Groom For Rent [ ziam au ]

By 01film

Meet Zayn Malik; the only grandson of the most popular actress, which he calls his Nana. Turning 21, he t... More

[ a/n ]
ⓟⓡⓞⓛⓞⓖⓤⓔ

5.8K 342 114
By 01film

[ Normal | Third Person ]

Liam hummed as he shrugged off his clothes and stepped into the shower.

However, on the other side of the door, Zayn rubbed his eyes and went in the same bathroom.

When Zayn opened his eyelids, his eyes immediately went downwards and widened in shock as Liam, who was facing the other way, rinsed his hair before looking in the mirror attached on the wall in front of him.

"Wh-," Liam turned around and gasped but stopped halfway and yelled, "Get out, you pervert!"

"Ah, okay. Okay." Zayn babbled, still not averting his eyes there but went out of the bathroom.

But he opened it again, keeping his hand on the knob before he looked back and forth between south and Liam's horrified expression and snapped back, "Why didn't you lock the door in the first place?!"

Liam noticed his spouse eyeing him so he covered his bits before yelling back, "I already told you that the lock was busted for days!"

"But you didn't fix it at all! Fucking hell, stop looking at me!" Liam cried in embarrassment when he noticed that Zayn was still looking at his body.

"Okay, okay, okay." Zayn apologized as he closed the door and finally left the room.

"I feel so molested." Liam whimpered, feeling the urge to cry.

--

Zayn halted and gestured his spouse to the way of his desk with a smug grunt while Liam walked with his arms wrapped around himself.

When their eyes connected, Zayn just winked with a smirk while Liam growled, "Stop it."

"There he is!" Louis stood from his office chair and greeted Liam before following him to Zayn's desk, "Happy first weeksary, Mr. Payne-Malik."

Then Harry followed, but for not the similar reason, "Zayn, where is the cheque for the week? It's the first week, right?" he asked, "The lawyer is fixing it. Chill, Harry." Zayn retorted.

"I'm sorry Zayn, but I can't chill. The client keeps calling me about the ad, and I don't know what to say to them anymore." Harry spat, while Liam looked between them uncomfortably.

"You know what? I'm just going to meet up with Uncle Tom and tell him the truth." Harry crossed his arms, ignoring Louis' stop it nudge, "We can't go to him, because if we do, we'll lose the account for sure." Zayn sent the younger lad an annoyed stare.

"I'll do something about it, okay?" Zayn ran his hand on his face, "Zayn, no, I'm done! Deal with this yourselves!" Harry threw his arms up and left the office.

"Harry!" Louis called after him, but didn't move from his place, "Zayn, maybe Harry is right." Liam finally decided to speak.

"Maybe if you tell Uncle Tom-," Liam continued but got cut off, "You don't have any say in this, so you shut your mouth." Zayn held an impassive expression on his face as he said that.

"Oh," Liam murmured before hearing his phone's ringtone, "It's Pops! Both of you, keep quiet!" he composed himself and made hushing sounds as he distanced himself from the two.

"Ladies and gents, quiet please! Chinese only!"

"Hi Pops. Why'd you call? I'm at work right now." Liam queried worriedly, "Liam, Luke's at the hospital right now." Geoff averred, sighing because he was asking his son for another request.

"Why? What happened?" the loudness of Liam's voice made Louis look at him, "Your nephew jumped from the table while playing with Tyler a while ago. He broke his leg, so he needs surgery." Geoff explained with another sigh.

"We have money, but it isn't enough." Geoff stated with shame, "It's okay. I'll...take care of it. I'll send you money as soon as I can." Liam bit his lip and ruffled his hair.

"Thank you so much, Liam."

After hanging up, Liam went back to the desk, "Louis?" he called hesitantly since he wasn't sure if Zayn would like it or not.

"What's wrong, Liam?" Louis asked with a reassuring smile, "Can I ask you a favor?" Liam inquired, slipping his phone in his pocket.

"Hit me with it."

--

[ Zayn ]

"When you get in there, just look for Geoff Payne." Liam fretted for the millionth time, "And I already texted them that my boss is in England."

"Don't worry, we got this." Louis patted Liam's shoulder before we went out and entered the hospital.

Somehow, I agreed to come with the two of them here.

Minutes later, we found ourselves face to face with the Payne family.

"Thank you." Liam's dad, Geoff bowed his head a bit before Louis pretended to translate it to my ear, snickering lightly.

"Liam told us that you were strict, please don't give him a hard time." Geoff sent me a frown before Louis whispered to me again.

"Excuse me, but our boss is so kind and obedient and your son told you was not true." Louis replied randomly, making me smile and nod as a confirmation to support the statement, but he and I know that it was clearly a lie.

"Okay then. Your boss seems a pretty good guy, please tell him that we're grateful to him for helping us out. Liam is the only person we can rely on for the time being." Geoff retorted with a slight grin, "And he loves us so much. This is the first time in his life that he is away from us."

I was pretty sure that my smile faded by now.

--

[ Normal | Third Person ]

"Please tell your boss that we thank you for helping us." Geoff stated to Louis just as Liam saw them walking out of the hospital, making him push his upper body out the window and wave at them.

"Pops!" Liam called, waving his arm around before Zayn noticed him and made Geoff, Nicola and Ruth turn around while he chuckled nervously.

Zayn handed Louis his phone and the latter quickly caught on, "He says he want to take a picture with you." Louis spoke with a nod.

"Alright." Geoff agreed as Louis opened Zayn's phone, "Okay. One, two, three." the phone clicked, "One more. The three only." Zayn rose the pitch of his voice and did a random accent as he pointed at Liam's relatives.

Zayn aimed the camera at them and clicked, closing it before seeing Liam sign something to him, Tell them I love them very much.

Zayn murmured it to Louis, who nodded and spoke, "I love you very much."

Louis got a kick in his shin, "Ah, I meant that Liam loves you very much. He asked me to tell you that."

"We also love him very much." Nicola replied, a sad smile forming on her lips.

Liam signed again, I want to see them so badly.

"When he has enough money, he will buy a pair of contact lenses so he can see you." Louis was the one who saw the actions and translated wrongly, "Is his eyesight poor?" Ruth questioned her dad.

Don't forget to drink your medicine.

Louis was about to speak again, but the raven hurriedly stopped him and unlocked his phone again, "I call your son for you." Zayn dialed Liam, "Your father wants to talk to you." Zayn handed the phone to Geoff.

"Pops, hi, oh my gosh, I miss you so much!" Liam immediately cried, "Just... just call me if you need anything. I'm here for you, yeah?" Zayn craned his neck and saw Liam inside the car wiping his tears.

"I know, son." Geoff smiled as he heard his son's voice, "Pops, but I have one request." Liam sniffled, using his sleeve as a tissue.

"Sure, anything." Geoff furrowed his eyebrows, "That only?" he gave the phone to one of his daughters before wrapping his arms around Zayn, who didn't expect the action.

"Deliver the hug to my son, okay?" Geoff said and pulled away, "Hey bro, us too." Nicola and Ruth did the same before Geoff took the phone back and bid farewell, "Take care, Liam. We love you."

"You too, Pops. I love you all too." Liam hanged up.

--

[ Zayn ]

When I went in the car, Liam immediately latched onto me and buried his nose on my neck before sniffing me, making my face warm up.

"It's Pop's scent. My sisters' too." he squeaked reminiscently, his lips pressing against the spot beneath my earlobe and both of my cheeks as he continued sniffing me before he froze and blushed.

Then Liam exhaled sharply, pulling away and started fiddling with his thumbs while I pressed my lips into a thin line as I tried to ignore the fast beating of my heart before hearing Louis whistle, "Awkward."

"Um, t-thank you for giving the money to my family." Liam was facing the window when he spoke before my lips curled upwards into a small smile involuntarily.

Then my phone beeped.

"Shit!" I yelled when I read the text from Uncle Tom which said, Harry is here.

"Harry went to Uncle Tom!" I tossed my phone to Liam and stepped on the pedal on the way to Uncle Tom's company.

- xx -

Author's Note:

It's been 24 days since the last update.

My apologies. :(

Hope you enjoyed this one tho!

6 / 28 / 14

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64K 2.3K 24
"I want him right now. Even when you have to travel all around the world, go for it and get him right in front of me." Zayn screamed. "Yes, sir." The...
2.3K 31 20
It was a chance meeting and now he's become a permanent part of Michelle's life. She doesn't know how to separate his crazy career from the boy she...
73.1K 4K 45
#BackForYou Liam James Payne heir of the Payne industry.. Though he was born in a rich family, he was a very down to earth person and from his very c...
150K 8.6K 125
[{Final book in the Zayn Malik Sickfic series}] It's been another year. The boys have been extremely busy working on their fifth album. Now that it's...