Sold To The Gangleader

By Aliyamz

Eight Years Ago "Mom.." I say with a small smile on my face. My sister had passed her first music lesson and... More

Prologue
Characters Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Q&A
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Cast for Matt, Jack, Luca
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89

Chapter 33

86.4K 2.9K 866
By Aliyamz

Layla's POV

"Layla." I hear Donald's soft voice.

"Yes?" I croak out, my throat extremely dry.

"Foods ready."

"Wait." I stare at the mirror with a brush in my hand. I have deep eye bags that are big enough to store groceries and my skin is extremely pale- both from lack of sleep.

I squeeze the foundation on to my hand and quickly brush it on to my face. Ugh. I'm only wearing this so Donald and them don't ask questions. Yes. that's how bad my skin is looking right now.

I've been a mess since I saw Jack and it's only been five days. Gosh I'm getting so weak. Wish I could turn back time to the good old days, when my mama- hit me and I never gave a bloomin ish!

A minute later Donald grows impatient and starts knocking on the door.

"One minute." I quickly finish blending and put on red lipstick.

I tie my hair up in a messy bun and quickly scurry to the door and unlock it.

Just when I'm about to open it-Donald opens it and I stumble a little.

He's wearing his wooly hoodie the one I stole from him. Huh. Since when did I give him permission to take it back? Guess I'll have to steal it again.

His blonde hair is messy like usual and his hands are stuffed in his hoodie pocket. When his eyes meet mine, he raises a brow, scanning my face. "I thought you hated makeup."

I break eye contact and shrug. "I like it." My voice comes out raspy and I quickly clear my throat.

"Is it because of Jack?" He suddenly asks. I snap my eyes back to him, furrowing my brows.

What?

"I know how bad you took it when he broke up with you and-"

"No, it isn't that." I glare at him.
"That doesn't even make sense. Wearing makeup because-"

He tilts his head before cutting me off. "Maybe you want to win him back or something, but wearing makeup-"

"No." I cut him off, flatly. Blinking, I shake my head- just the thought of me like that makes me cringe.

"I'm not that desperate Donald." I continue to glare at him. "I can't believe you'd think of me like that, you know me better."

He sighs, rolling his eyes. "Alright, I'm sorry, but it's weird seeing you wear makeup, you've always hated it." He takes his hands out of his pocket still staring at me, shaking his head, he then grumbles "Let's go."

Both of us then walk downstairs, silently, both of us in our own little bubble.

When we reach down, we're greeted by Donald's mum. "Hey sweetheart." Mrs Hickman greets me, with a soft smile in which I return.

"I've made you some food." She points at the table that's so full you'd think she's feeding twelve people.

I scratch my head looking at all the food. I'm really not that hungry today.

I feel both Donald and his mother staring and I let out an exasperated sigh, before taking my seat.

I grab the yellow mug with both hands and start sipping on it.

Mrs Hickman walks back into the kitchen while I still feel Donald's intense gaze on me.

He then takes a seat next to me, still watching me and I begin to shift uncomfortably.

I place the mug down and reach forward for the chicken wing, before moving my gaze to Donald-instantly meeting his.

I give him a small smile in which he doesn't respond. My smile fades and he lets out a sigh. "Please tell me what's wrong.." he begins to rake his hair.

"I'm just not hungry." I begin and he clenches his jaw, before scooting his chair closer to mine.

"I'm going to speak to Jack." He states all of sudden.

My eyes widen and I shake my head vigorously. "Please don't. I told you I--"

"No." He snaps. "You're not the same. You've changed since the day you came home all upset. You always lock yourself up and--"

I take a deep breath, before cutting him off. "I-I just needed a few days to myself.. I'm sorry." I then look up at him and he's still looking at me with a worried look.

"Today.. I-I think I'm fine.. Much better than yesterday, I'm so sorry for shutting you out Donald..I.." I trail off watching Donald's every move.

His eyes are now closed. After a moment he open then and lets out a breath, before rubbing his face, tiredly.

"I shouldn't of done that." He then mumbles.

"What?" I stare at him, as his eyes fill with sorrow.

"Snap at you. Pressurise you. I'm so sorry, I was just worried, just-just take your time then, yeah?" He grumbles, and I let out a small laugh, nodding.

"Thanks." I grin at him. "But, I think I'm fine now, seriously." I begin to chew on the chicken wing again.

Donald cracks a grin, before leaning forward and ruffling my hair. "Hey!" I whack his arm and he laughs.

"Why did Jack break up with you anyway?" He questions and my smile drops.

"I-I it was me. I broke up with him.." I clear my throat, averting my gaze.

He hums. "That's not what you said before." He smirks and I roll my eyes with a grin. "Whatever."

"Donald, I'm heading out now, do you want me to drop you off to work?" His mother calls.

"We'll talk about this later." He then tells me and I groan. He stands up and heads to the door.

"Bye, sweetheart." Mrs Hickman waves and I wave back.

When they leave, I chew on the chicken a bit more, before placing it back on my plate, half finished.

I lick my lips, standing up and pick up my plate. I walk to the sink and quickly wash it, before washing my hands and then drying them.

I make my way to the couch but freeze when I hear a light thud upstairs.

I furrow my brows but then shrug. Probably nothing.

I continue walking and then jump on the couch, shutting my eyes.

~~~~~~~
"What do you mean?" I give a confused smile as Jack slowly sits down on the chair he keeps outside, on his balcony.

"I'm just saying.." he shrugs, staring at the sky. "Whatever happens between us, it's for a reason."

I tear my gaze off the sky and look at him with furrowed brows. "What?"

He chuckles lowly. "Nothing. Let's just focus on the present."

"What do you think she's smiling about?" A whisper stirs me from sleep.

"Let the poor girl sleep." The other person scolds.

I open my eyes and immediately, I'm greeted with two pairs of grey and blue eyes staring back at me.

It's Kaleb who's wearing a blue t-shirt with black jeans and his brown hair is tousled up. Cara's hair is just all over the place, she's wearing a plain, dark pink dress with black tights.

"Nice going dudee! You woke her upp!" Cara snaps at Kaleb.

I roll my eyes, letting out a groan before sitting up. "Is Donald here?" I rasp, rubbing my eyes.

"No, but don't ask how we got here! Cuz the door was already open!" Cara speaks in a shrill, squeal-y voice.

My hand freezes and I look up at Cara again, with a raised brow. She looks high.

"She's had too much Ribena." Kaleb clarifies, and Cara elbows him.

I let out a small laugh, nodding.

We all know about Cara's Ribena obsession.

"Ow what the hell!" Kaleb glares at Cara- who glares back at him.

"Stop telling my secrets!" She whacks him again and he groans.

"Some secret that is." He mutters and Cara raises her hand again, but Kaleb puts his hands up in surrender.

"How many bottles?" I question, amusement clear in my voice.

"Sixtee-OW OKAY!" Kaleb clutches his arm again in which Cara had whacked. Again.

I laugh again, shaking my head. They're such a cute couple.

"Hey what were you dreaming about?" Cara then asks.

Just when I open my mouth, her eyes widen.

"Girl you're wearing makeup?!" She screeches. She immediately sits next to me and inspects my face.

"Mm it's okay.." she furrows her brow and tilts her head.

"...Thanks?"

"Mm no problem babe." She says in a rush, before grabbing my chin. "Red suits you." She nods to herself.

"Your foundation needs just a little blending." She pinches her fingers together.

I open my mouth but she beats me to it, with a squeal. "You should really put on mascara! your grey eyes would be popping!" She grins widely and I can just see the plan unravel through her eyes.

"I don't like wearing mascara." I clear my throat and she pouts.

The door opens and Donald walks in, looking stressed, as he rakes his hair constantly.

"What's up Donald?" I draw his attention and he looks at us.

He raises his brow at Cara's Ribena intoxicated form, then shakes his head with a sigh.

"I've lost my job." He groans.

Kaleb who was on his phone, immediately looks up at Donald.

"No way! It took us hours to make that CV!" He throws his arms up.

Donald glares at Kaleb. "Yeah of course that's all you care about." He snaps, still practically pulling his hair out.

I get off the coach and make my way to Donald.

"What happened?" I ask, softly.

He narrows his eyes at me before leaning down to my ear. "Don't think I've forgotten about the talk we need to have."

I tilt my head away and wave my hand. "I know, I know, but really. How'd you lose your job?"

He sighs, straightening himself up. "Apparently I intimidate the little kids." He makes his voice deeper, mockingly.

"Really?" I raise my brows, surprised. I then tilt my head, analysing him.

Donald has grown some facial hair these past few months and to be honest-add that to his tall height- he does look pretty intimidating.

"I mean so what if I broke the little kids toy? He was fricking hitting my leg with it and it hurt!" He bursts after a while.

My eyes widen and I start laughing. "Are you serious?! No wonder you got fired!"

He scowls. "He was hitting me really hard, I bet I have bruises now. Anyway! how is that intimidating the little kids? It was just one kid!" Donald grows louder at the end, while I continue to laugh.

"Wait."

We all turn to Cara who has her finger up and her head down. "You broke my baby's toy?" She speaks in a low tone.

Oh, did I mention Cara's love for little kids? Yeah well.. she loves little kids. Like a lot.

Donald grunts in response. "Yeah well I'm not even sorry about it." He snaps.

She places her hand to her chest. "With that attitude you probably won't even have kids when you're  older."

"Yeah? Well that's fine with me." He shoots back and Cara scoffs.

I shake my head, amused.

"Dude chill, I'm sure the bruises will get better." Kaleb taunts and Donald averts his glare to him.

"It's not that you fricking ass, I LOST MY JOB! HOW AM I GOING TO BREAK IT TO MOM?!"

My smile drops, and I shrug. "You're so dead."

"Exactly." He huffs, then his face sinks.

"She's gonna kill me." He whimpers. Kaleb walks towards him and pats his shoulder.

"Don't worry dude." He sympathises. "She'll only take your PS4." He pats his shoulder again.

"And stop paying for your phone data." He pats him again.

"And your Netflix." He pats again.

"And-"

"Okay I get it." Donald snaps.

Kaleb pats his shoulder again, Donald roughly shrugs him off, causing all of us to laugh.

I shake my head with a grin. "How about we watch a movie?" I suggest.

"I'm choosing." Donald grumbles, we all turn to the couch and see Cara fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

Donald ended up choosing John Wick and it's actually a really good movie.

The movie ended and soon Donald's mum came in. Donald told her everything- sprinkling some lies here and there, but overall he's off the hook- as long as he gets a new job.

"You coming?" I lift myself off the couch and then face him, who's still sitting and zoned in his phone.

He shakes his head and I shrug, walking towards the stairs and beginning to ascend them.

I rub my tired eyes and a yawn escapes my mouth, as I reach to the top.

I head towards my room, and I quickly tie my long flowing hair into a loose bun.

As I get near to my room I feel like something isn't right. I see light seeping through the triangular clear glass above my door. I know for a fact that I switched the light off, before leaving this morning..

I stop in front of the door. Suddenly feeling goosebumps.

It's fine. Maybe Donald's mum went in and cleaned my room again. Heh, Such a lovely woman.. I gulp.

Relax.. you're just being stupid. No need to be a wussy Layla. Just open the damned door.

I reach forward and lightly touch the handle.

Good.. now just twist it..

Okay shut up conscience!

"You okay dear?" I jump at the voice. My heart literally falling down and out through my bum.

I let out a frightful laugh, before turning around with my hand to my chest. I see Mrs Hickman who was just about to descend the stairs.

She smiles at me before letting out a laugh. "Sorry for frightening you." She chuckles.

"Yeah it's fine. I'm fine." I nod, chuckling and scratching my neck.

She gives me a warm smile, nodding before descending the stairs.

I face the door again, biting my lip. UGH. EF IT.

I twist the handle and lightly push it open. The rooms normal and I let out a short laugh. See everything's fine..

I walk inside casually, shaking my head to how stupid I was being.

My eyes then land on the several bags on top of my bed and I furrow my eyebrows, my heartbeat increasing once again.

When I go to turn around, the door suddenly gets slammed shut and then the fear takes control of me completely..

I open my mouth to scream but a strong arm wraps around me and then I'm pinned against the door, my bun falls out and hair spreads all over my face- in the process- I let out a small squeak, before a large, warm hand covers my mouth.

I close my eyes, trying to steady my breathing. I slowly open them and my eyes meet his cold blue ones.

Killian.

Oh donkeys crap..

•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 1K 38
Your suicide? Oh please, daddy. That didn't change me. I'm only trying to please you, trying to be perfect. And trust me, I've achieved perfection. I...
223K 8.6K 35
"Bianca what the fuck was that?" David says to me as we walk inside his house. The whole car ride was silent, no one uttered a word and I don't know...
251 0 19
"What do you think it feels like to die, Clay?" I whispered. "Don't you dare, Juliette," he said, grabbing my arms. "Don't you dare think like that...
15.6K 398 29
Cora Greer's life has been nothing but a major pain in the ass, so it shouldn't come as a surprise when she finally decides to put an end to her mise...