A Pack of Wolves ( Book One...

By MEMSGIRL

There was trouble brewing in Westeros, Reyna could feel it in her blood, and this wolf was determined to surv... More

HOUSE STARK AND OC
HOUSE LANNISTER
HOUSE TYRELL
HOUSE BARATHEON
HOUSE TARGARYEN
HOUSE TULLY
HOUSE GREYJOY
HOUSE MARTELL
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
NOTE
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
NOTE II
Chapter 17
Note
Chapter 18

Chapter 1

1.8K 51 4
By MEMSGIRL

"You cheated!" A dark-haired girl shouted from her white mare as Brandon Stark continued to chuckle.

"Come now dear sister, do not sound so defeated!" He leaned over to his sister and gave her a side hug from his horse.

Reyna seemed to accept his gesture, until Brandon pulled away and suddenly, was upside down on his horse.

"See you at the keep dear brother! Yah!" Reyna's horse galloped away, the echos of the woman's laugh the only thing to be heard in the Godswood.

Reyna spurred her horse on as they reached the entrance of Winterfell, Brandon having not caught up to his sister. The guards made no move to stop her and she dismounted once reaching the stables.

The smell of hay hit her nose and she was enveloped in the warmth of the building. A few horses whinnied as she made her way passed a few stalls.

"Well done Roshyn." She fed the mare an apple and rubbed her neck lovingly.

"You are finally back!" Reyna felt a body hit her with force as her younger sister, Lyanna hugged her.

"And why are you out and about young one? As I recall you are suppose to be attending to your lessons with Septor Elieen." Reyna smirked as her sister sighed.

"I got bored, I've been hiding here for an hour!" The older girl laughed and wrapped an arm around her sister's shoulders. Her armour contrasting the dress Lyanna wore with furs.

"Well if you promise to get back to your lessons then I will try to convince mother and Father to let you practice the sword with me."

"Really?" Lyanna questioned and after a nod from Reyna, squealed in delight as she trotted off, back to Septor Elieen for sewing lessons.

Reyna smirked as she heard the sound of hooves and was met with a furious-looking Brandon.

"I call for a rematch!" He shouted, no trace of anger in his voice though.

"Oh come now dear brother, be a good sport." Brandon put his stallion away, ignoring his sister's mocking, however she linked arms with him as he walked out the stables.

Brandon could never truly be angry with his sister, for most of his life Reyna had been his playmate, his friend as his younger brother Eddard had always been off studying, so he took their younger sister under his wing.

The day she was born all he wanted to do was hold her and play with her, soon it was sword fights and archery.

Lord Rickard and Lady Lyrra let the two get away with skipping lessons, seeing that it wouldn't help to discipline the wolves.

Reyna grew up to be quite the trickster and manipulator, her knowledge revered at Winterfell. This earned her the nickname 'The Cunning Wolf'.

"Now how about I escort you back to your room so you can get ready for dinner, mother would not approve of armour at the table."

The two chuckled as they made their way to the keep, the large and imposing grey exterior of Winterfell matched the cold weather that forze the land and the snow that crunched underneath their leather boots.

_______________________________

Reyna was seated in the great hall in time for when her parents entered the hall. Her armour replaced with a blue dress and furs to keep the cold evening air at bay.

Brandon, Eddard, Reyna, Lyanna, and Benjen all gave their greetings as their parents sat down and servants flurried about with food and drink.

The dining hall had a warmth to it with its dark wood table and chairs and a roaring fire on the far end of the room. Tapestries telling the history of the great Stark family hanging proudly on the rock walls.

Benjen tried to sneak a sip of wine from Reyna's goblet, however, she slapped his hand away and gave the young boy a stern look. Lyrra watched in amusement at how Benjen quickly went back to eating the venison stew before him.

The family was engulfed in their conversations with the laughter of the Starks bouncing off the walls as servants hid smiles at the jokes and antics. Benjen threw a spoon full of leftover stew at Lyanna, who promptly tore a piece of bread off and tossed it back at her younger brother.

Everyone was amused at the two youngsters antics, even Lyrra Stark, who was attempting to scold her children while keeping a straight face.

The family meal was interrupted by the sudden appearance of a page boy holding a letter between his hands. The boy had some snow covering is furs and dark hair and his face was flushed red.

"Lord Rickard, a raven from Harrenhal has arrived." Lord Rickard quickly took the letter that was held out to him, skimming and furrowing his brow.

"Well, this is interesting!" A smile spread across his lips.

"What is it, father?" Lyanna was the first to ask, while Reyna sipped her wine and eyed him.

"Harrenhal is hosting a tourney for his daughter's name day. The reward is triple any gold I have seen offered before." With raised eyebrows Reyna carefully considered how on earth Harrenhal could afford a tourney, half the castle had been burnt and they were not in the position financially to provide for the whole of Westeros houses that would be attending the tourney.

It clicked in her mind that someone else was behind this name day tourney.

The only thing she couldn't fathom was who and why.

"Can we all attend father? I haven't been to a tourney since last year!" Lyanna excitedly asked, causing those at the table to smile at the She-Wolf, Lyanna always looked forward to tourneys, more so the Knights and Ser's that took part in them. Everyone at the table knew that if Lyanna could be a knight, she would take that opportunity in a second.

"Of course, I suppose they are hosting this at the right time." Lyrra nodded at her husband's comment.

"Yes, Spring has come early so we can travel quickly." Lyrra had a smile on her face, she always enjoyed the tourneys since being in the North she was isolated most of the time.

"We will start preparing for the journey. Now if you don't mind, your mother and I are going to retire early, we have something important to discuss." Lyrra and Rickard left the room, leaving the Stark siblings confused, they never left the table early and Reyna was sure her mother and father had not even finished their stew.

"I think I will retire early as well. I have some books I want to finish." Without another word, Reyna quickly stood and made her way through the stone halls of Winterfell until she reached her father's study, the door was closed with light only slightly peaking out at the bottom.

Reyna heard the chattering and it was clearly her parents' voices.

"Are you sure Rickard?" It was her mother.

"Yes dear, Catelyn is a perfect match, and her family is one of the great houses." Her Father sounded bored with the conversation as if his mind was already made up.

Reyna frowned and concentrated on what they were saying.

"Dear, you must realize that if anyone finds out what you are planning..."

"When you play the game of thrones you either die or win... and I intend to win. Catelyn and Brandon will be married next year if Hoster Tully accepts the proposition when he arrives next fortnight. Then Lyanna and Robert will be the next two. Eddard will suit a Dayne... preferably Ashara...as for Reyna.." Reyna felt worry build up as she bit her bottom lip. Was her father playing matchmaker for power?

What was he planning?

"Reyna will make a good match to a powerful house... Maybe Tyrell or even a Lannister will do.." Her father sounded thoughtful and Reyna felt sick to her stomach. She was not some gift to be given out at will.

"Well, I do not trust the Lannisters...Maybe Willas Tyrell... Olenna always speaks so fondly of him and they are the second most wealthy family in Westros.." Lyrra tried to convince her husband, She hated her children being pawns, but she also knew how stubborn Rickard was.

This was a dangerous game that they were playing with their lives and that of their children.

"Maybe... I will have to put more thought into Reyna's betrothal.." Reyna heard the scraping of a chair and with wide eyes, she ran hurriedly away towards the Winterfell library, tears of anger and hurt pricking to escape her blue eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.2K 2K 7
𝖳𝗁𝖾 π—€π—‹π–Ύπ–Ύπ—‡π—Œ 𝗐𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝗒𝖾𝗍 π—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—‹π–Ίπ—… π–½π—‚π–Ύπ—Œ. π– π–Ύπ—€π—ˆπ—‡ π—‡π–Ύπ–Ύπ–½π—Œ 𝖺 𝗐𝗂𝖿𝖾. 𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖺�...
62.7K 2.9K 33
Adelaide Stark fell for the bad boy a long time ago and now hes back in winterfell. Can their love grow or will it wither? 🐺 "I couldnt grow with y...
56.4K 1.5K 11
𝘰𝘧 𝘀𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘦, 𝘡𝘩𝘦 π˜₯𝘳𝘒𝘨𝘰𝘯'𝘴 π˜₯𝘦𝘯 - π—‚π—Œ 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 π—’π—ˆπ—Ž π–Όπ—π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ π—€π—ˆ. ©𝘦𝘀𝘭π˜ͺ𝘱𝘀𝘦π˜ͺ𝘴
217K 5.1K 125
'The Strength of the Wolf maybe the pack, but the lone wolf is certainly the baddest one. And the Dragons who made him one will feel the wrath of the...