Chapter One

Present day....

Charlotte's POV

I paced back in forth in my apartment chewing on my thumb nail. I glanced at the clock sighing as I realized that not enough time had passed by. Savannah had to hurry up. I picked up my glass of wine off the coffee table taking a long drink to settle my nerves. Why had I forgotten about this! I tugged the strands of my shoulder length hair with a grimace. I mean surely since I never heard anything back then it wasn't legal, right? I glanced at the glittering four carat diamond solitaire on my finger knowing I had to find out what happened that night. I mean yea, I had bits and pieces flash in my mind from time to time.

A lot of steamy memories, that I tried to forget. Other than a pair of initials I never got his name. I tugged the hem of my t-shirt in frustration as I took another sip before dropping down on my couch. I still kicked myself for apparently marrying and sleeping with a complete stranger. I was not that girl! My front door flung open as Savannah flew in her blonde hair flying, waving a jump drive around in her hand. As a photographer, she always had a camera on her. Which is why I knew she had photos of our Vegas trip somewhere.

"Did you find them?" I asked as she kicked her Nikes off and dropped down beside me tugging my glass of out of my hand taking a healthy gulp. I took in her loose t-shirt and workout leggings. She must have come straight from the gym.

"Yep,'' she said with a laugh passing the glass back to me then reaching for my laptop flipping it open. I impatiently watched her click open the jump drive pulling up the photos. She narrowed her eyes as she looked through them. "I think these are it. Yep, there's Sam dancing on the bar at Coyote Ugly our first night there. God, we had a blast that weekend. Well.... you more so than others."

"Shut up Sav," I muttered pushing her shoulder as she snickered and kept scrolling. "You made out with that dude that looked like Channing Tatum."

"Mmmm..." Savannah said closing her eyes and smiling. "Marco.... He had moves I wanted to see."

"I have got to find this guy," I sighed biting my lip as she gave me a knowing look. "At least try and piece things together to I can check and see if we are really legally married. Daddy will kill me because I'm not being Charli, the good little solider, and Steven will have a heart attack."

"Well, the Colonel would get over it," Savannah muttered as she studied the screen intently. "Steven can just go fuck himself."

"Hey!" I snapped as she rolled her eyes. There was no love less between the two at all. He thought Savannah was too flighty and impulsive. She thought he was a stuck up pretentious snob. "That's the man I'm gonna marry you are talking about.''

"Hard to if you are already married," she snarked back then clicked on a photo with a grin pointing at the screen. I could barely make out either of our faces but the guy I had woken up with and I were clearly wrapped up in each other on the dance floor. I had my back to him grinding on him as his face was buried in my neck, big hands grasping my waist. I turned bright red at the photos. Savannah giggled. "Having hot flashbacks?"

"No!" I yelped as she snickered then clicked on another. This one we were wrapped around each other our lips firmly locked together with what looked like a very possessive grip on my ass. Savannah kept scrolling then she found one of me, her, Sam, and the guys that we had hung out with that night. All of us were holding up shots and smiling for the camera. I pointed at the screen. "There, that's him right there!"

"Ok," Savannah muttered taking her finger to swipe the screen making it larger. Her eyes grew wide as she sat there quietly. "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"

"What Sav?" I said. "Come on, do you remember something. Like a name maybe. Send it to Sam and see if she remembers. I've got to find him, and I have no clue where to start."