they go for this event.Such events are kept so that baby.Gets blessing and love.From everyone.Here no one would acknowledge their decision.She doesnt want.More complications.

S-"Sorry Uncle I dont think.

We are doing all this.I will talk with Dad.Once he comes back."

N-"But why dear?Im not asking you for marriage.

Vicky do you have problem."

V-"Dad.She is right.Maybe.

I mean.This is unnecessary."

N-"Children think you know.Everything.Do you know what this.Ceremony means.

Jwala tell them."

J-"Me?How will I.Im still single.

Ok Bava.Vicky Sirisha.This function is kept.For expected mother.So that she gets blessing.From everyone.

Its important for baby too.Blessings mean alot."

V-"If its good for baby.We are going ahead.

Dad show me what.You got for baby.Nothing for me?"

S-"You dont know anything.Shut up.Uncle.I get you.

Understand my problem too.I know what this function means.Have you thought.

Who will bless my baby.When they will find me.Still single.No one wishes to.Bless good for.

Single mother.Without marriage.I dont want any drama.Let it be."

J-"She is right too.What will we tell them.

Vicky drop idea.Lets have sweets.Sirish akeep dress.As gift."

V-"Mama whats with you eating.Give break.

Sirisha stop acting stubborn.Didnt you see.My father came with hope.

I cant make him sad.Whats harm if.We keep function."

A-"Insult Sirisha again.By outsiders.That she is single mother.

Without marriage she got pregnant.Dont you have sense Vicky.Sirisha you took good decision."

Vicky caught his head.Rage building inside him.Jwala was behind him.Naren sat with dejected face.He thought he will be.Able to convince.

V-"Mama handle him.Else I will.

Do something.Gross."

S-"Advay stay out.Please.

I will handle."

V-"I have made decision.Its final.

Its for my baby.Come on.For our baby.Dont you want this.Being a mother."

Sirisha's eyes welled up.She held her belly.Walked to Vicky.Facing him.Advay followed her.Naren wasnt liking one bit.This guy was like shadow.To Sirisha.He sided Jwala.To talk about this.Vicky frowned his face.

S-"As mother how do I feel.Do you know.No.Vicky.

Who wouldnt want this day to come.For a girl it means most.After marriage.But.

I have been.Deprived of such things in life.So now.I dont want anyone.To raise fingers at my baby.

Im requesting you.You dont know.How people are."

V-"I will cut those fingers.If they dare.To say bad about my baby.

Thats a promise."

S-"We arent married Vicky.What do you expect.My family.

Your family to react.Blessing baby.When parents are not tied in.Bond fo marriage.

Ridiculous.It will be disgusting.Show off."

V-"Then who will tell them.About truth.We can lie.

Act as husband wife."

S-"Have lost it.

Its a no."

J-"Great idea.

Proved you are my nephew.Bava you go home.Begin with invitations."

Sirisha had to keep mum.Watching Jwala and Vicky dancing.Excited for next week.She was waiting for last hope.her father.

Harish have come back.A day was left for baby shower.Preparations were full swing.For big ceremony.Guests were invited.Sirisha was worried.For some reason.Vicky sensed that.At night he came to her room.it wasnt any more awkward for them.He stays here till late.Slept few days ago.On the couch.While talking.

V-"Hey not sleeping?Here have milk.

You skipped dinner."

S-"I dont want to have.Anything Vicky.

Leave me alone."

V-"Mood swings.Good.

I wont leave.Because my baby is.Starving."

She shut her eyes.Taking glass from him.Took some sips.Giving her forced smile.He giggled and sat on bed beside her.He held her hand.She was taken a back.He kept pillow.Making it comfortable for her.She looked in pain.

V-"Are you alright?Shall we call the doctor?"

S-"Im fine.its just pain.MOnth is nearing.

Tensed about.Whatever is going on."

V-"Have been such brave girl.Now losing courage.

Where is that Sirisha."

S-"I dont know.There are changes in me.

Motherhood does that.Its not easy Vicky.Why are we doing this.

When we know truth.About our relationship.Then why fake to world?"

V-"We are doing this for baby.Simple and clear.

Dont you want this."

S-"I feel suffocated.Want to go out."

He held her hand.Taking her out for walk.They could see everyone.Busy with arrangements.Harish and Jwala were working.Together.Naren was here for dinner.Both families mixed up well.Vicky and Sirisha were surprised.See their bonding.Their minds went to same thought.What if they also.Get together.All will be happy.

He made her sit on bench.Then sat on her side.Holding her hand.She looked uneasy.Held his hand tightly.He felt her nails.Digging in his skin.Others saw them.Left to give them privacy.It was almost late.Vicky was blabbering his usual stuff.

When he heard shriek from her.He went on his knees.In ground.Looking at her.With fear.She looked in pain.Clutching her belly.

V-"Sirisha are you ok.Let me get you some water.

Call Uncle.Wait."

She moved her head.Sideways.In pain and he was confused.She held his hand.Irritated with his gestures.He wasnt getting.What she wanted him to.Then she made him touch her belly.Within seconds he felt.Rush of emotions.On him and.He elt a hard kick.From inside her belly.Sirisha's eyes were wet.She burst out crying.Smiling at same time.she bit her lips.Baby kicked her for first time.She got to share moment.With him.

V-"This is real.Tell me.

Baby kicked.is it normal."

S-"Vicky you are.An idiot.

Am I joking.Ouww."

Baby kicked again.Giving her pain.He held her hand.Tightly and he kept his ear.On her belly.Feeling little one inside.He jumped up.Making her laugh.Everyone came out hearing his voice.As he danced shouting.Jumping with joy.he took Jwala and danced.Harish was tensed.Seeing his daughter in pain.

H-"Sirisha what happened.

Are you in pain."

A-"Uncle he must have.Told her something."

Vicky looked at Advay.Cringing face at him.But he ignored.Pulled him to dance.Advay was trying to.get away.Harish looked at Sirisha.Smiling.This was first time.He got to see her smile.From heart.Seeing Vicky and he noticed.Change he brought in her.

V-"I felt my baby's kick.First time.So anything.

You say.Joker spared.Today.Mama.Calls for celebration."

Sirisha looked at her belly.Tears of joy brimmed.In her eyes.More than her happiness.What made her.Feel content.Was way Vicky was expressing.His excitement.She shook her head.Watching him going mad.She hugged Harish.Who was also happy.Good days were ahead.They thought.

Same nitVicky tucked Sirisha on bed.Then bent down.To her belly.Placing light kiss there.She shivered at his touch.He didnt saw her.She clenched her fists.Trying to gain control.Her lips curved to smile.He was making cute faces.Talking with baby.

V-"good night.Sleep tight.

Dont disturb your.Mother by kicking.Hard.She is nice.Just bit.Mad."

He got up.Then looked back.Finding her eyes closed.thought she was asleep.He didnt knew.Why he had urge to do.Something which he did.He bend down to her face.She looked divine.With motherly glow.On face.He smiled.His finger moved hair.Falling on her forehead.He kissed her head.Not knowing reason.Felt weird.Left from her room.Sirisha opened her eyes.Smiling from inside.A new feeling arise in her.She yearned for his touch.More now.Fought with herself.He made her happy.

Vicky went back to his room.Disppointed.Watching Jwala asleep.He was inside covers.Felt restless to go back.To her room.He wanted to be with her.Fearing if she needs him.He didnt want to.Hinder herprivacy.It was her wish to.Live separately.But he didnt pay heeds.He left his room.Jwala opened one eye.Smiling at success of his plan.

He tiptoed inside her room.With a scared face.Saw her sleeping peacefully.With frown on face.She was uncomfortable.He helped her to move side.She was back to sleep.Held his hand.He went to other side of bed.He didnt knew when he.Went inside quilt.Hugging her from back.

.....................................................................................................................

Apologies for no updates for long.Im busy this month.So expect less updates.

Hope this brings smile on your face.If anyone has any problem with.This book please dont read.Im saying this again.This is just fictions.Not reality.

Thank you.Do not forget to vote and comment.

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.4K 45
Two hearts two souls and two pairs of eyes that shed their every tear for each other. 'JAI DEVARAJU' Humble and always respects others. Angry f...
22.5K 1.7K 61
Just a regular love story with a hint of royalty. Vikram Pratap Singh is the king of Udaigarh. Charming, intelligent and good with the ladies. All in...
4.4M 153K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
55.3K 3.8K 60
"Just leave me alone Vibha"Anand screamed , jerking her hands off his shoulder. "I know that I'm less important to you. I had enough of this shit"he...