Silver Linings {A TVD Fanfic...

By xlaurynwritesx

Emmaline Flemming had an ordinary life. Well she thought it was ordinary, at least. Her mother died when she... More

Prologue
Part One
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Part Two
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Part Three
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

39

751 22 3
By xlaurynwritesx

Damon and I got back from our road trip and I felt a lot better, a lot less scared of myself. I could finally see everyone that I missed. I was grateful to him for everything he had helped me through. When he wasn't with me he was either looking for Stefan, or making sure Elena wasn't doing something to screw things up. We usually watched over Elena together, but honestly it was usually just them two fighting each other while I sat there annoyed.

Klaus didn't know she lived which we needed to make sure stayed that way. She kept trying to find Stefan or her own time though so it made it harder to keep her in check.

Dad was helping with that too. He spent some nights on Elena's couch to watch over her and Jeremy. He sort of felt obligated with her being my twin and his relationship with Jenna and all. He was surprisingly okay with Damon and I, maybe he was avoiding it. I have no doubt in my mind that my dad gave him a stern talking to though.

I had spent the next few weeks hanging out with Tyler and Caroline. Tyler at first felt bad for me but then he just accepted it. The best part was that now I could beat him at arm wrestling.

Caroline was mostly helping through it all. At first she was sort of there to make sure I could handle myself but she then became really close with Tyler too. I could tell they were both attracted to each other, even though they wouldn't admit it at all.

Matt didn't talk to me as much. It was the same with Caroline. They broke up and he seems to really hate vampires so we were out of the picture.

Today was my birthday. Elena and I's first birthday together. I told everyone I wanted a drama free day that I got to spend with my friends. Caroline was throwing a "small" party and Tyler decided to take her and I to lunch.

I got ready in a normal outfit and walked out to see my dad with a cupcake on the counter. "Happy birthday Emmie!" He said as he wrapped his arms around me.

I laughed lightly. "Thanks dad." I smiled as I hugged him back. "Did you make this?" I asked looking at the cupcake.

"3 dollars at the bakery down the street." He replied as he put a candle on it. "I know I'm chaperoning the party but I wanted to have something special for us."

"Sure your not just happy that you can technically kick me out now?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Of course not." He nodded his head jokingly as he lit the candle. He let out a laugh. "Alright come make a wish." He smiled as I walked over.

"Hmm." I thought. What could I wish for? Elena to be happy, Stefan to come back. I decided on just hoping this day would be good. I closed my eyes and blew out the candle.

I opened my eyes and looked at dad. "As much as I'd like to eat this now, I'm gonna have to save it for later. Tyler's taking me to lunch." I smiled lightly putting the cupcake in the microwave. Tyler texted me saying he was almost here.

"Alright well have a good day." He smiled lightly kissing my forehead. "I'll see you at the party."

I walked out the door and I saw Damons name pop up. I answered it. "Hello?" I asked through the phone.

"Hey." He replied with a sigh.

"Did something happen?" I asked worried.

"Yes." He replied. So much for my wish. "I'm in the bath... alone." He added as I smiled and let out a chuckle as I walked down the stairs.

"Are you now?" I asked still laughing lightly.

"I could really use a buddy. You know there's this spot on my back that I can't seem to reach-" he made noises as if he was reaching. "-yep. Still can't." He added.

I let out a sigh. "As much as I'd love to do that, I already planned to eat lunch with Tyler and Caroline." I stopped before going out the door.

"Well I guess I'll just be bored for now." He sighed lightly.

"Bye Damon." I sang lightly.

"Bye Emma." He said with a grumble but I could sense he was smirking.

I opened the door and walked out seeing Tyler getting out of his car. "Happy birthday." He smiled as he walked over to me.

He hugged me. "Thank you." I smiled lightly.

He was surprisingly okay with the whole me becoming a vampire situation. He at first, like everyone, was cautious but when he realized I would be okay around him he went back to normal, which I couldn't have been more thankful for.

"So apparently Caroline went out shopping for tonight and bought you clothes to wear tonight." He explained as he drove.

"Isn't this fine?" I asked looking at my jean and blouse combo.

"That's what I said." He smiled as I chuckled lightly. "I'm excited for tonight."

"So am I. This is the first real birthday party I've ever had. The last few have been just my dad getting me a breakfast cupcake and going to a fancy dinner which ended with a few presents." I explained.

"Speaking of, I got you something. It's in the back." He replied as I turned. I saw a stuffed elephant holding a box. I leaned back and grabbed it.

"Wow this is adorable." I smiled lightly.

"Well I heard your dad call you Emmie so Emmie meet Emmie the elephant." He said as I read the side of the tag. It was a beanie baby elephant name Emily but he crossed it out and wrote Emmie. I appreciated the effort.

"Are you comparing me to an elephant?" I asked looking to him with a raised eyebrow.

"No I just thought you'd think it was nice. I'm not the best at gifts." He replied as I shook my head.

"No this is- oh my god. Chocolate covered Oreos." I smiled as I looked at them.

"Those had a much more embarrassing story." He said as I looked to him.

"Explain." I replied as I held the elephant facing him.

"I wasn't sure if you still had taste buds after you turned or if you still liked food. In order to figure it out I asked Caroline and she laughed. In my face." He explained as I let out a soft chuckle. "Wow that makes me feel so much better."

"I'm trying to contain it." I shook my head. "It's just I can imagine that conversation." I laughed a little more.

"Whatever." He let out a laugh. "You're welcome." He smiled as I caught my breath.

"Thank you." I replied as he parked. We got out and saw Caroline walking over with a shit ton of bags and a big smile on her face.

"Line!" She smiled. "I'd hug you but I-"

"You kind of bought everything in every store in Mystic Falls." I looked at her with my lips pursed.

"Okay it wasn't my intention I just start and then it goes and goes." She replied as I let out a soft chuckle.

"If I did that I'd be dead, and I mean actually in the ground." I replied to her as we sat at a table. "So I heard you got me a dress." I smiled to her as she looked at Tyler.

"You weren't supposed to tell her! It was a surprise." She said reaching across the table as he backed away.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." He chuckled lightly as I covered my mouth laughing.

Caroline let out an agitated sigh. "Well I did and I'll give it to you tonight to try and keep some of it a surprise." She dead eyed Tyler as we both laughed.

"Yeah that's fine." I smiled to her.

Caroline looked at Tyler and thought for a moment. "You know there's something wrong with your mother." She said as I looked to her.

"Yeah she birthed him." I added as Tyler looked at me.

"I really don't know why I hang out with you." He joked smiling to me as I let out a soft chuckle.

"No it's just she keeps eyeing me. Like yesterday she did and she doesn't do it to Emma." Caroline explained as I nodded. I knew where this was going.

"Hey guys." Jeremy said walking over wearing his Mystic Grill tshirt. Elena made him get a summer job.

"Did Matt make you switch sections?" Caroline asked slightly annoyed. Jeremy purses his lips and filled out glasses. Caroline scoffed. "He thinks we are dating."

"So does my mother." Tyler added.

"So do I." I added.

"What?" Caroline asked shocked.

"What?" I asked in reply with a smile.

"We're together all the time. It's not a leap." Tyler responded with a shrug. "Especially with all the party planning." He added.

"That's crazy." Caroline laughed lightly.

"Right?" Tyler asked looking down and up a few times.

"Right?" Caroline asked looking to me.

"No comment." I grabbed my water and sipped it as I heard Jeremy let out a chuckle as he walked away.

We talked about other things the rest of the time. The party, my past parties, and then just random stuff. We finished eating and headed to the boarding house. Damon let us throw it there since it was roomy.

We went to the boarding house and there were a bunch of cheap beer packs and a note.

Just because I don't want anyone touching the expensive stuff. ~Damon

"Damon bought beer." I smiled to Caroline.

"He may be the worst person on the planet but this made him a little less worse." Caroline sighed lightly as I took a deep breath.

No one really truly liked Damon at all except dad and... well me. They only wanted him there when he was helping, especially Caroline. We just avoided talking about him all together because I knew how she felt.

Elena showed up as we were unloading all the snacks and we started talking. "What's wrong Elena?" I asked noticing she seemed peeved.

"Well other than the obvious, Damon." She sighed lightly separating chips. "I fee like every time we get a lead on Stefan he just pushes me away from finding him."

"Maybe he doesn't want to find him." Tyler said moving some beer.

"Tyler!" Caroline discouraged.

"What?" He asked defensively. "I mean didn't you say Stefan was the one that didn't want you and Damon together?" He asked as I looked at the snacks. He wasn't completely wrong, but I don't think he'd keep him away just for that.

"The only reason Stefan left with Klaus was to save him. Trust me he wants him back." Elena replied. "I just don't get why he has to be so agitating."

"But didn't he tell you that he wanted Stefan to be jealous? Maybe you two being around each other is what he wants." He shrugged.

"Tyler!" Caroline warned.

"He's not like that Ty." I shook my head.

"I mean-" Tyler started as I looked at him furrowing my eyebrows. "Okay."

"You told him about everything?" Elena asked as Caroline and I looked at each other then her.

"I'm sorry." Caroline replied.

"Don't worry about it." She pulled out her phone. "I just missed a call from Bonnie." She said before walking out.

Caroline and I turned to Tyler. "What?" He asked confused.

"Just because we tell you stuff doesn't mean you're supposed to know it." Caroline lectured.

"Not to mention repeat it to others." I added as we looked to him.

"Sorry." He replied. "I got to go if I'm gonna change and pick up Sophie in time."

"You're bringing a date? Slutty Sophie is your date?" Caroline asked crossing her arms.

"You could do better." I nodded lightly.

"What's wrong with Sophie?" He asked with a sigh. "Look it's been a little low in that department. I'm horny all the time now." He added a little hesitant.

"Ugh I know it's like everything is on overdrive." Caroline grumbled. "It's a vampire thing too."

Tyler walked over to us but more to Caroline. "It's a werewolf thing too." He replied. I turned fixing the snacks.

"Well I hope you get lucky tonight." Caroline smiled to him.

"I'll see you later." Tyler smiled to her as I turned and smiled with a wave.

He walked out and I looked to Caroline. She watched him leave. "Hmm." I said as I looked back at the chips.

"What?" She asked.

"Oh nothing." I shook my head.

"Line." She said wanting an answer. Did I forget to mention her nickname for me? I thought it was nice.

"There is sexual tension between you two and you can't convince me otherwise." I smiled lightly.

She sighed. "Let's just get the snacks out so I can give you your outfit." I chuckled and finished up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 19 7
Wanting to start anew, her mother and Anna move to a town called Mystic Falls, not knowing what dangers it holds. • • • I do not own the characters...
18.9K 484 43
Emma has had one hell of a ride - from finding out who she truly was, becoming a vampire, and sadly, loosing her dad. Now she's decided to leave ever...
279K 4.5K 44
Pt1 of the Emma Gilbert series COMPLETED -- This is a fan-fiction of the vampire diaries. Emma Gilbert is what they call me. My name is Emmilia Gil...
45.3K 916 28
You've heard of Katherine Pierce and Elena Gilbert, but do you know the story of her twin sister Veronica Gilbert. Ronnie is clueless of the supernat...