Finding Me - Book 4

By Erin__Lee

Emerson Isabella Stratton, 17 years old, bisexual. Emerson struggles with her identity. She is a girl and 9... More

BACK!!
"Sorry But I Can't."
"Date Night?"
"Happy Birthdy to Me!"
"Savior!"
"Taking a Break."
"Moment."
"Come Clean."
"Decision."
"I'm Sorry."
"Meeting."
"First."
"Admire."
"Million Bucks!"
"Chill."
"Uh No."
"Space."
"No Way!"
"Dream."
"Thankful."
"Fall."
"Together."
"Scared."
"Happy."
"Family."
"Lacrosse!"
"Day Off."
"Future."
"Relax."
"Plans."
"Show."
"Ignored."
"Parents."
"States!"
"Gone."
"For You."
"Prom!"
"Path."
Epilogue pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter 1!
Bonus Chapter 2!
Bonus Chapter 3!
Bonus Chapter 4!
Authors Note

"True Love!"

1.8K 62 13
By Erin__Lee

"I'm invited to the bachelorette party?" I ask pointing to myself.

Markus chuckles and nods," yeah, one you have to take pictures of it and two I want you there. Besides I know how you're not so into girly stuff, even though you can go to Val's party if you want."

"Nah you know me well, the bachelorette party doesn't seem like my thing," I pause," so should I go get dressed?" I point upstairs.

"Well yeah cause you're most likely riding with Alex."

"Alright, I'll see you in a minute Mark." I hug him briefly then jog upstairs.

Shit! What am I going to wear?

Wait pause. Filling you in now.

Nothing. That's what's happened. After the teams win on Wednesday we went back to school Thursday and learned and then learned again on Friday. After classes I took Jasmine on a picnic at my moms' spot.

We stayed there until the sun sets. I take pictures of it and her, claiming that both are works of art but she more beautiful than any.

Earlier today was spent wrapping up plans for the wedding and now it's 8:30 p.m.

My uncle Markus and Val will be getting married at 10 a.m. tomorrow morning but for now it's all about celebrating Markus' last day as an unmarried man.

I was unaware of my invitation to the bachelor party until just now.

Scanning through my closet I find my favorite black jeans, a white hooded shirt, and my black jean jacket. After putting that on I step into my white Air Force ones.

"Em you ready?" Ma leans in and asks.

I nod and shove my phone, wallet, and keys in my pocket before following her out.

We get in her truck and drive over to Markus' apartment. Inside we find Lukas, Moses, Trey, and Aiden.

"Aye the last guests are here!" Trey exclaims excitedly, light shining on his all silver wedding band.

He and Bay got married when I was 9. Their wedding was beautiful, and was quickly followed by Bay's first tour.

"Woah woah woah not before a pre-game shot." Aiden says disappearing into the kitchen and returning with a bottle of 1800 and shot glasses.

I stand back as they all pour shots and get ready to take them.

"Em come on, this glass ain't for Casper."

My eyes travel to the table where the full shot glass sits then to Ma. She waves me over.

I walk up to the table and grab the drink.

"To Markus, congratulations my man." Trey says raising his glass.

We follow suit before downing the shots. There is no doubt to my mom now that I've drank before. My reaction wasn't noob enough for her.

"Let's roll!" Lukas moves his finger in a circular motion and we follow him out the door.

An all black party bus sits in front of us. The doors open and we climb inside.

"Woah."

Multi-colored lights flash all over, the black and white leather seats stretching to the back of the bus, a bar to the right, and a pole in the middle.

Leaning against that pole is a stripper. She's clad in black lace underwear that's connected to her bra by two small strings. Her long blonde hair falls down her shoulders, stopping at the bottom of her shoulder blades.

"Really Trey?" Markus chuckles and shakes his head.

We all sit down and as the bus pulls off, Trey turns on music, and the stripper starts to dance.

More drinks are poured and I'm only handed one, being told to nurse it. So that's what I do, sipping on it every once in a while.

Our first stop is a club. We go in and drink and dance. I buy my own drink using my fake I.D. to get it.

Ma raises a brow at me," hand it over."

I push my drink forward.

She shakes her head," the I.D."

Sighing I reach in my pocket and hand it to her. She lets me finish my drink.

After partying at the club we leave and head to a target. Lukas has this list that he's had Markus completing all night.

Stuff like: get a girl to spank you, get 20 girls to sign your shirt, get a piggy back from a stranger, get a guys number, get a free drink from the bar, etc.

All in all the entire thing is hilarious. Of course we end the night by going to Buffalo Wild Wings, then drinking a little more, and all of us eating.

***

I wake up the next morning without a hangover thank the lord.

We eat breakfast together and they all take care of their hangovers. I'm taking pictures of everything since I woke up, apart from the few times one of them puke.

Then I get Ma's keys and head over to Momma's house where all the girls are getting dressed. I put on my dress and get my hair curled which she then throws into a ponytail which seems redundant but it looks cute. After which I get light make up done.

I get back to my job as photographer, taking pictures of the girls as they get dressed.

Val looks absolutely beautiful, her hair gets curled and then she gets a halo braid. Momma sticks a few flowers into her braid before putting the diamond necklace around her neck.

After all the girls are dressed, the time reading 8:45, we leave and head to the venue.

It's absolutely beautiful inside. Simple but beautiful.

I take pictures of the venue and of the guests as they start to arrive.

In no time the music starts playing. Everyone takes their seats and the pastor stands under the arch. Markus walks out and stands in front of him. Five minutes later the bridal party comes out.

Lukas with Bay.
Moses with Celeste.
Trey with Val's cousin Sarah.
Aiden with her other cousin Liza.
The ring bearer, her little cousin Jackson(Jackie).
And the flower girls, Celeste's nieces, Phoebe and Francesca(Frankie).

Things go quiet. The wedding march song plays. Everyone stands. The doors are pulled open.

Val stands, arm around her father's. They slowly make their way in and Markus sucks in a deep breath.

I'm snapping as many pictures as possible as they make their way down the isle.

There are happy tears in the eyes of the bride and groom, their families along side them with similar expressions.

There ceremony begins and all the official stuff is said then Markus and Val are asked to say their vows.

"Low and behold, the day of our union has arrived. It is one thing to talk, and one thing to promise; It is one thing to imagine, and one thing to feel. It is one thing to experience, and one thing to savor. This day is one thing, the rest of our lives is another. Words can be beautiful, but it is actions that are meaningful. Memories can be relished, but new ones have to be made. The past is important, but it is to the future our lives lay. We speak volumes in all days but this beloved wedding day. Before us are those who know us well beyond our name. So it is with all meaning and sincerity; Before them, all I want and have to say is, I will love you." Markus says.

His hand comes up and he swipes the tear off of Val's cheek.

She takes a shaky breath and says," Markus, you are my best friend. Today I give myself to you. Using the true love that we share as a vessel, through the pressures of the present and the uncertaintities of our future, I can promise that you will always have my deepest love, my fullest devotion, and my most tender care. I promise to love you, to always strive to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and also when times become difficult, when our love is simple, and when things becomes complicated. I promise to honor you, and to always hold our love for each other in highest regard. These things I pledge to you today, and all the days of our life together. I Love You."

The ceremony ends with their kiss, solidifying them as husband and wife.

After I've gathered them and the wedding party our front to take photos they head straight through the building to the back for the reception.

Luckily it's a beautiful day.

I spot Jasmine as everyone makes their way outside. Reaching over I grab her hand and pull her to me.

Her hand comes to rest on my abdomen," hi there." She smiles.

I smile back," you look gorgeous."

And she does clad in a long sleeve lace crop top, form fitting rose pink knee length skirt, and white 4-inch heels.

Every curve of her body is on display and just looking at her  kills me.

"Thank you, so do you. Haven't seen you in a dress before. Pretty hot." She winks.

Not being able to help it anymore I pull her flush against my chest and kiss her. It's long and passionate, not including any tongue because there are eyes everywhere.

"Well then," she mutters breathlessly.

"I gotta get back to work but save me a dance baby." I wink, smirk, and go back to doing my job.

The next photos I take are of Markus and Val sitting, Markus with Val's dad, them dancing(which I also get a video of), people eating and socializing, and of Markus and Val cutting cake after dinner.

I sit down with my moms and grandparents to eat. We talk and they ask if I'm having fun to which I tell them absolutely. I'm doing what I love what could be more fun than that?

After I eat I stand and go to Jasmine.

"May I have this dance?" I hold my hand out.

She nods and places her hand in mine, before standing and letting me pull her on to the floor.

Her arms rest on my shoulders, around my neck, and my hands go to her waist.

"I love you." I tell her looking in her eyes.

She blushes deeply and rests her head in the crook of my neck," I love you too Emmy."

"You having fun?" I ask her.

"Yeah for sure, everything is so beautiful and I get to see you, which is always a win."

Stepping back I take her hand and spin her around.

"Ya know while I'm running around taking pictures of everything you can sit with my folks at my table, if you want." I tell her as my eyes catch the Wedding planner flagging me down.

Jasmine nods," okay."

I escort her to the table where she sits and starts talking with my parents.

The wedding planner has me record the speeches that are given, Val's dad speaks, Grandpa Nick and Grandma CeCe speak, Bay, Moses, and of course Val and Markus.

After the speeches and thank you's and dessert, people start to gather to see off Val and Markus. He takes her hand and they rush out the door to the long white limo. Rice is thrown over them as he guides them down the steps.

They step aside to say goodbye to their parents before they head off for their two week honeymoon. Tears a shed and long hugs exchanged followed by them getting into the limo.

The sunroof slides open and they take turns poking their heads and waving goodbye.

Jasmine and I ride with my moms back to my house where I proceed to pack my stuff as we have to go back to school.

I go shower and change into blue jeans and a black panther shirt. Jasmine pulls on jean shorts and my hoodie.

"Alright I'll call as soon as we get in. I love you guys." I say to my moms, hugging them both.

Momma smoothes my  hair down before hugging Jasmine.

"Drive safe girls!" Momma calls as we get into the car.

I wave before pulling off. We stop by Jasmine's Aunt and Uncles house so she can get her things then we head to the school.

"I love weddings." Jasmine says sighing happily.

A chuckle escapes my lips," you'll have one of your own soon enough."

She blushes deeply and I realize that I just insinuated that I would be marrying her. I don't take it back.

I'm 18. Too young to think about marriage but the way I feel about Jasmine right now, if it stays that way any longer I'm for sure thinking about marriage. She's the girl of my dreams.

True love prevails. And if I have that with her, since I have that with her, who knows how long we'll be together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 567 25
*BEFORE YOU READ, KNOW THIS IS A STRUGGLE BETWEEN 1RST AND 3RD PERSON. THIS IS OFFICIALLY 1RST PERSON. THIS WAS ONE OF THE FIRST STORIES I MADE ON WA...
4.8M 143K 53
Addison is gay and has a massive crush on a cheerleader at her school. A cheerleader who is supposed to be 'straight'. But as the school year progres...
Her Rock By Cheyanne

Teen Fiction

3M 63.8K 36
Ella Mae Emerson, the girl who stays hidden at all costs, the girl who likes to be alone with eyes glued to the floor, words coming out as stutters...
1.2K 68 18
After her junior year of college comes to an end, Parker heads back home for the summer fresh off a breakup. Hoping to focus on having a fun summer...