Eternity [Link x Reader]

By UnlikelyKing

You didn't choose this, you didn't want this. But it was a destiny decreed by the Gods. You were his soulmate... More

Disclaimer
0 || Sweetly Bitter
I || Another Night Ends
II || What Lies Beyond the Horizon
III || It's a Beautiful Life
IV || Your Bittersweet Voice
V || Running From Destiny
VI || Heartstrings
VII || This Time
VIII || Blackened Sky
VIX || Wandering Hearts
X || Take Care of Me
XI || Breaking Free
XII || Link's Resolve
XIII || Without Words
XIV || Heart Over Matter
XV || Endless Tears
XVI || Smile Today, Cry Tomorrow
XVII || Brand New Day
XVIII || A Smiling Sun
XIX || A Muddled Cloud
XX || A Summer's Sky
XXII || Desire
XXIII || Only the Stars Know
XXIV || Unravel
XXV || Someday
XXVI || Fire Meets Fate
XXVII || Betrayal of Time
XXVIII || Fall With Me, Part I
XXVIX || Fall With Me, Part II

XXI || Light

6.8K 270 70
By UnlikelyKing

Hi everyone! I'm soooo sorry for the slow update! D:

-bows a million times-

I never once forgot about this series! I swear I'll finish this story if it's the last thing I do!

I hope you enjoy it!

⋆✩✮✩ ━━━━━━✩✮✩⋆

【 P R E S E N T L Y

You didn't object as Link led you away from the edge of the cliff. In fact, you were the one holding tightly to his hand, almost as if you were afraid he'd vanish if you let go.

Your gaze was fixed straight ahead, unwavering orbs carefully taking in the relieved faces of your fellow guild-mates. Your lips were set into a tight line; your tongue pressed to the roof of your mouth. Your expression suggested that you were calm and collected. On the inside, however, you were experiencing a mess of emotions.

Confusion was your worst enemy.

How come it seemed like whenever you found yourself questioning yourself, your memories would surface and remind you of the tender sweetness that was once shared between you and Link? It was almost as if your mind- no, your heart was fighting against logic. It was an ongoing conflict, a clash between emotion and logic. Which part will reign victorious?

"Oh, [Y/N]!" Ashei immediately pulled you into a tight hug, causing you to release your hold on Link. You felt her thin arms tremble slightly against your frame. Then she tightened her hold, probably an attempt to quell her own panic. "I was so worried! I...!"

You parted your lips with a reassuring response on the tip of your tongue. However, before you got a chance to speak, Ashei quickly pulled back with a glare on her face.

"What were you thinking?! Don't you dare do something like that ever again!"

You blinked once, then twice. Then your lips began to tilt upwards into a small, sheepish smile.

"Sorry, sorry!"

Ashei scrunched her nose, displeased with your feeble attempt at an apology.

"Seriously! I'm honestly, really sorry!" You repeated, hoping you sounded as remorseful as you felt. "See... I have this horrible habit of sleepwalking..."

The black-haired girl looked taken aback by your explanation. Then she narrowed her eyes, giving you a suspicious look. You knew instantly she was unconvinced, even though it was the absolute truth.

Thankfully, you had Link on your side. The hero smoothly intervened, cutting it before Ashei could open her mouth in a retort.

"It sounds ridiculous but trust me; she's telling the truth." Link chuckled softly, peering down at you with a fondness in his eyes. "Do you know how many times she's almost accidentally walked to her death?"

You rudely jabbed your elbow into Link's ribcage. Then you pointedly ignored the painful (and a little high-pitched) yelp that emitted from his mouth.

"Shush."

A wide smile appeared across Link's face. He held a hand against his side, the pressure helping to alleviate the sting. Then he laughed, causing a small blush to creep up your cheeks.

"Aw, come on [Y/N]! Nothing to be ashamed of. I think it's cute."

Your blush darkened at hearing Link call you cute. Refusing to allow your mind to dwell on it, you quickly shook your head. Then you turned toward Link and, with a loud snort, recoiled, "who said I was ashamed of anything? If anyone should be ashamed, it should be your weak attempt to flirt with Telma!"

Link's face immediately became flush red. "H-Hey! Come on... She always flirts with me..."

You completely ignored his last remark.

"What was it that Sera said?" You mused while mock tapping your chin in thought. "'Link, you're surprisingly very innocent...'" You repeated while attempting to imitate Sera to the best of your abilities.

"You heard that?" Link's eyes widened in surprise.

"She's not exactly quiet."

"Yeah..." Link agreed with a defeated slump of his shoulders. "How did you manage to work with her all that time?"

As you recalled those times back in Ordon, a slight shiver crept up your spine. You quickly wrapped your arms around your frame. "You don't want to know what happens when Hanch upsets her... Or when her cat goes missing."

Just like that, the subject of your sleepwalking and near-death experience was dropped. As you and Link continued to exchange stories, you completely missed the amused looks exchanged between the members of the Adventurer's Guild.

Ashei heaved a sigh. She ultimately decided to give up on reprimanding you for your actions. Instead, she raised a hand and gestured at the guild to move on, leaving you and Link behind.

⋆✩✮✩ ━━━━━━✩✮✩⋆

Sometime later, you find yourself falling into step with Link.

"Hey," you called out softly, instantly earning his attention. Feeling awfully shy, you decide to keep your gaze fixed straight ahead rather than at him. Then in a small voice, you honestly spoke, "thanks for looking out for me."

You miss it, but Link's face started to grow warm in response. "You don't have to thank me. In fact, I should be thanking you."

"Huh?" You whipped your head towards him, your [e/c] eyes filled with confusion.

A dreamy look appeared across Link's face. Then from the bottom of his heart, he said, "[Y/N], you've always been by my side. You're always helping me out. Seriously? I don't even know where to begin to show how to pay you back for everything you've done... Or to even show you how much I appreciate you."

It didn't take long before everything clicked into place.

"You spoke to my father." You realized.

"... Yes." Link admitted with a slight waver in his voice. He stared at you expectedly, waiting for an explosive reaction.

"I see."

"Are you angry at me?"

You didn't know what you felt at that moment. This entire time, and by that, you meant the countless centuries you had lived through, you always dreaded having your secret come to light. You did everything in your power to prevent Link's reincarnations from discovering the truth. You had just assumed he'd be disgusted and reject you in some shape or form.

Yet, what you felt in that moment was nothing like what you had anticipated.

You weren't riddled with concern or panic. You weren't even angry.

What was this feeling...?

It was almost similar to what you had felt with Renado discovered your divinity. But this was to a stronger degree. You felt almost like a heavyweight had been lifted off your shoulders. Were you relieved?

You sighed deeply, almost as if you had been holding your breath this whole time. Then you suddenly stopped in your step, causing Link to halt as well.

"At what? For speaking with my father about something that was none of your business? Or for whatever happened in our past lives?"

Link's eyebrows shot up in surprise. He honestly wasn't sure where to even begin or how to even explain himself.

"I..." The hero hesitated, unsure of what to say.

He had to carefully choose the words that would have to follow. There were countless ways to approach this, and choosing wrong would inevitably spell disaster.

Link closed his eyes while inhaling deeply to settle his nerves. After a long second, he reopened his eyes. With an unfaltering gaze filled to the brim with the emotions he desperately wished to convey to you, Link calmly and firmly said, "I know there's a lot to talk about. You might not want to, but would you consider it, please?"

You looked back at him, sharp [e/c] eyes searching his face. You weren't quite sure what exactly you were looking for. A twitch, maybe? Hesitation? Fear?

You were looking for a sign of something- anything - that could be used as an excuse to avoid this talk. When you realized there was nothing but an unwavering gaze communicating to you Link's strong sense of loyalty and affection, you couldn't help but nod.

"It's a start."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 2.3K 25
✥ W h e n t h e r e i s l i f e , t h e r e i s d e a t h ✥ - UNDER EDITING - It was back then at the time of the Goddesses when she was b...
6.3K 287 45
Written in Blood . {After OoT/MM fic} Hyrule is on the brink of another bloody war when he returns, the hero that had slipped away to be forgotten by...
58.7K 1.8K 32
#1 for the tag Breath of the Wild #1 FOR LINK X READER BABY LETS GO! THANK YOU GUYS SO SO MUCH! Dear Journal, Impa told me that writing this after L...
16.1K 817 33
It's best not to mess with time. Zelda has been searching for Link for years after sending him off for his personal journey he never returned from. S...