What I Need... (GxG)

By koreanramyum

My boss stared at me predatorily from her desk, "I'm hungry. Bring me my lunch" I shivered underneath her he... More

Characters
First Impressions?
Ms.Parrish
Green Light
What Now?
A Night to Forget
You Should Be Here
First Position
Personal
Jealous
Down 4 You
Hold me by the heart
Good Life
Not Used To It
How That Taste
CRZY
Pretty Girl
Do You Dirty
While We Wait
Love Language
Playinwitme

Distraction

6K 171 53
By koreanramyum

(A/N I had no idea the picture was going to be so huge... Enjoy, tho ;))

I woke up multiple times during the duration of the flight. Everytime I began to get anxious or spooked by turbulence, Kehlani either sang to me or tried to distract me with stories about. However long I had been on the plan gave me time to learn so much more about Kehlani. She would never call her life tragic, just an experience she grew from. 

 My heart clenched hearing the story of how she lost both her parents so young. She has spent all her life in California, moving around to different cities in the state.  I moved to Cali from the east coast when I was 19 after a year of living on the street. The connection Kehlani and I had was undeniable  and it grew stronger every minute I spent with her.

 When woke up from a nap for the 14th time I was met with Kehlani's smiling face, "We're here Drew!" 

I tried peering out the window, but I wasn't able to tell where I was still. 

"And where is that exactly" 

She laughed, "You'll figure it out at dinner" 

She officially had my curiosity peaked, I loved guessing games. As drove to the restaurant, I threw random places at her.

"Florida?Jamaica? The Bahamas? Haiti? Umm what is another vacation place?Omg Kehlani tell meee!" 

I lied. I hate guessing games. 

I pouted and pleaded with Kehlani till the car finally stopped and she told me to cover my eyes. 

"You are going to be the death of me, Kehlani Parrish"

She laughed and placed her hand on the small of my back, "Calm down and patiently wait for your surprise, babe."

"I've waited for like a gajillion hours! If that isn't patient..." 

I felt myself being lowered into a chair. 

"You can open your eyes now"

I opened my eyes and began to adjust to the amount of light around me. I was quick to take in my surrounding. Wait. It couldn't be. I quickly picked up the menu in front of me. 

"Kehlani Ashley Parrish. Are we in fucking Greece?"

I would know Ελληνικά from anywhere. All through high School I was obsessed with Greek culture. It started with Greek mythology, but quickly became a love for the culture as a whole. Modern and ancient. I must have told Kehlani that and she fucking remembered. 

She smiled at me, "Surprise" 

I quickly went to her seat and gave her the biggest kiss  I whispered on her lips, "Thank you so much, Keh" 

"That look on your face was thanks enough." 

I flushed, " I lov-I loved this surprise" I caught myself. I wanted to say those three words so much, but maybe it was too soon.  

" I love... Greece too. So it's a treat for the both of us." She rubbed her neck and quickly looked away.

As if the waiter sensed the awkward moment, she came to our table to take our order.

I greeted her in Greek and she was surprised by my fluency in the language, "Wow! Μιλάτε τα ελληνικά τόσο καλά." 

"Σας ευχαριστούμε! Έχω συναρπαστεί πάντα μετον ελληνικό πολιτισμό."

"Είναι την πρώτη φορά σας εδώ?"

"Ναι και το αγαπώ μέχρι στιγμής!"

My conversation with our waiter went on for a bit. She was as interested in where I came from , as I was where she was. Our waiter's name was Athena. She has lived her whole life in Greece, but was hoping to go to University in America so was also fluent in English. I'll admit that so intrigued by our conversation, I completely ignored Kehlani. When I turned to her she was grinding her jaw.

When she made eye-contact with me she smiled at me grimly, "You think you could slip in your cute little conversation, that I'd like a new waiter." 

I apologized to Athena and frowned at Kehlani, "What why? Kehlani are you good?"

"I'm fine, Drew.Don't let me intrude" She pulled out her phone and ignored me.Usually a jealous Kehlani was sexy, but now it was just irritating. Why couldn't she just speak to me?

"Kehlani... do you st-"

"I'm going to step out. The car will be outside whenever you're done"

And with that, Kehlani walked out of the restaurant. 

When Kehlani walked out, Athena began to apologize profusely to me and after telling her that this had nothing to do with her and leaving her a tip, I ran out to catch up to Kehlani.

When I first walked out, I couldn't see Kehlani, not till I noticed her and another girl. Kehlani was standing extremely close to her with her arm over her head. The girl was smiling and blushing. She was gorgeous and she was not me. Kehlani played with her hair and bit her lip while making eye contact with her. 

I felt my eyes sting and the lump in my throat threaten my composure.  When Kehlani finaly noticed me,she looked at me with indifference, "You ready to go?"

I barely felt myself nod, but I saw Kehlani slip a piece of paper into the girls pocket before walking away and into the car.

I followed. Let myself go into autopilot. 

***

We drove to the hotel in complete silence. Kehlani remained on her phone the whole time. When we entered our, Kehlani quickly disappeared into the bedroom and I into the bathroom.

It was there that I let myself unravel. My hands shook and my breathing was staggered. I kept on thinking about Kehlani and that girl and how that girl looked nothing like me, she was everything I would never be. 

I guess my sobs got loud because I heard a knock on the dorm, "Drew, It's Kehlani. Open the door please."

I didn't answer and forced myself to be quiet.

"Drew, I'm so sorry please open the door" She sounded so worried, but I couldn't trust it anymore. She would never love me because I would never look like her. With fair skin and naturally silky hair.

"Go away", my voice sounded strange even to me

"You know I can't do that Drew... Drew, I love you. I can't leave you because I'm in love with you Drew"

I crawled to the door and leaned my head against it. I still couldn't bring myself to reply.

Kehlani's voice was desperate and pleading, "I love you, Drew. It kills me to know I'm the reason for your pain. Please let me in, I'll do anything" 

"But I'm not her" 

"You're not- Oh god Drew! Drew, you aren't her and that's why I love you. I'm in love with you and I fell in love with every part of you. Every part, okay? I don't give a damn about her. I did all that because I saw you and I was mad. It was dumb because I honestly can't imagine myself with anyone other than you anymore. She recognized me and was interested about a job with the company. I was going to ignore her till I saw you and I just wanted you to see it as more than that  because I was jealous.  But Drew, as fucked up as  it is, I only saw you. "

We were both crying on both sides of the door now. I wanted to reach out and hold her, but I couldn't.

"It's the other way around, Drew. I'm terrified that you'll find someone better for you . That matches you more and you'll leave me for them. Like that fucking waiter. I can't lose you , Drew so I do dumb things that raise my chances of losing you. You're perfect and everyone can see that except you. The way people look at you and how you brighten up a room when you walk in it. I'm so sorry. Please open the door, I'll do anything."

As dumb as what Kehlani did was, I understood. She self-sabotaged constantly and some would day it's dangerous to keep on playing with her. But she lit up my life. Deciding that this was a love worth fighting , crying, and trying for I opened the door.

 Kehlani's head was on the wall, with her eyes closed and tears streaming from her eyes. 

"Tell me you love me again", I whispered

Kehlani's eyes shot open. 

" I am fucking in love with you, Drew Sol Garcia"

"and I'm in love with you, Kehlani Ashley Parrish"

Kehlani wasted no time bring me to her chest and kissing me. 

"I'm going to do better. I swear I will"

 "We're going to do better, Kehlani"

 Exhausted from crying, I soon fell asleep in Kehlani's arms and barely felt as she carried me to the bed. When she got in beside me I snuggled into her and she wrapped her arms around me. 

"I love you Drew."

Barely conscious, "I love you Kehlani"

***

It feels like forever since I've updated!! BUT HERE YOU GOOO! Longer than the last 2 chapters. I'm finally on summer vacation and am SO FUCKING READY FOR PRIDE!!!

Thanks for reading!

Vote-Share-Comment ... or get  \_[@_@]_\(fought)

Love, Nat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.5K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
982K 37.1K 88
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
354K 17.2K 78
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
279K 9.1K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...