anon // newtmas au

By bookara

thomas' senior year has been uneventful and boring, well that is until he receives an anonymous message from... More

intro
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
epilogue
end

chapter nine

13.4K 575 2.3K
By bookara

"It's you? Oh my god it's actually you? You were him all along? I-I...b-but I kissed you at the party!" Thomas stammered as Newt was fidgeting in his chair.

"I told you we got some stuff to talk about." Newt laughed nervously. Thomas' knees almost buckled.

"You're cute." Thomas blurted out accidentally. "And you like me."

Newt flushed and looked really taken aback. "I-uh, yeah thanks and uh quite a lot actually."

Thomas smiled, suddenly feeling giddy inside. There was an insanely adorable boy in front of him who actually liked him. His heart was going to lurch out of his chest. He opened his mouth to say something but Newt cleared his throat.

"You...I mean, I get it if you don't want this." Newt motioned to his wheelchair. "It can be kinda hard and I know it wasn't apart of the deal and I-uh-"

"Newt." Thomas cut him off gently, moving slightly closer to the boy who looked like he was about to jump out of his skin. Suddenly it clicked in Thomas' mind, Newt wasn't nervous for Thomas to see who he was, Newt was insecure about Thomas hating him because he was in a wheelchair. He thought Thomas would see him would see him as different because he couldn't walk.

Newt was watching his every move carefully, as if he was scared Thomas was going to punch him.

Thomas smiled softly. "I don't care about the wheelchair, I do care about the boy sitting in it."

Newt's cheeks flared red and he ducked his head to avoid Thomas' gaze. "Oh my god you're bloody killin me."

Thomas sent a text to Teresa, telling her to get a ride home with Brenda. She sent him a winking face in response, letting him know he was in the clear.

"Wanna go for a drive?"

"What?" Newt's head shot up, meeting Thomas' face with a look of shock.

"Our after party doesn't start for a few hours, we have to talk right? So why don't we go somewhere that's not the school?"

"Yeah I uh, yeah okay." Newt nodded, looking at Thomas before back down at his knees. "This is bloody embarrassing, but could you possibly push?"

     Thomas scrunched his face in confusion before realizing and widening his eyes. "Oh you mean the chair? Yeah yeah of course."

     Thomas got behind him and started pushing the chair in the direction of the front doors. Newt kept his face in his hands, the blush apparent on the back of his neck where Thomas could see it.

     Thomas felt bad and wanted to make him feel more comfortable so he started talking. "This wasn't awkward at the party, why is it now?"

     "Because I'm internally freaking out," Newt mumbled into his hands.

     "You don't have to be, I know you Newt. I know what you like, I know what you don't. The only thing that's changed is now I can see your face."

     "When you used to like Min didn't you get nervous around him? Like if you did something wrong you'd ruin everything?"

     "Yeah kinda why?"

     "Because that's how I feel around you."

     Thomas turned around so he could push the school doors open with his back and drag Newt's chair through. "You're not gonna mess anything up."

     Newt didn't say another word as Thomas pushed him across the parking lot and to his car.

     "It uh, folds," Newt said as they stopped by Thomas' car.

     Thomas opened the door for him, winking dramatically and waving at the seat. "Gotta open car doors for cute boys right?"

     Newt was blushing again and Thomas wanted to kiss every inch of his face.

     Newt pulled his chair close to the car and hopped into the seat, buckling himself in.

     Thomas figured out how to close the wheelchair and placed it carefully in the trunk. He got into the driver's seat and started the car.

     "Alright where to?"

    Newt shrugged and ran his fingers through his hair.

    Thomas smiled softly. "We can drive until we decide on a place to go."

     Newt ducked his head again, mumbling softly. "You make me so fucking nervous Tommy."

     Thomas shifted the car into drive and then put his hand out in Newt's direction. "I have an idea. Gimmie your hand."

     Newt looked startled for a moment, then got the idea and softly slid their palms together.
Thomas smiled and interlocked their fingers as he looked at the blonde boy. "Relax a bit okay? I promise everything is going fine."

Newt nodded shortly as Thomas ran his thumb along Newt's and started to drive.

"Wanna go to Tim Hortons?"

Newt's face light up, it made his heart pound. "Yeah."

Thomas turned right, in the direction of the store and hummed softly to the radio. Newt's hand was smaller than his but his skin was soft and their hands fit almost perfectly. It was all like some sort of cheesy romance novel, but Thomas loved it.

They finally got to the parking lot and, with slight difficulty, got Newt's wheelchair out of the trunk. They sat at a table in the corner, two hot chocolates on their table between them. Newt had his hands wrapped around his cup, he looked so utterly adorable Thomas wanted to stare at him forever.

***

"Why'd you get mad at me after the party?" Thomas asked as Newt wiped whipped cream off his lip with his sleeve.

He let out a breath and shook his head. "It was stupid, but you said it didn't mean anything to you. That just kinda hurt because it meant everything to me."

"I was trying to be cool."

Newt snorted out a laugh and quickly covered his mouth. "You we're trying to be cool by insulting me?"

"No! Well yes, but no. I tried to play it off."

Newt raised his eyebrow, a slightly amused expression on his face. Newt definitely was calmer now, it was great. "It was a nice kiss."

Thomas felt the heat pooling back in his stomach again. Suddenly he felt an overwhelming want for the boy. He wanted to take him on dates, hold his hand, kiss him good morning and send him stupid goodnight texts. His eyes flicked up to Newt's and Thomas mouth was moving before his brain could process what he was saying. "Do you wanna come over after the party? My parents won't be there, it's date night for them."

Newts face scrunched in adorable confusion then melted into one completely revealing that he was uncomfortable. "I uh, it's hard to..." His face was bright red and the blush was back to crawling across his neck. "I haven't ever like..." Newt trailed off, scratching the back of his neck.

Thomas groaned and dropped his face into his hands. "That came out so wrong oh my god." Thomas let out an awkward laugh and lifted his head again. "I didn't mean it that way. We could leave the party early and go back to my house and watch some marvel movies on the couch, or that other one you were telling me about. I'm not gonna like try anything."

"You were serious about the movies?" Newt asked softly, biting his lower lip and pulling it between his teeth.

"Of course I was." Thomas took a sip of his drink and wiped his mouth. "You don't have to, I shouldn't have asked."

"I do want to." Newt said quickly. "I'm sorry." He let out a small breath and averted his gaze to the table. "I don't know why you make me so fucking nervous."

Thomas huffed out a laugh and took the lid off his cup. "Probably because I'm just so damn good looking...wanna roll up the rim?"

Newt's eyes flickered up, a soft smile playing across his lips as he took the cup from Thomas. "If I lose are you gonna leave me stranded here?"

"Yup. Come on Newt, your entire fate rests on that hot chocolate cup."

Thomas could tell Newt was holding back a laugh as he rolled the paper back from the lip of the cup. He frowned when he saw it and turned it around. "It was really nice knowing you Tommy."

The dreaded black words please play again were printed under the ripped rim.

Thomas dramatically gasped. "Newt you know what this means? I'm going to have to dump you now."

Newt laughed softly and traced little circles on the table with his finger. "So uh if you're dumping me that means we were together?"

Thomas' stomach twisted and he couldn't stop the corners of his lips from pulling up. "Do you want to be together."

Newt's face flushed but he nodded abandoning his aimless shape drawings to pick at his own empty hot chocolate cup.

"Yeah okay boyfriends sounds good."

"Really? You mean that Tommy?"

"Pretty sure it was obvious by how much I've been flirting with you."

"You could have just been trying to preserve my feelings."

Thomas rolled his eyes. "Can you just accept that you're likable?"

Newt shrugged slightly and went back to picking at his cup.

"Hey uh, how'd you get hurt? If you don't mind me asking."

Newts entire expression fell, his shoulders visibly sagged and his face darkened. "Can we not talk about that now?"

"Newt I'm sorr-"

Newt shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair. "It's fine Tommy, I'll tell you just not right now okay?"

"Can I just ask you one more thing?"

Newt nodded and looked his at his brunette boy. "Sure."

"Does it hurt to touch?"

Newt shook his head, laughing lightly. "Is that why you were treatin' me like bloody glass at the party? It's doesn't hurt to touch Tommy, just not good with weight."

Thomas nodded and watched as Newt went back to picking at his own cup.

Suddenly Newt grinned and spun the cup around. "Free donut."

"Awe you won!" Thomas exclaimed happily. "Now I don't have to leave you here."

Newt rolled his eyes and threw the empty cup at Thomas who caught it and stuck his tongue out.

Thomas checked the time on his phone before standing up and throwing out their trash, making sure Newt kept his free donut coupon.

"Wanna be my official date to the post WICKED party?"

Newt was grinning as he looked up at Thomas. "Well I can't say no to the first place winner now can I?"

***

Newt was killing him. The British boy was going to be the absolute death of him.
They were sitting on the couch at Teresa's house, taking up the end seat but sharing the rest with Teresa, Aris and Minho. Gally and Brenda were on the floor and even Nick came. Newt somehow ended up on Thomas' lap, sitting sideways with his back resting against the arm of the couch. They just sat innocently for a little while until it got later and Newt got more comfortable. He kept pressing soft kisses under Thomas, chin, down his neck and under his ear. Every touch of the soft boy's lips sent shivers down his spine.

Newt was discreet about it, he pressed kisses when no one was looking. It was heavenly torture and Thomas was trying his best not to squirm. He had his hand on Newt's back, his fingertips under his shirt and rubbing his smooth skin.

"Thomas you hooked up with the dare boy?" Nick asked suddenly as he took note of the position they were in.

Thomas shot him a smile and drew Newt closer to him. "Hottest guy in the room right?"

Minho scoffed at that and shook his head. "I was clearly the hottest guy in that room."

Newt rolled his eyes at his friend. "Shut up Minho."

Minho laughed and lightly squeezed Newt's ankle. "Don't be mad baby, you got your precious Tommy in the end."

Thomas pressed a soft kiss on Newt's forehead, pulling back when Minho laughed loudly. "Fuckin hell Newt. When'd you do that?"

Thomas was confused as to what he was talking about but Newt's fingers brushing across a spot on his neck told him what Minho was looking at.

Newt smirked and looked at Minho. "He's mine and I don't like to share."

Minho laughed again, shaking his head this time. "Well you sure got the message across you fuckin vampire."

Thomas smiled and traced small shapes on the skin of Newt's back. The boy shivered, but he didn't seem to mind.

"Hey Thomas?" Minho poked his leg. "You treating him good?"

Newt rested his head on Thomas shoulder, adjusting himself more comfortably.

"I think so. Look, I live to serve him. I'm practically his bed."

Newt laughed into Thomas' neck and lightly patted his cheek. "Don't worry Min, he's perfect."

Minho looked at Newt carefully. "You look so happy it's almost sickening." The buff boy patted Thomas' knee before getting up and going to another room of the house.

Thomas turned his head, lightly bumping his nose against Newt's. "You're evil you know that right?"

Newt looked at him, feigning innocence. "What did I do?"

Thomas opened his mouth to say something, but stopped and just looked at his boyfriend. He really was cute with his warm brown eyes eyes and soft blonde hair. Thomas wanted to kiss the shit out of him.

He bumped their noses together again, smirking slightly when he heard Newt's breath hitch.

"Do I still have permission to kiss the air out of your lungs?"

"Ye-"

Newt didn't even get to finish the word before Thomas' lips were pressed against his own. It was like the first time they'd kissed, just better. Newts lips were just as soft, just this time he wasn't scared to touch him. Thomas let his fingertips run up Newt's leg, pausing when he reached his hip and lightly squeezed to hold him in place. Newt bit his bottom lip gently before pulling back slightly and looking him in the eyes.

"Okay?"

Thomas smiled and gently maneuvered Newt's legs so he was straddling him. He softly pecked his lips before looking at him again. "I'm okay. Are you okay?"

"I'm more than okay."

Then they were kissing again, completely disregarding the fact that there were still people in the room. Newt worked his mouth open, pushing his tongue inside and tangling his fingers in Thomas' hair. Thomas slid his arms around Newt's waist, shoving his hands into the back pockets of his jeans.

Newt smiled into the kiss, making it somewhat dysfunctional but to them it was perfect.

"Knock it off you horny bastards! Not on my couch!" Teresa yelled as she threw a pillow at him.

Thomas pecked Newt's lips, heart melting at the blissed out expression on his face before turning to Teresa.

"You suck T. That was a nice fucking kiss."

"You're groping the poor boy in your best friend's living room."

"Uh the boy kinda liked the groping!" Newt piped up.

Teresa looked at him with a shocked expression before snorting out a laugh. "Oh my god he's adorable Tom, keep him forever."

Thomas ran his thumb over Newt's kiss swollen lips, leaving one of his hands in his back pocket. "He's pretty cute isn't he?"

"You look like you're gonna eat him." Gally snorted as everyone turned their attention to the two.

"I might."

"Minho come save Newt, Thomas is acting whipped!" Teresa shouted as Minho came back into the room.

"Guys that's gross," Minho said as he saw the two boys piled on top of each other on the couch.

"I'm being nice to him!" Thomas defended as he rubbed Newt's cheek.

Newt closed his eyes and leaned into the touch.

"He looks like a fuckin kitten." Minho laughed as he sprawled out across the floor.

"They're in their honeymoon stage, leave them alone. They just got together," Brenda said as she popped over another beer and started chugging it.

Newt turned his head and kissed Thomas' hand.

"Wanna go to my house now? We can escape their teasing." Thomas asked as he squeezed Newt's butt, smirking at him.

Newt jumped slightly, glaring at him before nodding. "Yeah let's go."

Thomas grinned, hooking his arm under Newt's legs and standing up, carrying him bridal style. Newt yelped in surprise and slapped Thomas' chest. "Put me down asshole."

Thomas ignored him and looked at everyone in the room. "I'm gonna steal him now. Seriously, thank you guys for coming to WICKED, it really does mean a lot to me and Teresa."

"Wrap it before you smack it Tom." Teresa smirked as she raised her bottle if whatever she was drinking up to them.

"You don't have to carry me Tommy," Newt said but the way he curled into Thomas' chest showed that he didn't hate it.

"I know, but how else would I kidnap you?"

"I don't want you to have to constantly cater to my needs, you don't need t-"

Thomas kissed him to shut him up.

***

"I'm so proud of you. I know I didn't say it before, but I am," Newt mumbled as he slid his hand over Thomas' stomach.

Thomas smiled and ran his finger tips down Newt's spine. "I know."

They were sprawled across Thomas' couch, Newt practically on top of him. The Perks of Being a Wallflower was playing softly on the TV, the volume turned down a while ago so they could just talk.

It was surprisingly easy, going from text to person. It wasn't hard to figure out how they fit together. Thomas felt like he was getting to know Newt on a different level though and he absolutely loved it. He liked everything about the blonde boy. He liked that Newt was taller than him when they laid down, he liked how when he blushed it slowly spread across his cheeks and down his neck, he liked how when he touched his legs he shivered and he loved how his lips felt against his own. He was convinced the boy was perfect.

"I tried to kill myself," Newt suddenly whispered, his hand curling on Thomas' bare stomach.

"What?"

"It's how I hurt my leg, broke it in fourteen places. It's healed, the bone just isn't ever going to go back to normal. I had like four surgeries. It's fucked for life."

Thomas felt a pit in his stomach. He kept rubbing Newt's back, softly trailing his fingers over the dip of his spin, feeling goosebumps rise on his skin.

"Why'd you do it?"

Newt wouldn't look at him. He kept his head tucked almost under Thomas' chin, pulling himself closer to his boyfriend's body. "I didn't wanna live anymore. I hated every second of everyday so I jumped off a bridge. I'm lucky that I'm even alive."

"When?"

"What?"

"When did you do it?"

"Two years ago."

"When you were fifteen?" Thomas felt sick again.

"Yeah."

"I'm glad you didn't."

Newt looked up at him then, his eyes rimmed red with tears threatening to spill over. "What?"

"I'm glad you didn't kill yourself. I'm kinda obsessed with you." Thomas gave him a half smile and wiped under his eyes with his thumbs. "You'll tell me if you feel like that again, yeah? We can get through it together okay?"

Newt nodded and blinked hard, trying to dry his eyes but just causing tears to roll down his cheek which Thomas caught with his thumb. "You're okay."

"I dated Minho before. He knew me before I was like this, that's why he's so protective."

"Is it weird to ask why you broke up?"

Newt shook his head and settled back down on Thomas' chest. "We didn't really like each other like that I guess. I do love him, just not in that way. We acted like friends that kissed, I can't really explain it. It was a mutual thing though, no hard feelings."

Thomas stopped tracing Newt's spine which made the blonde boy whine. Thomas snorted out a laugh and resumed his movements. "You really are like a kitten."

"Am not! It just feels nice, makes me less anxious," Newt mumbled as he practically buried his face in Thomas' chest.

They were quiet for a moment before Thomas spoke up. "Hey Newt?"

"Yeah Tommy?"

"Thank you for telling me."

"Figured you needed to know."

They were quiet again after that, Newt turned the volume back up on the movie. Thomas tried to pay attention, he knew Newt loved the movie, but the blonde boy on his chest was so goddamn distracting. Newt's chest started rising and falling at a steady pace indicating he'd fallen asleep.

Thomas grabbed his phone and opened up a new text to Minho. He fell asleep on me, what do I do? I have to take him home

Minho texted him back almost instantly. Wake him up idiot

T: ...But he's so cute

M: Oh my god, keep him then. I'll tell his mom he's sleeping at my house. Have fun (just not too much...if you hurt my precious son I'll kill you)

T: You don't think he'll freak out?

M: He thinks the sun shines out of your ass, he'll be fine.

Thomas sighed and turned off his phone, trying his best to pull the blanket over both of them. Newt shifted a bit in his sleep making Thomas freeze. He'd never actually done this part of dating before, the domestic cuddling stuff. He'd also never felt this way about anyone else before Newt. He couldn't pinpoint what was different about him, maybe that he got to know him from the inside before the outside.

Thomas' heart was pounding, he was terrified that it was going to wake Newt up with how hard it was pounding against his chest.

He turned the TV way down. He knew if he turned it off, his parents would get the wrong idea when they got home. He pressed a soft kiss to Newt's head before closing his own eyes and shifting to get comfortable. Newt was warm against him and made cute little hums whenever Thomas moved. It was weird having Newt in person instead of behind a screen, but as the boy wrapped his arm tighter around Thomas' body in his sleep he decided he could definitely get used to it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

568K 11.1K 40
A metal box brought them there, a place surrounded with endless, shifting corridors with no sign of getting out. It's always been boys but one day a...
116K 4.3K 28
"I love you, Dylan. I love you more than you'll ever know." Thomas has been in love with his best friend for years now. He also secretly struggles w...
3.1K 105 22
Thomas's father runs crime syndicate. The mafia, if you must. Thomas's father tells Thomas he has to protect the son of a rich man. Thomas isn't told...
29.1K 1.1K 24
╰┈➤ this is basically the maze runner, the scorch trials and the death cure if newtmas was a thing. it is based off the movies so all events except f...