Finding Me - Book 4

By Erin__Lee

Emerson Isabella Stratton, 17 years old, bisexual. Emerson struggles with her identity. She is a girl and 9... More

BACK!!
"Sorry But I Can't."
"Date Night?"
"Happy Birthdy to Me!"
"Savior!"
"Taking a Break."
"Come Clean."
"Decision."
"I'm Sorry."
"Meeting."
"First."
"Admire."
"Million Bucks!"
"Chill."
"Uh No."
"Space."
"No Way!"
"Dream."
"Thankful."
"Fall."
"Together."
"Scared."
"Happy."
"Family."
"Lacrosse!"
"Day Off."
"Future."
"Relax."
"Plans."
"Show."
"Ignored."
"Parents."
"States!"
"True Love!"
"Gone."
"For You."
"Prom!"
"Path."
Epilogue pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter 1!
Bonus Chapter 2!
Bonus Chapter 3!
Bonus Chapter 4!
Authors Note

"Moment."

2K 71 31
By Erin__Lee

I wake up the next morning in my bed. Ma must've carried me up at some point last night.

I don't weigh much, like 165 lbs. Ma has always been pretty strong so it's no surprise that she carried me up.

Reaching over I shut my alarm off and roll out of bed, literally, before heading to the bathroom to shower.

Lately at school I've been sticking to my old outfits: skirts and tanks and stuff but at this point everyone thinks I'm some raging lesbian anyway so I decide to go with my out of school style.

I pull on a pair of black ripped jeans, a black and white baseball shirt, black huaraches, and a black SnapBack.

"That's different." Momma says as I walk into the kitchen.

Pausing I back step," is it bad?"

"No no, you look-"

"Fuckin sweet!" Ma exclaims coming in from the basement.

My eyes snap over to her," really?"

"Yeah you look great."

Smiling I grab an apple out the bag just as my phone goes off.

I pull it out my pocket," heya."

"Hey nerd, mind picking me up?"

"Yeah sure, send me your address I'll be there soon." I tell Liv.

"Will do."

After hanging up I kiss my moms on the cheek before leaving out. It takes a minute for me to get Olivia's text but it comes through so I head over to get her.

"Heyo!" She greets sliding into the car and shutting the door.

I smile at her," hey dude."

"Thanks for picking me up."

"No problem. Why didn't you drive?"

"My mom is using my car today." She says.

Moments later we pull into the school lot. I park by Seth's Jeep and we get out.

"Woah, you look great! I didn't even realize." Olivia says looking at my outfit.

I smile," thanks Liv."

We walk into the school and people turn to look at us. Not everyone at first. But then as one person looks the next person does.

And then the whispers ensue. Olivia and I walk to my locker and I catch bits and pieces of what's being said.

"So she's openly gay now?"

"-why Mia associated with her."

"She's kind of hot-"

I raise my brow at the last comment, turning to look at who said it. It's a girl. There's isn't one girl at this school who isn't homophobic, apart from me and Olivia.

"Did you-"

Olivia nods," yeah I heard it. Believe it or not she's not the only girl at this school who thinks you're hot."

"You've heard other girls say that I'm hot?"

"I've heard almost every girl say you're hot. I'm captain of the soccer team, I'm in the locker rooms fairly often and they talk . . . a lot."

Opening my locker I set my book bag in and grab my books," but they're all so . . . homophobic."

"No no no, they act homophobic because they see everyone else doing it," her eyes fall on someone behind me," even Mia's closest friends are pretending."

I look behind me to see Mia, Payton, Kara, and two other cheerleaders," who-" I stop before I ask.

'You were the one with your hand down my pants.'

"Okay wait, did you two seriously . . . have sex?" I ask.

Olivia nods," yeah. I forgot who's party we were at but I had like three drinks she had like two and she danced with me, grind on me really, then kissed me. When she pulled away she dragged me up to an empty room, stripped for me and we had sex."

Honestly I believe every word that she said but I couldn't believe it. If that makes sense. I know Olivia is telling the truth, 100%, but Kara trashes me just as much as Mia does.

"Hypocrite," I mumble shutting my locker.

Olivia and I step over to her locker and she grabs her things too.

"Yeah well let's not worry about it kay? Today will be a good day!"

***

Oh how I wish she was right.

Throughout the day I've been stared at lustfully eight times, by both genders. Mia harassed me at lunch before Will came to the rescue, Seth dangerously glaring at Mia, not for me but for Will, and Kara slapped me after seeing me and Liv talking.

We were talking about what happened between her and Liv at the party, and a few other ones, and I looked her way and she came over talking shit and I made some smart ass comment back and she slapped me.

The thing is I always say something back but when it gets physical I don't do anything. Some people find that backwards like why not ignore the words and when it gets physical say something. I would, but I'm not willing to hit them back and have them bitch to the principal about me hurting them.

The final bell rings and I gather my things, walking out the class.

"What're you doing today?" Will asks walking by my side.

"There's this spot my parents talk about a lot that I'm going to. Hoping to take some good photos."

He smiles," can I come? It'll be awesome seeing you in your element. I can like shadow you or just watch."

"You seem really interested."

"I am!"

Shaking my head, I chuckle and nod," yeah you can come. There's a park near it that we can meet at."

"Awesome," he fist pumps," I'll see you there . . . when?"

"7, right before sundown."

He nods and pats my shoulder before walking off.

I chuckle and grab my stuff and head over to Olivia's locker asking if she needs a ride. She says no so I tell her I'll see her later then leave out.

Jumping in my car I drive home to find that neither of my parents are home. I heave a sigh and go inside.

What to eat? What to eat?

There's leftovers but I don't really want that so I scan through the cabinets and refrigerator before deciding to grab a bowl of cereal and head upstairs.

Ten minutes into doing my homework I give in to the fact that the cereal just wasn't enough so I throw my legs off the bed and go back downstairs.

'Hey. Hey you! What're you doing?' I send to Jasmine as I sit on the kitchen counter.

Like always her reply is fast,' nothing much. What's up?' - J

'Just attempted to do some homework, failed, then decided I wanted to get a milkshake you want to come?'

Two minutes pass then she replies,' yeah sure, text me where I'll meet you.'

So I send the address then head upstairs and pack my photography stuff. Camera, batteries, lenses, and a drone.

After grabbing my keys and wallet, I head over to the diner. Not the one by the school too many familiar faces.

The drive over to the diner is short and when I arrive Jasmine is waiting by the door. She's clad in light blue skinny jeans, a white crop top, and a green camo jacket.

"I'm gonna have to work on my punctuality." I joke approaching her.

She chuckles," nah I'm just always early."

The wink she sends my way makes my heart stutter. Woah.

Chuckling I pull the door open for her and we seat ourselves. The waitress comes by and I order a strawberry shake and Jasmine gets a coke.

We idly chat until our drinks arrive.

"You sure you don't want a shake, my treat, it's probably one of the best I've ever had. Great fruit to ice cream ratio." I raise a brow at her.

"Well when you put it that way." She stands and comes to sit next to me in the booth.

She reaches over me for a straw and I'm hit with the scent of vanilla and cinnamon. It was intoxicating to me. My eyes follow her as she sticks her straw in my cup and sips my shake.

I suck in a breath subconsciously, my heart pounding in my chest.

"You're right, this is really good." She looks up at me, her eyes landing on mine that haven't left her since she came over.

There isn't a single blemish on her face. Reaching out I cup her cheek and run my thumb gently across it. Her skin is as smooth as it looks. Then my eyes travel to hers.

Brown. I'm submerged in the color immediately. I've never see Brown as a beautiful color until now. Looking in her eyes makes brown my new favorite color.

They are so warm and inviting. The color soothes me, like, like hot chocolate.

"Emerson," she says.

I'm in love with the sound of my own name. It falls from her lips so smoothly like she was meant to say it.

"Hm?"

"Your phone."

I pull myself away from the trans I've lost myself in and grab my phone, cursing it for ruining our moment.

"Hello?"

"Where the hell are you I'm at the park." Will's irritated voice rings through the phone.

Looking at the time, 7:15, I grimace," sorry man be there in ten."

He hangs up and I pocket my phone.

"Do you have to go?" Jasmine asks sliding back and out of the booth.

I want to reach out and pull her back to me but instead I nod," yeah I'm meeting a friend somewhere," pulling cash or my pocket, I drop it on the table and stand," do you want to come with?"

"Oh uh, so long as you don't mind."

"Of course not. Come on."

We leave out and get it my car, driving over to the park to meet Will. Only it's not just Will, it's Seth and Olivia too.

I roll down the window," you invited others."

Olivia feigns hurt, her hand flying to cover her heart.

"Follow me." I tell Will before rolling my window up and pulling off.

I drive through the woods and into the clearing, parking near the entrance, then getting out.

Everyone's face holds amazement when they step out the car.

I remember this spot, my parents spot, from when I was younger.

"This place is beautiful." Will whispers.

I reach into the back and grab my stuff before walking to the front of my car.

It takes me a moment to get everything together but once I do the first picture I take is of the entire thing.

I gets the trees, flowers scattering the ground, the cliff, parts of the water stretching out below it.

Then I grab my stuff and walk to the center of the entire thing, well what I can assume is the center. I take a few more photos of the trees, birds, a bunny and deer I was lucky enough to capture, and my friends.

Since we arrived they haven't said much to me. Not out of anger or anything but they saw me working so they've backed off.

Seth stands, arms wrapped around Will's waist, looking off towards the cliff. Will is talking away with Olivia, arms over Seth's.

Liv laughs, head thrown back and eyes shut, Will laughs to, half his face covered by Seth's big arms. I take a picture of the moment.

Then my eyes scan the clearing for Jasmine and they find her. She's lying on the ground staring up at the sky, eyes distant and holding curiosity and wonder in them.

As quietly as possible I get closer and take the photo. She's angelic.

Squaring my shoulders I walk over to the cliff and sit, my legs hanging off. I take a few photos of the horizon. The water stretches all the way over to the island.

I didn't miss the sunset so I'm able to capture a few photos. Then I pull out my drone.

It was a birthday gift from my grandparents last year. I haven't ever used it.

After powering it on I set it down then fly it up. It's takes me a minute to get use to the controls but once I do I direct it over the cliff.

Eyes still on it I lower it and point the camera down to the waves crashing into the side of the cliff and take the photo.

"You're really into this aren't you?"

I don't take my eyes off the drone as I fly it higher up and take pictures of the tree tops but I would know the voice anywhere.

"Yeah, I love it." I tell Jasmine.

She scoots a little closer, hand on my shoulder first, then she lies her head there instead.

"You want to be a photographer?" She asks.

I nod," I'm shooting towards a cinematographer so much as a photographer but if the first doesn't work out then definitely."

"What does a cinematographer do?"

"Whenever you watch a movie, all the camera angles, close ups, stills, that's handled by the cinematographer or director of photography. They hold all artistic and technical decisions related to image and film." I explain.

She nods, eyes following the drone as I land it at my side," so you'll be working on movies and music videos and stuff?"

"Yeah. Depending on how good I am I could direct a big time movie."

"Well as long as you don't forget me when you're all big and famous." She leans up and looks in my eyes.

I look down and put my hand over hers before looking back at her," I could never forget you."

Like at the diner I find myself lost in her eyes.

"Stratton!"

I look over at Olivia who's just ruined the moment, much like her friend did earlier.

"What?" I call back pulling my hand away from Jasmine's.

"It's getting late, let's roll we have school in the morning."

Nodding I stand up and offer Jasmine my hand to which she takes and I pull her up before packing my stuff up.

We get in the cars and pull off, driving back through the woods and back to the real world.

"Where to?" I ask Jasmine.

"Back to the diner."

Nodding I head back there and park at the curb.

"Thanks for tonight, I had loads of fun." She tells me.

I smile," good, I'm glad. I did too."

"Have a good night Emerson." With that she gets out the car, walks over to a black Mercedes, gets in the passenger seat and it pulls off.

My moms are home when I arrive. They're both in the kitchen cooking dinner.

"I'm home," walking into the kitchen I sit at the counter," whatcha makin?"

"Parmigiano and chicken. Come help." Momma says stepping to the side a little.

I wash my hands then stand between her and Ma. Ma slides some vegetables my way and hands me a knife.

While we cook I ask them about their days. Ma says that hers was uneventful as she just teaches college students. Momma on the other hand says that she's now working on a pretty big case.

A custody battle between two parents who are both fit to raise the kid but they just don't want to be bothered with each other. She says that it's much easier when there's a bad guy but in this instance there isn't one.

Once dinner is ready we sit at the table and they ask about my day.

"School was lame, I came home did some homework, went for milkshakes with Jasmine and I took some really cool photos at you guys' spot. It's so beautiful at sunset."

Ma smiles," I was going to propose to your Momma there."

"Awe really?"

She nods," yep."

"Wait, was? Why didn't you?" I ask finishing my pasta.

"Things just changed. Our paths didn't take us there. Instead I proposed at the Botanical Gardens in New York." She reaches over and grabs Momma's hand.

Momma smiles," we ended up with our happy ending anyway."

"Nah not the end, everyday feels like the beginning with you, I fall in love all over again." Ma beams at her.

So annoyingly, adorably, admirably in love these two.

"You're so sweet." Momma says leaning over and kissing Ma.

I smile before clapping," alright enough romanticism. What's for dessert?"

"Brigadeiro." Ma says before jumping up, collecting our plates and retreating into the kitchen.

She brings back three small bowls inside is one scoop of ice cream and two balls of chocolate covered in chocolate sprinkles.

When I bite into it I almost die," this tastes like heaven." I moan.

"At least you didn't spill it all over yourself the first time like I did." Momma says.

"That was way funnier than it should've been." Ma laughs.

I chuckle and a yawn escapes my mouth.

"Someone's tired. Go on head up to bed we'll clean things up." Ma says.

I nod, kiss them both goodnight before heading upstairs, showering, and going to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 567 25
*BEFORE YOU READ, KNOW THIS IS A STRUGGLE BETWEEN 1RST AND 3RD PERSON. THIS IS OFFICIALLY 1RST PERSON. THIS WAS ONE OF THE FIRST STORIES I MADE ON WA...
7.5K 642 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...
249 4 26
18-year-old Ada had a tough life. Always lying about who she really is, always hiding behind a mask, until she couldn't do it anymore. But telling he...
4.8M 143K 53
Addison is gay and has a massive crush on a cheerleader at her school. A cheerleader who is supposed to be 'straight'. But as the school year progres...