Legend of Zelda x Reader Ones...

By Wolfie_is_ROOD

This will include mostly Breath of the wild characters, but I do accept requests for any legend of Zelda char... More

Revali x Reader - Cold Arrogance
Revali x Reader - Insulted (EDITED)
Revali x Reader - Untie Me
Revali x Reader - Two Left Feet
Revali x Reader - Crazy
Revali x Reader - Bad Timing
Sidon x Reader - Unspeakable Fate
Ghirahim x Reader - Hide and Seek
Dark Link x Reader - Hat-Tastrophe
Revali x Reader - Heart Attack
Sidon x Reader - Traditions
Revali x Reader - Unfamiliar
Sidon x Reader - Freefall
Zelda x Child!Reader - Stay the Night
Revali x Reader - World's Apart
Revali x Reader - Worlds Apart 2
Revali x Reader - Worlds Apart 3 (FINALE)
Revali x Drunk!Reader - Just no!
Teba x Reader - Thaw the Snow with Pure Rage
Vaati x Reader - Whoops
Vaati x Goddess!Reader - Divine Intervention
Vaati x Goddess!Reader PT2 - Understanding You
Vaati x Goddess!Reader PT 3 - Fallen Angel
A/N - IT'S A DRAWING
Ghirahim x Reader - Bandages
Sidon x Reader - Awkward and Very Stupid
Urbosa x Fem!Reader - Sunsets and Sunshines
Modern!Summertime Special Oneshot
Sidon x Drunk!Reader - Royal Afterparty
Young!Muzu x Reader - Past, present, and future
Young!Muzu x Reader PT 2 -
Young!Muzu x Reader Part 3 - Engaging in Confrontation
Fierce Deity!Link x Reader - What Happens in Termina Stays in Termina
MM!Link x Reader PT2 - A Zora Hero
Ghirahim x Reader - Clutz
Vaati x Reader - Failure is not an Option
Sidon x Reader - One-sided tickle fight
Kass x Reader - Accompanimy
Volga x Reader Part 2 - Begin Again
Volga x Reader Part 3 - Cries of a Pheonix
A/N - BOOOOOIIIIIIIII
An Update
Another fucking update lol
Ravio x Reader - Almost Never Afraid
Ghirahim x Sick!Reader - Told Ya So
SS!Link x Reader - Growing Wings
Vaati x Reader - Happy

Volga x Reader - Unlikely Knight

3.1K 46 30
By Wolfie_is_ROOD

(2182 words)

WOW. This turned out to be a lot longer than I expected. Maybe that's why it took so long to write. I'm actually very happy with this one, especially since I didn't know very much about Volga before I started doing some research. He was actually pretty neutral and didn't bother anyone until fucking Cia showed up. And, as you read, you will see just how much I hate that lil bitch. I really did end up falling in love with our lovely knight, so thank you, sweet mewchus for requesting it!

Also, in Grammarly, it kept trying to correct 'Volga' to 'The Volga'. And as awesome as that sounds, that could also be very annoying to read. Still, I love ya, Grammarly.

~~

"-And I don't want to hear another excuse from either of you! Get the job done!" With that, Cia slammed the door to her chambers.

The empty hallway was silent for a few moments; Volga was the first to turn around and walk away. You huffed and crossed your arms. "Someone obviously hasn't heard the saying, 'if you want something done right, do it yourself'." Then you caught up with the Dragon Knight.

"It doesn't matter what you think. All that matters is that you do as she says." Volga replied with a stoic expression.

"Why, yes of course!" You exclaimed sarcastically. "We do all we can to please her majesty!" Then you glanced at Volga, hoping to see some kind of reaction from him. But, he, of course, is still unreadable.

You could never put your finger on it, but there was something very off about Volga, much like everyone else that worked for Cia. It was like they barely had a mind of their own, and it was almost too much for you to handle.

The only reason you were working for Cia was that you owed her a few favors. Otherwise, you'd be miles away from her and her creepy palace. And as soon as this war was over - whether Cia won or lost - you'd be gone. You promised to vanish as soon as it was all over. But for now, you were stuck; tied down to your "warm and sunny" partner, Volga

"Damn, what a headache. I think I need a drink after that hot mess. So, wanna go grab a few with me?" You asked. It was a long shot obviously, but you kind of needed a ride to the bar. The castle is pretty far from any form of civilization, and Volga's fiery teleportation power much quicker than walking.

He picked up his pace, trying to get rid of you. "No."

You were practically running beside him at this point. He was much taller than you. "But if I go without a chaperone, I'll end up drunk and Cia will be pissed!" You tried to reason. "We wouldn't want that, now would we?"

"I suppose that would be your problem, wouldn't it?"

"Ouch... That was harsh." You pouted, but still no real reaction. Instead, he. Was engulfed in red and orange flames. Once the fire dissipated, Volga was gone. "You could've at least dropped me off, you ass!"

You glared at where the Dragon Knight was once standing before sighing in defeat. "He's supposed to make sure I don't do anything stupid..." You grumbled. Then, you opened one of the large corridor windows and hopped out; making the silent hike to town alone.

~~

"Oh, dammit..." You grumbled as leaned against the wall of your base. You were holding your pounding head, remembering last night. Maybe you had one too many drinks last night. "It's way too early for this shit..."

Volga was standing near you, staring at the enemy forces plowing through your own army in the distance. He, of course, paid you no mind. You glared at him from the side, but still nothing. "You are just a ray of sunshine, aren't you?"

As expected, there was no reaction; further justifying your suspicions that something was very wrong here. But instead of pushing it any further, you pulled out a small book with ancient writing on the cover. Opening it, you continued your studies on magic; specifically, wind sorcery.

You couldn't remember exactly how you found the book, and you didn't know who wrote it, but it was obviously by someone who understood the power of a simple breeze. And certainly, somebody who had freedom literally at his fingertips. You tried to comprehend the spells taught in the book, but they were all so complex and nearly impossible to control. Even so, you weren't one to give up, plus it was a great way to pass the time. Especially since someone was constantly ignoring you.

You noticed the subtle motion of Volga's hand moving to his sword from the corner of your eye, and you figured it was time for some action. So, you put your book away and got to your feet; unsheathing your own rapier. Only a few yards away was a group of knights led by the hero of legend.

"Alright, people! You know the drill!" You yelled to the mindless monsters behind you. "Cia wants the hero alive! Everyone else can go straight to hell!"

Volga immediately went for Link while you waited for some of his companions to catch up. Any of the weak knights that came up to you were slaughtered on sight. That's when the sheikah woman ran up to you, swinging her greatsword down on you. Fortunately, you were able to jump out of the way. Instead, the sword hit the ground which made it shake a bit.

"This'll be fun!" You laughed. The woman leaned against her sword impatiently. "I don't believe we've met before! I'm (Name)!" The woman said nothing as she hoisted her blade over her shoulder; swinging down once again. "Oh come on! I figured we could have a bit of dialogue before I killed you! It's bad enough I have to work with a mute, but I really don't want to fight one!" You yelled, but she said nothing. Wow, deja vu much? "Fine, you asked for it."

Using your ability to redirect the wind, you pushed the woman back; swinging your rapier at her. She quickly blocked it with her own sword. You jumped away from her and readjusted yourself. It's alright, just shake it off.

Right as you were about to charge at the woman, a huge migraine hit you like a brick wall. You keeled over and held your head in pain. Fuck! The woman walked over to you and kicked you over. Then, she raised her sword and swung it down on you once again. You barely rolled out of the way, but this time, the blade had cut your arm really bad.

Alright, time to go. "V-Volga! How ya doin', buddy?" You asked in a strained voice. "Because I-I think I'm gonna tap out!"

Volga took one look at you and sighed. Yes, it was indeed time to leave. The Dragon Knight wasn't feeling too hot himself, and as much as he disliked you, he wasn't about to let you die on his watch. So, he retreated from his own battle with the hero and grabbed you; vanishing with you in his arms.

~~

You woke up hours later in the infirmary of Cia's castle with a throbbing head and bandages all along your upper arm. Perfect. That's when you heard yelling from somewhere in the castle; mostly an obnoxious, loudmouth female. "Cia... ah, shit."

You hastily got up and ran out of the infirmary, straight to Cia's large but empty conference room. You pushed the large door open to see Cia pointing her finger accusingly at Volga. Her eyes shifted and her anger was directed at you. "And you! What the hell were you thinking going out to drink the night before?"

"I was thinking your constant bitching was the main cause of my migraines." You grumbled, rubbing your temples. "And you're starting to prove my point."

The woman growled. "How... How dare you!" At this point, Cia was in your face; electricity sparking from her fingertips. "You will learn to hold that tongue!"

"Oh, I bet. Alright, Cia' I think my time here is up. As fun as this was, I'd much rather be somewhere else. I'll see you guys later!" I waved in a bored manner and began making my way out of the room.

"I don't think so." Cia snapped her fingers, and you stiffened up.

There was a small throbbing in the back of your head that felt much like one of your constant headaches. Still, you ignored it and took another step forward. Cia growled at your perseverance and snapped once more. Now, the minor throb was becoming significantly more painful. You clutched your head and your feet stumbled back and forth a bit.

You were breathing heavily but still remained upright; refusing to let Cia win. "You... You're gonna have to try harder than that." Another step, another snap. This time, you collapsed to your knees, grasping your head in pure agony. You also screamed, hopefully piercing through her eardrums. She smirked and snapped once more. "C-Come on, Cia! Though, I always- always knew you were a weak c-cunt!" Two more very angry snaps. (O.O)

Yes, were most likely going to die for that last comment. Yes, you were absolutely pissing her off on purpose. But you had alternative motives. Maybe, just maybe, if Volga finally saw just how insane Cia was, he might just snap! This was a ridiculous and poorly-thought plan, but you didn't have much of a choice. You were screwed either way.

Your screams became deafening, but Cia never let up. Meanwhile, Volga had been watching cautiously, unsure of what to do. Right then, a little switch inside him just flipped. He felt... normal, in a way. Whatever Cia had done to him was finally losing its grip on his mind. His consciousness was beginning to wake up, and he was able to understand the situation much easier.

That's when you stopped screaming. You had fainted trying to block out all the excruciating pain.

Volga gritted his teeth as Cia let out a maniacal laugh. "Perfect. Volga, be a dear and take this wench back to the infirmary. When she wakes up, I'll be able to finish the mind control process. By tonight, she will be completely under my command.

It took all of Volga's willpower not to snap Cia's neck right then and there. Slowly, he took you into his arms and walked out of the spacious room. As soon as the two of you were out of sight, Volga quickly vanished; engulfed in orange flames.

He reappeared in a hidden cave not even Cia knew about. It was a place he learned from long ago before Cia came along. It was closed off from the world, so no one would be able to find you. Your face was completely lifeless, and Volga could only hope that you wouldn't be broken when you woke up.

For the next week, you were totally unconscious, and Volga only left your side to get food. He did whatever he could to keep you alive. You were in such a fragile state that anything could damage you.

To be honest, the Dragon Knight was very ashamed of himself. The way he treated you was completely unacceptable, even if he was under Cia's control the entire time. He certainly wouldn't blame you if you never forgave him. Still, if he could keep you alive until you woke up, he would be willing to take any punishment you'd throw at him.

"Ugh... my fuckin' head."

Volga's head shot up at the sound of your voice. You tried to sit, but it was a bit difficult. Even so, the plate of food beside you was a good motivator. You instantly began wolfing the whole thing down like you'd never eat again.

When you were finished, you sighed and laid back down; staring at the stone ceiling. "... How are you feeling?" Volga finally asked. You glanced over at him before quickly turning away.

"Well, considering I haven't died, pretty fucking good." You replied in a playful tone, but there was something a little darker in your voice; something Volga didn't seem to recognize. Even so, he sighed in relief. At least your usual sense of humor was still there. For a moment, he thought the mental strain Cia had put on your mind had taken a toll on you.

"That's good..."

You nodded and continued staring above you. Then you frowned menacingly. "The next time I see that bitch, I'll slice her fucking head off."

"One thing at a time," Volga warned. "First, you need to recover."

You clenched your fists in anger. "Fucking Cia..." You growled. "She'll fucking pay..."

"Agreed." Volga absentmindedly looked around the cave when he spotted an apple sticking out of your bag. He calmly crossed the room and picked it up. He figured you were still hungry. But when Volga went to hand it to you, You flinched away from him.

There it was; the thing he feared. Cia had taken something from you. Your unwavering trust and unrestrained loyalty to him was completely shattered to pieces. At one point, you could ask him for anything, and even though he'd say no 90% of the time, you still weren't afraid to ask. And on the battlefield, you knew you could trust him to have your back. Now, you could hardly even look Volga in the eye. It wasn't your fault; Cia had taken things from him as well.

Volga stared cautiously at your dying eyes that were fixed to the floor. Then he reached for your hand. You tried to pull away, but his iron grip wouldn't allow it. Your eyes filled with tears as you met his red ones. He squeezed your hand reassuringly, asking you to trust him.

The childish light in your eyes was fading. It was hard to recognize you anymore. Instead of being carefree and undefeated, you were anxious and unfeeling. It was a very unpleasant sight; heartbreaking, even.

Holding your hand as though you'd disappear, Volga had found his new objective. He'd bring back your quick wit and fiery passionate eyes if it took him until the end of time.

For that is what a knight does.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 6.5K 24
Write your own fate in the stars, I will be here to pick you up should you fall while finishing your story, and if al...
332 0 15
Hi! I'm Natalia and welcome to my new story. I will update this every time I have an idea. This is a story for my Breath Of The Wild dr, so i don't a...
9.5K 224 36
The title is basically self-explanatory. These are just some of my thoughts and opinions on Zelda. I created some one-shots to put in here too. One-s...
479K 7.5K 27
Here, there will be a book of one shots between you and killua zoldyck (or just random character x character shots) I take requests, so if you have a...