Last Name

By MissyDoe2017

Charlotte Diana Williams, or affectionately know as Charli, has screwed up. Royally. God there was even a so... More

Prolouge
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven: Part I
Chapter Eleven: Part II
Chapter Twelve

Chapter Two

2.5K 107 71
By MissyDoe2017

Brantley's POV

When I looked up to the see the leggy brunette walking towards me, I won't lie I was scheming in the back of my mind to get her number. She was beautiful. But as she got closer, something about her eyes triggered a flash of a memory. Of just how dark brown those chocolate orbs turned when she went off the edge into the bliss of an orgasm. They looked almost black. Then it clicked and my jaw almost hit the floor.

"Charli?" I asked in disbelief. She paused in her tracks looking at me as I rounded the table. I turned my head motioning to Jeff that meet and greet was over as he narrowed his eyes at me. Realizing that I knew her, he nodded then rolled his eyes. Her blonde headed friend leaned in her ear whispering before pushing her forward. She stumbled slightly and I reached a hand out cupping her elbow so she didn't fall.

"You remember me?" she asked quietly raising her eyes to meet mine and lord I could almost drown in those chocolate pools. Lord knows I had a hell of a sweet tooth. That thick, dark hair curled just enough to make me want to bury my finger in it to see if it was as soft as I looked. As soft as I vaguely remembered it to be.

"What kind of an ass do you think I am darlin?" I said giving her a flirty smile. Hell no I hadn't forgot her. Well as much as my formerly drunk ass couldn't. "Yea I remember who you are. We had fun in Vegas for your 21st birthday wasn't it? I woke up that next morning and you were gone sweetheart."

"Umm...." Charli said tugging her arm out of my hand and looking at me. "Unless you passed back out after I left, we clearly argued before I did."

"Shit darlin," I groaned running a hand over my face. "Whatever I said or did, I was a mess back then, so I am so sorry."

"Listen," Charli says biting her lip wringing her hands nervously. "Would we be able to talk? It's kind of important."

I clenched my jaw at the nerves those words brought on. Hell, did we have some kid I didn't know about. Fuck, I hoped not. I would be pissed if I had missed what, almost eight years. Reigning in my thoughts, I held my hand out for hers then tugged her down the hall to the dressing room I had used. I needed to grab my few things anyhow. I shut the door firmly behind us before leaning against it with my arms crossed over my chest. Charli started pacing around the small room her heels clicking on the floor. She looked nervous as hell and heaven help me, I couldn't help but watch the sway of those curvy hips in those shorts. I mentally chided myself then cleared my throat. I instantly knew that I wouldn't mind a repeat of that night with her.

"So what did my asshole self do Charli?" I asked pushing off the door stepping closer as she paused her pacing to look at me. Blinking her eyes, Charli went to answer me when the door swung wide open.

"Hey BG!" Ben, my drummer, said strolling in typing on his phone. "We found this steak house that stays open...." He paused taking in Charli as I glared at him. "Holy shit! It's Hot and Sassy! How you doin girl? I do believe my boy here remembers you fondly. Like total......."

"Ben," I growled through clenched teeth. I did not need him to finish that comment because I am pretty sure he was gonna say spank bank material. I glanced over at Charli to see her snarling at Ben. Oh, this was gonna be good.

"Fuck you Jolly Green Giant!" she grumbled glaring at him. "No one asked you to open your mouth."

"Mmmm," Ben said a wide smirk spread across his lips. "Kitty has got claws BG. I like her."

"Ben," I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. "Just leave man. Before she winds up shooting you and I have to look for a new drummer."

"Right...." Ben drawled giving me a wink. Shit. "Gotcha man. Nice, ummmm to see you again hot stuff."

"I have a damn name," Charli snapped her tan skin flushing with anger.

"Well you mind telling me it," Ben said giving her a flirty smile as he opened the door. "I would use it if I knew it sassy girl."

"Its's Charli," I growled pointing a finger at him in warning. "Now get...the...fuck..out!"

"Yes Boss," Ben said wiggling his eyebrows at me. "But might want to watch out. Remember kitty has got claws. They left marks last time."

He slammed the door and walked down the hall whistling. I turned back around to face Charli. Her face was bright red as she sank down onto the couch. She covered her face in her hands.

"Oh god...." She mumbled. "Kill me now."

"It's okay darlin," I said walking over to sit beside her with a low chuckle. "I know that isn't what has brought you here. So why don't you tell me what brought you to see me? You from here?''

"No," Charli said dropping her hands to look over at me. "I actually live in Nashville. Look, I remember we were both pretty wasted that night weren't we."

"Yea,'' I said shaking my head. I still got flashes and memories of that night. "A lot of tequila and beer that I remember. We danced our asses off that was for sure. You had on a red dress didn't you. Look Charli, I will brutally honest with you darlin. I was not in a good place back then. Between the booze and the pills I was on, I was a complete wreck. But I got sober about a year later and have been for the last six and a half years."

"Do you remember getting married that night?" Charli asked softly making my heart drop as I turned pale.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I snapped instantly regretting my tone at the cringe on her face from my tone. "Sweetheart, there are only three things in this life that scare a man like me. Snakes, sharks, and commitment. Therefore, I highly doubt we are married. That was a damn prank."

"I gave you the damn license the next morning!" Charli seethed poking my arm. I felt I had been shocked just from the brush of her skin against mine. "Along with my number! You were supposed to handle that."

"Listen!" I yelled back growing angry. I wouldn't be some punk that married a girl then forgot her. No, I couldn't be. "I remember you. We had a really, really hot night that I haven't forgotten but getting married, no damn way. I wouldn't do that. Look, yea I vaguely remember the license, but I chalked it up to the band playing a prank on me okay." Her eyes welled up with tears at me words and I felt my skin growing pale and clammy. "Fuck.....are we really married?"

"Shit!" Charli yelped covering her face with a groan. "You mean to tell me you don't know either! Oh god! Oh god!" She jumped up off the couch starting to pace again as I leaned back in shock. Could we really be? "So not good! So not good at all!"

A flash caught my eye then as I noticed the whopping rock on her left hand. Well I guess I found my reason for wanting to know about us being married. Hell, that's just great. A beautiful woman I wouldn't mind getting to know a little better, only came looking for me because she's engaged to another man. And Mama wondered why I had commitment issues and she wasn't getting grandkids yet.

"Well I see what is worrying you about this," I grumbled before I thought about it. "Nice rock you've got there."

"Well," Charli said haughtily her eyes flaring with anger. I couldn't stop myself from having a reaction when she put that hand sassily on her hip poking it out and her full red lips flattening in anger. "From what I've read looks like you have no room to talk. You have been engaged not once, but twice since then."

"Don't fucking remind me!" I snapped jumping up to stalking over to her. I threw my shoulders back because I was getting mad now. I towered over here when I got close, but Charli didn't back down at all. I glared at her shaking my head. "Wanted something out of me. Both of them. Fifteen minutes of fame for the first and the other wanted a ticket out of a bad relationship. Fuck that! I was the one left holding the bag. What are you after? Trying to make the fiancé jealous or money. Got to be some motive. Let's go ahead and be up front sweetheart."

"First of all," Charli seethed pushing my shoulder hard as she stood on her tip toes trying to get in my face. It was almost cute that she thought she could make herself as tall as me. "Let's get something straight you jackass! If I am actually married to you or not, I don't fucking need your money. I don't need your name! All I need is your damn signature and out of my life! I have my own money. I work my ass off and damn good at my job. If that fell through, then I have family money that I don't use. You can just fuck off if you think I am trying to get something from you."

"Well let me call bullshit baby," I growled at her. I could see her shoulders shaking with rage. "Someone always wants something! Plus here it is, I don't think we are actually married. Look, that was probably just a prank from my band. They like to pull crazy shit and it's a challenge usually to get me okay."

"A joke!" Charli yelled her eyes starting to tear up. Fuck, not the tears. That was for the Southern woman's way to get what she wanted. Well, I wasn't falling for it. "My future could be screwed because I got drunk one night in Vegas and you think it's a joke! You know what....fuck you. I'll figure it out myself and when I do, expect to hear from my lawyer!"

Charli spun around on her heel stalking to the door tugging it open with a frustrated scream. I ran a hand over my beard as she disappeared slamming the door behind her. Shit, I thought closing my eyes. I wished I could remember more about that night. I'd have to talk to PJ about this. It was like he kept a record of the stupid shit I did when I was drinking just to get me back about now. If anyone would know, it would be him. Feeling like an ass I jogged to the door tugging it open and skidding out into the hall. I looked both ways then spotted Ben leaning against the wall talking to Charli's friend and Charli closing in on them. I could practically see the steam coming out of her pretty ears. Yea, I had been a dick. Ben leaned over saying something to Charli as I ran their way. Whatever it was, he was gonna regret it because Charli drew her fist back nailing Ben in his stomach making him double over. She grabbed the blonde's arm tugging her behind her.

"Charli!" I called out running by Ben. "Wait!"

"Fuck off!" she hissed flipping me off and then taking a turn to disappear down another corridor that lead to the parking lot. I ran my hands over my hat as the door slammed echoing through the hall. I barely heard the footsteps that approached a second later.

"Damn......" PJ said with a low whistle. "What did you do to piss that sassy lady off?"

"Long story man," I said with a sigh. "You and I need to have a talk it seems."

"Something tells me this is gonna be good," PJ said with a booming laugh as he fell in step with me when I walked back to the dressing room to pack my stuff. Irony of the situation was, I was headed to Nashville for a show and it seemed Charli had actually been under my nose all these years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.9K 33
"You and I aren't so different you know," he points out, putting a cigarette between his lips and lighting it. "Yeah? How so?" I ask. "We both did so...
32.5K 724 59
Whitney Houston is being forced to go out. A night out in Vegas. Her friend and family thinking it such a good idea, but the night turn into somethin...
6.8K 505 45
The lights were booming, the city was alive, and the nights were passionate in good old Las Vegas Nevada! Sin city they called it, where men and wom...
2.8K 31 4
'And he that sat on him was death. And hell followed with him.' I've been compared to this snippet from the bible. Mostly due to the fact I don't bel...