Chapter Two

Brantley's POV

When I looked up to the see the leggy brunette walking towards me, I won't lie I was scheming in the back of my mind to get her number. She was beautiful. But as she got closer, something about her eyes triggered a flash of a memory. Of just how dark brown those chocolate orbs turned when she went off the edge into the bliss of an orgasm. They looked almost black. Then it clicked and my jaw almost hit the floor.

"Charli?" I asked in disbelief. She paused in her tracks looking at me as I rounded the table. I turned my head motioning to Jeff that meet and greet was over as he narrowed his eyes at me. Realizing that I knew her, he nodded then rolled his eyes. Her blonde headed friend leaned in her ear whispering before pushing her forward. She stumbled slightly and I reached a hand out cupping her elbow so she didn't fall.

"You remember me?" she asked quietly raising her eyes to meet mine and lord I could almost drown in those chocolate pools. Lord knows I had a hell of a sweet tooth. That thick, dark hair curled just enough to make me want to bury my finger in it to see if it was as soft as I looked. As soft as I vaguely remembered it to be.

"What kind of an ass do you think I am darlin?" I said giving her a flirty smile. Hell no I hadn't forgot her. Well as much as my formerly drunk ass couldn't. "Yea I remember who you are. We had fun in Vegas for your 21st birthday wasn't it? I woke up that next morning and you were gone sweetheart."

"Umm...." Charli said tugging her arm out of my hand and looking at me. "Unless you passed back out after I left, we clearly argued before I did."

"Shit darlin," I groaned running a hand over my face. "Whatever I said or did, I was a mess back then, so I am so sorry."

"Listen," Charli says biting her lip wringing her hands nervously. "Would we be able to talk? It's kind of important."

I clenched my jaw at the nerves those words brought on. Hell, did we have some kid I didn't know about. Fuck, I hoped not. I would be pissed if I had missed what, almost eight years. Reigning in my thoughts, I held my hand out for hers then tugged her down the hall to the dressing room I had used. I needed to grab my few things anyhow. I shut the door firmly behind us before leaning against it with my arms crossed over my chest. Charli started pacing around the small room her heels clicking on the floor. She looked nervous as hell and heaven help me, I couldn't help but watch the sway of those curvy hips in those shorts. I mentally chided myself then cleared my throat. I instantly knew that I wouldn't mind a repeat of that night with her.

"So what did my asshole self do Charli?" I asked pushing off the door stepping closer as she paused her pacing to look at me. Blinking her eyes, Charli went to answer me when the door swung wide open.

"Hey BG!" Ben, my drummer, said strolling in typing on his phone. "We found this steak house that stays open...." He paused taking in Charli as I glared at him. "Holy shit! It's Hot and Sassy! How you doin girl? I do believe my boy here remembers you fondly. Like total......."

"Ben," I growled through clenched teeth. I did not need him to finish that comment because I am pretty sure he was gonna say spank bank material. I glanced over at Charli to see her snarling at Ben. Oh, this was gonna be good.

"Fuck you Jolly Green Giant!" she grumbled glaring at him. "No one asked you to open your mouth."

"Mmmm," Ben said a wide smirk spread across his lips. "Kitty has got claws BG. I like her."

"Ben," I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. "Just leave man. Before she winds up shooting you and I have to look for a new drummer."

"Right...." Ben drawled giving me a wink. Shit. "Gotcha man. Nice, ummmm to see you again hot stuff."