Chapter Eleven: Part II

Charli's POV

Of all the inconsiderate, assholish things that could have ever come out of his mouth, that right there took the fucking cake. That was low even for him. What did he think happened? That is was a miraculous fucking conception? Pfttt....the man had been very involved in every aspect of it for damn sure. I stalked through the house with tears streaming down my face feeling my stomach churn.

"Shit," I whimpered as I increased my steps hurrying through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. I slid to my knees just in time to lose all the contents of my stomach into the toilet. I had hoped to be able to keep the toast I'd eaten earlier down but looked like no such luck. This had been happening like clockwork since finding out I was pregnant a couple weeks ago. I had yet to tell anyone. I sat up slowly bringing my knees up to rest my forehead on them weakly as I prayed the nausea would pass soon. I heard soft footsteps behind me before Brantley slid to the floor behind me stretching his legs out on either side of me while wrapping both arms around me loosely. He rested his chin on my shoulder after kissing it softly. I shivered slightly from the chill of my damp clothes and the cool tile floor as the rain picked up outside.

"You okay?" Brantley asked me rubbing both hands up and down my arms as I moaned. "Guess that's a stupid question. This been happening often?"

"Yes," I murmured knowing it sounded muffled by my arms. I was afraid to lift my head and the nausea increase. I couldn't help but shiver a little more. "And just before you decide to stick that big ass foot in your mouth again, of course this baby is yours, you dumbass. Yes, we used protection but umm.....recall both of us getting a little carried away on St. Lucia."

"I know," he whispered with a sigh as I lifted my head slowly to turn, looking back at him. I could read the apology in his green eyes. "I should have never said that darlin. Stuffed my foot in my mouth."

"That lip is swelling nicely," I snarked as his lips quirked into a half smile.

"Yep...." Brantley drawled. "You and the Colonel both have a hell of a right hook sweetheart."

"You deserved it," I grumbled glaring at him as he pushed away from me and stood up. He held out a big hand helping me to my feet. I swayed a little and rested my head on his chest. He chuckled as he kissed the top of my head.

"Yes mam," Brantley laughed quietly. "I did. Here, let's get you warmed up okay."

I let out a gasp as he picked me up sitting me on the counter by the sink before turning around cutting the water on in the claw foot tub in the center of the bathroom. I gave him a weak smile reaching for my tooth brush.

"Not too hot," I said quietly as he nodded and adjusted the temperature as I quickly brushed my teeth. I got a small smile when I was done as he gave me a wink before tugging his t-shirt over my head. I went to climb down but was stopped with a pair of hands on my waist standing me on the tile floor before helping me out of the rest of my clothes.

"Climb in darlin" he murmured holding my hand as I stepped in. A sigh slipped past my lips as I eased into the water. I sat there for a minute with my eyes closed. Brantley slid in behind me wrapping both arms around me as I leaned my head against his shoulder. He pressed a soft kiss to my temple. "I'm sorry again for saying that."

"I know," I murmured with a sigh lacing my fingers with his. "I'm sorry for worrying you. I just, I thought that's what you wanted. I couldn't stay because of that."

"Baby," Brantley sighed. "If you had just talked to me so much of this could have been avoided."

"Isn't that what we do best?" I grumbled shaking my head. "Not listen to each other."

"Seems to be," he chuckled raising our joined fingers to press a soft kiss to my knuckles. "I've missed you."

"I missed you too," I said. "What are we going to do B?"

"I'm not letting you go again that's for damn sure," Brantley grumbled making a smile spread across my lips as I turned to look up at him. He leaned down kissing me gently. "I love you Charli. I know I should have told you a while ago, but I really do."

"I love you too," I mumbled leaning up to kiss him again then snuggled back into his chest sliding my leg over his soaking up the warmth. I felt safe and comfortable. A feeling that I had missed the last few months.

So, parents hmm..." he murmured pressing a kiss behind my ear and easing our joined hands to settle over my still flat stomach. "When are you due?"

"February 20th,'' I said with a smile.

"Well," Brantley said with a quiet laugh. "Off by a month huh."

"I guess so," I said. "Close to being a birthday present to you. God B, we do everything backwards don't we. Sleep together, get married and don't remember it. Actually seem to be making things work, get divorced. Oh yea and some point in this we get pregnant. Damn it's a mess."

"We will figure it out baby," he chuckled. "How about this? For now, let's just take it a step at a time okay."

"But you know that when..." I went to argue but was cut off with a grumble. I let out a huff. "Fine....finish what you were saying."

"Thank you grouchy ass," Brantley said giving me a grin making me narrow my eyes.

"I'm not grouchy," I grumbled poking my lip out at him. "I'm just tired, hormonal, but at least I'm warm now."

"Good darlin," he chuckled. He stood up making me bite my bottom lip as the water sluiced down his muscular. He gave me a wink stepping out of the tub reaching for one of the big towels quickly drying off then wrapping it around his waist. A big hand was extended down to me slowly pulling me to my feet before scooping me up to stand on the rug. I laid my head on his shoulder with a sigh as he slowly dried me off. "Come on let's get you some rest."

"B," I mumbled sleepily as he picked me up again turning to head into the bedroom. "I can walk you know."

"Shh... I like having you in my arms," Brantley said with a quiet chuckle tugging the covers back and settling me onto the bed then dropping the towel crawling in bedside me. I turned onto my side facing him as he looked at me. "What?"

"I missed you," I whispered reaching a hand up to cup his cheek rubbing my thumb across it.

"Miss you too sweetheart," he murmured wrapping his arms around me. I snuggled closer as my eyes grew heavy. "I'm not going anywhere. Let's get some sleep baby. We will talk more after we both get some rest. You look like you need it and I flew cross country to be here. I love you baby girl."

"Love you too," I mumbled as I let sleep pull me under. I knew I was safe, warm, and I didn't want this feeling to end.