Dead Clinger (Zombie Reverse...

By VLHemingway

Now a fully published book on Amazon. Download a fully edited copy here: Dead Clinger: A Zombie Reverse Hare... More

Day Zero - World Population 7.8 Billion
Day One - Dawn - World Population 5.4 Billion
Day One - Dusk - World Population 3.6 Billion
Day Two - Dawn - World Population 1.7 Billion
Day Two - World Population 9.9 Million
Day Two - World Population 8 Million
Day Three - World Population 5.5 Million
Day Three - World Population 4.9 Million
Day Three - World Population 4.7 Million
Day Three - World Population 4 Million
Day Three - World Population 3.9 Million
Day Three - World Population 3.8 Million
Day Four - World Population Unknown
Day Six - World Population Unknown
Day Six - A Time to Repent
Day Seven - The Rekoning
Day Seven - The Cure
Day Eight - A New Day
Day Eight - World Population 6.2 Hundred Thousand
Day Nine - World Population 5.8 Hundred Thousand

Day Five - World Population Unknown

3.5K 162 24
By VLHemingway

AGNES LEFAY

Strong arms surrounded me.  His hand stroking in leisurely circles on my lower stomach and a thick strong thigh slung over my leg, pinning me to the bed.  Now this was the way to wake up.

Soft lips caressed my neck, licking and nipping raising goose bumps across my skin.  His hand skirted up my stomach towards my chest and when his hand gripped the tender mound, he bit down on my earlobe making me moan throatily.  I was melting from the inside out as his strong hands took control of my body.

Rolling me on to my back, Blake settled his body between my legs propping himself up on to his arms and staring down at me with one black eye and one golden hazel.  A shudder of pleasure ran through me at the thought of having both Blake and Damian with me.

Raising my hand, I rested my palm against their cheek and stroked my thumb along their plump lip.  They nuzzled it, breathing out a sigh of contentment before leaning down and taking full possession of my lips.  On instinct, my hands tangled into their thick black hair and my legs gripped their hips- grinding my pelvis against theirs.

A hacking cough brought me out of my pleasurable dream and into the dim light of reality.  My body felt bereft and wound tight, aching from the missing men on my body.

The coughing persisted, drawing my attention to Blake laid beside me, he was curled on his side facing me, the hem of his t-shirt pulled up to his mouth, showcasing his impressive abs as he coughed in to the fabric.  It was no ordinary cough.  It was barking and wet, turning his face purple with the strain.  Panic gripped me.

Jack knifing to a sitting position, I leant over to the night stand and grabbed the tepid glass of water that Jay had brought me after putting me to bed.  Turning back to face Blake, I lifted my free hand to pull his away from his mouth so I could give him some water.  He complied but I was distraught to see the lowered fabric coated in blood.  A lump formed in my throat as I realised that the transformation timeline may not be as long as we thought.

Blake's watering eyes took in his stained shirt.  Widening at the sight, then flicking up to mine to gage my reaction.  Schooling my features, I pretended not to see the gory sight in front of me and continued the task of bringing the glass to his crimson coated lips.  Blake gulp the water greedily, coughing and spluttering in to the clear water in the glass, tinging it a light berry pink.

The coughing only eased when he slowed his gulping and began sipping instead.  Passing me the now empty glass, he laid his head back against the pillows and stared up at me.  A worrying rattle sounding with each laboured breath.

"I should check your stitches" I stated, worried that his coughing fit may have torn them loose.  But mainly to distract myself from the implications of the blood on his shirt.  He didn't move, he didn't agree but he also didn't protest so I took that as his permission.

Getting up onto my knees, I crawled to the top of the bed and sat back on my haunches by Blake's head.  Silently, Blake tilted his head into the pillows offering me his neck.  Wasting no time I peeled back the adhesive bandage, hyper aware of his gaze on me as I worked.

 Blake hissed when my chilled hands made contact with his burning skin.

"Sorry." I apologised as I rubbed my hands together trying warm them up through friction.

"It's fine."  He grumbled "It feels nice, I just wasn't expecting it."

"You have a bit of a fever, I'll get something to help when I have checked your neck."  He nodded urging for me to carry on.

Peeling the bandage the rest of the way, I was pleased to see the skin was still joined in a jagged puckered crescent.  The wound looked angry and swollen with thick deep blue veins radiating from the bite.  They were so dark that they almost looked black.  The veins pulsed underneath the skin like they were pumping sludge, giving me an indication that his blood was clotting at an alarming rate and I knew it wouldn't be long until one broke off and spread to his brain or his heart.  It may sound harsh, but I hope it does.  At least then he may be spared the transition.  We had no idea what laid ahead but I didn't think for one second that it was going to be painless.

Heat radiated from his skin and before I could think about what I was doing, I placed my icy hands on either side of the bite on his neck.  Imagining the skin sizzling as I touched it, amusing myself.  Blake released a sigh of pleasure, reminding me of my dream and making me blush- Well, if I could blush that is.

After a few minutes the silence became awkward, so much so that Blake felt the need to break it!  But in actuality made it all the more awkward.

"So, erm... Have your hands always been this cold or is it just because you're dead?"

I saw the instant look of regret that crossed his face the second he asked the question.  His eyes tightening and his head shaking as he replayed the question in his head.  Chastising himself.

A laugh burst free from me.  I couldn't help it.  The look on his face made him look like an awkward teenage boy hitting puberty.  I just knew the words "I can't believe I just said that!" were playing on a loop inside his head.

"You don't talk to many people do ya?" I laughed, his lips turning up at the side.

"Is it that obvious?"  The mood was lightening and the tension dispersing.

"Well to answer your question, both."  Blake looked at me quizzically as I continued to cool down his skin with my hands.  "I've always had cold hands, but since I kicked the bucket, they have turned into icebergs that could probably sink the Titanic."

His mood swiftly took a nose dive at my reminder of my death or lack there of.

"So, erm..."  I mimicked, using the same tone as he had.  "Have you always been a dick or is that just a recent development?"

Blake guffawed, breaking the tension once again.  The atmosphere seemed to revolve around his mood.  And with more swings then a professional baseball player, my head was beginning to spin.

"Thank you"  He said when his laughter had died down "For patching me up and for being so nice to me after I had been such a dick to you."  

"It was nothing."  I waved my hand dismissively at him.  I didn't take compliments well, they made me uncomfortable.

"It wasn't nothing, you must have worked on me for hours even though you knew it was-"  His voice trailed off, not being able to say the unspoken word we were both thinking.

Pointless.

We both knew my efforts were pointless, but the difference between him and me was that I had hope.  I wasn't religious, not by a long shot but I knew that even if you get dealt shit hand after shit hand like Blake and I had, the law averages state that eventually your luck would come in and I was hoping that this was going to be our lucky hand.  I refused to believe that the house always won.

"We don't know what will happen next-" He made to speak, but I placed a finger against his lips halting his words so I could finish.  "We have a good idea, but we don't know for sure.  What I did know for sure that is if I had done nothing, you definitely would have died."

It was only when I had finished my speech that we both realised that my finger was still on his lips.  His hand shot up and wrapped around my wrist.  I braced myself, ready for him to toss my hand aside and berate me as he usually did.  I prepared myself for the sting of his words.

But instead of ripping my hand away, he slowly pulled it back a few inches and placed a soft kiss against the tip of my finger before place my hand into my lap.  It didn't set my pulse raising but it also didn't hurt my feelings so I guess you could say that we have made progress.  And all it took was for me to save his life.

"Still, thank you."

His eyes grew weary and exhaustion tugged at the corners.  Our exchange had taken a lot out of him and I could tell he was weakening by the second.

"Let me get you some more water and something for your fever so you can rest some more."  He nodded meekly as I replaced his bandage and rose from the bed.  Too weak to fight me even if he wanted to.

En-route  to the kitchen, I padded through the living room, creasing with laughter as a startled Connor pounced from the sofa, wielding the television remote as a weapon.  What damage he was going to do with that, I had no idea.

"Chill, Chuck Norris"  I laughed at my own ginger joke.  What?!  It was funny.  "Put down the lethal weapon before you take an eye out."

"Hey! Mock all you want, but any item in the hands of Chuck Norris is a lethal weapon."  He threw a few karate punches and kicks but his feet became tangled up in his blanket that had fallen to floor, tumbling him back on to the sofa.

"Yeah, fucking lethal!" I chortled.

"I'll show you fucking lethal!"  I squealed as he shot to his feet and came bounding across the room at me.  I tried to make a break for it but he was too fast.  Scooping me up around the waist and spinning me, pressing my back against the wall before kissing the shit out of me.

His kiss was frenzied but playful as he swiped his tongue and nipped at my lips.  Growling as he took control.

I was both sad and grateful that the kiss was short.  I could have quite easily carried on but I had Blake waiting for me in the bedroom.

"How's he doing?"  Connor asked, losing some of that sparkle from his grey eyes.

"It's too early to tell." I tried to reassure, knowing full well that nothing other than a miraculous recovery would.  "But he's awake.  That's why I came out.  Where do you keep your Iburophen?"

"It's in the bathroom, I'll get it, you go get him some water."  He squeezed my ass as he kissed me before walking away to the bathroom.  I headed in to the kitchen, grabbing a clean glass from the cupboard and filling it with cool water.  While I waited for Connor to return with the pills, I grabbed a clean dish towel and soaked it under the faucet, ringing it out so it was damp rather than dripping.

Conner handed me the pills and I headed back into the bedroom with my care package.

Blake seemed to have nodded off but his eyes cracked open when I softly closed the door behind me.

He tried to shuffle up into a more seated position as I made my way over to the bed but the weakness in his muscles held him in place.

"Here, let me help you." I placed the glass and pills onto the nightstand and made to kneel on the edge of the bed ready to tuck my arms under his and winch him up.

"I'm fine!" He snapped, his breath coming out in wheezy pants.  But I wasn't fazed, it didn't have his usual bite and I knew he was too weak to fight me.

"Please-" I reasoned "It will help with your chest."  He thought about this for a moment before nodding his acceptance.

Moving forward, I threaded my arms under his, trying my best to wrap my arms around his back but the width of his chiselled chest made it almost an impossible task so I decided to hook my arms under his instead.  The only problem with that was it put his face right in the centre of my cleavage.  My skin prickled as his hot breath skirted the valley of my breasts.

Yanking him up a little harder than necessary, I propped him against the pillows and shuffled back as quickly as I could before I could make a fool out of myself and maul the guy.  Although, I was pleased to see that I wasn't the only one affected by the impressive tent under the sheets.

I averted my gaze not trusting my self and turned back to the night stand to grab the glass and pink pills.

"Here."  I held out the pills for him to take, but instead of holding out his hand, he opened his mouth.  I wasn't a hundred percent sure if he was fucking with me or if he was just that worn out.  Ah fuck it, I shrugged.  Taking the pills I held them between my thumb and forefinger, placing the pills in between his parted lips.  I gasped when they closed around them, his tongue flicking over the tips taking the pills.  Shocked, I looked up into Blake's dark eyes but was surprised to see a slight golden color shimmer  across them.  Showing me that Blake was in control but Damian wasn't too far away.

Pulling my hand away, I folded them in my lap, unsure of what to do next.  Handing him the water and placing the damp cloth over his forehead, I thought about what I should do over what I wanted to do.  I wanted to stay while he rested but I knew he wouldn't want that so I should go.  I know we have some kind of cease fire at the moment due to his gratitude over me saving his life, but I had no idea how long that would last and to be honest, I was still tired myself and I don't think I could handle the whiplash from one of his mood swings right now.  My mind made up I decided that I would slip out now and then come back once he was asleep.  The best of both worlds.

"I should go and let you get some rest."  I made a move to get off the bed but halted when he placed his hand on top of mine.  Looking down at our joined hands then up to his shimmering eyes, I saw worry written all over his face.  My heart cracked for him.

"Stay.  I don't want to be alone."  He was scared and it must be killing him to be this vulnerable, especially in front of me.

"Thank God!  I'm too tired to move."  I smiled gratefully, trying to make him feel like he was doing me a favour and easing some of his exposure.  It worked and his shoulders relaxed as I crawled under the covers beside him.  He was in the middle of the bed, which didn't leave much room for me but I made it work.  Even though it meant I was pretty much tucked into his side.  He didn't seem to mind so I relaxed into the pillows and tucked the comforter under my chin as I laid on my side, my eyes staring at his handsome profile as his eyes began closing.

"What were you dreaming about?"  His words startled me in the quiet room.

"Huh?" I looked up at him confused.

"Before my coughing fit- I was watching you sleep and you were dreaming."

"Oh, nothing.  I don't even remember."  I looked down so I wasn't lying directly to his face and to hide my embarrassment at being caught.

"You said my name- Actually you moaned my name."  I could tell he was smiling when he said that with the lilt in his voice.  I didn't have the courage to look up and check so kept my head down.

"Must have been a nightmare." I snarked.  This made him laugh.

"Whatever you say, Dead Girl."  His nickname for me didn't hold it's usually venom.  Every time he had said it before it had come out as an insult.  But this time it sounded more like a term of endearment- as if it was Connor calling me Red.  And I hated to admit that I liked it. 

I know I was setting myself up for a fall opening myself up to him, but I had a feeling he was worth the risk.  They were worth the risk because Blake and Damian were a package.

"Shut up and go to sleep or I'll send Chuck Norris in to kick your ass!" I threatened, smiling.

"Chuck Norris?"

I nodded towards the door, indicating that I was talking about the ginger ninja on the other side and Blake chortled.

"You know, you're pretty funny for a corpse."  He winced at his words but I wasn't sure if it was because of what he had just called me or because he had just reminded himself of what I was.  Either way it sucked.  He would never be able to see past what I was to get to know who I was and that kind of prejudice made me sad.

"Agnes, I'm sorry.  I didn't-"  I held up my hand cutting off his apology.

"Don't sweat it."  I brushed it off as it was nothing.

The room was quiet for a few moments and began to pull me under.  Turning to my other side and giving him my back, I curled up into a ball and begging for sleep to take me before I let the sadness take over me.

The bed shifted beside me and a big strong arm wrapped around my waist as Blake pulled me back against his body.

"I really am sorry."  He whispered in my ear from over my shoulder.

Unable to answer due to the lump in my throat, I pretended to be asleep as a lone fat tear ran down my face.  Thankfully Blake fell asleep quickly so I was able to wipe away the offending droplet of salty fluid.  Erasing the evidence of my hurt and falling into a fit full sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

985K 44.4K 27
1950s. ***Story contains mature scenes and Hindi phrases which are not translated in english*** Abhigyan Singh, a Sarpanch of the village named 'Tara...
3.6M 152K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
757K 77.8K 28
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
1.2M 29.4K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...