Prolouge

May 2010

Charlotte's POV

I blinked my bleary eyes as I shifted under the sheets. The sunlight streaming in from the windows. I focused a little and realized the curtain was half hanging from the rod. What the hell? I sat up quickly automatically regretted it. I raised my hands up holding my pounding head pushing my dark hair out of my face. It felt like the entire college dance team was dancing behind my eyes. God, how much did I drink last night. When the girls sprung the impromptu trip to Vegas for my twenty-first birthday, I had been excited for an excuse to cut loose after finals. A chill went over my skin from the air conditioning. I glanced down pulling the sheet away gasping when I realized I was naked. What the hell? I looked around the room as my eyes came into focus seeing that it was trashed.

I saw the sash that I had been wearing that said Birthday Girl hanging off the TV, my black lace bra draped over the lamp. I saw a pair of ripped jeans and boots that sure as hell weren't mine because I distinctly remember wearing a skin tight red dress last night. I saw one glittery red heel by the door to my room. My dress was slung over the back of the couch with the cushions half hanging off. I saw a couple of beer bottles scattered around the room with a Jager bottle on the table. I heard a quiet moan and figuring it was Samantha crashing with me I turned to poke her side and find out just what we did last night.

I gasped when I saw a pair of wide tan shoulders leading down to a narrow waist as the sheets were pooled right above his ass. Oh no. No. No. No. Face buried in the pillow I could only make out the shaggy brown hair and what looked like a black gauged ear ring. I noticed the tattoo on his arm and wondered just what the hell I had done. I jerked away tumbling out of the bed with a yelp landing on my bare ass. Hearing a noise, I closed my eyes praying I hadn't woken the guy up. I sat up slowly peering over the edge of the mattress only to see him shift in his sleep letting out a quiet snore.

I closed my eyes in relief he hadn't woken up. I couldn't help but notice that the sheet had slipped. Hmm... well he at least had a cute ass. God, this was so unlike me. One night stands were not my thing at all. I mean it had been a dry spell in the boyfriend department, but still. Maybe I didn't sleep with him. I moved my leg to stand up and winced, yep I did. I could tell the distinct soreness. Bracing my hands on the mattress, I pushed to my feet tugging the comforter with me to wrap around me as I searched for my clothes.

As I was bending over to grab my underwear something shiny caught my eye. No.....no.....no. I closed my eyes and opened them again to see the shiny gold band still on my left ring finger. Whirling around, I grabbed my head from the dizziness. You had to be kidding me! I did NOT get drunk in Vegas and marry some stranger!

I bit my lip keeping a whimper in as tears welled in my eyes. My father was going to kill me! Wait maybe it was just a joke. I grabbed my dress off the couch darting into the bathroom to pull it on. I looked in the mirror seeing the racoon eyes bloodshot. I gasped pushing my hair off my neck and groaning. Holy hell that was a hickey. I growled low in the back of my throat. Oh I had to get out of here. I tugged my dress on instantly regretting wearing the tight material last night.

I wiggled my way back into it praying I was at least in the same hotel. Opening the door, I gasped to see the man had woken up having his back to me as he stood beside the clearly wrecked bed. He was just tugging his jeans past his ass making me gasp. I covered my mouth as he turned slowly around to look at me, but not before I finally noticed the clearly red claw marks on his back.

"Ummm, hey," he muttered in a Southern drawl deeper than mine reaching up to rub the back of his neck looking at me. He studied me for a minute and my eyes narrowed as I realized he was trying to figure out my name. "It was ahh...shit....."

"Charli," I snarled through clenched teeth crossing my arms over my chest. He smirked a little as the move push my bare breasts up higher. Great, I was hungover, tired, obviously sore and now this asshole was ogling me. "Look we need to talk apparently. Last night....."

"Was great sugar," he said giving me a wink as he moved over to pick up a black t-shirt off the floor tugging it over his head. I noticed the chains on his jeans as he grabbed the Jager bottle shaking it to see if something was in there then grinning when it was a little left. Turned it up as I rolled my eyes at him. You had to be kidding me. He sat it down the turned to look at me with a smirk. "Listen, it was fun but all it was was one night okay."

"I notice several rings on your hands there," I said through clenched teeth stomping around looking for my heels. I grabbed them and was looking for my bra when he cleared his throat and I turned to see him smiling at me holding a finger up with my bra looped around it. I snatched it from him glaring.

"Darlin, I have several of them, want to see," he said with a laugh. He held both big hands out looking at them then I saw his face pale when he saw it. "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT??"

"What does it look like dumbass!" I snapped holding my own left hand up. "A damn wedding ring! I can't be married! I have school to finish."

"Well I sure as hell ain't doing marriage sweetheart!" he growled stomping closer to glare at me. I tugged the gold band off before snatching his hand and dropping it into his palm. "Nope. No way. No mam! I don't do commitment. Look maybe its just a joke ya know. We were with our friends last night that much I remember. Maybe it was a prank. My buddy Ben, this is something he would totally do."

"Maybe," I grumbled looking around for my purse. "I don't do shit like this. I don't sleep with strangers. Hell I don't even know your name!"

"Let's go with BG darlin," he muttered gathering up his boots and socks slipping them on. "I mean it's probably not even legal right. Have to wait and shit don't you. I was pretty hammered last night so doubt we consummated it."

"Oh we consummated it alright," I growled waving my hand around the room then shifting my hair off my neck pointing at it. I gritted my teeth at the prideful smirk that spread across his lips. I broke the stare down with him looking at the coffee table in front of me. My heart dropped to my toes as I saw a piece of paper lying there. I yanked it up holding it waving it around as my eyes welled up with tears. I held it up glaring. "Pretty sure this right here makes it legal!"

"The hell it does!" he snarled stopping over to snatch it out of my hand reading it closely. "Look, I am telling u its just a joke okay. Lets just forget about it and go on with our lives. I don't have the time or want for a wife right now. If ever!"

"Well then," I snapped putting my hands on my hips glaring at him. "Fuck you too!"

"That I did sugar," he murmured leaning closer to me. I tried to ignore the shiver as a flashback from the night before came floating back of just what those big hands felt like on my body. Shaking my head, I shoved his shoulder making him laugh. "Look leave me your number and I will take care of this okay. Hey, you are legal right?"

"Yes you ass! I am twenty-one," I seethed as I snatched the pen and paper of the table writing my number down quickly and slamming it into his chest. "Look just take care of it and call me to send the papers if it is legal. See ya around BG."

I grabbed my heels and purse then turned on my barefoot yanking the door open. I ran into a hard chest as I tried to hurry out.

"Ommphh," the guy yelped. I looked up glaring as the tall blonde guy with what appeared to be a pink mohawk stared down at me.

"Watch where you are going you damn jolly green giant!" I snapped shoving him out of the way and stalking down the hall. I heard a low whistle before I rounded the corner.

"Damn bro!" I heard as a loud boom of laughter followed me to the elevator. "She's sassy and hot!"

"Assholes," I muttered stepping into the elevator hoping I never had to see either of them again.