It all started when I turned...

بواسطة princessuniy

18th birthday is that special day where you officially start your adult life and welcome independence. It's o... المزيد

Author's note
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Epilogue
Author's note

13

65 6 3
بواسطة princessuniy

"What do you mean legendary?" I asked her.

"At least now we know why you are that strong!!" Britney muttered.

"Katherine came from a very strong witch family and Lameck also came from a strong family of very strong hunters, so the two combined were unstoppable. After a lot of witches to be killed they are the ones who were the biggest threat to vampires and werewolves. They promised to finish each and everyone of us and they were almost there," Luke explained.

"Is that why they were killed? That's why they burnt them alive?" I quickly wiped the tears that were threatening to fall off with the back of my hand. Crying is a weakness and I am no weakling.

"They were burnt alive!!??" everyone asked, it seemed that they didn't know that yet.

"Yeah, I witnessed it. Seeing as nobody knew that then there will be no point asking if you know who killed them, will there?" I asked and they all nodded.

"You didn't see them? The ones who killed your parents? You said you witnessed it," Betty asked.

"It was dark and it was far but I remember them, I remember their faces. They were two men and three women. I think the two men were one vampire and one wolf. And there were also one vampire woman and one wolf woman," I told them.

"You got all that when you were young? You indeed are exceptional! Anyway we are so sorry about your parents," Kyle told me and I smiled at him as a sign I was okay now which was a lie.

"And what about the fifth one? The third woman, who was she?" Britney asked.

"I have yet to find out, I couldn't at the moment," I answered.

"We were still pretty young when all these happened but we will try to find out more about it and let you know," Luke told me.

"But how could that happen? From what we heard Yardleys never had a child," Kyle asked.

"My mom told me they ran away when she knew she had me in her. They lived low and isolated untill she gave birth to me and that's when they resume to hunt. Even then she told me they couldn't be too active for my safety. She told me my existence was a secret, that I was their secret weapon," I explained.

"I still don't trust you guys, your kinds. But the reason I am telling you all this is because you guys are the only lead I have to find out who killed my parents, I need to know them. I need to find them hence I have no choice but to trust you. But know that I am watching you," I warned them.

"We understand why you wouldn't trust us. It's in your blood. But not all of us are like them; the ones who killed your parents. There are a lot of us who are nice. We have families and we live among humans in piece with them. We don't hurt them. You just have to open your eyes to see that," Luke told me.

"And there's also one more thing I wanted to clear. Betty and I are not an item, we have never been. Betty is with Kyle," Luke added. I had been curious about that, I wanted to ask that since the moment I walked in there but I couldn't, doing that would have only made them think that I still care.

"Then what were you doing at Betty's hugging her?" Sherry spoke up this time.

"You were at Betty's? Hugging her??" Britney asked in shock looking at Luke for confirmation.

"Betty was upset the whole weekend about what happened between you two and I just hugged her to calm her down. And I was there in the first place because we were going to meet there with Kyle who was coming back from next town to meet someone who knew about witches," Luke explained and I let out a breath I didnt know I was holding in relief.

"There is someone who knows about us, what does he know? What did you find out?" I questioned after what he said last dawned on me.

"We didn't know that you got your memories back at the time so we were looking for how many witches families were around here ten years ago and which had a daughter of your age. We were trying to look for your family, your origin. Betty's mom told us there's someone she knows who can help us. Kyle volunteered to go meet him but since nobody knew Yardleys had a child we couldn't find anything useful," Luke answered.

"You would have known I got my memories back if you bothered talking to me at all!" I snapped at them, all except Britney looked at me apologetically.

"We had no choice but to do that, please understand. There's a lot of times I came outside your house and debated whether to tell you or not but I couldn't bring myself to tell you anything. Your kind have been a threat to us for years, so you can imagine what I felt after finding out my best friend could be a threat to me and that telling you might be the end of me, end of us!!" Betty told me and I could see drop of tears running down her cheeks.

"We were best friends. I loved you, you have been like a sister to me. How could you have thought that? That..that I would harm you!" I said exasperated.

"Kayla...." Betty trailed looking at me sadly, tears kept running down her cheeks.

"But you did harm her. You electrocuted her when she hugged you," Britney pointed out.

"I couldn't control that, I did that unknowingly. I would never harm her knowingly, If she could have just trusted me and explained to me.....but then how can I spoke about trust to a person who lied to me about who she is in our ten years of friendship," I told them and I could feel tears starting to come out. I rubbed them with the back of my hand and abruptly stood.

"I need some air," I announced before walking away. I walked to the balcony which was attached to the living room and closed my eyes to let the cold air hit my face.

"Are you okay there?" I opened my eyes to see Luke staring at me. I didn't even hear him coming. I nodded and Looked away. He tried to reach for my hand but I immediately stepped back, he looked hurt but he didn't say anything. He put his hands in his pockets and looked infront, at the night sky.

"It's because I don't want to hurt you," I told him with a small voice before turning to look at him.

"What?" he looked at me questioningly, not knowing what I was referring to.

"You touching me," I explained and he nodded with realization and smiled.

"Are you okay? I know all this is a lot to take in," he asked.

"I am okay," I answered him.

"You are a strong girl. I admire that from you," he told me. Was I really strong? I wasn't sure of that.

"So um....How do you feed? From what I know you need to feed to live," I asked recalling how he said he doesn't hurt humans.

"From animals, from time to time. Other times we eat like normal humans. Atleast that's how I have been living ever since I was born," he explained.

"You mean to say you never..." I trailed off and he immediately understood and laugh. The sound of his laugh, how I missed it.

"Yeah never, not even once. That's how my parents raised me," he explained.

"This is the first time I have heard you talk about your parents, where are they? Why do you live alone?" I asked.

"Oh really! Well they are very busy people. They travel a lot because of their businesses. They were rarely home so I kind of got used to live alone, and maybe that's why I don't talk about them much. There's nothing to talk about," he paused and smiled at me sadly. I could sense how much he misses his family.

"They kind of forced me to come here to look for their business, they care about money a lot you see... but now I am happy I came here, I met Kyle and you," he added as he looked at me with a smile, a happy one this time and I couldn't help but smile back.

"I see...So what business is that?" I asked.

"Well, they own a couple of hotels and real estate here and there. This is one of them," he answered pointing where he stood.

"No kidding!" I exlaimed.

"It's true and you remember the hotel we went to for that disastrous date. That too... and sorry about that," he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah," I nodded before turning back to look at the sky.

"I wanted to ask you out that night, I was going to make your birthday special. I planned our date over and over and researched good places for dates. I had everything planned out. I wanted it to be perfect," he paused and smiled sadly "But before our date I got a call from Kyle telling me he thinks you are a witch, a very powerful one at that. Witches and hunters have been the enemy of ours for years, they have the powers to destroy us easily. I have never met a witch or a hunter before but we have always been warned about them. So I was confused, very confused but I knew that the right thing to do was definitely not to start a relationship with you at that time, that's why I did that," he explained. I just smiled sadly looking at the sky.

"She also cares a lot about you and she is also very hurt with this. I am sure deep in your heart you know that. Everyone was in shock back then, we didn't know what to do, we never meant to hurt you, I never meant yo hurt you," he told me referring to Betty also.

"But you did, you all did hurt me. These past few days has been hell for me," I replied.

"We should go back in," I told him quickly  before heading back in, not letting him say anything else. I was afraid I would break down again if I listen to him more.

I went back to the living room and resumed my previous position, others did the same too.

"The man you met who knows about witches, can I meet him? Maybe he knows something about our powers," I asked them without wasting time, looking at kyle who met him.

"What do you want to know?" he asked.

"A lot of things. I know nothing. As you can see I can't even control my powers," I answered.

"What do you mean you know nothing? You had no problems making Britney fall at the library," Britney scowled at that, Luke smirked before continuing  "You even punctured my tyre the other day. And Britney said you had no problem lifting her yesterday even when she was in a full vampire speed you were able to stop her. And the fire ring you made. How did you even do that by the way? I thought you were inexperienced!!" Luke asked and I could see everyone's curious eyes at me.

"Oh...It's just what I picked when I was young, they are among the tricks mom taught me. But I was too young I don't remember everything and she didn't get to teach me much anyway," I explained and they all nodded.

"I don't think that guy will be of any help when it comes to witches stuffs and all. The only thing he is good at is information, he has informations of all kind," Kyle told me.

"Can't you just get in contact with one of your ancestors, my mom used to tell me that in the past witches were able to do that!" Britney casually suggested as she admires her nails.

"Ancestors? Witch could talk with their ancestors? As in past dead witches?" I asked her but she was busy getting something from her nails or maybe she was just pretending not to hear me. I looked at the apple that was on the plate in a small table in the middle with many other fruits and smirked.

"Ouch!! Who did that?.... You witch!" she exclaimed when the apple hit her forehead. I could hear the others laughing at that.

"Now that I have your undivided attention will you answer me?" I asked sweetly with a smile.

"That's what I just said!! Are you deaf?" She yelled while rubbing the spot where the apple hit her "And next time will you please refrain from using your powers around."

"Now was that so hard," I answered her refering to her first sentence, I then went on to answer her next one "and no promises sweetheart." I could see others were amused by our little banter with the smiles on their face.

"It would be hard for you to contact your ancestors as you are still inexperienced and also I don't think you own anything of your ancestors or you know any of their tombstone," Kyle told me.

I nodded at that before I remembered something.

"I think I did contact my ancestors," I quickly muttered before standing up and pacing around with excitement. Everyone was looking at me with their full attention.

"What do you mean? When?" Betty asked curiously.

"Today. In the morning. I think I contacted my mother. I could hear her voice clearly, as of that time I didn't know that it was possible and it didn't last long so I just thought I must have imagined it because I missed her," I told them.

"You contacted your mom!! How?" Sherry demanded now standing up too so that she can look me in the eyes. The others followed suit.

"When I went back to my house, the one I used to live with them before. They were burnt there so that's their tombstone," I answered, I felt my heart aching a little as I mentioned the last part.

"You used to live here? Where? When did you find out?" Luke asked.

"Not here exactly but not too far. It's at the countryside, four hours by bus....wait, I think you know the place, Sherry told me you came with her there to pick me last time," I told him.

"That abandoned burnt house!!" Luke exclaimed with realization.

"Yeah. I have to go back there. I don't know how I did it last time but I have to try again and see if it works, I have to talk to her," I said with excitement, I wanted to hear her voice one more time, I missed her.

I'll have to try to contact her again. I hope it will work.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

235 31 15
Gwen Nightshade, a 17 years old teenage girl. A girl who likes to spend a normal life without any trouble. But her life starts to change after turnin...
22.3K 2.1K 35
Seventeen year old Kayla Simmons has always been normal, completely ordinary. So when the new guy in town comes and completely changes everything she...
251K 7.5K 84
Hannah's living a normal life..that is until her 16th birthday arrives. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• On the day of Hann...
3.9M 81.3K 26
[THIS STORY WILL CONTAINS SEXUAL SENSE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT THEN DON'T READ IT!] This is a story about a girl names Lilly who just turned 16 hopin...