It all started when I turned...

By princessuniy

18th birthday is that special day where you officially start your adult life and welcome independence. It's o... More

Author's note
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Epilogue
Author's note

10

71 8 11
By princessuniy

"I am home," I announced while getting my coat off. I then hanged it and goes on to remove my shoes. I heard someone coming running.

"Where were you? Why are you so late?" Sherry asked me, following me as I headed to the living room. I sprawled myself on the couch and closed my eyes, putting my arm above my eyes so that I can block the light. I was tired, tired of what was happening to me.

"I took the longer root from Betty's so that I can get some fresh air," I answered her without opening my eyes.

"Did something happen at Betty's?" she asked.

"Why?" I asked her removing my hands to look at her, she was sitting on a coffee table in front of me.

"Well look at you first. That and Luke and Betty came to look for you right after you left. They thought I was lying to them when I told them you weren't here. Luke wanted to barge in and look for you himself, he only agreed to go after I threatened I would call the police," she briefed me and I gave her a weak smile.

"That's so like you," I told her.

"So....did something happen? Are you okay?" she asked. I could sense she was so worried about me and I felt guilty for always making her worry.

"Get me some water, I think I need that first to tell this," I told her as I put myself in a sitting position. I was going numb with all the things that was happening. I was done with everything, done with them. I no longer felt anything right then.

* * *   *

"So what you are saying is that you think Luke and Betty are seeing each other?" she asked calmly after I told her everything.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"I can't let them get away with this," she said, jolting up angrily.

"Let's go, you shouldn't let them get away with this. Betty knew, she knew how much you liked Luke. How can she do this to you, to Kyle, how? Let's go and teach that-that Bitch a lesson!!" she continued while pacing around. I have never seen her that angry. Sherry never swear, like never! So I could tell how pissed she must have been.

"Calm down," I told her reaching out for her hand and make her sit down beside me.

"Beating her up won't solve anything, plus we have better things to do."

"How can you be this calm?" she asked in disbelief with the state I was in. Didn't she just think I was in a worse state five minutes ago!

"Well I guess screaming on the streets really does wonder," I joked, scratching my chin to pretend I was in a deep thoughts. I think I saw a smile on her face, couldn't be sure because it dissapeared as fast as it came.

"I don't understand how you can manage to even joke right now, this isn't you! You-you would have been crying right now, throwing things around or you would have been pulling Betty's hair demanding that she tells you the truth, how, when, and why. That's the Kayla I know," she told me looking at me sadly while holding my hand tightly as if I would break if she let go.

"I know right. But I have decided to forget everything now. I have decided to move on. Maybe God has better things in store for me," I smiled at her trying to assure her that I was fine. But they were all lies, the truth is I didn't feel anything anymore, the pain on my chest went away as soon as I finished screaming. I decided not to care anymore. I was becoming numb. I was more than just broke.

All that time I had hopes. Hope that Betty was going through something and that it would soon end and then we would go back to how we were. Hope that Luke had a reason to tell me that and maybe deep down he liked me back. But it was gone, the hope was all gone. It didn't matter anymore. There was no going back.

"You should get some rest, I think you need it. I was waiting for you to come back so that I can tell you something but I'll tell you later after you get some rest," she told me.

"No, it's fine. What is it?" I asked her.

"It's about the Britney issue. We are meeting her tomorrow 7pm at the school football ground, I couldn't think of anywhere else," she informed me.

"How did you get her to meet us?" I asked her in wow.

"Well, I didn't do much," she made a dramatic pause before continuing "You know how a lot of people think of me as an innocent soul. Well that's how I got Kyle to help us."

"Kyle?? Kyle is Luke's best friend how can you get him involved!! And he agreed just like that?" I asked her in disbelief.

"Do you think he would have agreed to help me if he knew my plan was to torture Britney, that Innocent sweet Kyle? Ofcourse not. I... actually read it yourself," she said giving me her phone.

S: Hi bro
K:Hi sherry, what's up?
S:Are u busy?
K:Nope, I was out of town getting some things but now I'm heading to Betty's
S: Oh, I have a little favor to ask u....I would b happy if u can help me
K: what is it about? I'll see what I can do
S: we were asked to come up with a short play in our literature class and I was wondering if u can help me with something
K: lol..u know that I'm bad when it comes to dramas and plays, right?
S: hahaa...I know. I wanted help from the president of drama club, Britney. We are running out of time and we can't come up with anything. It would be helpful if she can guide us
K: oh yeah, Britney is the right person for this.
S: But u know how she is, she won't even take our calls. My friends and I want to meet her once and persuade her. I bet she will only come if it's Luke who texted her
K: oh I get you, you want me to text her in Luke's phone so that she will meet you. I understand why you didn't ask Luke himself. Consider it done...just text me where and when
S: Oh thank you bro, what would I ever do without you! Tomorrow 7 pm at the school football ground please.
K: Just promise me after Luke kills me later when he finds out we used him to get Britney you will recite a eulogy in my funeral :-)
S: consider it done :-)

"You manipulative little thing! I'm so proud of you. You grew up well," I told her after finishing reading their chat.

"I felt bad for a second using Kyle but he will have to understand. This is important," she told me.

"Yeah, it is." I yawned.

"I should probably get that sleep now," I told her.

"You sure should," she smiled. "Oh and we got mails that there will be no school for the rest of the week, so don't worry and just rest"

"That's good news then, I was debating whether I should go tomorrow. With the funeral and the fire yesterday it would be insane to go to school that soon anyway "

"Actually I am more surprised with the fact that we have three days off. Knowing our principal I thought even with a hurricane or an erthquake he would still not give us a day off," she said, we all laughed at that.

* * * * *

"We are not even sure she will come. Knowing her she would have been here thirty minutes early to wait for him," I told Sherry from the bench we were hiding under on the football ground. It was 7:05pm and I was going impatient.

"Ofcourse she will come. Do you think she is capable of standing Luke up! She is probably caught up in looking for the biggest push up bra she could find," she said before glancing at me, we both fall on a fit of giggles.

"Sh sh I think I heard something," I shushed Sherry. We both fell silent and we heard the sound of someone's heels approaching.

"There's even candles, how romantic!" we heard her.

Sherry and I came one hour earlier and placed five candles around. It was my idea, but romantic was the last thing in my mind. I placed them for my plans.

We waited for her to reach closer before I stood up from my position to announce my presence. Sherry followed behind me.

"I'm glad you find them romantic. I was worried if they would be to your taste," I told her with the biggest fake smile.

"You! What are you doing here?" she asked shocked to see me here. She started looking around.

"Oh, are you looking for something? Or rather someone, Luke perhaps?" I asked her with a smirk.

"How do you know that? That I.." she trailed.

"That you have a date with Luke? I am sorry to burst your bubble but Luke ain't here. He doesn't even know that you are here. It was us who wanted to meet you. By the way nice top, I haven't seen it before. Perhaps is it a new one?" I asked her, trying not to laugh. I heard Sherry laughing which she immediately covered with a cough.

"Why did you want to meet me?" She demanded in annoyance, ignoring my last comment of her top.

"Don't you think that you and I have some things to discuss?" I told her with a fake smile. She looked at me as if I told her to strip. After what felt like hours she closed her hands on her chest and gave me the you are not serious look.

"I have nothing to discuss with you and with that said I'm afraid I have to leave now," she told me before trying to walk away but Sherry immediately went to block her way.

"Why? Not a late person, are you? Don't worry I won't make this long but that's if you cooperate," I informed her.

"What do you want to discuss? Make it short. I have other places I had rather be right now," she said, annoyed.

"Well, not much. Just what you meant on friday when you said that my friends are gonna leave me one by one and that you won't have a chance to participate in my ruin, what did you mean by that?" I asked her.

"What are you talking about? I never said such thing," she answered while shifting uncomfortably. I could immediately tell she was lying.

"I know you are lying, what are you hiding?" I demanded.

"Haha you are being absurd...Haha I am not hiding anything. I really don't remember. I probably meant nothing by saying that. It's not like we have the kind of relationship to wish each other well. I probably said that to annoy you," she went on lying. With the way she was constantly putting her hairs behind her ears, shifting uncomfortably and smiling like an idiot she was making it more than obvious, which made me more and more suspicious.

"Want me to refresh your memory sweetheart?" I asked her with the most threatening look I could muster while taking small steps towards her.

I could see her immediately panicking and terrified? And shockingly....In a flash she was running in an inhumane speed and I almost lost her as I was in a shock with what was happening. Sherry who was pushed on the floor was also in a similar state. Shock. How can she run that fast?

I stopped her from moving when she was near the exit with all the power I could muster. It wasn't easy containing her as she had these powers? Is she a witch too? I thought I was prepared with whatever I would find out while interrogating her but I never expected that. I composed myself before lifting her up and pulled her towards my direction. It was easy doing it then that I knew how much force she was using against me. I could also feel she was slowly giving up.

"You are not normal? What are you? Tell me," I demanded.

Then that she was closer I could see the colours of her eyes also changed, they were bloodshot red. Her teeth, and her nails too were longer and very sharp. She is a vampire? My eyes widened and I stared at her in schock. She can't be, can she?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 10.7K 40
17 year old Alexis has been abused ever since her mom died when she was 16 by her stepfather and stepbrother. She thinks she might as well die. But t...
182K 8K 25
Lily doesn't remember her 21st - not after she got absolutely plastered. Still, she can't help but feel like something important happened ... Like...
9.3K 675 43
[Featured by @YAFantasy @werewolf and @WattpadUrbanFantasy] γ€œβ™‘γ€œ Madison had always been the girl who writes the story, but what happens when she find...
56K 1.1K 36
Kayla is an 16 year old almost normal girl. Ever since she, her parnets, her brother Adam, and best friend Lily got into a car accident she had found...