The Boy in the Rain//Klance

By StrangeShipper

How ironic it would be that the first and last times I had seen him would be with him standing in the rain. F... More

1. First Rain
2. Keith
3. Lance
4. Keith
5. Lance
6. Keith
7. Lance
8. Keith
9. Lance
10. Keith
11. Lance
12. Keith
13. Lance
15. Lance
16. Keith
17. Lance
18. Keith
19. Lance
20. Keith
21. Lance
22. Keith
23. Lance
24. Keith
25. Lance
26. Keith
27. Lance
28. Yorak
29. Lance
30. Keith
31. Lance
32. Keith
33. Lance
34. Keith
35. Lance
36. Keith
37. Lance
38. Keith
39. Lance
40. Keith
41. Lance
42. Keith
43. Lance
44. Keith
45. Lance
46. Keith
47. Lance
48. Keith
49. Lance
50. Keith
51. Lance
52. Keith
53. Lance
54. Keith
55. Lance
56. Keith
57. Lance
58. Keith
59. Lance
60. Keith
61. Lance
Q&A!!!
62. Keith
63. Lance
64. Keith
65. Lance

14. Keith

2.4K 116 102
By StrangeShipper

I want to open up to him. We've kissed but we really don't know each other, I can tell he hides things from me. I still haven't even told him about my family.

I pick up my phone from my nightstand. I'm still lying in bed with my covers pulled over my bare chest. I text Lance.

KeithKogane: Do you want to come over today? You can meet my parents.

As I wait for his reply I get up and get dressed. I slide on a gray hoodie and blue jeans, I don't even bother putting on shoes. But- to keep my feet warm I put on fuzzy black socks.

I walk downstairs and into the dining room to see my dad, stepmom and Shiro sitting at the table. As I slide into my chair I see that today for breakfast we are having pancakes. I grin to myself and dig in.

"No good morning Keith? I feel you've completely forgotten your manners." I hear my stepmoms whiny voice try to start a conversation with me.

"Oh I haven't forgotten, I just don't have to put effort into hating you." I smile sweetly to my stepmother and she glares at me, "Keith, I know you still hate me for your mother leaving but I have raised you along side your sister and brother. I treat you all as equals I wish you'd appreciate that." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah sure Mom." I spit out the last word and keep eating my pancakes. I notice my stepmother furiously budging my father to do something. He rolls his eyes too and grunts at me half-heartedly, "Respect your mother." "Ha! If you could call her that!" I spit back at him. He just shrugs and continues reading the newspaper he's been so interested in this morning.

Shiro decided this is the time to intervene, "Keith. I understand you have bottled up emotions but taking it out on our mother is not the way-" I interrupt him, "She's not my mother. You can live in this fairytale world where you are the perfect son and dad is the perfect dad and that whore-" I hear a gasp from the whore, "is the perfect mother. Go ahead and believe it but I know the truth. So does Acxa. Mom should've taken us while she had the chance." I spit every word hoping to hurt each of them. I stand up from my chair and point at each of them. I hate them.

"Enough!" My dad stands up and his chair falls over behind him from the sudden movement. "Keith! I won't allow you to treat your mother and brother this way! I've let it slide multiple times, just excusing your attitude for hormones but now I see your true colors. You want to see your 'real' mother so bad? Then fine, you're  moving in with your mother. Acxa too!"

"What? This is crazy!" Acxa stands behind me, when did she come in? At first I think she's angry but she has the biggest grin on her face, "Keith! We get to see our mom!" I stare at my father. Doesn't he know this isn't a punishment? Or is it.... My step mother is dumbfounded. Her mouth is wide open, she must've not been told that my father still kept tabs on his ex wife. I want to laugh but I stay silent. Shiro continues to eat his pancakes.

"Where does mom even live?" I ask, still confused as to why we haven't seen her since we were children. "She lives in a dumpy apartment in New York. One of the many reasons I haven't let you two see her." My father explains to both Acxa and I.

"Well what are you waiting for? Go pack your bags! Steven will drive you to the airport in an hour." My father sits down and cuts a piece of pancake, "Pack heavy. You'll be there for a while." He chomps down on the pancake and I am filled with dread.

I stomp up the stairs to my bedroom to find my suitcase. Acxa is in my room giggling. "I'm so happy! We get to see Mom! I hardly even remember her! Keith this is a dream come true!" I nod absently as I pull my suitcase out from under my bed.

"Keith. What's wrong?" Acxa places a hand on my shoulder, "I just- I have some friends here. Some friends that I really like." Acxa nods as I fret to her about losing my friends. She lets go of me and on her way out of my room she says, "Don't worry, everything will turn out fine. You can still text your friends." I nod glumly to myself after she's left the room. Before I pack I pick up my phone.

LanceyLance: sure I'd love to come. We rlly need to talk about things

I reluctantly type the words that are making me feel sick to my stomach.

KeithKogane:Lance. My dad is making me move in with my mom. I don't know for how long but I'm getting on the plane today. I'm leaving in an hour. I'm sorry.

I pack my suitcase with my clothes, toothbrush, hair supplies, shower supplies, shoes and my wallet. The one good thing about having rich parents is you get a nice allowance. Good thing I save up.

The packing takes at least thirty minutes and I procrastinate as I wait for Lance to text back. He doesn't.

(2 Hours Until Boarding)

"Keith! Are you packed? Get downstairs with your suitcase! It's time to go!" I hear my father yell from downstairs and I hurry out of my room, suitcase in tow. I'm angry. Angry at my dad. Angry at my step mom. Angry at Shiro. Angry at Lance for not replying to me.

I stand in the doorway with Acxa, my dad, my stepmom and Shiro. My father walks up to me and I think he's going to hug me but instead he raises his hand. And slaps me.

The door slams shut on my face. I scowl and reach toward my cheek that is probably bright red. Acxa quickly cups my cheeks and scowls too. "That motherfucker-" "Children. It's time to go." Steven's calm voice cuts through Acxa's anger.

We pack our suitcases into the trunk of the Ford Explorer and then Acxa and I both sit inside behind Steven. I give one last glare to our tall and modern mansion before our car slips away.

I put in my earbuds in and the song on shuffle is, "Lose It" by Oh Wonder. I get upset because the song doesn't match my situation at all. I close my eyes and rest my head against my window. What have I gotten myself into?

(1 Hour Until Boarding)

We take our bags out of the trunk and Steven waved goodbye from the car. He leaves Acxa and I standing on the sidewalk with our suitcases. We both turn around simultaneously and head towards the huge airport.

I keep my head down and let Acxa lead the way. She's been to an airport before when she went on a "Mother-Daughter bonding trip" with our step mother. She hated it.

After we get through security and the bag checks there is only:

(30 Minutes Until Boarding)

I tap my foot as I sit with Acxa at the gate. I snack on gummy bears Acxa bought me and I keep turning on my phone to check if Lance has texted me.

Still nothing.

(10 Minutes Until Boarding)

I've finished my gummy bears and moved on to skittles. I keep wishing there were blue skittles in the original pack that I had bought. For some reason I've been loving the color blue lately. I know why. It's because of the blue boy. Lance. He keeps getting into my head. I don't know what's going on in his head though.

(5 Minutes Until Boarding)

I want to cry. I want to scream and shout (and let it all out~~) because I'm just so angry. I wish Lance would reply. I don't want to leave him. If I wanted to I could just stay here and never go home. But I'm also slightly curious about my mother. Father said she lives in a dumpy apartment. Life must not have been easy for her....

I keep thinking of Lance. How we aren't even close but I know we have something. We could have something if I'd give it a chance. I was ready. Today would be the day I opened up to Lance and let him open up to me. Of course, he had to be taken away from me before I could get any closer to him.

I feel like I'm just a pawn and so is Lance and we are being pushed against all odds to see how we'll turn out. Someone just doesn't want us to be together.

If the universe doesn't want us together that must mean something. Maybe it's for the best?

(Boarding Time)

A woman starts calling our seats on the plane and Acxa and I hear ours. I stand and walk with my head held high but my tears ready to pour. I'm about to step into the doors for the walkway to the plane when—————-

Hey. So uhhh. Cliffhanger. Hehehehehehehehe I'm sorry. I've been wanting to do a cliffhanger so here you go. Sorry if this is a little sloppy, it's late here and I'm exhausted from today. Thank you as always for reading and have a great day/night/morning/evening/Friday/winter/whatever you have :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 1.1K 32
[2019 pride month] i loved doing "klancemas with cal" so now i'm doin klancepride! small fluffy prompts for each day of the month(: i hope you enjoy...
3.7K 135 11
Book Two of: I'm Fine... Really! After Keith and Lance settled down and got married, their children went on their own adventures over time, Lacy, K...
90.3K 2.9K 22
Lance might've just made his biggest mistake. And it will haunt him forever. WARNING!! This story contains elements of suicidal actions, tnoughts, se...
74.5K 1.8K 9
The Galra captured Lance years ago. Voltron has finally found him, but they don't know it. How will they react? How will Keith react? Will he tell th...