Reconstruction of the Legacy

By itsdriadeaux

The 1st book of the Legacy Series From senior year of high school to fighting to live. Being betrayed by the... More

Chapter 1: Unplanned Beginnings
Chapter 2: 2:25 Wya?
Chapter 3: Beep Beep
Chapter 4: Don't leave me.
Chapter 5: An Unsolved Puzzle
Chapter 6: Putting 2 and 2 Together
Chapter 7: Rise Up
Chapter 8: Secrets Makes Friends
Chapter 10: Heritage
Chapter 11: Reveal What The Truth Is
Chapter 12: An Eye Out For The Snake
Chapter 13: Broken Bond
Chapter 14: Brewing Storm
Chapter 15: Ashes to Ashes
Chapter 16: Lost Trust
Chapter 17: Plan in Motion
Chapter 18: Clueless
Chapter 19: A Thief in the Knight
Chapter 20: Rage of the Knight
Chapter 21: Not So Lonely Moment
Chapter 22: Fool Me One Time
Chapter 23: Can't Stay
Chapter 24: An Unspoken Ignition
Chapter 25: Movie Time
Chapter 26: Hide and Go Seek
Chapter 27: Bring Back Up
Chapter 28: Game Time
Chapter 29: United
Chapter 30: War Cry
Chapter 31: Facing The Inner Demons
Chapter 32: Think Of Our Kids
Chapter 33: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 34: Discussion
Chapter 35: Confession
Chapter 36: You Thought
Chapter 37: Slow and Steady
Chapter 38: Deeper Understanding
Chapter 39: Homecoming
Chapter 40: Choices
Chapter 41: Troubles in the Water
Chapter 42: Losing A Connection
Chapter 43: Confrontation
Chapter 44: Newly Born

Chapter 9: Welcome Back La'Toya

86 13 0
By itsdriadeaux

Orlando
"So how do I..."

Before I can finish the sentence the doctor wheels La'Toya in.

"She should be waking up in about 45 minutes or less. Push this button right here and a nurse will come in here to assist you with anything you need. Good evening gentlemen."

"Now what were you saying cuh?"

"Shut it I'm not finna say this over her!"

"Why not? You act like she gon wake up and walk out. She can't do nun."

"Okay prolly not now, but she will eventually."

"Eventually. It's gonna take a while for her. Look at her."

I look over her body and I see all the colors Jaida described to me. I clench my fist and the urge to protect her grows stronger. I can't help, but to feel like this is all my fault. If I hadn't of tease and rubbed her the wrong way maybe she wouldn't be in this predicament. A long, big curl falls in front of her eyes and I push it back in place. I cup her face in my hand.

"You're beautiful."

"Whoa bro I know you ain't talking to me!"

"Shut up fool you know dang well I'm talking to La'Toya."

"I know. I just wanted to hear you confess to it. I wonder if you would have the courage to say it to her face."

"We'll see when she wakes up. I don't wanna rush her, but I don't think I could go without having her."

"What happened to her anyway? Why is she all banged up?"

I should've known this was coming up. I can't lie the truth is bound to come out. The news report is already published on the internet. I look down at my shoes as I tell him what happened in the parking lot and on the news. I feel a little bit of my burden lift off from me. 

"Wow bro that's some tough shh.."

"Don't you dare say that over her! Have some respect for the injured."

"Chill. Chill. I'll hold back around her."

"Aye I need you to call Jaida. Tell her that La'Toya is back in her room."

"I'm on it."

RJ steps out the room and I step closer to La'Toya. I sit in the bed beside her and hold her hand.

RJ
"Pick up. Pick up."

"Hello who is this that keeps callin me?"

I am about to reply when I hear a dude voice in the background.

"La'Toya back in her room."

I hurry up and hang up the phone. We gotta problem. The storm really is brewing. Houston we have a problem.

Jaida
"People get on my nerves!!!"

"Why you say that?"

"Cause this unknown caller keep callin me. Ion even know who it is!"

"Well what did they say?"

"La'Toya is back in her room! Here I am playing wit cha take me back to the hospital and fast."

"Yes ma'am!"

I finish off the last of my fries and put the empty box back in the bag. I look out the window as we pass cars and buildings.

"Can I ask a question?"

"Shoot."

"Have you ever been in love before?"

"Whoa that's kind of personal question there."

"You told me to shoot my shot. Now you gotta answer the question."

"To be honest I don't know what love is."

"Relatable answer. Lot of people don't know what love is. Often the confuse love for lust, dominance, and control. But what do I know huh?"

RJ
"Orlando we need to go now!"

"I'm not finna leave her. She needs me more than ever. I left her once I'm not leaving her again."

"We not finna leave the hospital just follow me. Unless you wanna risk La'Toya's life again. Are you that selfish? I thought you wanted to keep her safe!"

"Alright alright lemme make sure I got the rose!"

"Hurry up we don't have long until they show up."

I watch as Orlando picks up his hoodie and the bag. I made sure he doesn't leave nun behind. We hide in the hospital supply closet next to La'Toya's room.

Ryan
I notice a tiny change in Jaida's all around mood after her question. I don't wanna lie to her. I have to be straightforward. Honesty is the best policy especially when it comes down to girls. Once they find out you lie or tell half truths it hard to gain their trust. I learned that over the years.

"Now it's my turn to ask a question."

"Go ahead."

"Why do girls dance while they getting ready?"

Jaida looks at me sideways.

"WhY dO GiRlS dAnCe WHiLe tHEy GeT rEaDy? Cause we gotta hype ourselves up and boost our head. Sometimes our man don't boost us up. We gotta let em know what we bout."

"Fair enough. We almost there."

"I can see that captain obvious."

"I'm just trying to make conversation."

"The struggle of you talking tells me you don't talk much. I'm here for you if you need a friend."

"What if I wanna be more than just a friend?"

"We'll have to wait and see now won't we?"

"Are you trying to take my mysterious vibe?"

"Maybe. Oh would you look at that we have arrived at the hospital."

"Looks like it."

"La'Toya I'm coming for you!!"

"I don't think she can hear you."

Jaida is already running into the hospital. Now what would be funny is if she ran dead into a door. That would be something I would record and play on repeat.

"Where's the elevator?"

"It's coming so relax."

"It's taking too long."

Ding!

"See there it is."

"Hurry up and get in before I leave ya dusty ahh on the first floor."

"Last time I checked I wasn't dusty. You was all up on this."

The nurse looks around the corner.

"Alright don't y'all be getting all freaky and stuff now. Do I need to tell the janitors to clean up the elevator?!"

I laugh and look at Jaida. She's covering her face from embarrassment. For as long as I have conversed with her in the past few hours the personality of shy doesn't describe her.

"Is someone being shy?"

"Shut up and get outta my way."

Right when I think she's let her guard down she builds three more walls. I watch her get off the elevator. I hate to see her leave, but I love to watch her go if you catch my drift. We enter La'Toya's room and Jaida stands directly in La'Toya's face. Now if she gets slapped that's on her.

La'Toya
I feel someone's presence in front of me. I open my eyes and I see Jaida. I grin from ear to ear.

"Toya don't worry me no more!"

I motion for her to come closer. She bends down and I say

"I lived bihhh!"

She hugs me tightly.

"Don't mind me I just ran into a tree and obtained bruises. You can hug me as tightly as you possibly can!"

"Oops my bad I just miss you."

"I missed you too."

"What happened to you though?"

"I got into it with "big daddy" and I sped off. I was finna call you, but my phone fell. I picked up my phone and swerved out of the way of an 18 wheeler. I hit a tree instead of having a head on collision with an 18 wheeler. My car is prolly totaled. The End."

"Well I'm glad you're here instead of instantly dying in a car accident with an 18 wheeler."

"Well who is this boy in here?"

"This is Ryan. I met him here while trying to hold on to you before your operation."

"Actually she snuck off and went in there anyway."

"Operation what operation?"

I try to sit up and I wince from pain. I put my hand on my stomach and feel the incision.

"Jaida what did you do while I was having an operation being performed."

She filled me in about her little adventure while I was under. She did all that for me! See this is why I don't have to question her loyalty.

"So this is why I'm hungry. My stomach has reached my back. I bet 9 times outta 10 the cafeteria closed."

"We could pick you up something."

"I'm good I have more pain than hunger. So it was true I knew I heard your voice. Jaida I couldn't bring myself to leave you even if I could."

"You better not leave me. "

"Now where is my phone?"

She reaches in her pocket and pulls out my phone. Funny how my phone is in perfect condition, but my car is messed up. That's another issue for another day. I check my phone and it's on 12%. I shake my head and dial gram's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey gram I'm not coming home tonight."

"You want me to put your plate up?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Where you at?" 

"I'm in the hospital."

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah I was in a car accident and the nurses are taking really good care of me."

"Do you need me to come up there? It won't be a problem I can get Mister Charlie to drive me up there."

"No gram don't worry bout me I'll hopefully see you Monday."

"Good night baby. Call me if you need me."

"Good night gram. And I will if I need to. Bye."

"Bye. Bye."

I check my phone and now I have 10% left. Imma make it work. I call my parents the phone rings six times before it goes to voicemail.

"Hi it's the Robinsons. *chuckle "honey." We're sorry we missed your call. Feel free to leave a message and we'll get right back with you. Leave your name and number. We talk to you as soon as possible bye and have a blessed day. Beep."

"Hi mom. Hi dad. Uh how do I say this... *nervous laugh. I was just in a car accident. So I'm in the hospital now. *my voice cracks. I hope y'all have having fun on your trip. I love y'all bye."

Jaida looks at me with concern.

"They still didn't answer?"

I shake my head and look down. I cover my face up and Jaida hands me a tissue. I clean up my face and try to pull myself together.

"I need a charger."

"Well why didn't you say something?" Jaida opens her draw string bag and pulls out of different colored chargers.

"What color?"

"White."

She plugs my phone in the outlet and looks at me.

"Jaida go home. I got it from here. Come see me in the morning though."

"You sure. You need me to pick up anything?"

"No. Ryan you go home too."

I watch as those two leave and I relax back.

I thought I gonna relax until I see Orlando and his buddy from second block waltz in.

"La'Toya we need to talk."

"Security somebody boo in here! Security! Stranger danger."

"La'Toya stop being childish and listen!"

"Reveal your true intentions with me!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
88.9K 2.2K 26
Nicole and Honesty are best friends. They love each other's company and have fun when around each other. They have fun everywhere except for at schoo...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
56K 2.2K 36
Ermias was a young gangster who grew up off Crenshaw and Slauson, with dreams of becoming a young Mogul. And Boogie was a young aspiring actress with...