Wake Me Up Inside{5SOS}

By tashatonks

Ella loves her music, her books, her stars, her everything. Her classmates think she's antisocial and a lose... More

Welcome to my Life
Keep your head down
Lost and Insecure
Catch My Breath
Curtain Call
Teenage Dirtbags
Moments in Time
Waiting for Superman
Wherever You Are
Don't You Cry No More
She Looks So Perfect

I Write Tragedies Not Sins

29 5 0
By tashatonks

~*Ella's POV*~

I had picked out my dress, and the boys had all picked out tuxes. They'd all chosen something blue to match my dress. Luke had got a blue lip ring to switch with his black one, Calum got a blue tie, Michael was dying his hair blue (don't ask), and Ashton had chosen to get a blue shirt to go with his. I laughed. This had to be some dream. There was no way these guys would my friends any other time.

From everything I'd gathered:

Luke would probably be that guy that wasn't popular, but every girl loved anyway.

Calum would probably be in band but would refuse to acknowledge girls like me who tried to blend into the walls.

Michael would just be like all the other guys that think they're "too punk rock" to be friends with anyone else.

And Ashton would be that popular guy who always had someone hanging off of his shoulder. Girls would be all over him with his gorgeous curly hair and brilliant hazel eyes, and that smile that made you melt inside... Not to mention those dimples. Okay, I need to stop because this probably isn't a good thing. 

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out why they wanted to be my friends in the first place. They're famous! They hit the big time with a huge hammer... yet they're still normal, everyday guys. Maybe that's why I like being their friend. 

A few hours passed and eventually we were getting ready for this dance. My mum--sorry I've been hanging around them too long-- my mom was getting a camera ready for pictures. Which really I didn't understand why. Eventually everyone was going to think that I sent them a message saying "Will you guys please go to my prom with me? No one at my school likes me and you should pity me and take me" because that's what they all think in the end. I don't even think the 5sos fam likes me too much becuase I actually became friends with them. Yay for being in a music store at the right time. 

I went on twitter before anyone decided that it was time to take pictures. Guess what I saw being retweeted by just about everyone. Pictures of the boys and me running away from everyone. No one knew who the girl, me, was but they were all saying how they wished they were her. It kind of made me feel good about myself but at the same time I felt a little sad about not telling anyone about it. They'd all followed me but everyone gets followed by them at some point... right? Maybe I'm a little wrong... But since the picture was on tumblr, I decided to go check out Instagram. My. Whole. Feed. Everything was about that picture. People who were envious; people who were jealous; people who think I'm sleeping with the whole band. Great. Now I have to go on everything and tell everyone that the girl in the picture is me and that they have nothing to worry about. They're all acting like I've stolen the loves of their lives from them. I can't even stand up to people, what makes them think I want to take four Aussie guys from them? Okay maybe I'd like to take Ashton off the market but he's the only one! Michael is like the brother I never had so I could understand if maybe he got protective but I don't think he will over me. But this is Mike we're talking about... and we all know how he acts with Luke. Yes I'm trying to keep my feels to myself but they have the best bromance and it just... ugh! You know what I mean? How could anyone really say they hate any word of their bromances? 

"Ella? Come on, honey, its time for pictures! You have to get dinner before you arrive too!" my mom called from down stairs. 

"Coming mom! Are the boys here yet?" I yelled back at her. They'd gone back to their hotel to clean up. We'd told them they could have done that here, but they said it would more appropriate if they left and came back. Mike had mumbled something to Ashton but I didn't catch it. Whatever it was though, Ashton turned a bright shade of red and turned towards the door with an amount of speed that he nearly hit his face on the door. It was kind of funny actually.

"We've been here for almost an hour, so would you get your skinny ass down here before I come drag you out of that room." 

That had to be Michael. He's the only one who would actually say that to someone with out actually meaning anything too horrible. I lightly skipped down the stairs and saw them as I turned the corner to the living room. They had all dressed so well for this occasion. Honestly I felt so... plain. They all looked just so perfect. This couldn't be real there was no way. My life was a long standing tragedy that didn't seem to have an end. These boys had to be thrown into the mix just to stir things up. My phone beeped in my hand. Another text message.

Can't wait 2 c u 2nite! Oh, that's right... Ur not going. Becuz no1 likes u enough 2 ask u 2 come. Have fun eating cookie dough w/ ur mom. --- Jessica

Why did these happen when I felt happiest? Of course I was never really happy but still, if I got one inkling of happiness it was ripped away by someone in my school. This time it was Jessica. She was always nice to everyone; perfect grades, perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect boyfriend, perfect life. Jessica Warner was little miss perfect. Everyone loved her. Except me. And she hates me for it. 

"Who was that from, El?" Michael tilted his head to the side.

"No one important. It's nothing." I shook my head, "Let's get going on these pictures huh?"

I tried to ignore their faces, I didn't want to see looks of pain or concern. I didn't need their pity, I just needed them to be there for me when I wanted to talk... if I wanted to talk. 

"Okay, everybody ready?" my mom asked. We all lined up, me in the middle and each six foot tall boy around me. We took one where we had our arms around each other, a silly one where I'm pretty sure they mimicked an EP cover of their's with me in the middle. Then we took individual photos. I took the one with Michael first. We did a normal photo, which was hard since his hair was blue, then our silly one where we made faces and stuck our tongues out. Calum and I did a confused look photo, Luke and I had a photo where we went cross eyed and stuck our tongues out (A/N: I added a photo because I don't know how to describe in words the face that Luke was making XD Sorry about that guys!). Then there was my photos with Ashton. We did a really cute one where we're staring into each others eyes and I honestly was about to melt but doing that in front of him and the other guys would have been me signing my own death sentence. For our funny photo we acted like we were screaming almost but caught mid scream, you know what I mean? You could probably find a picture of it on Google, although he laughs so much a lot of the pictures are of him laughing. He has such a cute little laugh... Well, I should say he has a cute bunch of laughs seeing as he can never decide what laugh he is going to have. 

After taking all the pictures, all my mother could do was smile. I loved my mother so much, she was always there for me even when I didn't tell her what was wrong. She always had a way of knowing when something was wrong when I would say that there was nothing wrong. But she was still pretty oblivious sometimes. I'd learned after a while how to get her to not notice things, it was kind of sad really...

"So, where are we going for dinner?" Luke asked.

"I don't care where we go, but can we at least make sure they have burgers? I'm starving." Michael groaned from one of the couches.

"Lets not go anywhere where people will think that I am asian." Calum shook his head.

"People think you're asian everywhere we go though, Cal..." Mike grunted.

"Shuddup Michael." Calum laughed.

"Yeah, shut up Luke." Michael laughed.

"Wh-what did I do?" Luke shrugged with a look of slight offension.

"You existed." 

"Oi, lets not bug him too much, boys." Ashton laughed.

"Well, then get going to... wherever it is you guys are going." My mom began to push us towards the door. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry the update took so long guys!! I have been super busy and I got stuck with writers block. But here it is! The next chapter! Save your applause till the end because I can promise you things might end up going downhill... Because I suck at endings. If I ever finish this, I will just be proud of myself for that because I have never finished a story before and yeah... super big accomplishment. But thank you to all of you who have read this story, it means a lot to me that you guys do. I honestly think I suck at writing so the fact that you guys actually have said you like it, makes me a lot more comfortable in my writing skills.
                Live long and prosper,
                        Tasha Lynn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 531 62
Mia And Luke have been best friends since they have memory. They both share a house, and they're the only ones who live in it. Luke's singing talent...
2.3K 4 77
4 boys 4 girls follow the wonderfull stories of 5 seconds of summer as they try to navigate the world of love we have 4 couples. the last 2 are not i...
978K 25.8K 44
|COMPLETED| "People sometimes don't realize that love is love, and no one can stop it." Meet Briana, all her life she's been protected by...
4.1K 100 15
Megan Collins doesn't want love, she doesn't want romance or meaningful glances across a candlelit dinner. That's just not who she is. All she wanted...