Unleashed

By PrettyRandom

Annabelle Aconite, the daughter of a Sheriff, always knew there was something off about her. From her strange... More

Prologue
Nightmares
First Day Of School
Pebbles
Requested
Douchebag
Bientôt
First Warning
Worried
Games (Long)
Unexplained
Rodeo Drive
Murdered
Trust (Long)
Gem
The Fall (Long)
My Brother the Jerk
Midnight
The Tracks (Long)
Movie Date (Long)
Morning of...
Seniors Party
"Wake Up!"
"Stay Away From Harry."
Silver Lining
Drawings
étincelles
Followed
Let's Go Camping!
Red
Marshmallows
Meet Me
Revealed
Aftermath
The BBQ
My Slice of Heaven
Monday....
Pictures..
Proverbs (Long)
Breathless (Long)
Lost (Part 1)
Lycanthropy (Part 2 of Lost)
Meanings
Legendary Lovers <3
Close to Home
Unexpected
Visitor
Elements
Tarot Cards
Girls in White
Invitation? (Long)
Guess Whose Over For Dinner (Part 1 Long)
Falling Star (Part 2 Long)
Recruiting
Go Big or Go Home
Halloween (Part 1 of 3)
0 to 100 Real Quick (Part 2 of 3)
Mystery Guy (Part 3 of 3)
Breakfast
Your Eyes
Something New
You asked I've answered :) (Author addition)
"I Knew"
Surprise!
Starlight
Chest Pains
Twister
Linda (Part 1 of 4)
Fireproof (Part 2 of 4)
Illusions (Part 3 of 4)
"Symbolism and Meanings" (Part 4 of 4)
Purple and Grey
You Asked I've Answered Part 2!!!!
Lies
Mimicking
Ask Them
Dreams
"Bon coneur ne peut mentir"
Off To The Cabin (Part 1)
Hints
Icing
Muddy Dark Blue
Drinks and Those 3 Words
Changes
Shadows
Naughty Dreams
Your Father Is...
Filling in Some Blanks
Questions
House Pop Ups
Coward
What are you Going to Do?
Two Wolves
Heated Touch
You asked Again and I've Answered!
Reaching for him Mentally
All hell Breaking Loose
Lighting and Thunder
White Lights and A Wolf?
NOT AN UPDATE
Legacy
Character Questionnaire
!!!!!Untamed!!!!!
Printing Books?

Feu

25.8K 730 295
By PrettyRandom

French in this chapter

Feu- Fire

Sitting in the bleachers I watched the boys practice football. Daniel yelled off orders, as the team listens. Running a hand through my hair I crossed my legs and placed my book into my lap. The sun was low and the clouds were dark and grey, the news people expect it to start snowing as early as the beginning of next week, while me? I expect it to start as soon as tomorrow night.

“What are you doing?” I hear Taylor yell from the sidelines as she and the girls practiced there cheers, “I said high V’s not low! Did your mother drop you on your head when you were hatched?”

I rolled my eyes, God I hated her.

Laughter erupted from the filled as warmth covered me, looking up I saw Liam, Harry, and a few other football players slapping high 5’s at the tackle they just did. I smiled as Harry looks up, his eyes meeting mine as he winks. I smile and push my hair behind my ear as he turns and goes to run another drill.

It has been about a week since the whole earth rocking, uncontrollable, fainting, kiss fiasco happened, and despite Nick not being very happy that Harry practically told him that I wasn’t going anywhere, everything was going remotely okay. I was having little flare ups where my body was break into a sweat and I would fill like my insides were on fire, and my dreams were becoming less gruesome, but they still were centered on Angelica. Looking from the filed back to my lap I flipped a page in the book I borrowed from Nick, the book titled Lycanthropy. I had been reading this book for a couple of days now and within those 200 pages, Angelica wasn’t mentioned anymore. I had just went to turned the page again when footsteps approached.

“Well if it isn’t my little Anna-Banana.”

Looking up I watched as Ashton walked up the steps. Books in one hand and a white paper bag in another.

Closing the book I smiled as I say, “Please say that in that white paper bag is Pepe’s large fires with light seasoning.”

Ashton smiles and he says, “Of course it is. You know how me and The Pepe gets down.”

Sitting next to me I sit my book off to the side as I leaned over and hugged Ashton.

“How’s swimming?” I asked when he pulled away.

“Swimming is swimming, coach is being an ass, but it’s whatever. What about you?” he asks as he rips the bag of fries open, “How’s art?”

I groan as I run my hands over my face, “I have this project due in about a week and I can’t stop drawing moons.”

As Ashton eats his fries he looks at me, “Moons?”

I nod.

“Why in the hell are you drawing moons?”

I shrug, “I don’t know, but I would start drawing, it would end up being a drawing about moon’s. The different phases of them, so on and so forth.”

“So there continuous?”

I nod again.

“Like when you use to draw your birth mark on everything, every time you zoned out?”

I looked at him, “I didn’t use to draw my birth mark.”

Ashton laughs, “Yes you did. You don’t remember the night you stay at my house towards the end of 9th grade year and I was talking to you about my new drums and you zoned out and drew it on my wall.”

I laughed, “Oh yeah! Your mom was so pissed and you told her that I was doped up on cold medicine so I was a little loony.”

He nods, “Yup.”

I shook my head and I say, “I totally forgot about that.”

Someone yelled as me and Ashton looked up onto the field. Taylor stood at the bottom of the bleachers screaming as she bounced around.

“Charlotte!” she yelled as she pushed her wet hair out of her face, “Are you crazy?”

Charlotte shrugged as she says, “It just slipped.”

“From 10 feet away?” as Ariana, the co-captain.

Charlotte nodded and flashed a fake concerned look at Taylor, “I’m so sorry.”

Taylor yells against pissed off as she turns around and heads to the locker room.

“Alright, you all, 10 minutes break.” Says Ariana as she blows a whistle.

Charlotte smiles as she pivots and turns around and heads up the bleachers to where me and Ashton sat.

“I could have sworn you weren’t allowed to bring drinks while in formation.” I say as she sits in front of us.

“I got thirsty, and she was irritating me.” Charlotte smiles and shrugs, “She’ll live.”

I laugh as Charlotte reaches over me and grabs a few of Ashton’s fries.

“So,” Charlotte starts as she looks at me, “How’s things going with you and badboy?”

I rolled my eyes and blushed, “Things are going good, I think?” I looked to the field to see Harry standing on the side with his hands over his head as he listens to Daniel call out orders.

“So do you think that you can actually see yourself with Harry?”

As soon as Charlotte says his name hair straightened and pushed his hair off of his ear. Damn wolf was eavesdropping.

I shrugged, “I don’t know, I mean he is kind of a slob and his feet smells.”

Harry laughs from the field as I'm covered with warmth.

Easy there Pebbles, Harry says softly, his words running through my mind.

I smiled as I rubbed the bridge of my nose. It was still weird knowing the fact that Harry could speak to me directly in my head, and since it was so foreign to me, his talking always lead to me getting light headed.

“Seriously?” asked Charlotte grabbing my attention, “He’s feet stink?”

I shook my head and laugh, “No, I was kidding. Harry is,” I bit my bottom lip as I thought about our kiss, “Electrifying and unique.”

Harry smiles, his dimple sinking in as he runs to catch up with boys.

“Those are two unusual words to describe someone.” Says Ashton.

“Says the person who described me as dull and nerdy, when you first met me.” I laugh.

Ashton smiles as he locks his arm around my shoulder and pulls me to him, “I only said it because I love you.”

Pushing him off I say, “Yeah whatever.”

“Charlotte!” yells Ariana as she blows her whistle.

Charlotte groans as she says, “Coming!” standing she looks at us and says, “Time to go back to hell.”

I laugh, “If you hate the squad that much why do you continue to do it?”

“Because,” she turns around and smacks her ass, “I look damn good in this uniform.”

“You wish.” Smirks Ashton.

Charlotte gives Ashton the finger as she turns and runs down the bleachers.

Ashton phone rings as he pulls it out and reads a text message.

“Hey, I gotta run.” He says standing as he grabbed his books.

“Is everything okay?” I asked.

He nods, “Dad car stopped on the way home, and he needs a jump.”

I nod, “Oh okay. Text me later?”

He nods, “Of course Banana.” Leaning he kisses my forehead and turns and walks off.

I watched him walk until he turned to his left after he got off the stairs. Picking back up the book I opened it to the page I left it at when I noticed a second that was highlighted. The sectioned talked about a Cherokee legend about two wolves,

One is evil, this wolf is angry, envious, filled with sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, quilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. Little thinks will set the fire in him off, anger controls him and he lets it.

The other is good, this wolf is joys, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, and it shows, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. He will fight when it is right to do so, and he will fight in the right way.

The legend talks about that in ever wolf that, the host suffers with a fight between the two. Whether to live as a protector, or to live as a killer. It talks about that the wolf to win will be the one that you feed.

As I’m reading I hear another whistle blow, but this time I don’t look up, I keep turning the pages. As I’m tuning out the world around me as I read, I notice the familiar sense of warmth.
“Do you ever get tired of reading, Pebbles?” ask Harry as sits down in front of me.

“Not really.” I smile as I look up from the book and at him.

His eyes we sparkling as he smiles at me, showing off his kissable dimple.

“Hi.” Was all he said.

“Hi.” I smile at him.

Raising his hand to my cheek, my eyes instantly closed as energy passed through his hand into me. Taking a deep breath I sighed against his hand.

It wasn’t as powerful and crazy as it was a week ago, it seemed like the more or longer that we touched was when the feeling would get overwhelming and the ground would shake and harsh winds would start up. Nick had a theory, he figured that it was because of the transferring energy, and he figured that it was throwing things around us off balanced. That honestly didn’t make sense to me when I first heard it.

As he thumb runs over the corner of my mouth he leans forward, so close that I could practically smell the mint off the gun he’d been chewing. Brushing his lips against mine as they automatically parted. As he pushed his lips to mine more I gasp as I felt the tip of his tongue on my lip.

“Break it up!”

Harry smiled against my lips as he pulls away and says, “Jealous much?

Liam came and sat across from us with Niall as he says, “I’m not for teasing, and I like to get in and fast if you catch my drift.”

I smiled shaking my head as I say, “Hey can I ask you guys a question?”

Harry looks at me as Niall nods.

“Yes, it is true.” Says Liam out of nowhere, “My major Payne is 11 inches.”

I looked at him, “I uh, wasn’t going to ask that.”

Liam winks and says, “Sure you wasn’t.”

Niall smirks as Harry shakes his head and runs a hand through his hair, “What did you want to ask?”

“Have you heard about a girl name Angelica?” I asked.

“Angelica?” says Niall.

Liam and Niall shake their heads as Harry says, “Wasn’t that the girl who burned back during the trails?”

“Oh yeah.” Says Niall as he snaps his fingers, “She’s the chick who was so crazy in love, that instead of ratting out her bloke she burned keeping his secret.”

“What about her?” asked Liam.

I shook my head, “Nothing, I just read a small part about her and it really didn’t say that much.”

“I’m pretty sure Nick has a book that talks about her. Swing by later and I’ll get it for you.” says Niall.

I nod and smile, “Thanks.”

“No problem.” He smiles back.

Liam and Niall then dive into a conversation about their cars, and a race coming up, as Harry lays a hand on my leg, What’s wrong? His voice swimming around my mind.

I shook my head.

You’re lying.

Am not. I thought.

Out of everyone in that text, why is Angelica standing out to you?

I sighed, Later?

He nods, Later.

Looking up towards the football field, my eyes traveled up to the trees near the parking lot when I noticed someone staring at me. He was tall, rugged hair, his muscle were wide as he crossed his arms over his chest. Focusing on him I forced myself to see his aura which was a dark grey.

“Anna.” Someone says.

Looking around I looked at Harry who hand laid on my lap as he turns, talking to Liam and Niall.

“Anna.” The deep voice says again.

I looked back up to the trees as I looked at the figure to see he was gone.

My hand fumbled till it found Harry’s. I held it as he turns and looks at me, “You okay, Pebbles?”

“I thought I seen someone.” I whisper.

“Where?” asked Harry, his full attention on me.

“In the trees.” I say.

Harry turns to look in the direction I was looking in as I say, “I guess I was imagining it.”

Harry shakes his head, “You probably wasn’t, but will do a swipe after we change.”

“You don’t have too.” I say.

Giving my hand a lightly squeeze he says, “I want too, okay?”

I nod as I hear Daniel yell my name.

“I gotta go.” I smile.

“Leaving so soon?” asked Niall.

“So soon?” I asked, “I’ve been sitting here since school got out and it’s like 10, past 6 o’clock now.”

“You’re going to swing by later for the books rights?” asked Niall.

I nod, “Yeah.”

Standing Harry grabbed my bag and books as he says, “I’ll walk you down.”

Nodding I wave my byes to Niall and Liam as we head down the bleachers.

“Nick is having some kind of meeting with the elders in a bit, about the animal attack around the woods.”

I nod, “Yeah I heard dad on the phone before he left this morning say that Mr. Greenfields was attacked yesterday. That if it was for his paranoid son for to check on him that he wouldn’t have made it.” Turning to him I ask, “Do you think it was Rick and Louis?”

Harry shrugs, “All evidence point to them, and when me and Liam ran by this morning we caught Louis scent.”

“So he’s back in town?” I asked my voice wavering a bit.

He nods, “Looks that way.”

My hands fidgeted with the cuff of my sleeves as Harry stops me and steps in front of me, “They won’t touch you okay? I won’t let them.”

Biting the bottom of my lip I nod as he leans down and kisses me, harder this time.

“Shrimp!” yells Daniel, “Let’s go!”

Pulling away I pressed a hand to Harry’s chest as I say, “I have to go.”

He nods, “Text me when you’re done.”

I nod, standing on my toes I kissed his cheek goodbye as I took my books and bag and walked off.

“Couldn’t have waited a minute?” I asked Daniel as I walked passed him and headed to the parking lot.

“We have errands to run.” He says.

“We always have errands to run, but I never rushed you when you were sucking faces with different girls.”

“Just get in the car.” Says Daniel as he unlocks it.

------------------------ 

Heading to the market I made out a grocery list adding onto the things mom wanted us to pick up. We had been driving for 20 minutes now when Daniel say,
“So what’s going on with you and Styles?”

“You actually care?” I asked turning to look at him.

“Of course I do.” He says, “You’re my sister, so I’m going to care, even if I don’t like the kid.”

“Why is that?” I asked, “Ever since you first met him, you’ve hated him, is it because he threatens your spot on the team as captain?”

Daniel laughs, “Look Payne and Styles are great players, but let’s be honest,” Daniel looks at me, “Nobody can compare to being a killer as captain like me.”

I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, because you are ‘god’.”

“Damn straight.”

I laugh as Daniel says, “But all serious, do you two have a title or something?”

I shook my head as I look back at my paper, “It never came up.”

“I think you should ask him.” Says Daniel as I look back at him, “I’d really hate for you to get your hopes up and be crushed.”

I nod, “Same here.”

Silence passed through us as we finally pulled into the supermarket parking lot.

------------------- 

Walking around for almost a 15 minutes I had an eerie feeling someone was following me and Daniel. I kept walking ignoring the feeling as we turned onto the cereal aisle. A girl stood at the end of the aisle starring at us as she motions me to follow her. Looking back at Daniel who was debating between getting, Fruity pebbles, and Captain Crunch, I left the basket sitting near him as I followed the girl. She walks down a few aisles as I looked around me as I followed. Going down the pasta aisle she stops erupted as she turns towards me.

My heart skipped a beat, and for a second I forgot how to breathe.

Angelica stood in front of me, her hair was dark and brunt, her white dress was grey and burned in certain areas.

I went to ask what did she want, but stopped as she says,  

Feu.”

I raised a brow at her as he hits me in my chest knocking the wind out of me. Clawing at my chest, I struggled to breathe as Angelica disappears. People around me started gasping in shock, as I fell to my knees. I could hear Daniel fainting calling my name, before I felt his arms around me.
“Shrimp breathe! Relax and breathe!” he yells.

Looking over his shoulder I saw the same shadow of the man who I saw at school, but this time I could vaguely make out his attire. He wore, jeans, black man boots, a grey muscle shirt, and a black leather jacket, his chin was covered in stubble, as he has dark short curls that covered his head with a few grey streaks.

“Annabelle breathe!” Daniel yells at me as he takes my face into his hands. Inhaling my hand grasped at my sweater as I looked over Daniel shoulder to see the guy was gone.

People called 911, as Daniel told them I was fine.

---------

Paying for the stuff we already had, Daniel never took his eyes off of me as we drove from the store back home. Dad was the first to meet us there, and mom was the second. I pinched Daniel twice, as hard as I could when I passed him to go upstairs to rest because my mom insisted on it, I pinched him once for call mom and the second time for calling dad. As I got upstairs I put my books and stuff on my bed as I pulled out my phone.

Can’t come tonight, something came up. I texted Harry.

Are you okay? He answered quickly.

Yeah, just a panic attack. No biggy.

Would you like for me to bring you something

I smiled as I typed, No I’m okay, just going to rest a bit.

Feel better, Mon Ange. You let me know if you need something?

Yes.

Good. Was all he said before I put my phone down.

Moving over to my computer, I lite a candle of mine as I turned on my laptop and typed in What does Feu Mean in English?

I waited a few seconds when google search popped up that Feu meant ‘Fire’ in French.

I stared at the screen, wondering why in the heck did she say that to me, and what did it mean. More importantly what in the hell happened when she hit me?

I sat at my desk for a few minute browsing the net when I decided that I should go lay down. Shutting off my laptop, I went move my hand behind the flame of my candle to blow it out so the flames would touch the papers behind it. But as I blew the flames licked at my hand, but didn’t go out.
That’s weird.  

I went to blow the fire out again, harder this time and when the flames went out and I pulled my hand back, something flashed in my hand as I opened it and held out in front of me. Blue, orange flames burned in the palm of my hands, but I couldn’t feel it. I stared at it for a second, I assumed I was imagining it, but when I brought my other hand up, the flame broke into two and covered both of my palms. I sat there mouth opened. Wind blew around me, rustling the papers on my desk. Glancing at the window I noticed that it was closed and my fan was off.
Angelica’s voice shouted in my head, “Feu!

Jumping I put my hands out as I looked over them, there was no sign that they had just been holding flames in them. My head spun as I remembered my dream about Angelica when she was little and playing near a campfire. She was playing with the flames, not being hurt by them. Wrapping my arms around myself I whispered to my say, “What’s happening to me?”

Soooo!! I'm going to try to something different. I'm going to start posting gifs, and stuff with the post so you can get a little extra visual to the story as I write, hows that sound? First gif is the fire in the hands, wicked right? Like wtf is Anna?! what's going on?!!!

OOO and to answer a question i get asked a lot. No i don't study nor have i ever took french. I mean I have a book, and Google does help, but i don't pay attention to actual punctuation because this is a bs story, that i'm doing for fun, and it's not like it will get published or anything. It's just all fun and games :D

Thanks for reading.. xxTorrie

French in this chapter

Feu- Fire

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 69 11
Although orphaned at an early age, caused so much trouble for anyone who knew her, and was always moving onto the next place not caring about who she...
4.6K 259 36
"Who's there," I can't breath. I'm always looking over my shoulder ever since- I can't think about the now. I have to run but where, back to Jake? No...
5.9M 262K 52
"What the hell?" I took a step closer to the mirror, staring at my reflection in disbelief. The person looking back was still me, but at the same ti...
1.2M 60.9K 53
Before school even begins, 17-year-old Jake Kent is attacked by an enormous gray wolf. He's saved by a mysterious blonde, but things get even more un...