Silver Linings {A TVD Fanfic...

By xlaurynwritesx

Emmaline Flemming had an ordinary life. Well she thought it was ordinary, at least. Her mother died when she... More

Prologue
Part One
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Part Two
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
Part Three
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

35

872 25 0
By xlaurynwritesx

I inhaled deeply and took some more short deep breaths. I opened my eyes and looked up to see Damon standing over me.

"Are you okay?" He asked looking at my face.

I looked around still shocked. "Where's Elena?" I asked breathing quickly.

"I was going to go get her, I just- I needed to make sure you were okay first." He replied as he held the side of my face.

"Get her. Please." I begged looking to him before he nodded and vamped away.

I got up feeling a little lightheaded. I lifted up my shirt and the hole was healed. I touched it and sighed. I grabbed a stick and pushed it into my palm. I winced lightly and took it out. The hole bled but quickly vanished, healing itself. It was official. I was in transition.

I stood up and looked around. I saw Damon holding Elena bridal style as she lay limp in his arms. I went over and looked at her. I grabbed her arm and a tear fell out of my eye. "We have to get away from here." Damon insisted as I nodded.

We walked to a house and got inside. He went and put Elena on the couch and I stood by the door still in shock. I learned who I was and lost who I was all in one day. I felt overly emotional about everything, but honestly maybe it was normal since I normally felt nothing. Something about that made me not want to move. All I did was let tears roll out.

"Emma." I heard as I looked up to see my dad. He came over and hugged me and I slowly put my arms around him. "Are you okay? What happened?" He asked as I smelt something.

"I died." I replied sniffling lightly as I leaned my head on his shoulder. I looked at his neck and felt myself salivating.

"It's gonna be okay." He replied but I wasn't sure if I believed him.

I started hearing his blood gush through his veins. I wanted to bite him. I quickly thought about it and pushed him away as he stumbled into the wall.

"Emmie? Is everything okay?" Dad asked as Damon came over to me.

"Hey come here." Damon said guiding me away to the other room.

"I almost- Damon." I worried, breathing quickly as I heard a deep breath from the other room.

Damon paused. "It's Elena. She's okay." He reassured as I felt some relief but I couldn't manage to do anything. "Hey. It's gonna be okay." He said grabbing my face gently. "Let's go get you some blood." I nodded lightly.

He went to go tell my dad and I've never seen him look more sad. He couldn't be near me without the threat of me trying to kill him and that made me want to scream. I got into Damons car and I took a deep breath.

"What do I do?" I asked sitting in the passenger seat.

"What?" He asked confused.

"I found out I was half witch, had all my blood magically sucked out of me, and then I was killed." I looked to him.

"Wait half witch?" He asked confused.

"Turns out Katherine told the truth. Since I wasn't natural I possess magic in me and even though I don't look like them, I'm also half doppelgänger." I sighed. "I didn't even know that was a thing." I shook my head. "What do I do?"

"I- I don't know." He sighed lightly with a shake of his head. I looked forward and let a tear fall from my eye. I was surprised.

"I died." I cried lightly. "I almost tried to kill my dad." I continued. I hadn't cried this much ever.

"Hey, it's not your fault." He assured looking at me but I kept crying. "Emma." He grabbed my hand and held it. "Everything will be okay. I'll help you figure everything out. You'll make it through this."

"Promise?" I asked looking to him.

"I promise." He nodded to me. We got to the boarding house and Damon held my hand as we went in. We walked down the hallway to the basement and I felt myself starting to remember things. It started to cloud my vision.

I went down the upstairs hallway and I saw Andie running out putting on her coat. She was definitely in lingerie but she was crying so I assumed that meant her efforts didn't work.

I was walking past Damons room which was one before mine and I saw him sitting on the ground. He had just stomped out of the living room and I was worried. "Hey. Are you okay? I just saw Andie." I asked looking to him as he turned and I saw blood on his chin. "What did you do?" I asked as I walked in.

"She wouldn't leave. I told her to and she didn't and I got angry." He replied as I went towards him.

"Is it because of what happened with Stefan?" I asked. I began to remember the memory and when it happened. It was the night Damon and Stefan got in a fight.

"You heard us?" He asked worried.

"No, but he did say you were upset." I replied as I walked over to him. "What happened?"

"It's not important." He said standing up.

"It is actually. You got angry at me so that means it had to do with me. What did he say?" I asked.

"If I tell you I'd have to make you forget." He replied as I looked to him.

"Okay." I nodded. "I haven't drank vervain coffee since I was last at my house." I shrugged lightly.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because it's not a regular item at Casa de Salvatore." I replied. "Besides I trust you both to not compel me, but if you think you have to-" I started as I took off my bracelet. "-then you can." I handed it to him as he held it by the chain.

"Why do you want to know if you'll forget?" He asked shaking his head.

"Because I know you need to let it out and I'm here for you. I know you need to let it out so tell me your secret." I urged looking to him.

"You. My secret it you." He sighed looking at me as I furrowed my brows. "Stefan and I were fighting because he thinks I'm bad for you. He thinks I'll brake you."

"Brake me?" I asked confused.

"He thinks that if I act on my feelings then you will just end up doing things that you'll end up regretting." He explained looking at me emotionally. I looked at him surprised. His secret was that he liked me and I wasn't mad about it. I was actually kind of happy.

"And since when does his opinion matter?" I asked confused. "Since when does he decide what you do?"

"He's right Emma. I'll never be able to be good for you. I'll just make everything worse and I can't do that to you." He said as he put his hand on my cheek.

"Everything is already bad. To be honest you've been a light in the darkness of everything." I explained.

"Really when?" He asked in disbelief moving his hand.

"My mom died and you were the first person to ask if I was okay. My dad got possessed and you were the one to let me in. You've always been the first to make sure how I felt and that is something that I didn't recognize until you came along." I explained.

"But I've done so much wrong. I've ruined things for you too." He shook his head.

"Name one that you didn't genuinely apologize for." I suggested and it was quiet. I got closer and I smiled lightly. "You've made things better wether you want to admit it or not. And even though you're about to take this moment away, this is another to add to the list of good."

"Why do you see the good?" He asked curiously. "You've always seen the good."

"Because it takes a bad person to know one and I know that underneath is the person I'm seeing now. The person who just wants to be loved. The piece of you I've been looking for is here." I wiped the blood streak that ran from his lip to his chin and wiped the blood on his shirt. "The kindhearted, caring, protective you." I looked back up to his eyes as he let out a tear.

"I don't want you to forget." He revealed his voice unwavering.

"I don't have to." I replied. I was okay with this.

"Yes you do." He blinked causing another tear to follow. I wiped them just like he did for me all those times.

"Why?" I asked curiously. I liked Damon when he showed his underneath. The side of him that was more compassionate. He treated it like a weakness but it was a strength.

"Because I love you Emma. I love you and I'll ruin everything for you. I can't let myself make things worse for you no matter how hard it may be." He shook his head.

I looked to him and got on my tippy toes grabbing his face and kissing him. It was different than the last time. This time it meant something more. We both wanted it. His hands rested on my neck lifting up my chin to kiss him. I felt one of his tears fall on my cheeks and he pulled away quickly.

"I can't." He whispered sadly but it looked like everything in him was telling him he could. Another tear fell. "I can't let myself do this."

I nodded as I wiped his tear. "But Damon-" I started.

"No." Damon said as he grabbed my cheeks and looked at my eyes. "You'll forget that you came in here to talk to me and that you saw Andie. You'll forget everything that I told you. You only came to ask for pajamas." He compelled looking to me as I moved my hand from his face.

"Hey do you have a shirt I can sleep in?" I asked as he nodded. He wiped his eyes. "Something in your eye?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah. Stray dust I guess." He sighed as he grabbed a shirt. He threw it to me.

"Thanks." I smiled lightly as I looked at the black shirt.

I kept walking, the memory only taking a second. I looked at Damon who walked in front of me almost in shock, still holding his hand. I didn't know what to do about it all. He took me to a freezer. I smelt something good. I knew it was blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.4K 1.1K 22
Her ~ TVD Soulmate Book Note: Alaric is being played by Jensen Ackles and not Matt Davis -------- Ray William lives helping taking care of her littl...
19.7K 486 43
Emma has had one hell of a ride - from finding out who she truly was, becoming a vampire, and sadly, loosing her dad. Now she's decided to leave ever...
3.1K 43 19
Ariana finally makes it back to Mystic Falls after a long trip in New Orleans, she discovers that her parents have been in an acident, casuing their...
Maddison By Evie

Fanfiction

129K 3.1K 78
Maddison has lived with her family in Mystic Falls for 16 years with her older sister, Elena Gilbert and younger brother, Jeremy Gilbert. They all we...