Dirty Money

By ThomasBerryman

In a corrupted world, whom can you trust? The family and the business is shrinking under the strain of the fa... More

Prologue - The Families
Chapter 1 - The Brenalli Crew
Chapter 2 - Mario
Chapter 3 - Retaliation
Chapter 4 - Willows
Chapter 5 - Harold
Chapter 6 - Progression
Chapter 7 - Crackdown
Chapter 8 - Alonzo
Chapter 9 - Celebrations
Chapter 10 - Chuck
Chapter 11 - Hiding
Chapter 12 - Discoveries
Chapter 13 - Donny
Chapter 14 - Business
Chapter 15 - Cherry
Chapter 17 - Philip
Chapter 18 - Rai
Chapter 19 - Gambling
Chapter 20 - Farewell
Chapter 21 - Rags
Chapter 22 - Expansion
Chapter 23 - John
Chapter 24 - Delivery
Chapter 25 - Thomas
Chapter 26 - Meetings
Chapter 27 - Homecoming
Chapter 28 - Massage
Chapter 29 - Blood
Chapter 30 - Michael
Chapter 31 - Property
Chapter 32 - Sammy
Chapter 33 - Information
Chapter 34 - Crumbling
Chapter 35 - Dirty Money - R.I.P

Chapter 16 - Pardon

1.7K 21 12
By ThomasBerryman

  Sin lay in bed with the sheet covering himself and Cherry.  The only light source came from one of the bedside lamps and Cherry traced her fingernails along his chest. They could still hear the television running outside in the lounge room, and guessed both Salvatore and Alonzo Junior had fallen asleep.

  “That night you asked me who the top dealers were,” Cherry said, burying her head into Sin’s side.

  He tilted his head down to look at her, “Yes?”

  “I told you Big Yellow,” she said.

  “So?”

  “Well that was the last night I ever saw him,” Cherry said, her body stiffened up as soon as she said it, as if bracing for something.

  Sin grabbed her arms and made her look him in the eyes, “What are you trying to say? That I had something to do with that? I had other shit going, plus it turned out he wasn’t the one we were looking for,” he said, defensively.

  “Okay,” Cherry smiled.

  “Okay?” Sin asked.

  “Yeah, okay. We will leave it at that,” Cherry kissed him on the cheek.

  Sin rested his head back on the pillow and closed his eyes.

  Banging on his bedroom door got him up again, “What?” he called.

  “It’s time to go,” Salvatore said.

  Sin looked at his alarm clock, “Fuck,” he jumped out of bed and began throwing clothes on.

  “What’s up?” Cherry asked.

  “Get dressed. I got to work on my business,” Sin said.

  “So are we going to do this again? Preferably not leaving me waiting so long before a visit again,” Cherry said, casually putting her clothes back on.

  “Yeah of course,” Sin said.

  Donny was greeted by two of his security guards at the front of Willows. The two both shook his hand and asked if he needed anything, Donny assured them everything was fine, and they were doing a good job.

  “Hey!” Peter called, as he walked from around the bar to greet the Irishman.

  “Old man,” Donny joked.

  Donny mocked drinking a drink so that the barmaid would start pouring him a beer.

  “Look who is back,” Sammy said, half heartedly as he walked down the stairs.

  Donny looked at the young soldier with a slight annoyance and the tension filled the room. Peter stood strong waiting for something to happen.

  “Drink?” Donny asked Samuele.

  “Sure,” Samuele said.

  The barmaid began pouring another beer.

  Donny sat down at the bar and began scanning the sport section of the newspaper. “Fuck these guys are getting useless,” Donny said, referring to his team losing again.

  Samuele and Peter sat either side of him and peered at the paper, “Three in a fucking row,” Peter said, as he ordered himself a drink.

  “What happened to the luck of the Irish?” Samuele joked.

  “I don’t know probably the same thing that gave me these bumps and bruises,” Donny said, fiercely. 

  Samuele shrugged, “That’s in the past now.”

   “I’ll try not to rely on you in the future,” Donny said, finishing his drink.

  “You know what? Fuck you,” Samuele said, standing up.

  “Fuck me? No fuck you!” Donny said, pointing a finger at Samuele, “You dirty little drug addict.”

  Peter got out of his chair, “Guys settle down,” he ordered.

  “Stay out of this old man. What do you mean drug addict?” Samuele asked, angrily.

  “Watch your fucking mouth, I been in this game a long time kid,” Peter said.

  “I found your stash when I was setting up your bed you weak fuck. I guess that is where you were while I was getting beaten to death,” Donny said.

  “I should have let him kill you,” Samuele glared. No one knew he was doing drugs and now everyone would. It was enough information to get him killed.

  “Boys sit down!” Peter said.

  The barmaid backed off to the other side of the bar.

  “Donny you sit down. I’m a fucking made man, you’re nothing but a washed up drunk with nothing in his stupid li-“

  Samuele’s outburst stopped as Donny smashed his glass over the young soldiers face. 

  Peter pulled out his gun; he was sixty, but he was still quick, “Donny, I fucking love you my friend, but that’s a made guy you just clocked, I suggest you get the fuck out of here.”

  Donny did not answer he headed straight to the front door to see the two front security waiting for orders. The Irishman sized them both up and settled on the biggest one, “You come with me.”

  Carlos looked himself up and down in the mirror; his black velour tracksuit, white sneakers, and gold watch certainly made him look the part. He was a stone cold gangster; after putting his gun between his pants, he combed his gray hair back and brushed some lint off his shoulder.

  He was older than Albert and Alonzo, and once upon a time they had looked up to him. When the opportunity came, it was Albert that stepped up and became boss of the family; Albert and Alonzo had rose through the ranks so quick it almost seemed like a movie.

  The tobacco shop owner however, promised his undying loyalty to his younger cousins. Under no circumstances would he betray the code of honor, especially his own blood.

  Today was the only time he had ever defied Albert, and Carlos was sure the don would forgive him. Albert had strictly informed the captain’s to hold off on the Koreans until Chuck was fertilizer. Carlos could not let go of Harold’s death. The old consigliere was like a father to him in the early days. They were certain Philip did the hit, but his time was coming; Salvatore and the other young ones were handling that, but Carlos wanted to send a message to the Korean’s; especially the two waiting at the house that whacked Benny’s boy Anthony.

  “You ready Vincent?” Carlos called out.

  The young associate walked inside the room holding a folded newspaper, “I’m ready skipper." 

  “Good boy, at least I can still fucking count on you.”

  Vincent drove Carlos to their first destination, Sin’s new carwash.

  Carlos entered the office followed by Vincent to see Alonzo Junior and Salvatore moving furniture around, whilst Sin was in a conversation on the phone.

  “Alonzo, I got a few jobs for you to do,” Carlos said, looking around the office.

  Alonzo Junior and Salvatore put down the filing cabinet they were moving to the corner.

  “But I’m suppose to be helping Sin today,” Alonzo Junior said.

  Carlos turned to look at Vincent and then back at Alonzo Junior, “What did you say?” Carlos asked, surprised.

  Sin ended his phone call, “It’s okay Carlos, Albert gave the okay.”

  “That’s nice. I’m a fucking captain! If I say I got shit for one of my workers to do, then they have to fucking do it punk!” Carlos shouted.

  Sin looked shocked, and Salvatore looked at the ground not knowing what to do. Vincent moved a little uneasy.

  “Sorry Carlos, you’re right,” Sin said, not breaking eye contact with the old captain. 

  “I’m always fucking right,” Carlos said, exiting with Alonzo Junior and Vincent following.

  Sin and Salvatore were left in awkward silence inside the office. The phone ringing gave the perfect distraction, for Sin not to deal with the son of the Captain that just made him put his tail between his legs. 

  “We’ve got to get to the safe house,” Sin said. 

Albert sat at on the balcony reading the paper with Alonzo. The two men were both in their tracksuits and drinking coffee, as the sun went down.

  “He’s here,” One of Alonzo’s soldiers said.

  Albert folded the paper in half and pushed it away as Donny along with his security guard stepped out onto the balcony.

  “Albert, Alonzo,” Donny said, greeting them quietly.

  Neither of the two Giuseppe’s answered the Irishman, but rather looked at him surprised. 

  “I’m sorry about what happened,” Donny said.

  “Sammy is a made guy,” Alonzo said.

  “What can I do?” Donny asked.

  “So is it true?” Albert asked.

  “Is what true?” Donny asked.

  “That Sammy is a junkie,” Albert said, angrily.

  Donny scratched wiped the sweat off his face as Sin and Salvatore arrived, along with Benny.

  “We’re just discussing todays events,” Alonzo said to them, as Benny asked what is going on.

  “I don’t fucking believe it,” Sin said.

  “You better start believing it,” Donny said.

  Donny’s security guard took a step in front of Donny protectively.

  “You see him take the drugs?” Albert asked.

  “I saw the drugs,” Donny said, nodding.

  Albert looked at Sin disappointedly, “Donny hit a made guy, and that is a big no, but I also have a zero tolerance for druggies.”

  “So what are we going to do uncle Al?” Salvatore asked.

  “He’s got to go,” Albert said, as he did Alonzo Senior smiled; he always hated Sammy.

  Sin bowed his head sadly, “He’s my best friend,” he looked at Salvatore for support, “Sammy has been a brother to us.”

  “Mario and Frank were brothers to us also,” Alonzo Junior reminded him.

  “Al please, we will sort him out. I swear it. I’ll have him running the car wash for me, and I’ll make sure he stays clean. If that fails, you have my word. I will take him out,” Sin said.

  “What do you think Benny?” Albert asked.

  “In our business, there are no second chances. This young crew we have here though have been one of the best we’ve had for years. They earn good and actually respect shit,” Benny said, as he lit a cigar.

  “Alonzo?” Albert asked.

  Alonzo Senior looked Albert straight in the eye, “Let the punk work at the car wash, and if he fucks up, heads will roll. I will make sure of it.”

  “Sin, you tell Sammy, that he’s going to forget any beef with Donny. He’s going to rehab also, and he’s out of Willow’s tomorrow,” Albert said.

  Everyone shook hands with Donny and the beef was squashed, “I’m going to get on back to Willow’s. Sin, let me know when we’re doing that thing.”

  The soldiers and associates left the management of the family on the balcony to be alone.

  “Drugs, that shit will fuck you up,” Benny said, shaking his head.

  “It’s already fucked the city,” Alonzo said.

  Albert sighed, “We got a meeting with Kim this week.”

  “Serious?” Benny asked Surprised.

  “Yeah, Alonzo reached out to him,” Albert said.

  “That’s going to be risky,” Benny said.

   “You me and Alonzo are going, and I want security to be tight. For all we know these fuckers are luring us in, but we have to go.”

  “What about Carlos?” Alonzo asked.

  “Vincent got a location on a couple of Chuck’s guys. Carlos and his boys are going to be taking care of them whilst we have our meeting. Carlos will call when it is done, hopefully Philip will be taken care of by then, and then we’ll have better negotiating power with Kim,” Albert said.

  Benny and Alonzo both smiled with approval.

  “Who’s up for a game of cards?” Benny asked.

  “This coffee did nothing for me, I’m going to go and get some shut eye,” Albert said.

  “I’m in,” Alonzo said. 

  “Sin and Salvatore will play,” Albert said.

  Albert passed Mike sleeping early outside his bedroom on the mattress and walked inside. He checked his phone that was charging and scrolled through until he found Tanya’s number; he missed her more than ever and had to hear her voice.

 The don talked to his love for over an hour; asking her about her day, informing her about Willow’s, asking how everyone was holding up.  

   When he was finished Albert put his gun on his bedside table and shifted his vest from the end of the bed to the table also. If anyone did manage to make it through everyone in the house, he would probably never put it on in time, but it made him feel safer as he lay in the darkness. 

A/N: Does Sammy deserve a second chance? What about Carlos's part? Next we will be taking a look at Chuck's world. New scenes, new characters, same city. Ready? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 66.9K 49
Fiction Awards Winner 2016 in General Fiction Category Book 1 of the New York Mafia Series: Summary: What happens when an innocent and kind hearted...
32K 540 26
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‚π‹π€ππƒπ„π’π“πˆππ„ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’: 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ βπ“π‘πžπ²'𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 οΏ½...
2.9M 54.7K 34
"It really is a shame that such a pretty face is about to get so fucked up." I say as I run my finger down his jawline. "Even more so that it was was...
1M 25.7K 25
Elena Russo has never lived a normal life like most. To her normal was having a constant bodyguard and not being able to indulge much on life at home...