Blinded by Limerence

By KaitlynSee413

"You, uh, plan to go out like that?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I cast my gaze downwards, and that's when I remem... More

00 | Author's Note
01 | Something Needs to Happen
02 | Making Progress
03 | The End of the World
05 | For Safe Keeping
06 | The Brew
07 | More to Him
08 | The Perfect Distraction
09 | I Like You
10 | On a Scale From One to Ten
11 | See You, Darhk
12 | I'm Happy for You
13 | Blushing Mess
14 | Behind Closed Doors
15 | Hot for Teacher
16 | Little Did I Know
17 | Lost Memories and Broken Promises
18 | Sudden Surge of Courage
19 | All I Need
20 | Gong Cha or CoCo?
21 | Her Knight in Shining Armor
22 | Be Careful Out There
23 | Long Shot
24 | What Can I Say?
25 | Mixed Signals
26 | Shark Pajamas and Scalding Hot Lattes
27 | The Not-so-bad Bad Boy
28 | Nothing Else
29 | Broken
30 | I Promise
31 | Set My Heart Ablaze
32 | The Body Isn't Cold Yet
33 | A Bit of a Ladies' Man
34 | You Little Minx
35 | The Perfect Remedy
36 | I Want to Be Noticed
37 | Lack of Sobriety
38 | Thicker Than Water
39 | He Isn't Good for You
40 | She Feels for You
41 | Not Just Any Boy
42 | Get Your Girlfriend in Order
43 | Tomato Red
44 | She's Awake
45 | The Broken Hearts Club
46 | One Weird Afternoon
47 | You, Me, and the Boys
48 | They're Endgame
49 | The Bad Guy
50 | A Drunken State of Mind
51 | The After Party
52 | Attractive
53 | Where Are the O's
54 | She Didn't Deserve This
55 | Untouched
56 | Just a Thought
57 | Stranger in the Mirror
58 | His Smile
59 | Forget-me-nots
60 | He's Always Known
61 | In a Heartbeat
62 | The Role of Grieving Almost-Girlfriend
63 | All We Want
64 | Sleepy Hours
65 | One Day at a Time
66 | Thanks for Everything
67 | Happy Graduation!
68 | Her Redeeming Qualities
69 | The Lonely Hours of the Afternoon
70 | Missing
71 | She's Gone
72 | Lights Will Guide You Home
73 | Just Like His Father
74 | His Name
75 | The Sun and the Moon
76 | The Bane of Addie's Existence
77 | Noticeable Changes
78 | Five
79 | Adult Talk
80 | On Her Own
81 | Closure
82 | A Mess of Things
83 | Together At Last
84 | To Whom Her Heart Belongs
85 | The Moral of the Story
Epilogue
Afterword 🌸

04 | S.O.S.

104 5 15
By KaitlynSee413

Morgan

"What's the capital of Australia?" asked Hanna, facing me from my study desk.

"Well, contrary to popular belief," I answered as I rolled onto my back on my bed so that my head was hanging off the edge and my extremely overgrown bangs fell backwards, "it's not Sydney but Canberra."

She scribbled it down on her notebook and proceeded to ask another question. "And what do we think of the emu war?"

"Well, I think it's dumb," I chuckled, emphasizing the 'I'. "Am I done doing your homework yet?"

"Yep!" she grinned happily, slamming her notebook shut. She got up from the wooden chair and flopped down onto my bed next to me. "Whacha doin'?" she asked cutely, peering over my shoulder to look at my phone.

"N-nothing!" I immediately stuttered, turning my phone off. I wasn't even doing anything Archer related, but I've reached the point of paranoia that I literally can't be around Hanna without being tense and obvious.

Hanna sighed. "You know," she began, "Archer talked to me today."

I froze as a pan of jealousy overcame me. All of a sudden, my sending Archer a friend request meant nothing to me and no longer seemed like a major feat. Heck, I want to be talked to by the boy, too.

She took my silence as a reply and continued, "Well, not talk, per se. He sent me a message on Facebook."

"W-what did it say?" I finally asked, the curiosity overpowering the envy. I know I'd come to regret asking about this, but I had to know what I was up against.

She brought her phone out from her pocket and handed it to me.

I took one look, and my heart stung in an instant. I shouldn't have asked.

Archer Hastings
Hanna. Do u wanna hang out?

Hanna Abrams   
Sure! Tomorrow after school?

Archer Hastings
Ok

"Did I sound too eager?" Hanna giggled, a subtle blush spreading across her cheeks. "I don't want him to know that I like him yet."

"No, not at all," I said flatly, giving Hanna back her phone. I couldn't help myself; pretending to be happy for her was taking up all of my energy. "You better get going."

She tilted her head to the right and shot me a confused look. "Huh? Why?"

"I, uh... have a history exam tomorrow, and I can't focus if you're here," I fibbed.

"Oh... Okay then," she muttered as she got up from my bed and packed up her things on my desk. "See you tomorrow."

"Yeah."

After she left my room, I was determined to communicate with Archer. Driven by jealousy, I grabbed my phone from my side and glanced at the draft message I was working on while Hanna was doing her homework.

Hi. You're Addie's brother, right? It's funny, you know. She keeps telling me we're meant for each other... Lolzor. |

Okay, so it's not entirely true, but I needed to stir up a conversation, and I couldn't exactly say, "Hi! You don't know me, but I know you very well! I stalk you all the time! Did I mention I dream about you, too? I'm your total fangirl!"

With a sigh, I shook my head and felt my eyelids get heavier and heavier. I didn't do anything particularly monumental today, but for some reason, I was still pretty drained.

I dropped my phone onto the floor as my energy to hold it up was fading fast and simply let darkness take over me.

|

The Saturday morning rays slanted through the blinds of my room, and my eyes squinted as I swung my arm over them.

That's when my alarm clock beeped a high-pitch, irritating sound, causing me to lazily throw my arm onto it, making it fall to the carpeted floor.

I cussed under my breath as I realized the buzzing hadn't stopped.

I rolled over, the sheets wrapping tighter around my small frame, as I draped my arm over the bed to hit the button on the alarm.

Sighing contently, I grabbed my cellphone off the ground to check the time. It was still too early to get up.

All of a sudden, my phone dinged with a notification—a new message.

I unlocked my phone only to see that the message was from none other than Archer himself.

Wait. Archer?

My back instantly shot up in bed, and all traces of previous sleepiness fled. I was now wide awake. With shaky hands, I clicked on the message.

Archer Hastings
Funny

What's funny?

Raising a quizzical eyebrow, I scrolled further up, and when I did, my whole body froze in fear. I basically died.

My message sent.

My message fucking sent.

I must've accidentally hit the send button last night, when I was about to fall asleep! Curse me and my sleep-ridden self!

'Lolzor'? Morgan, what is wrong with you? No one says that but maybe you in your own thoughts. 

That message alone was cringe-worthy enough but lolzor?

What the fuck am I supposed to say back?

Face completely scarlet, I jumped out of bed and pulled on a sweatshirt over my pajamas. 

That's when my phone chimed again, and a new message popped up.

Archer Hastings
I saw you talking w/ Trevor yesterday

Having read his new message, I panicked even more, my face turning a deeper shade of red, if that was even possible. I hastily threw my hair up into a messy but presentable pony, grabbed my phone and keys, and dashed out of the house.

I ran for a good five minutes before reaching my destination. As I anxiously pounded on the door, I sent Addie a message to inform her of my abrupt arrival.

Morgan Darhk
S.O.S.

The door flew open a few seconds later, revealing a very tired-looking Addie. Yeah, definitely too early for this shit.

Her brunette hair was all over the place, her pajamas disheveled as she histrionically whisper-yelled in an exhausted voice, "What?!"

Out of breath, I shoved my phone in her face, and her eyes immediately grew huge as she grabbed my wrist, dragging me into her abode.

"Really, M?" sighed Addie, a deep frown etched onto face. "Lolzor?" I opened my mouth to agree with Addie (there was just no justifying the lolzor), but she added, "What does that say about Archer if he replied to lolzor..."

Shutting the door behind her, I ignored her comment and instantly asked, "What the fuck am I supposed to say back?!"

Addie shushed me in the most dramatic way possible. "Archer's still asleep, you idiot."

My whole body froze at the thought of an asleep Archer just a floor above me. All that's stopping me from stealing a glance is a flight of stairs and his bedroom door. Well, and of course Addie...

I slowly shook my head in disbelief. "I-I thought he was staying with your dad—?" I managed to get out as all the color drained out of my face.

"He bailed last minute. Says he's 'not ready to have a father-son weekend'. The worst part is that he asked me to deliver the message to Archer," sighed Addie, shaking her head in dismay. "I'm telling you—having separated parents is the worse." She narrowed her eyes at me and eyed me up and down "You couldn't handle it."

"Um, excuse me?" I chuckled, giving her a fake offended look.

"It's true," she retorted with a shrug. "You call me every time your parents fight—even if it's just some healthy banter!" 

"Oh, whatever. So, anyways—what do I reply back?"

"Send a like... or, you know, just leave it seen."

I shot her a look. "Isn't that sad?" I remarked. "Like, wouldn't he think that I don't want to talk to him or something? I mean, if things were the other way aroun—"

"M, that's the whole point!" Addie cut me off. "You reply with little to no effort so that he doesn't get suspicious of your major crush on hi—"

All of a sudden, we heard shuffling footsteps coming down the wooden stairs. 

"Morning," a sleepy voice interrupted us, causing both me and Addie to cease our bickering—more Addie than me because I wouldn't be that careless, but I desist.

"M-morning, Arch," smiled Addie nervously.

Bleary-eyed, he smiled back sheepishly, and that's when I realized that I was looking at a newly woken up Archer. His artfully messy bedhead fit perfectly with his sleeping attire, which was simply a plain tee and gray sweatpants. His woke-up-like-this look was better than how most people looked, even if they were trying. Wonder what that's like...

I felt my cheeks heat up as I quickly looked away. 

I caught him eyeing me weirdly before making his way to the kitchen.

"Morgan," he acknowledged groggily before disappearing into the next room.

Once certain that the boy was out of earshot, I turned to face Addie with a panicked expression that mirrored the one I wore when I first got here. "Fuck fuck fuck!" I cussed lowly.

"Calm down!" she hissed. "Just say hi! It's not hard."

"Easy for you to say," I muttered, annoyed.

He emerged from the kitchen seconds later, bottle of something in hand, then looked at the both of us.

I gave Addie the side-eye, but she, instead, opted to step on my foot, forcing me to stifle the sharp cry of pain that threatened to slip past my lips. 

"Do it!" she whisper-yelled.

"H-hi!" I blurted out. "Hi, A-Archer—"

He cocked his head to the side, attractively pushing his hair back. "Hey, Darhk," was all he said before heading back up the stairs.

My whole face lit up, my smile reaching my ears. He fucking knows me!

||

That night, it was quite easy for me to drift off to sleep and to dreamland. 

His tongue was teasing mine, our lips engulfing each other. Ultimately, though, he won our fight for dominance.

He gently bit down on my lower lip, only making me even more turned on.

I want him. I want him here and now.

I pulled away to catch my breath, to remind him that I love him, to see the lovingly familiar face of my beau—

And that was when I saw him, and I froze in place, my hand awkwardly hovering over his messy hair.

"What's wrong, babe?" he questioned with furrowed brows.

When I didn't respond, he came closer to me, our noses touching again. "Morgan?" he ventured, worry laced in his husky voice. "Are you okay?"

I waved it off. "Y-yeah," I smiled to reassure him. I lightly pecked his lips, earning a bright smile from the male. "I want you, and I love you, Trevor."

My eyes fluttered open, and my back shot up in an instant, the image of Trevor Parks slipping from my mind.

I had a dirty dream about Trevor.

What was that about? Why was I dreaming about Trevor, and more importantly, why did I tell him that I love him? What was my subconscious trying to tell me?

With a shaky hand, I touched my forehead and immediately felt buckets of sweat running down my face. Well, that dream escalated quickly...

Holy fuck, am I in trouble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 1.5K 54
Shannon Dugray and Quincey Mason are like cat and dog. However, there may be something more behind their constant arguing. Shannon has sworn she woul...
146K 6.8K 63
Gawking two guys in a hot-blown make-out session in the mathematical section of the library was not what I expected my first day after Winter breaks...
41.8K 1.9K 26
Learn NOT to fall in love with the wrong guy, or get ready to be 'crushed' For love happens just once.... *******************************************...
2.4M 94.1K 32
NEW VERSION IS PUBLISHED "He squints his eyes at me with an intense glare that makes me squirm. I don't know if it's the intense pain in my shoulder...