Love and Gangs

By Justcantgetenough

Good girl Anna Ramirez just wants to escape her life of gang rivalry.Where you have to be careful what colors... More

First Day
Partners
Rumour Has It
Memory Lane
Turfs
Protection
Club Heat
Trapped
DJ
Mind Games
Sisterly Advice
Caution
Unpredictiable Friendship

Girl Time

3.8K 74 9
By Justcantgetenough

© 2012 All Rights Reserved

Picture of Evan at the side ;) Yum

~+~+~

"Crap crap crap." I muttered.Where in the world were all my clean socks? It's like the world was putting up obstacles for me to be late. First I find my uniform out in the living room after going on a wild goose chase in bedroom and then my toothbrush is no where to be seen, making me resort to mouth wash alone and now I can't seem to locate any clean socks.

"Aha!" I proclaimed victorious once I found a clean pair. I needed to catch up on my washing. After putting on my socks and shoes I headed to the kitchen where I found my breakfast, most likely cold, on the kitchen table. I don't really have time to eat it seeing as I'm running late and Sonia is no where to be found, which leaves me wondering if she set up all these obstacles.

I dismissed the idea for now because I really had to get going. Once reaching the bus stop I breathed a sigh of relief. I checked my cell and saw I had a text from Courtney.

Evan just came up 2 me askin 4 u.Can u tell me wat that is about?

I shook my head at her grammar and then took some time to think about what she had text-ed. So Evan was looking for me. He probably just wanted to talk about the project but then again I didn't peg him for one to jump in on homework. So what was up with that?

I'll explain later.

I texted back. I got off at my stop and walked the rest of the way to school.The sun was high and hot even in the morning. I hoped I didn't sweat too much and arrive a mess at school. Once I did reach school my hair had become somewhat frizzy and I was forced to tie it up into a ponytail.

~+~+~

Courtney and Allison were standing by my locker when I reached school. Courtney wearing an inquisitive expression and Alison smiling warmly. I took a moment to examine the three of us, we were different in so many ways. While Courtney wasn't afraid to run her mouth and party hard, Alison was much too shy and quiet. I, well I was I guess classified as a nerd since I studied so much and usually kept to myself too, unlike Alison, my keeping to myself was for a whole other reason.

They moved aside when I reached to open my locker and I could feel Courtney's intense gaze. Nonetheless I turned to face them calmly acting unfazed by Courtney. She looked to be getting impatient and finally burst.

"Okay Anna what the hell have you and Evan got going on? Whatever it is it need to stop, now. Evan is bad news granted he's hot but that's still no excuse for being around someone like him." She spoke fast and I had to think about some things she had said.

"Okay first of all there is nothing going on between Evan and I besides a school project." I stated gaining her attention. "Secondly I have to be around him, as much as I don't want to I do." I finished.

She sighed seeming relieved by the news. "Oh good I was afraid I was going to have to slap some sense into you." she said laughing. Allison furrowed her delicately plucked eyebrows.

"Wait you have to do that project for Mr.William's class with Evan?" she asked. I nodded and sighed.

"I feel for you. It must suck being stuck with Evan as a partner, I mean if it were me I would kill myself. Well actually I would kill him if he ever dare say anything out of line and..." Courtney trailed off after seeing my face.

"Do you guys plan on doing the project at each-others houses?" Allison asked. Courtney snorted.

"More like mansion.Have you seen his 'house', I think it's part of the reason girls even deal with his fucked up personality-"

"Courtney!" Allison protested. Whether it was for swearing or what she said about Evan.

"What? You know it's true.He's loaded and," she began whispering "rumour has it Cassandra's parents are going broke. Evan's dad is the only one who could give them some kind of loan to get back on track. So what does that tell you about our dear classmates actions?" she asked smiling. I processed what she had said. So if Cassandra's parents were in need of money and Evan's dad was the only one who could give them a loan what exactly did his dad work as?

"Oh by the way Damien and Josh can't make the date today and we scheduled it to Saturday." Courtney said afterwards.

"Why not?" I asked not really that disappointed.

"Emergency football practice for the game this Thursday." she answered pouting. A loud ringing sounded through the hallways.

"Better head to class ladies." Courtney said smiling. "Oh and can you guys come to my house after school?" she asked whilst walking backwards.

"Sure." Allison responded right before walking down the hall to her class.

"I'll check with my parents." I said uncertainly. I wasn't sure they would agree plus I wanted to keep an eye on Sonia.

"I swear your like the only girl I know who needs permission from her parents to go everywhere." she said frowning. I knew Courtney's parents were hardly ever home, her mom was en-charge of holding special events and her dad worked on a top Lawyer firm, so she could go basically anywhere she wanted without asking. I, on the other hand had obligations.

"Yeah well that's my parents for you." I called after her and watch as she almost collided with a Junior.

"Yeah when am I going to get the pleasure of meeting these parents of yours?" she asked and I grimaced. It wasn't that I was ashamed of them but I knew she would probably not like where I lived.

"Uh..I gotta head to class see you at lunch." I yelled hurriedly walking away. She yelled something back but I was too pro-occupied running to class.

~+~+~

I walked into English and took my seat next to Evan whilst looking around;everyone was already talking to their partners about the project. The late bell rung and I saw the board read 'Work with partners on Project'.

"I was looking for you in the morning." Evan said after surveying my flustered state. I had ran so fast afraid of being late that my hair was probably frizzing up.

"Yeah I heard." I said getting out my supplies.

"She's an inquisitive little thing isn't she?" He asked smirking. His pretty blue eyes sparkling with amusement at my friends doings. Wait pretty?

I was too busy staring at his mouth that his question had completely by-passed me.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Your friend, Courtney? When I asked her this morning she seemed to want every detail of why I was looking for you." He said still smiling. I smiled at that, yeah that sounded like Courtney. "She doesn't seem to like me very much." He murmured.

I ignored his last comment because he should know by now most of the the females attending this school didn't like him. The ones he dumped anyway. "Why were you looking for me?" I asked now curious myself. It wasn't everyday the infamous Evan looked for me.

He shrugged.

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to come to my house to research the project instead. I just realized that my time line at the moment may be a bit busy so it would be a lot more simpler for us to work at my house." He replied. I wondered what exactly took up his time but refrain because I already had an idea of what it was. He seemed to read me and lifted his hands up.

"Oh no no no nothing like that. What I meant by busy is well," He seemed to be choosing his words. "my father is thinking about passing the family business to me and well his 'teachings' will take some of my time up. I figured if we worked at my house it would be a lot easier for us. That way I wouldn't have to leave early to go home and talk to him." he explained. I still didn't know what Evan's father worked as but nodded anyway.

"Okay," I said " but I'll need to check with my parents." I added after. He nodded and we began to work. We looked through some library books that our teacher had checked out and researched our topic. He would still occasionally comment something perverted but I didn't explode like last time because well I had learned one; that was Evan and two; I didn't really want to make a scene.

I got annoyed sure but because he seemed to be semi-working I didn't get as mad.

"See you later Annie." He called over his shoulder after the bell rang.

"Don't call me that." I said said packing up my stuff. He shrugged.

"Just remember my house this Saturday." He called. I nodded and headed out.

~+~+~

I grabbed my phone and called home after school to ask my mom if I could go to Courtney's house. I had told her about my two friends but she had yet to meet them. Being the protective mother she is I was worried she wouldn't let me go.

"Hello." She answered on the second ring. I told her the situation but added something about finishing a class project. It wasn't like I hadn't lied before but this time it just made me feel guilty for some reason. I knew she was home today so Sonia would be able to get home, that eased my guilt a little.

I crossed my fingers while she interrogated me about what time I would be home and how I would get there. If I was to go on bus I had to leave before it got dark because of the dangers. I hung up ecstatic she had let me go.

"Did your parents let you?" Courtney asked with a hopeful expression. I nodded and she jumped.

"Okay ladies to my house." She called walking to her car. People would have expected her, since she was rich, to drive some expensive car but instead she had a somewhat new four seat-er. It was a test car her parents got her to see if she could take care of a new car once they got her it. I knew she hated driving it because she always got jibes about it. Most from Cassandra since she didn't like Courtney.

We hoped in and drove the short distance to Courtney's house or rather mansion. The gate to the mansion opened letting us in and Courtney groaned once we parked.

"I swear I can't wait 'til I get a new car and this whole test is over." She said coming out.

"I think it's good of your parents to get you a test car just in case you total your new one." Allison said. Courtney looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"Oh shut up." she said but we knew she was wasn't really mad.

We went inside the luxurious house and in the kitchen.

"You guys hungry? thirsty?" Courtney asked. Allison got a water and I shook my head. Once Courtney filled up a bowl of chips and got herself some water we went upstairs to her room.

Courtney's room was lot more nicer and bigger then mine. It was a lot better furnished then mine and was a pale blue color. She had a small couch with pillows on one side of her room that had a veil over it. It reminded me of a little genie hut since it had a sort of magical feel to it. I went and sat on it while Courtney started taking off her school uniform behind a little curtain hung in her room.

"So guys the reason I wanted you guys to come was because I need to discuss something." She began.

"No duh." Allison said and Courtney gave poked her head out and playfully glared. I laughed.

"Unlike other times this time it isn't gossip." Courtney said coming out in pink shorts and a white camisole.

"Then what?" I asked stretching.

"Well I was thinking and you know how some people have so much hair yet they take it for granted and don't even do anything to it they just-" She paused. "what I meant is I was thinking of having a charity even for Locks of Love and I wanted to see if you guys could donate your hair with me." She left a breath of air out.

I raised an eyebrow. "Charity event? Isn't that something your mom usually thinks about?" I asked standing up.

Courtney nodded. "Well yeah but I was just thinking that there's other people out there who aren't as fortunate as us." She said.

"So what you want us to donate our hair?" Allison asked. Courtney smiled and nodded.

"I was thinking of doing it but I wanted all of us to do it together instead." She said. " We would so rock the pixie look." She stood up and went to face her mirror. "Especially you Al you got that shaped face that goes good with it." she complimented.

"My mom would never let me get a pixie look." I spoke out immediately. For my mom my hair was her pride and joy. I had spent years growing it and she would hardly ever let me get it cut besides a trim once and a while.

" Well you don't have to get the pixie look exactly.You have long enough hair Anna that you could get s shoulder length cut instead." She said quickly.

"I'm in." Allison said after a while. Courtney squealed and hugged her.

"Yay! What about you Anna?" Courtney turned to me. I bit my lip unsure.

"I'll have to ask my mom. She kind of has an obsession with my hair." I laughed lightly. Courtney nodded.

"Tell her it's for a good cause. I already asked my mom and she's agreed to hold a whole big gathering with most of the families from kids at school." She talked enthusiastically.

"So what got you into caring all of a sudden?" I asked. I didn't mean to imply anything bad and she seemed to think so too.

"Well.." Courtney sat down. " while I was visiting my Aunt Amelia I found this little girl there and she was so cute but she was telling me about how the wig they got her was really itchy and that her parents couldn't afford to buy one of the better ones." She started speaking low and I knew she was getting upset.

"She even complimented my hair and talked about how she used to have blond hair like me before she went into chemo." She smiled. " I just really wanted to do something for her. That's why I'm going to try to make the most of my hair and hopefully try to make a wig out of it and send to her." She finished sitting up.

"That's so sweet." Allison said.

"Yeah it really is." I agreed.

"So the charity event won't be held until next week on a Saturday. It's going to be a ball theme so you'll need to wear fancy dresses.Can you guys make it?" she asked hopefully.

"I'll see but I'll definitely try my hardest to make it." I vowed. I wasn't sure where I would get a fancy enough dress for the event. The best I could do was a cheap one sold downtown.

"Yeah me too." Allison said.

~+~+~

We spent the rest of the day talking about the plans for the charity event and who would attend. Courtney complained about how Cassandra's parents were also attending but she would suck it up for the little girl.

"You sure you don't want Rodger to take you?" Courtney asked for the billionth time. I declined because even if she knew where I lived there would be to many questions raised when I arrived in a brand new car to my home. The only time people in my neighborhood where associated with rich people was if they were selling them drugs or there bodies and I definitely didn't want to seem like a slut.

"Just have him drop me off at the school and I'll walk from there." I said. It would take hours for me to walk home from Courtney's house so I would accept the ride to school but father then that not.

~+~+~

I contemplated going to Sonia's room and talking to her about yesterday but decided against. I didn't want to make a big fuss about because I had a feeling she would rebel even more.

I had arrived home safely with not to many dangerous encounters. I had a few druggies come up to me asking if I wanted to buy some drugs. After declining I had taken a different route.

Once reaching home I had done my first half of the rough draft for the project and texted Güero about Sonia. He wan't very happy about it but couldn't do anything at the moment since he was 'busy'. I didn't know what he could have been doing and really didn't want to know.

Courtney called to talk about her and Josh's blooming relationship and I tried to be as encouraging as I could. After a while she noticed my lack of interest because of my one word answers and we hung up. I found myself being bored after finishing all my work. I wondered what Evan was doing. Not that I really cared, I thought just out of curiosity. Maybe we should exchange numbers now since we were working on a project and would need to call each other to set up meetings.

The next day Evan did just that when I arrived to English.

"What?" I asked after a while. I was going to ask him first but he had cut me off before I could.

"I think we should exchange phone numbers." He said leaning back in his chair exposing his chest. He had his school uniform on but had ac-costumed it to his style. The tie at his neck was loose and he wasn't wearing his jacket leaving his white under shirt rolled up to his elbows. I had to avert my eyes quickly because it had dawned on me that I was checking him out.

"Umm yeah sure." I said once I sat down by him. I was beginning to get a little hot from our close proximity. Instead I looked down to, what must be, his new converse. Unlike the our clothes we were allowed to wear causual shoes.

"Nice shoes." he looked at me and grinned.

"Thanks." He said and then leaned next to me to grab the sheets I had finished yesterday. His arm grazed my chest and I gasps from the contact. I had my shirt opened more today from the heat. He didn't seemed fazed reading my paper.

Unlike yesterday today we did regular old work but still sat at our new seats with our partners. There seemed to be a lot of incidents where Evan 'accidently' touched me and by the end of the period I was almost sure it was on purpose.

The bad thing though was I wasn't sure if I hated it.

~+~+~

Is that long? I hope so took me ages but oh well it's up. Might make the next 4 pages or longer.Might.

Vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 629 57
"Why do the good girls always get the bad boys" "Not anymore love. Good is overrated." ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••...
285 2 15
-Hailey reddy This is basically about a girl who moves to another country and has no friends and doesn't really fit in with the "popular crowd" like...
61.9K 1.1K 73
A girl with a bad attitude meets mafia man. (This story is over but I am updating with new chapters every once in a while)
2.8K 85 15
Felicity has a tough life. With an abusive father, a mother who abandoned her, and a brother in the army, her life is never calm. She's always stuck...