Starting New

By maxine247

After WW2 Germany is seen as a monster. Because of him, Prussia was dissolved and is forced to live with Russ... More

Monster
After the War
Time
Blood
Across the Altantic
Maybe
Issues
Another one Gone
Goodbye
The Meeting
A Talk
Getting Through It
Starting Over
Family of the West
Idea
Debut
Belgium
Malta
The Rio Pact
NATO
Incident
A/N
Whatever It Takes
Who Is He?
Reunion
England
Joining
Cinderella
Are You Sure?
How Do You Know?
Catching Up
Making Up
No Tears Left To Cry
Reaching Out
Mother
Birthday
Another One
The Curse
Claimed
Help
Home
Back and Around the World (Edit)
Breaking Bonds
Truth
Explanation
Back (For Sure)
Proof
Guest
My Story
Two Sides
Starting New

Welcome to North America

2.1K 83 58
By maxine247

Germany woke up to knocking at his door. He tumbled out of bed and opened it.

Maria.

"Uh, Maria. Good morning, is there anything I can help you with?" He said tiredly.

Maria smiled brightly at him to try and cheer him up.

He looked so sad and tired lately.

But hey, makes sense. He just lost a war and his family was torn apart.

"Buenos dias Germany!! Sorry that I had to wake you so early."

Germany checked the clock in his room. It was 4:32.

"But we're about to land in about an hour and 48 minutes so get ready," Maria continued.

"Okay.... thank you," He nodded and closed the door.

Once he was alone, Germany sighed and collasped onto the bed. Memories of the past few days came over him. 

And he didn't resist the urge to cry.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maria frowned as the door closed. She felt bad for Germany.

Yeah, he looked so empty....... so- so broken.

So depressing.

"Mexi, did you wake him?"

She turned around to see her eldest brother, "Yeah....... Mattie.... can I ask you something?"

Canada noticed the tone in her voice and nodded, "Of course Mar, what's is it baby sis?"

Maria tried to find the right way to phrase her words, "Well... how?..... What...." Damn this was tough.

She just had to spit out. Here goes.

"What would you and Alfie have done if D and I were in Germany's situation?"

Canada just stared at her.

Well, it wasn't like it was an easy question to ask.

Her brother finally came out of his shock, "Thankfully, you guys aren't in his situation."

"And if we were?"

Canada didn't even want to think about that. But he walked up to Maria and looked her straight in the eye, "We would have taken the fall."

"Damn right we would have," They both recognized America's voice as their brother stepped out of his room already dressed.

"Just like Prussia?" Another voice asked.

Diego sleepily stumbled out of his room and looked at his siblings.

America nodded. Man, this wasn't an easy thing to talk about. But ever since the trial, Alfred knew the same question circled in his siblings' minds.

What would they have done in that situation?

Heck, he even knew his cousins couldn't help but think that.

But honestly, it scared them. All of them. The fact that they were so close.

So, so close.

To the fate the Germanics had gotten. To their family being separted. To having to deal with that pain.

"Yeah D," Alfred finally answered, "Just like Prussia. It's our job to take care of you two and we'd do anything for you guys." He said.

After their mother and Native America siblings had faded away. It was only the four of them and South America. Their cousins had sometimes visited and would take care of them when they did. But when you don't include that.

It was the four of them.

They were told sick together and always had. Heck, America and Canada wouldn't even let Spain take Mexico or England and France take them until they knew that they would be able to see their babies siblings often. And until they knew Spain would take good care of them.

"Thankfully we're not in that situation," Canada said, "And hopefully we never will be. But if we ever are...."

They all were quiet.

"We'll still love you guys and nothing will change that. You're our baby brother and sister and we'll do whatever we can to protect you."

Canada was now looking at his 3 younger siblings, his baby brothers and sister.

I'll do whatever I can to protect you.

He closed his eyes.

A close call.

That's what this had been to their family.

An extremely close call.

Damn, it terrified him.

He loved his siblings to death and as the oldest, he would step up and do what had to be done to keep them safe.

No matter what.

Maria nodded and let out a shaky breath. The whole thing had been haunting her since the trial.

Alfred put an arm over his sister and kissed her forehead, "We'll always be there for you guys."

Maybe not as nations all the time. But as siblings.

As family.

Hell yeah.

Canada ruffled Diego's hair and gave his little brother a smile, "You should go get ready, D," He gently pushed his baby brother towards his room. He looked at Maria, "What do you want for breakfast Mar?"

"No fair," Diego whined as he walked,  "She's gets a kiss and is treated like a princess but I'm shoved and my hair is messed up."

They laughed at him. "Well, first of all, your highness," Canada said, "Number 1, she is a princess, our princess. Number 2, your hair was already a mess. Number 3, I was asking her since she was already dressed and ready and after that I was going to ask Alfred. And lastly, number 4, do you want a kiss?"

"Nope!!" Diego quickly said. But he held his arms out towards his brother, "But can you carry me though?" He started to give the puppy eyes.

Canada rolled his eyes but nodded, "Sure D," He walked towards his brother, picked him up, and swung him over his shoulder.

Maria and Alfred watches in amusement as Canada walked into Diego's room and dropped their brother onto his bed before walking out the room.

They laughed as they heard Diego say some curses before going to take a shower.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Germany sighed as he heard the siblings outside.

In a way they reminded him of his family.

Liechtenstein was the princess of her brothers. While Prussia would always tease Austria and Hungary causing her to chase after him with a frying pan. Switzerland would always claim to be the peace maker in the family. But would threaten Prussia anyway with his guns.

Chaos.

That's what it was.

But it was his family, his sweet chaos.

And he missed it so badly.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Germany walked off the plane after the North American siblings.

It was 6am but he wasn't really tired since he was used to waking up early.

As they all walked out the the airport and too the parking lot, Germany noticed something.

Alfred's government wasn't here to pick them out. Usually when he flew back to his country from another, his government would send someone to pick him up.

"Um? Alfred, where's the car? Your government isn't here."

As if on cue, a car horn started to honk. "Hey guys over here!!!" A male voice yelled out.

"Yeah, over here!!!" A few high pitch voices yelled out.

They sounded like little girls.

America laughed, "No government. There's our ride bro." He and his siblings started to walk to a van. The driver seemed to be a teen who looked similar to America and 16. The teen in the passenger seat also looked about 16. There were 3 little girls and one teenage girl, who looked about 14, in the back.

"Hey guys!!" Diego smiled at them.

Germany looked confused as they all climbed into the van.

Who were these people?

Maria laughed as she saw the look on his face, she pointed at the driver, "That's D.C." She pointed at the teen in the passenger seat, "That's Ottawa," She pointed at the little girls in the back, " These three are Hawaii, Honolulu, Alaska," And lastly, she pointed at the teenage girl, "And this is Baja California."

"And you're Germany!!" Honolulu said cheerfully.

"Hola," Baja California said a bit harshly towards him, she wasn't  really even paying attention. She was braiding Alaska's hair.

"Hey bro!!" D.C. smiled, "Your gonna love your time with us!!!"

"Bonjour," Ottawa said before turning and speaking to Canada in French.

"Um.... Hello," He looked at North America, "You all have children?"

Everyone else in the van stopped and bursted into laughter.

America wiped the tears coming out of his eyes, "No bro," He smiled, "These guys are our younger siblings. Our states, provinces, capitals, and most populated cities are personified."

Germany's jaw dropped.

Maria reached back and pulled Hawaii on her lap, "Yep, same with South. Only a few of our younger Mexican, Canadian, and South American siblings and cousins are over at Al's house right now."

Germany's jaw was still wide open.

Dang, they were a large family.

"Uh, señor?" Baja Calfornia said, "You might want to close your mouth. You might get flies."

"Well, let's head home!!" D.C. cheered as he started the van and pulled out of the parking spot.

"Oh and by the way Germany," Ottawa said, "Welcome to North America. Well actually... I guess it would be welcome to America."

"You're Canadian," Alaska said, "We should be saying that!!" She motioned to herself and her American siblings.

Baja Calfornia slightly smiled and shrugged her shoulders, "Either way, he's in North America hermanita. In our care." She glared at Germany.

"And we don't start world wars."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

How was this? I don't really know how I feel about this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 166 29
Arranged Marriage. People grimace at those words. Especially the countries of the world. Forcing people to get married and love each other. They hate...
4.3K 201 5
Prussia has three days before the Allies officially dissolve him. Three days to live; three days to say goodbye to his brother; three days to mend th...
3.2K 67 16
¡I'M CREATING THIS BOOK BECAUSE I CAN'T ACCESS MY OLD ACCOUNT ON WICH I HAD ORIGINAL PUBLISHED IT! Also the new cover picture is 10 times better just...
19.2K 207 8
It was a normal world meeting.England and France fighting,America yelling about being a hero,Canada being ignored,and Germany was about to explode.Bu...