The last guard : RWBY x male...

By GlenAldoAZE

After years of brutal conflict, the civil war in Vacuo is coming near it's end. Just days before the governme... More

BIO
The Girls
Part 1 : the last one
Part 2 : finally free
Part 3 : a new home
Part 4 : the first day
Part 5 : Life in Beacon
THE NEW GIRLS
Part 6 : blast from the past
Part 7 : strange days
The new girls (again)
Part 8 : a new enemy
A new girl (yet again)
Part 9 : secrets
Part 10 : the dance ?
Part 11 : first mission
Part 12 : a familiar sight
New girl (this is the last one) i think
Part 13 : an early victory
Part 14 : an enemy or not ? Pt.1
Another Girl (i swear she's the last one)
Part 15 : an enemy or not ? pt.2
Part 16 : an enemy or not ? pt.3
Part 17 : an enemy or not ? Pt.4
Part 18 : a chocolate and a rabbit
Part 19 : a joyful rose
Part 20 : hard as ice
Part 21 : a sad kitten
Part 22 : flaming yellow
Part 23 : a warrior or a hero ?
SOMETHING IMPORTANT
Part 24 : a not so calm before the storm
Part 25 : the fall pt.1
Part 26 : the fall pt.2
Part 27 : aftermath
Part 28 : a new beginning
Part 29 : mistral menace pt.1
Part 30 : mistral menace pt.2
Part 31 : the black bird
Part 32 : mother's rosario
Part 34 : change of plans
Part 35 : the iron city
Part 36 : Homecoming
Something
We have a winner!!!
Part 37 : shady business pt.1
The new girl!!!
Part 38 : shady business pt.2
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
Part 39 : the end or the beginning ?
Voting time!!!
The result!!!

Part 33 : an unexpected encounter

5.1K 95 81
By GlenAldoAZE

(Y/N) : your name
(O/N) : other name
" " : dialogues

((Y/N)'s POV)

I opened my eyes to see that i was back on the beach again. I never got tired of seeing the view. It's a good escape. As i was just staring at the ocean, i heard some footsteps from behind me.

Marie : "you're back! That was quick" she said not able to hold back her excitement as she charged at me before tackling me with a hug.

Pyrrha : "Marie.. please calm down. But still..... you came back quite fast. You don't usually do that"

Me : "well, I haven't had much chance to rest lately"

Pyrrha : "you should rest more. Don't overwork yourself"

Me : "I can't. I have to make things right first" i said as they both looked sad.

Marie : "then can you at least promise us that you'd do that as soon as possible"

Pyrrha : "yeah, i want this all to end"

Me : "we all do Pyrrha, we all do" i said as i could feel a light headache and a voice ringing inside my head.

Marie : "looks like someone is trying to wake you up" she said as the headache intensified.

Pyrrha : "see you later (Y/N), good luck and be safe" that was the last thing i heard before everything went bright......

I opened my eyes to see Vernal standing just outside the tent. She looked annoyed.

Vernal : "hey, wake up! Raven sent a message for you" she said while signaling me to get out of the tent using her hand. I then got up and went outside to see that most of the camp were empty, but there were still some of the tribe left. I then turned towards Vernal.

Me : "what message ?"

Vernal : "she wants you to inspect the explosives for the raid" she said before walking towards the gates as i followed. After we went through the gates, i could see an iron wagon parked outside. It was filled with all kinds of explosives which was mostly military grade.

Me : "how did you get these ?"

Vernal : "Raven has a lot of 'friends'"

Me : "hmmm..... i see.. anyways, these will probably be enough to blow down the walls"

Vernal : "good, then we're done here" she said before walking back towards the gates.

Me : "wait, where's Raven ?"

Vernal : "she's readying the tribe for the raid. She'll be back tomorrow"

Me : "then what should i do now ?"

Vernal : "well... if you don't have anything worthwhile to do, then why don't you go to Kuchinashi ? There are all sorts of 'entertainments' there" she said before she continued walking. I could only sigh. There's nothing to do here. I should go to Kuchinashi and go check on the Generals to see how they're doing. But i need some kind of transportation. And so, i walked towards the forest and just walked for half an hour until i see a grimm. It was a Beowolf. I approached it slowly and it suddenly noticed me. The Beowolf then walked towards me as i raised my hand towards it's head.

Me : "i'm not going to hurt you boy. But can i get some help ?" I said as it growled a bit before lowering it's head. I then climbed up it's back and just rode it through the forest.

(Time skip 3 hours)

After riding through the forest for a few hours, i finally ready the edge of the forest. The last time I traveled from here to the Branwen camp, it took more than seven hours. Beowolves really are faster than horses.

Me : "thank you boy, now go back to your home the people here will kill you if they see you" i said as i pet it's head. The Beowolf then ran towards where we came. I then proceeded on foot until i reached the city gates. After i entered the city, i put my cloak back on to avoid any unnecessary attention as i walked around to find the house with the symbol on it. Fortunately, i still remember where it was and i found it after only a few minutes of searching. As i walked in, i could see Joseph serving drinks just like a normal bartender. I then sat on the stool as he walked towards me.

Joseph : "good day, I didn't expect you to cone back this early"

Me : "well, i wanted to see the Generals"

Joseph : "they're at the base. Go through the back. You still remember the way right ?"

Me : "of course, thank you"

Joseph : "anytime" he said before i stood up and walked towards the back. After i found the tunnel entrance, i went down and just followed the tunnels.

(Time skip one hour)

After i reached the tunnel exit, i went up towards the surface and continued walking until i found the cave. I then entered the cave and reached the door. I then knock as a small opening were opened.

??? : "what's the pass- oh hell!! You're the Elite Guard!!! Come in! Come in!" A man from the other side said before opening the door.

Me : "thank you, i need to see the Generals. Where are they ?" I said to the soldier who was guarding the door.

Soldier : "they're in the briefing room"

Me : "thank you" i said before i walked towards the briefing room. Inside, General Khan and General Lathifa were reading some kind of letter.

Me : "General" i said to get their attention.

General Khan : "ahh (O/N), you're here"

General Lathifa : "(O/N), what brings you here ?"

Me : "i have some free time and i decided to check up on things here. What is that ?" I said the last part while pointing at the letter on the table.

General Khan : "it's a letter from our allies in Vacuo"

Me : "a letter ? You used a letter for intercontinental communication ?"

General Khan : "yeah, since the CCTS tower in Vacuo is controlled by Salem's puppets, they've been blocking any transmissions coming in or out of Vacuo"

General Lathifa : "and so, we decided to use letters and deliver them manually"

Me : "Manually ?"

General Khan : "yes, with airships"

Me : "i see... so, what is in it ?"

General Khan : "mostly intel from our spies about the details on the Royal Army back in Vacuo"

General Lathifa : "the Royal Army is still trying to hunt down our forces scattered within the desert"

General : "but fortunately, our troops have been successful in thwarting their efforts"

Me : "that is good to hear"

General Khan : "yes, all we have to do is go there and rally the troops"

General Lathifa : "after you get the dusts, we'll be ready to move"

Me : "i'll have the dusts tomorrow"

General Khan : "good"

Me : "well then, i should go back"

General Lathifa : "okay then, be careful and good luck"

Me : "thank you General" i said as they both just smiled. I then walked out and head towards the door. After i exit the base, i went back into the tunnel and back to the tavern. As i went up to the surface, the whole building were silent. As i walked towards the bar, i looked around to see that there was nobody there. I then walked towards the door to see that it was unlocked. I then walk out to see Joseph sitting next to the door while smoking a cigarette.

Joseph : "hey (Y/N), you're back"

Me : "you're still here ? Shouldn't you be going home ?" I said as he just smiled while looking at the sky. It was dark, but I could still see the stars. I think it was already midnight.

Joseph : "home ? My home is in Vacuo"

Me : "we're going there soon"

Joseph : "yeah, I can't wait to see my wife and daughter after this is all over"

Me : "you have a daughter ?"

Joseph : "yeah, her name is Rina. She's supposed to be nine years old this year. I haven't seen her since the war started" since the war started ? That's more than four years. Her daughter must've been lonely without her father.

Me : "don't worry, the war will be over soon" i said. But as i looked at his face, there were tears as he pulled out a picture of three people. A woman with black hair and a little girl with similar black hair and Joseph's blue eyes and lastly, Joseph himself. A family, i think. They look happy in the picture.

Joseph : "I don't even know if this war is worth it or not ?" He said as he kept staring at the picture.

Me : "huh ?"

Joseph : "i know that this is important. We're not just fighting for Vacuo, but for all of remnant. But still.... I can't stop thinking about how my daughter will live without me"

Me : "don't say such things. You will survive" i said as he just kept staring at the picture. But still.... he's here fighting, risking his life every day but now, here he sat worrying about his daughter. Not his own life, but his daughter's.

Joseph : "i just want this to end" he said while standing up.

Me : "don't worry, it will" i said as he locked the doors before turning towards me.

Joseph : "you're still young, i can tell. You still have a future. I do hope that you'll survive this war and have your own kids one day" what he said really struck my mind. I never thought about it before. What would i do when the war is over ? And moreover, kids ? I never would imagine myself having children. What kind of children would i have anyway ? What would they be with a father like me ? Even Raven would be a better mother than me being a father.

Me : "thank you, good luck too. I hope you'll be able to go home soon"

Joseph : "thanks" he said as he walked away. I then continued to walk around the city. As i walked towards the city center, there were lights everywhere. The city center is full of life. There were people dancing while being drunk, people playing music while being drunk, and people singing while being drunk. This is Kuchinashi. I shouldn't be surprised. But as i glanced around the crowd, i saw a girl. She looked oddly familiar for some reason. But I couldn't be sure. I could only see the back of her head. She was wearing something that looked like a traditional clothing in Mistral with an umbrella covering most of her face. I then decided to follow her, but i soon lost her in the crowd. After a while, i saw her again only to disappear again. This happened a few times until i saw her enter one of the big buildings there. And so, i walked towards the door to follow her until i was stopped by a man.

Man : "hey! You're not on the list!" He said preventing me to enter.

Me : "what is this place anyway ?"

Man : "get lost you weirdo!" He was then about to punch me when i pulled out a bag of liens.

Me : "can i go in now ?"

Man : "pleasure doing business with you" he said before stepping away. I then went inside to see that i am inside a pleasure house. It was a place where rich criminals go to get some 'entertainment' or some sorts. I began to walk around trying to look for the girl, but it was hard since most of the girls there were wearing the same type of traditional clothings. As i was walking around, i found myself wandering towards the main room. It was large with many women that were wearing traditional clothings serving drinks for the men there. But in the middle of it all, i saw her. With the pink and black dress. As i saw her face, the only thing on my mind was.......

What is she doing here?!!!!!!

Me : "NEO?!!!!!" Without me realizing, I actually yelled when i called her name. Every person there turned their gaze towards me and her. As for Neo, she just stood there frozen as she just stared at me. But then suddenly.......

??? : "it's her!!!! She's the assassin!!!!!" One of the men yelled before they all pulled out their weapons and pointed them at Neo.

??? : "kill her before she gets to the boss!!!" He said as every man with a gun fired their weapons at Neo. But she managed blocked them all with her umbrella. But it was only a matter of time before she would get overpowered. I need to do something to help.

Me : "Neo, cover your eyes!!!" I yelled as i pulled out a flash bomb from my pouch and threw it at the ground. The sound of the flash bomb could be heard as all the men there were blinded by the flash. I then used my power to quickly knock out each and every one of them. As they all were lying on the ground unconscious, i turned my gaze towards her as she just stood there frozen.

Me : "Neo ? Is that really you ?" I said snapping her back to reality before she suddenly ran outside of the room. I was confused and decided to ran after her. As i ran past the hallways, i could see many bodies lying in the ground. What happened here ?

??? : "no please!!!! Don't kill me!!!! I'll give you anything you want!!!!" I could hear screaming coming from a room that was at the end of the hallway. As i opened the door, i could see Neo stabbing a man with the sharp end of her umbrella.

Me : "Neo! What are you doing ?" I said as she looked at me before running towards me and grabbed my hand. She then dragged me through the hallways towards a large window. I don't like where this is going. Then suddenly..........

(A/N): I don't know how to write a glass breaking sound effect, sorry!!!! 😊

I could hear the sound of glass breaking as our bodies fell. Then.......

SPLASHH!!!!!!!!!

(A/N) : i'm sorry that i'm so bad at writing sound effects!!! 😊

Before I realized it, we were underwater. It looked like we jumped into a river. I then felt my hand being pulled. I turned around to see Neo pulling me to the edge. I then swam and got up to the streets before pulling Neo up.

Me : "Neo ? Where- " i said before being cut off by her pulling my hand before dragging through the streets of Kuchinashi. I couldn't say anything as i just followed her. After a while, She finally stopped in an alleyway. She then looked around before looking at me.

Me : "uhh.... Neo-" i was cut off when she suddenly embraced me in a spine breaking hug. She stayed like that for a few seconds before she pulled out her scroll.

(Her dialogues are texts from her scroll)

Neo : "(Y/N), is that really you ?" Her face looked sad as she showed me her text. I've never seen her making a face like that. What happened to her ?

Me : "yes... Neo, it's me" i opened my mask to reveal my face. As soon as i opened my eyes, i could see tears flowing down her cheeks. Why is she crying ?

Me : "Neo ? Why are yo-" i was cut off when she suddenly hugged me again.

Me : "come one, we'll talk somewhere else. It's not safe here" i said as she nodded. We then walked away from the alley to find a safe place.

(Time skip 10 minutes)

After a while, we finally decided to hide on top of one of the buildings there. Up there, we lit a small fire to warm ourselves and also to dry up our clothes. We sat next to each other as we pulled out our hands near the fire. I could see the stars in the sky as the memories of her began to fill my mind. Which suddenly disappeared as i could feel something heavy on my shoulder. I turned my head to see Neo leaning her head against me. There's something different about her. What exactly happened to make her like this ?

Me : "Neo, what are you doing here in Kuchinashi ?" I asked as she hesitantly typed something on her scroll.

Neo : "i'm here because i was hired to kill a criminal"

Me : "you're an assassin ?"

Neo : "yes"

Me : "what happened ? How did you end up here in Mistral ?" I asked as she just looked up to the sky with tears in her eyes.

Neo : "i didn't have anywhere else to go"

Me : "what do you mean ? You're not working with Cinder anymore ?"

Neo : "no"

Me : "why ?"

Neo : "everything ended that night"

Me : "that night ?" As i said that, more tears could be seen flowing down her cheeks as she tried to write something on her scroll.

Neo : "so many things happened that night"

Me : "what happened ?"

Neo : "i lost everything" her eyes were full of despair. I've seen those eyes before. Soldiers that survived the carnage of battles had similar looks.

Me : "what do you mean ?"

Neo : "Roman died"

Me : "wait, Roman Torchwick is dead ?" She was trying so hard not to cry. But it seemed like it was not enough.

Neo : "and you died too...." she had a pained expression on her face as she said that.

Me : "about that..... well, i did actually. But i was resurrected by a friend of mine"

Neo : "i just hope that this is not a dream"

Me : "it's not, I'm really here"

Neo : "thank Oum. You two are the only people that were actually kind to me"

Me : "tell me, how did you two meet ? How did you get so close ?" I asked as she looked up to the sky again. But this time, she was smiling as she began typing on her scroll.

Neo : "he found me one day and took me in. I don't know how to explain it, but that day was the lowest point of my life. That day, i really hit rock bottom. I didn't even care whether i was still alive or not. I didn't even want to live. But one day, he just suddenly came. And he showed me a new way to see the world. I know we did a lot of bad things, but we were living. And i enjoyed every second of it. He saved me. He gave me a reason to live. He was the only thing closest to a family for me, a father" she wiped a tear as she showed me the text. Family, i've been hearing that word many times lately. And I think I'm beginning to understand why it is so important.

Me : "tell me, what was he like ? Not as a criminal mastermind, but a person"

Neo : "he was selfish, immature, and annoyingly funny. But i loved him as he was my own father" there were no more tears in her eyes by the time i finished reading text.

Neo : "enough about me, what about you ? What happened ? How were you resurrected ? This all just doesn't make any sense"

Me : "well, i was brought back to life when Marie used what's left of her powers to repair my body"

Neo : "as much as I don't want to, i need to thank her for that" she was chuckling a little. Her eyes are now shining under the moonlight. As she blinked, I realized that their color changes.

Me : "i've been meaning to ask you, why does your eyes change colors like that ? That's amazing" as i said that, her eyes went wide as she suddenly pulled out her scroll again.

Neo : "amazing ? That's the first time i heard someone calling them that"

Me : "really ?"

Neo : "yeah, usually they would say, weird, freakish, crazy, and terrifying"

Me : "how is that terrifying ?" I said while pointing my fingers to her eyes as she just chuckled.

Neo : "i know right ?"

Me : "how did you do that exactly ?" Her expression suddenly changed to a grimm one.

Neo : "I don't want to talk about it"

Me : "okay then"

Me : "what are you going to do now ? After everything that's happened ? Where will you go ?"

Neo : "I don't know, I don't even know what should i live for anymore"

Me : "that was exactly how i felt before Ozpin and aunt Glynda found me" i said as she just looked at me.

Neo : "what did you do then ?"

Me : "well, they gave me a second chance to live and practically forced me to take it. And now i'm here trying to make the most of it. I'm trying to fix everything. As you know it, the world is broken right now"

Neo : "you mean, i should help people ?"

Me : "yes, you sure have the powers to do so" i said as she just looked up to the sky, thinking.

Neo : "okay then, i'll try"

Me : "that's good to hear. How are you going to start ?"

Neo : "i can help anyone i want right ?"

Me : "yes"

Neo : "then i choose to help you"

Me : "what do you mean ? Help me with what ?"

Neo : "i'll go with you and help you fix the world" what she said shocked me.

Me : "are you sure ? You will be in terrible danger if you do so"

Neo : "I don't care as long as i'm there with you"

Me : "but-" i was cut off by her putting her finger on my lips.

Neo : "my decision is final" i could only sigh as she practically rubbed her scroll on my face.

Me : "fine" i said as she smiled and hugged me.

Neo : "thanks (Y/N)" i said as the fire of was getting smaller and the air started getting colder.

Me : "i'll go get more wood to burn okay, stat here" i said before jumping down to 'find' some fire wood"

(Time skip 20 minutes)

After a while, i got back up to the roof only to see that Neo was already sleeping. She looked so peaceful. But i realized that her scroll was on the ground and it was still turned on. I picked it up to see that there was a text written in it.
It said........

One day, a beautiful woman gave birth to beautiful baby. As she looked at the little girl sleeping on her arms, she could see the perfect image of herself. The same hair, the same eyes, the same skin. But there was one difference that the little girl had with her. The difference is that she does not have a voice, a mute. The perfect daughter she always wanted to have was ruined by this single curse. And so, she decided that she doesn't want the little girl and just threw her away, without a single care what happens to her. One day, a man found the girl near a trash can and decided to take her. At first, he was kind and caring. But soon, the girl would learn that those things only came when somebody wants something in return. 'Experiments' that's what he called them. She would do unspeakable experiments to her so that he could use 'magic'. He wanted to create something unnatural and powerful. But he failed. After a while, he finally decided to 'discard' the test subject. He called her a 'broken tool' the girl was devastated. Not because she was tortured for nothing, but because she failed not only as a human, but a tool as well. She was worthless, useless.... she was nothing. But at least, she's not with that man anymore. But his 'experiments' didn't leave her untouched. Something happened to her that made her a 'freak' everybody was scared of her. She was different, she was broken. One day, the girl was walking down the street. People were looking at her. Most of them avoided her. The rest would talk about her. Calling her freak, crazy. Insane, criminal, trash. But their eyes says the same thing, fear. But then, she bumped into someone. But it was different. She couldn't see any hint of fear in his eyes. His expression was cold and yet why does the girl felt like she could trust him ? The person weren't the most polite person ever. He did call her a 'little girl' and that's just as insulting as what the other people were saying.

(Y/N), what I'm trying to say is.......

I'm glad that i met you.

END of part 33

I'm really sorry for the late update. I'm not gonna lie, i've been playing too much PUBG and PALADINS lately. So, sorry!!!

Anyways, i do not own RWBY and any of the pictures i used

Thank you and see you later

BYE!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 229 17
After the fall of Beacon Academy and the death of the Fall Maiden who Hector killed himself, he has decided to do something neither side has consider...
66.5K 1.6K 26
When the infected destroyed the world all hope was lost. Y/N lost everything and everyone he loved and cared about in his world. Believing he the onl...
47.8K 844 50
After the events of Max Steel Season 2 with The destruction of Makino and Just after the events of, the Wrath of Makino, but before the Morpheus movi...
7.7K 201 19
The road to Atlas had come to an end. But things there aren't as expected, and the one responsible for the situation seems to be General Ironwood. Ka...