anon // newtmas au

By bookara

thomas' senior year has been uneventful and boring, well that is until he receives an anonymous message from... More

intro
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
epilogue
end

chapter twelve

12.5K 473 3.2K
By bookara

     "Tom!" Teresa screamed as she practically threw herself on him.

     "Woah hello to you too." Thomas laughed as he wrapped his arms around his best friend.

     "You look hot! Like seriously hot! You even did your own hair!" Teresa was grinning as she pulled herself off him. "Newt's gonna die."

     "Stop it." Thomas could feel himself blushing. "You look gorgeous yourself T."

     Teresa smiled, spinning around in her dark blue prom dress. She did look gorgeous. Her black hair was curled, falling on her shoulders. He didn't know much about makeup, but he knew she had some on.

     Thomas tried hard to look decent, he put gel in his hair, sprayed some stupid cologne on himself and bought a nice tux. He felt kinda awkward, but excited at the same time.

     "Minho's coming over with Ben and Newt soon."

     "Did Gally end up asking Sonya?"

     Teresa nodded. "Yeah! He actually did! She said yes too. Aris is coming in a few, he's bringing Brenda's date."

     "I'm the first one here?"

     Teresa nodded as she sat down on the couch. "This is all so weird."

     "What is?" Thomas asked as he sat next to her.

     "Just everything. We're all almost adults, we're graduating soon, This is our senior prom."

     He reached over and squeezed her hand. "Yeah, but then we get to start a whole new chapter."

     "Yeah you're right." She looked up at him. "Promise me you won't forget me?"

     "Are you serious T? I'm gonna FaceTime you every night."

     Teresa's smiled, squeezing his hand again before letting go. "Yeah okay, I'd like that."
The doorbell rang then, making Teresa smirk. "I bet that's your boy."

     Thomas felt his stomach twist. He was off the couch before he could even think about it. He opened the door, immediately being met with Minho's face.

     Minho wolf whistled. "Goddamn Thomas! Newt's gonna pitch a tent."

      Thomas ducked his head. "Stop."

     Minho clasped his hands together, pulling up the blonde boy behind him. "You remember Ben right?"

     Thomas nodded, smiling slightly. "Hey Ben."

     Minho pushed his way into the house, pulling Ben in behind him by his hand. "I'm gonna introduce him to Teresa, you can drool over Newt while we're gone."

     Thomas' eyes finally fell on Newt. He was at the bottom of the porch steps, fidgeting in his wheelchair. His hair was combed back out of his eyes for once and he had on a black tux. He looked breathtaking.

     Thomas grinned and made his way down the porch. "Well hello there sexy."

     Newt smiled back. "Bloody hell Tommy, look at you."

     "Who did your hair?" Thomas asked, sitting on the bottom step to get eye level with him.

     "Min did, he promised it looked good. Is it stupid?" Newt asked, crewing on his bottom lip.

     "Fuck no. It's hot as hell."

     "Speaking of hot as hell..." Newt trailed off as he stared at Thomas, licking his lips.

     "Shut up."

     "I'm not sure if I just wanna stare at you a bit or kiss you."

     Thomas rolled his eyes. "You're a dork. Wanna come inside?"

     "Can't get up the stairs Tommy." He gestured to his wheelchair. "Forgetting this thing?"

     Thomas stood up, dusting off his pants. "We'll go in through the garage, T and I set up a ramp yesterday."

     Newt's expression softened. "You did that for me?"

     Thomas nodded and went around to grab the handles of Newt's wheelchair. "You act like you mean nothing to any of us."

     "Did you see Ben actually came?" Newt asked, changing the subject.

     "Yeah I did. Minho looked really happy."

     "Probably cause they've been bangin like rabbits since his plane landed."

     Thomas laughed as he pushed Newt to the wooden ramp he and Teresa had set up the day before. It was kinda flimsy and a little rickety, but it worked.

     Thomas opened the door before pushing Newt up the ramp and into Teresa's kitchen. He wheeled the chair into the living room where everyone was gathered.

     "There's my favorite gays!" Brenda exclaimed happily as she raised her drink in direction of them. She had on a white dress that was somehow a mix of slutty and elegant.

     "Hey Bren." Thomas smiled as he parked Newt's wheelchair next to the couch. He sat down on the end, not wanting to leave Newt's side.

     "Hey everyone." Newt waved to the group before reaching his hand over and intertwining it with Thomas'.

     "Doesn't he look hot?" Minho piped up, gesturing to Newt. "Courtesy of me."

     "Shut up Minho." Newt rolled his eyes.

     "I think you look hot," Ben said as he winked at Minho, making Newt fake vomit.

     "Relax Newt it's not like you aren't groping Tommy-boy every chance you get." Minho retorted as he pulled Ben closer to him.

     "Well look at him. I can't help it." Newt smirked as Teresa nodded in agreement.

     The doorbell rang, making Brenda jump up. "That's probably everyone else. I'll get it."

     "Why's she so excited?"

     "Her mystery date is here."

     "With Aris right?" Thomas asked, looking over at Teresa who was fixing her hair.

      "When does the limo thing get here?" Minho asked as he lamely fake stretched to put his arm around Ben's shoulders.

    "In like a half hour I think."

    Brenda returned with Sonya, Gally, Aris and Harriet who she was hand in hand with.

    Teresa whistled and stood up to nudge Brenda's shoulder. "I shoulda guessed."

    They all piled onto the couch and floor, waiting for the limo.

    Suddenly Gally laughed from his spot on the floor next to Sonya.

    "What's so funny?"

    "This is so weird. A few months ago barely any of us talked to each other and now we're all spending our senior prom together. We're such a weird group and it all happened because Newt somehow found something attractive about Thomas over there."

    Minho laughed too, tracing shapes on Ben's shoulder with his fingertips. "He's right. I never thought I'd voluntarily be hanging out with any of you besides Newt and Ben of course."

     "I never pictured myself getting Teresa to say yes to me." Aris shrugged as he adjusted his grip on Teresa's hips.

     "I never thought I'd get the nerve to actually talk to Tommy in person." Newt shrugged.

     "Really, this is all because of them," Teresa said as she pointed to Newt and Thomas.

     Minho grinned and nodded his head. "Let's have an imaginary toast to Newtmas."

     "I'm sorry what did you just call us?" Newt asked, looking at Minho in disgust.

     "Newtmas you know, like Newt and Thomas? It's your names smushed together."

     "You're revolting." Newt rolled his eyes at him which just made everyone laugh and belt out a chorus of "to newtmas".

     The horn sounded outside causing Teresa to clasp her hands together excitedly. "That's the limo guys. Are you ready to go?"

     Everyone nodded and started moving toward the front door. Thomas took Newt through the garage, rolling his chair back down the ramp.

     "I mean it Tommy," Newt said as he tipped his head back. "You look fuckin sexy."

     Thomas smiled and stopped to lean down to peck his lips which was awkward and weird since Newt was practically upside down. "I meant it too. The hairs really doin it for me right now."

     Newt snorted out a laugh as they exited the garage and made their way down the driveway. "Minho said, and I quote, 'it'll drive him fuckin crazy'."

     "Well he wasn't wrong. I kinda just wanna put my hands all over you."

Newt just shook his head as Thomas parked his chair next to the open door of the limo. Sonya helped Newt get in while Thomas folded up the wheelchair and stored it in the strangely huge trunk.

     Thomas sat next to Newt in the limo, resting his hand on his thigh and rubbing his thumb back and forth on Newt's dress pants. He looked around the group as the limo started to move. Gally was sitting next to Sonya, a respectable distance between the two but by the way Gally was fidgeting Thomas could tell he was nervous. Teresa was almost on Aris' lap, he was looking at her with such a pure expression it almost made Thomas want to hug him. Ben and Minho were making out, he was pretty sure Minho was trying to swallow Ben, but they kept smiling into the kiss which made it kinda cute. Harriet and Brenda were casually talking, their knees knocking together slightly, Thomas kinda felt like a bad friend for not picking up on the signs but he was happy for her, they looked good together. Lastly, he looked at Newt. He could fully see his pretty eyes due to his hair being pushed back. He was watching Thomas' fingers on his thigh, flinching slightly when Thomas brushed over a sensitive spot. He was breathtaking, his heart jumped in his chest whenever he looked at him.

     "It's not polite to stare Tommy."

     Thomas just grinned and leaned closer to him. "I'm not allowed to stare at my own boyfriend?"

     "You can stare if plan on kissing him."

     Thomas just snorted out a laugh before pressing their lips together. His heart pounded in his chest as he kissed the boy who made him dizzy by just saying his name. As their mouths moved together Thomas realized that Gally was right, their group was weird, all of them were weird but if this was considered "weird" then Thomas didn't want to be normal. He'd take his oddly sexy boyfriend, loud but sweet best friend, unfairly hot boyfriend's ex boyfriend wingman and the rest of the misfits over normal anyday.

***

     "You're not having fun," Thomas blurted out as he watched Newt pick at his almost empty plate with his fork.

     "I am having fun," Newt said sounding totally unconvincing.

     "What's wrong?" Thomas asked, scooting his chair closer to Newt.

     Newt sighed and looked up at him. Thomas felt his heart break when he saw Newt's eyes were rimmed with tears.

     "I wanna dance with you. I wanna grind on you to those dumb rap songs. I wanna do the stupid bloody slow dancing shit. I wanna hold your hand and let you put your head on my shoulder when the same Ed Sheeran song plays for the fifth time." Newt wiped his eyes hard, sniffling. "You don't deserve this, you deserve to go to prom with someone who can walk."

     Thomas put his hand on his cheek, wiping away the tears with his thumb. "Newt stop, don't say that. I wouldn't be having fun if I was here with anyone else."

     "Look how much fun they're having." Newt huffed, pointing to their group of friends on the dance floor. Minho was grinding ridiculously on Ben, both of them in hysterics. Sonya and Gally were doing some weird type of dance with Brenda and Harriet while Teresa and Aris videoed them.

     "You're never gonna get that with me Tommy. I'm never gonna be normal, I'm gonna be stuck in this chair my entire life."

     "I don't want normal Newt, I want you."
Newt blinked his eyes hard, causing more tears to roll down his cheeks.

     Thomas' expression softened. "Come on Newt don't cry."

     "I'm not crying." Newt grumbled as he sniffled.

     "We're gonna leave," Thomas said as he stood up and pushed his chair in.

     "No Tommy, stop."

     "We'll go somewhere else, I have an idea."
Thomas sent a text to Teresa, explaining where they went before grabbing the handles on Newt's wheelchair and pushing him through the gym and out the school.

     They started down the sidewalk. It wasn't dark yet but it was getting there, the sun starting to drop in the sky. It was cool out, the wind was just barely there but Thomas was comfortable in his tux. He could hear Newt sniffling as he pushed him down the sidewalk. His head was down in his hands, hiding his face from everyone. They walked in silence, Thomas letting Newt cry, he knew nothing he could say would make the boy feel less insecure.

     Thomas pushed until they got to the park by the high school. Newt looked up when Thomas stopped, rubbing his eyes hard.

     "Why are we at the park Tommy?"

     "We're gonna have our own prom."

     "You can't push me across the grass Tommy."

     "There's a path."

     Newt sighed as Thomas started to push again, making his way toward the dirt path and trying to push the wheelchair across the uneven dirt. Needless to say, it wasn't going well.

     "This is so much worse," Newt mumbled as Thomas stopped and gave up.

     "You said your leg doesn't hurt to touch right?"

     Newt shrugged. "Not usually."

     "Okay then get on my back."

     "No."

     "Why not?"

     "Because I wanna go home."

     Thomas pouted, squatting down and taking Newt's hands in his own. "Please? For me."

     "That's not fair. You know I can't say no to that."

     Thomas smiled and turned around, staying squatted. It was messy and dysfunctional but Newt finally got on his back, wrapping his legs around his waist and his arms around his neck. His chin was on the top of Thomas' head whose hands were locked under his thighs.

     "See not so bad right?"

     Newt just huffed, wrapping his arms around Thomas tighter. "Im sorry Tommy."

     "What are you sorry for?"

     "Getting upset, ruining prom."

     "Newt stop." Thomas started walking along the path, looking at the fountain in the middle and the few benches scattered around the grassy areas.

     "I like this more," Newt admitted softly.

     "Yeah I do too."

     "Can you go to the after prom party without me?"

     "You don't wanna go?"

     Thomas could feel Newt shaking his head. "I just wanna go home Tommy."

     "Do you wanna come to my house? My parents are out again. You could spend the night."

     "I don't want you to skip the party."

     "I'd rather spend time with my date."

     Newt huffed, moving his head to bury it in Thomas' neck. "I don't deserve you."

     "Shut up."

     Thomas made his way over to one of the benches, carefully putting Newt down on the bench before pulling his phone out of his pocket.

     "Tommy what are you doing?"

     "It's not Ed Sheeran, but it works." Thomas smiled softly at him before turning on one of his favorite songs, The Night We Met by Lord Huron.

     Newt opened his mouth to say something, but stopped when Thomas picked him up, holding him against his chest with his arm under his legs.

     Newt wrapped his arms around Thomas again, putting his head on his shoulder. Thomas swayed them to the beat of the song, humming along softly.

     He looked up when he felt wetness on his forehead. Of course it had to start raining now. Thomas laughed softly. "Mother nature must hate me, she's trying to ruin that sexy hair of yours."

     "I love you."

     Thomas froze instantly, looking at the blonde boy in his arms. "I'm sorry what?"

     "I love you Tommy."

     "Really?"

     "Can you say it back please so I can stop feeling like I'm going to throw up?" Newt mumbled against Thomas' shirt.

     "Oh my god yes Newt, I do love you. I love you too. I love you I love you I lo-"

     Newt laughed and it sounded so happy Thomas kinda wanted to propose to him right there.

    It was raining harder at that point, they could clearly feel the water on their skin.
The song was halfway over. His phone was probably getting soaked but he didn't care. He loved a boy who loved him back. Thomas kinda wanted to stand on the bench and scream.

     "I do wanna sleepover," Newt said against his skin, sending shivers down his spine.

     "We can uber home."

     Newt was quiet for a moment before he cleared his throat. "I wanna sleepover but I don't wanna sleep."

     "Um okay then what do yo...wait oH."

     Newt laughed softly, pulling himself closer to Thomas' body. His hair was starting to drip back into his eyes and their tuxes were getting wet but Thomas had never been happier in his life.

     The song ended, a moment of silence played before the next song in the playlist come on. Thomas grinned and quickly put Newt back down on the bench.

     "Tommy don't you dare."

     Thomas smirked, unbuttoning the button on his tux and belting out the lyrics. "YOU'RE INSECURE, DON'T KNOW WHAT FOR."

     Newt tried to look revolted but he couldn't keep the smile off his face.

     Thomas ripped the overcoat off, tossing it to Newt who shook his head. "YOU'RE TURNING HEADS WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE DOOR-OR-OR."

     "You are not fucking stripping in the park Tommy."

     Thomas dramatically spun around, pulling his tie over his head.

     Newt covered his face with his hands, slightly separating his fingers so he could still peek through them.

     Thomas was dramatically singing, it was horrible and off key but Newt couldn't stop laughing so he counted it as a win.

     When it got to the chorus, he started unbuttoning his undershirt, working on them slowly.

     "I can't believe you right now, you're stripping in a park to One Direction."

     "I'm trying to not get hypothermia Newt...BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE, THE WAY THAT YOU FLIP YOUR HAIR GETS ME OVERWHELMED."

     Newt was shaking his head and biting his lip to stop from laughing. Thomas pulled the shirt all the way off, throwing it at Newt again.

     "You better stop there." Newt warned, looking around to make sure no one else had come to the park.

     Thomas nodded, putting his hands on his hips. "I'm done. Did my seduction technique work?"

     Newt stared at him, watching the raindrops roll off his chest. He licked his lips and reached over to Thomas' phone, turning off the music. Then he opened up to the camera, the sound clicking as he took a picture.

     "Really?"

     "Couldn't help it."

     Thomas sat next to him, taking the phone and flipping the screen. "Smile dork."

     Newt smiled at the screen, Thomas hovered his thumb over the camera button, turning and kissing Newt's cheek before pressing it.

     "Wait do another one."

     Thomas got set again, but this time Newt turned his head, pressing their lips together. The camera click went off making Thomas smile into it.

     "Can we go home now?" Newt whispered' his nose still close enough to brush against Thomas'.

    "Yeah."

     "You gotta carry me back to the chair."

     "I know."

     "You're gonna do it shirtless?"

     "Do you want me to?"

     "Yes please."

***

    "Bloody hell Tommy," Newt breathed out as Thomas bit and sucked on his exposed neck.
Thomas' shirt never got put back on which made for a really awkward uber ride, but Newt seemed not to mind. As soon as they got in the house, Thomas was picking Newt up and pressing him against the wall. He locked his legs around his waist, letting the wall support most of his weight.

     "Have I ever told you how hot you are?" Thomas muttered against his skin before finding a new spot to suck on.

     Newt hummed, tipping his head back against the wall, giving Thomas better access.

     Thomas pressed him tighter against the wall, making Newt groan. "Tommy, leg."

     "What?" Thomas pulled back instantly, looking adorably confused.

     "Can we go somewhere else, this isn't doing wonders for my leg."

     "Yeah yeah of course." Thomas pecked his lips sweetly before going in the direction of the bedroom. He dropped Newt on the bed, staring at him for a couple seconds.

     "You should take your shirt off."

     "Oh you think so?"

     Thomas nodded. "I can't be the only half-naked one here."

     "Fine." Newt undid his overcoat, tossing it to the side before pulling off the tie and his button down.

     He crossed his arms over his chest. "Happy now?"

     "Halfway."

     Newt scoffed as Thomas crawled on top of him, making sure to support his weight on his elbows.

     "You're not gonna kill me you know that right?"

     Thomas lightly patted his hip. "I don't wanna hurt you."

     Newt hooked his legs around Thomas' waist, smirking up at him. "There, out of the way."

     "You'll tell me if it hurts?"

     Newt nodded before pulling Thomas down to kiss him. It started off slow, their lips moving together at an agonizing pace.

     Thomas couldn't control himself and before long he was pushing his tongue into Newt's mouth and moving his hips against the blonde boy's.

     Thomas was palming Newt through his dress pants, making the boy squirm and whine underneath him.

     When Thomas went to grab the waistband of Newt's pants, Newt suddenly stiffened and shoved Thomas off.

     "Tommy. Tommy stop."

     Thomas sat back instantly, his hair a mess from where Newt was pulling at it. "Shit what did I do? I'm sorr-"

      Newt sighed, covering his face with his hands. "You didn't do anything."

     "Do you not want to do this?"

     "No. I really do."

     Thomas scrunched his face up. "I'm confused."

     "I don't want you to see my leg Tommy."

     "What?"

    "It's messed up, covered in scars from the surgeries. Definitely a boner killer." Newt wouldn't look at him. His chest was still heaving up and down, his skin slightly sweaty.

    Thomas gently grabbed his face, forcing their eyes to meet. "Newt. Absolutely nothing about you is a boner killer...as you can clearly see." Thomas motioned to the tent in his own pants.

    "No one's ever seen it before," Newt whispered.

    "Is that why you never let me do anything to you?"

     Newt nodded.

     "You know what I think?"

     Newt looked at him, silently urging him to continue.

     "I think that you're crazy to think anything is going to make me less attracted to you."

     "It's bloody disgusting."

     Thomas pretended to think for a moment. "Hm that's interesting."

     "What?"

      "I still want to fuck you after you said that, it's almost like I don't care because you could have eight legs and still be the hottest thing I've ever seen."

     Newt smiled then, his lips tugging up and pulling across his face. "You're such a dork."

     "And you have no faith in me." Thomas got off Newt, sitting next to him. "Come on, let's see."

     Newt leaned up on his elbow, looking at Thomas. "You can't laugh."

     "You really think I would?"

     Newt shook his head before taking a deep breath and pulling his pants off. He kicked them off the bed, leaving him in just his boxers.
Thomas immediately noticed his skin. It was slightly paler than the rest of his body, like he never wore anything other than pants outside. Newt wasn't lying, his right leg was covered in scars. The biggest one was jagged down the side. There was another one under his knee, it swooped up around his kneecap. There was a smaller one down his shin and another closer to his hip.

     "Can you say something please?" Newt practically whimpered.

     Thomas bit his lip. "Still hot."

     "What?"

     "You are still hot."

     "Yeah?" Newt looked at him, insecurity flashing across his face.

     "Definitely yeah." Thomas ran his fingertips across the scar on the side of his leg, making Newt flinch. "Sorry."

     "Don't be, just didn't expect it."

     "It doesn't hurt at all?"

     Newt shook his head. "Not when you do that. Feels kinda weird though."

     They were quiet for a moment, Thomas continuing to brush his fingers across the soft scarred skin on Newt's leg. "You still wanna do it?"

     Newt looked at him in amusement. "Do it Tommy, really? That's your word choice."

     Thomas rolled his eyes, getting back on top of him. Newt hooked his legs back around Thomas' waist, playing with his hair.

     "Is this a yes?"

     Newt nodded, smiling softly. "Yeah Tommy, we're good."

     Right as Thomas leaned back down to kiss him, he heard the front door slam open.

     Thomas jumped, turning in direction of the bedroom door. "What the fuck?"

     "Thomas!" He heard someone call from the living room.

     "Bloody hell." Newt groaned, shoving his head back into the pillow. "It's Minho."

     "Why is he here? And how did he get in?"

     "We forgot to lock the door and he's probably worried about me because we left."

     Thomas rolled his eyes, but sat up, cupping his hands around his mouth. "MINHO GET THE FUCK OUT, I'M GETTING LAID."

     Newt smirked and made an obscene moaning sound, forcing Thomas to cover his mouth with his hand to stop from laughing.

     "Oh my god go, Teresa gO!" He heard Minho shout as the front door slammed again.

     Newt was laughing so hard, he could barely breathe.

     "Now talk about a real boner killer," Thomas said as he turned back to look at Newt. His hair was a mess still slightly wet from the rain. His boxers were bunched up around his upper thighs, not leaving much to the imagination. He was smiling, his laughter slowly dying down. Thomas' chest physically hurt.

     "There you go staring again." Newt pointed out, a teasing expression on his face.

    "I love you." Thomas blurted out again, taking Newt by surprise. It felt good to say it now that he could whenever he wanted.

     Newt regained his composure quickly, his mouth pulling into a sexy smirk. "Prove it then."

     Thomas couldn't get his pants off fast enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.9K 2.1K 27
Newt has a snobby, rich family that never leaves him alone about his love life. It's not that he doesn't have one- oh he does. His family is just fu...
7.1K 166 26
❝I only speak when necessary.❞ ❝So when will it be necessary to talk to me?❞ - π“π‡πŽπŒπ€π’ π„πƒπˆπ’πŽπ didn't ever believe he would have to tutor...
155K 5K 40
It's been almost a year since they got to the safe haven, but Thomas can't heal. He reads Newt's letter everyday, once in the morning and once in th...
311K 5.3K 36
I made a newt x reader, so thought I'd do a Thomas one too:) enjoy x Mature/sexual themes x Most impressive rankings 1-#mazerunner 1-#thomas 1-#glade