The Chronicles of Narnia: The...

By Anna__Bonanno

It's been 10,000 years since the Last Battle occurred. A new era of Evil has befallen Narnia where a corrupt... More

Author's Note
Cast
Playlist
Chapter 1: What Started Out as a Typical Day...
Chapter 2: Five Bodies Fell from the Sky
Chapter 3: Explanations and Chases
Chapter 4: Moving Forward in Hard Times
Chapter 6: Unexpected Love
Chapter 7: Princess Ariana Bell and The Phoenix
Chapter 8: Training and Traveling
Chapter 9: Reunited
Chapter 10: Planning
Chapter 11: A King and a Princess
Chapter 12: The First Battle
Chapter 13: The Chase
Chapter 14: Taken
Chapter 15: Eliza's Return
Chapter 16: The Kings and Queens of Old
Chapter 17: Silence
Chapter 18: The Sparkling Lady
Chapter 19: Losing Hope
Chapter 20: The Return of the Kings (and Queens)
Chapter 21: Rise
Chapter 22: The Escape
Chapter 23: The White Stag
Chapter 24: Aethereal Madness and Venenatio Rubra
Chapter 25: Don't Let Go
Chapter 26: Awake
Chapter 27: Penny For Your Thoughts?
Chapter 28: Just a Girl and a Boy
Chapter 29: The Toll
Chapter 30: Anna's Choice
Chapter 31: Adam's Master Plan
Chapter 32: The War to End All Wars
Chapter 33: The Phoenix Rises
Chapter 34: The Victory
Chapter 35: The Old Take Action
Chapter 36: Where to Next?
Chapter 37: The Walk and Talk
Chapter 38: The Kings and Queens of New
Chapter 39: A Royal Ball
Chapter 40: Soulmates
Chapter 41: Leaving Narnia in the Best Hands
Chapter 42: Checks and Balances
Chapter 43: New Limitations
Chapter 44: Zoran's Fear
Chapter 45: The Proposal
Chapter 46: Lessons and Politics
Chapter 47: Clones
Chapter 48: A Cake Tasting
Chapter 49: The Return
Chapter 50: A Drop of Rain
Author's Note

Chapter 5: The Valiant and The Just

63 2 1
By Anna__Bonanno

Anna's POV

I was in darkness. I tried to move but couldn't. I couldn't see or hear anything either. It was just plain darkness. I thought back to what was the last thing that had happened, the last thing I remember was riding through the woods, then... Oh shit. I'm dead, aren't I? Fuck! Wait no, I can't be. If I'm dead then I wouldn't be able to think, right? Purgatory? No. I would be a ghost. So then where am I? What is going on? Then I heard a soft voice.

"Anna... Anna..." something was calling to me. I tried to reply but for some reason, I couldn't. I still was unable to move or see. All of a sudden there was great white light. I'm too young to go to heaven! I've got so much left to do! Stay away from the light! Stay away... were my first thoughts but the light kept coming closer and closer and then...

I gasped and then coughed up some water. I could breathe, move, hear, and see again. I patted my body and face to make sure I was actually alive and not some sort of ghost. I had never been so happy in my life. I took a few huge breaths in and out. Then I looked around me to see where I was. I was lying down on a shore and there was a river to my left. My clothes and hair were soaked. I sat up so I could see what was around me better. The first thing I saw was a girl, who looked to be around my age, sitting on a rock. She had brown hair, light skin, and big bright blue eyes. I was about to back up and look for a weapon, but she was smiling and waving at me.

"Hello, Anna. I'm glad that trick worked otherwise you'd be actually dead. And that would have been really really bad," said the mysterious girl as she got up and walked towards me.

"Uh... who are you? What trick? What do you mean dead? Where's Zoran and the others? What's going on? Actually no, first answer how you know my name," I rapidly asked her these questions

She laughed "I guessed you might have a lot of questions. Let's start with the easy one. Hi, I'm Lucy,"

"Lucy? As in Lucy Pevensie?" I asked bewildered. I was stunned because I didn't think she was real. But I guess it makes sense since Narnia is real and all. I shouldn't be surprised at anything at this point, I thought as I tilted my head in confusion.

"The one and only," she said with a grin. "But before you ask, yes I am dead. You aren't but I am. It's like I'm a spirit or something. Aslan has yet to give it a name. He's not one for naming things or being perfectly clear," she shrugged.

"Ok but--" I was cut off by her giving me a 'be quiet look'. So I folded my arms and looked at her. She gestured for me to sit on a nearby rock, I took a seat and nodded for her to continue.

"Now I'm going to explain some things and you are going to sit there and listen. That means no questions in between. Otherwise, this will take forever and we don't have that. Are we clear?"

"Sure,"

"So I don't know how much you know. But I'll just start at the beginning. So there's a war going on. The rightful leader, Princess Ariana Bell has been kicked out and overthrown by her older brother, Prince Adam Bell. He's done some pretty bad stuff. It's gotten a lot worse than we thought it would which is why Ariana needs help. That's why you are here. You see there's this thing called The Connection. The four King and Queens of Old all have a connection to the new generation. The Children of New is what we're calling you all at the moment. Each of us handpicked a person we see ourselves in. We could've picked anyone on earth and I picked you. Basically, that means you're the 'new me'. Which is why I'm here talking to you. Plus, I just couldn't let you die. And umm... Yeah... that's pretty much it. In summary, you're here answering Ariana's call for help," She looked over her shoulder, "I sure do miss this place," she said with a sad smile.

"What do you mean?" I asked even though I had a bunch of other questions that I wanted to ask first.

"I live in Aslan's kingdom. It's different from Narnia. There I watched you through this viewing glass. It's how I knew to come here. I mean don't get me wrong, it's great up there. But I haven't been here in years. So it's nice to get to come back, even if it's only for a few moments,"

"So it was your voice that I heard before the white light,"

"No? I didn't say anything to you until after you woke up. That must've been Aslan or something,"

"Oh... okay. So I have a couple of questions. How did you bring me... and my horse Eliza," I had only just noticed Eliza was fine too and drinking water from the river "back to life? Where is everyone? Where do I go and do you have a towel?" I asked her while shivering. I was freezing and the wind was not helping at all.

"I have no idea where the rest of your group is or went. It's been a day and a half since you fell, I think. So I can't help you there. As for how did you get healed, well that I do know. My gift from Father Christmas was a dagger and this healing draught. It is very powerful and I used it on you and Eliza. However, I didn't think it would work on you since you were technically dead. As in you have no pulse and weren't breathing. But it did work so who knows." she shrugged. "As for the towel, I can help too. I'm going to get you some new clean clothes because those leggings and that shirt won't work here no matter how cute they are," she said as she walked over to me, looking me up and down.

"Oh thanks," I said

"It's no biggie. Now, what colour dress would you like? I have red, blue, green, purple..."

"Umm... have anything else? No offence but dresses aren't really my thing. I also bet that riding in one for long periods won't be that comfortable,"

"Ah, I see. Well, no problem! Let me just get Ed," she then pulled out what looked to be a communication device from her dagger. "Edmund! I need you, please. Can you come here and bring some of your old clothes? Like, right now," she spoke into the device and winked at me.

About a minute later, there was a light and then a boy appeared. It was Edmund Pevensie. He was fairly tall and had brown hair and eyes with a paler skin tone than Lucy's. He was holding some clothes and looked confused. For some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. There was something about him that drew me towards him.

"Here you go, Lu. But I don't understand what do you need them for--" he stopped and that was when he noticed I was there. He just stared at me and I think he too felt this weird pull towards me. Lucy rolled her eyes and then snapped her fingers at him. He blinked and put his focus back on Lucy.

"They're for Anna," she stated and took them from him, while he continued to stand there and stare at me. "Here you go," she said as she placed them in my hands.

"Th-anks" was all I managed to say. I was so preoccupied with looking at Edmund I jumped a little at her voice. What is it about you? Why am I so drawn towards you? I thought to myself as Edmund walked over to me.

He then took my hand, "Hi. I'm King Edmund the Just," he said as he bowed and kissed my hand. I was blushing and was red as a tomato.

"Ann-na. I'm Anna Scorpia Kesler. I mean uh hi. Shit. Hi, I'm Anna Kesler and it's a pleasure to meet you"

Edmund laughed. Then he tilted his head and we kept looking at each other. At this point, it was a little obvious we were both trying to find out the same thing. 'Why were we both so attracted and drawn to each other?' Edmund turned to Lucy and asked, "Can I talk to her for a minute?"

"No. You know the rules and now you have to go. You're not even supposed to be here. I just needed your clothes. You can go now. She should also get moving" said an annoyed Lucy. She put both hands on her hips and glared at Edmund

"Alright alright! Fine sheesh," Edmund tells Lucy, but not before he leaned into my ear and whispered, "I have a feeling we'll see each other again very soon,"

I looked at him confused. But before I could say anything he leaves with a flash of light. I turned to Lucy who was still here, "Now where am I going, Lucy?" I asked

"Oh. That's easy, you're going to keep heading towards the base camp you were originally heading towards. You're just going to follow the river and then you'll reach this stair-like thing. Go up it and Eliza will know where to go from there. It should only take you about three days at the most. You don't have to go around the cliff and river unlike what your friends have to do. So you should beat them there by a good week or so," Lucy said as she walked back towards me. She smiled sweetly, "You'll be fine and don't worry, I'll see you soon. I'm sorry I can't go with you but, coming here is very hard. So if I need to talk to you, I'll find a way. For now, just be brave," she then hugged me.

"Ok. Follow the river to the stairs, and after the stairs, Eliza takes over. Got. So I guess this is goodbye for now then?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Goodbye Anna, I'm sure we will meet again. Oh and I'm glad I made the right choice. You certainly are special,"

But before I could respond she disappeared. Well, I guess we should get moving I thought to myself as I changed into Edmund's clothes. He had given me a blue tunic and beige legging like pants. I then noticed that Lucy had left behind her dagger and healing draught for me. I picked them up and attached them to my waist.

"Well Eliza, let's get going," I said as I climbed onto her back

"Of course milady. We will be there in no time," Eliza remarked before she began to move. We headed down the river and towards base camp.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 1.9K 22
Tensions between Narnians and Telmarines have never been so high. Many Narnians have lost hope in the return of the Kings and Queens of Old, and most...
80.8K 1.6K 30
π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’ 𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑑 π‘‘π‘œπ‘œ 𝑐𝑒𝑑𝑒 π‘€β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘π‘œπ‘™π‘œπ‘”π‘–π‘§π‘’... π‘Šπ‘Žπ‘–π‘‘ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘—π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘˜ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘€π‘Žπ‘ π‘›'𝑑 𝑓𝑒𝑛𝑛𝑦! It has been eigh...
58.9K 2K 51
The Pevensie siblings have ruled Narnia for many years. Narnia has entered its Golden Era, filled with peace and prosperity. However, a new threat is...
367K 12.3K 38
β™• Ranked #1 Book in Narnia, #1 Book in Aslan, and #2 Book in Edmund β™• "What?" Elizabeth exclaimed to Aslan. "I cannot possibly be the one the prophec...