The last guard : RWBY x male...

By GlenAldoAZE

After years of brutal conflict, the civil war in Vacuo is coming near it's end. Just days before the governme... More

BIO
The Girls
Part 1 : the last one
Part 2 : finally free
Part 3 : a new home
Part 4 : the first day
Part 5 : Life in Beacon
THE NEW GIRLS
Part 6 : blast from the past
Part 7 : strange days
The new girls (again)
Part 8 : a new enemy
A new girl (yet again)
Part 9 : secrets
Part 10 : the dance ?
Part 11 : first mission
Part 12 : a familiar sight
New girl (this is the last one) i think
Part 13 : an early victory
Part 14 : an enemy or not ? Pt.1
Another Girl (i swear she's the last one)
Part 15 : an enemy or not ? pt.2
Part 16 : an enemy or not ? pt.3
Part 17 : an enemy or not ? Pt.4
Part 18 : a chocolate and a rabbit
Part 19 : a joyful rose
Part 20 : hard as ice
Part 21 : a sad kitten
Part 22 : flaming yellow
Part 23 : a warrior or a hero ?
SOMETHING IMPORTANT
Part 24 : a not so calm before the storm
Part 25 : the fall pt.1
Part 26 : the fall pt.2
Part 27 : aftermath
Part 28 : a new beginning
Part 30 : mistral menace pt.2
Part 31 : the black bird
Part 32 : mother's rosario
Part 33 : an unexpected encounter
Part 34 : change of plans
Part 35 : the iron city
Part 36 : Homecoming
Something
We have a winner!!!
Part 37 : shady business pt.1
The new girl!!!
Part 38 : shady business pt.2
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
Part 39 : the end or the beginning ?
Voting time!!!
The result!!!

Part 29 : mistral menace pt.1

5.5K 80 69
By GlenAldoAZE

(Y/N) : your name
(O/N) : other name
" " : dialogues

((Y/N)'s POV)

After hours of waiting, i finally reached Mistralian waters. I gazed upon the blue ocean until i could finally saw the beach line. I then landed the airship near the coast and took one of the dropships from the hangar and flew towards Kuchinashi, the city of thieves and assassins. If i am going to find the Branwen tribe, then i should go there to get some information about their whereabouts.

(Time skip an hour)

After a while, i finally reached the outskirts of kuchinashi. I landed near the forest and i hid the dropship between the trees. I then proceeded on foot and head towards Kuchinashi. When i first entered the city, it wasn't pleasant. There were drunkards everywhere and the smell of blood was reeking through the streets. I hid my uniform under a cloak to not draw any unnecessary attention to myself. And so, i went inside one if the inns there. I then walked over towards the bartender.

Bartender : "what do you want ? A beer ? Or something stronger perhaps ?" He said while he was cleaning a glass. I then sat down on the chair and leaned closer to him.

Me : "i need some information on something" i said while handing him a handful of liens that Ozpin gave to me.

Bartender : "not here, meet me in the back in ten minutes" he said before he walked towards another customer. I then went outside.

(Time skip 10 minutes)

After waiting for about ten minutes, the bartender kept his word showed up.

Bartender : "so, what kind of information are we talking about here ?"

Me : "i'm looking for a certain individual"

Bartender : "what kind of individual ?"

Me : "you can say.... a bandit"

Bartender : "hmm.... you know, there's a lot of bandits around here. It'll take probably forever for you to find the one you're looking for" he said as i threw a bag of liens at him.

Me : "and that's why you're here, you will find her for me"

Bartender : "her ? So... it's a she..." he said with a grin on his face.

Me : "yes, a woman with the name.........Raven" i said as he had a look of shock.

Bartender : "what?! You're looking for her?! Nononono!! She's bad news!!!" He said looking quite troubled, not scared.

Me : "all i need is the location of their camp" i said before i threw another bag of liens to his face. He then looked at the ground with a look of doubt.

Bartender : "doing this could get me hurt, or worse" i then threw another bag to his face.

Me : "you scared of death ?" I said as he had a grin on his face.

Bartender : "of course not, everything has a price!!! As long as you have the liens, then you'll get what you want" he said before he reached out his hand. I then shook his hand.

Me : "i'll be back here tomorrow, i expect that you already have what i need by then"

Bartender : "i never disappoint my customers" he said with a grin on his face. We then went our separate ways.

(Time skip a few minutes)

I was walking through the streets of kuchinashi when i saw a familiar symbol on top of one of the buildings there.

It was small. Unseen to the untrained eye. It must be the sign for Operation Phoenix. It was a plan made by the Saviors to evacuate as much high ranking military and government personnels from Vacuo if The government should lose the war. I could use this to my advantage. I'm going to need allies in the future. And so, i walked towards the building and went inside. The interior was surprisingly normal. It looked just like a normal shop with a few people inside. I then walked over towards the shopkeeper.

Shopkeeper : "what do you need ? And what's with the cloak ?" He said looking at my cloak with a confused look on his face.

Me : "i'm here to reignite the fire" i said as he looked at me with a serious face. He then signaled a man to close the curtains. He then signaled a few other men to come over to us. Every each and one of them had their weapons ready.

Shopkeeper : "you know the code. Who are you ?" He said while pointing a gun at me. I then took off the cloak as they all looked at me with their eyes widened.

Man 1 : "w-what! It can't be! You're all supposed to be dead!"

Shopkeeper : "a-an E-Elite Guard!" He said with a surprised tone.

Me : "Major-913n reporting for duty" i told them my code number. The Corps didn't give us names after we forgot our previous names. Instead, they gave us numbers.

Shopkeeper : "the Generals would want to hear this" he said as the other men nodded.

Me : "the Generals ? Who ?"

Shopkeeper : "come with me" he said before walking towards the back door.

Me : "understood" i said as i followed him. I went through the door and followed him to the basement.

Shopkeeper : "this way" he said while pushing a hidden button somewhere on the wall before suddenly, a door appeared on the wall on the other side of the room.

Me : "where are we going ?"

Shopkeeper : "you'll see" he said as we walked into what seemed to be a tunnel. We walked for about an hour, so wherever he's taking me, it's outside of Kuchinashi.

Shopkeeper : "so..... how did you survive ? I thought the Corps were all eliminated in Kazak ?" He suddenly asked as we were walking.

Me : "somebody saved me"

Shopkeeper : "hmm..... what are you going to do now ?.......... Keep fighting ?"

Me : "well..... Vacuo needs me. We all know who has control over the kingdom now, we need to take it back, and It's my duty to help anyway i can to make that happen"

Shopkeeper : "good, You're a fine soldier. You have my respect. My name is Joseph, Captain" he said before reached out his hand for me to shook.

Me : "i'm now known as (Y/N), pleasure to meet you" i said as we shook hands.

Joseph : "oh yeah....... we're here" he said as we reached the end of the tunnel. There was a ladder going up. We climbed it, and reached for the surface. When we got up, we were already in the middle of the forest.

Me : "where do we go now ?"

Joseph : "follow me, we're half way there" he said before we continued walking through the forest. After about an hour, we arrived in front of a cave. We went inside and walked for a while until we saw an iron door. Joseph then knocked and a voice could be heard from the inside.

??? : "state your business" a man's voice could be heard.

Joseph : "it's me damnit!"

??? : "come in you bastard" he said as the door suddenly opened.

Joseph : "i brought someone, the Generals might want to see him" he said excitedly as we entered. I was surprised at first, the interior was bigger than i expected. It's like a full fledged base inside. There were a few men guarding the door wearing casual outfits, but they were carrying weapons. Military grade weapons. When they saw me, their eyes widened.

Man 1 : "Joseph! t-that can't be... what i think he is right?!"

Man 2 : "a-an Elite Guard!"

Joseph : "yes, yes he is" he said as i saluted.

Man 3 : "I thought they were all wiped out! With an Elite Guard with us, we have a chance!" He said as they all cheered.

Joseph : "calm it down a little. Where are the Generals ? I need to see them"

Man 1 : "they're inside the briefing room"

Joseph : "thanks, come on... follow me" he said before walking towards a hallway. We then walked for a while until we saw a big door. We went inside and i saw her.

General Lathifa Valkyrie herself. One of the most feared fighter in Vacuo. Mother once sent me to serve under her in the war. She was one of the best Generals we had at the time. The fact that she survived was not a surprise at all. She then noticed me.

Lathifa : "wait..... (O/N)?! !!.... (O/N)!!!!!!!" She said before running towards me to give me a hug.

Me : "General, it's relieves me to see you still alive and well" i said as she smiled at me.

Lathifa : "you're alive! I thought you were dead when i heard that the Elite Guards were completely wiped out!" She said worriedly.

Me : "i'm alive as you can see"

??? : "yes, it's good to see you again" i heard a familiar voice beside me. I turned around to see him.

General Arslan Khan, the best strategist Vacuo ever had. He used to train me both in combat training and Officer training, where he taught me numerous battle tactics and war strategies.

Me : "General Khan, it's good to see you again. With you here, you all must've already come up with a plan to take back Vacuo"

Lathifa : "i wish, things aren't exactly as easy as they used to be"

Me : "what do you mean ?"

Arslan : "i'm sure you've already found out who's really behind the civil war right ?"

Me : "Salem" i said as they all had serious expressions on their faces.

Lathifa : "yes, she had already established a puppet government ruling Vacuo after the war ended. And now, things have been chaotic back there. Much like Vale"

Me : "what happened ?"

Arslan : "shaky populace, increasing Grimm attacks. And an unstable government"

Lathifa : "but she doesn't care about the kingdom"

Me : "she only wanted the dusts"

Arslan : "exactly. with that, she could arm an entire army with dust induced weapons"

Lathifa : "she'll be unstoppable. Especially with the growing distrusts between the kingdoms. she could divide and conquer all the kingdoms one at a time"

Me : "we need to take back Vacuo and reestablish communication between the kingdoms. If we can do that, then we'll have a chance"

Arslan : "that's exactly what i was thinking, I taught you well"

Me : "thank you General" i said as they both smiled.

Lathifa : "but how are we going to do that ?" She said while looking at a holographic map of Vacuo.

Arslan : "this is going to be hard. We don't have the resources for this"

Me : "about our resources, what exactly do we have ?"

Arslan : "when the Saviors initiated operation Pheonix, the two of us are the only Generals that made it here in one piece. We have about a thousand personnel here and a few thousand back in Vacuo waiting for our orders while fighting the current government forces using guerrilla warfare" he said while giving me some papers that were filled with reports.

Me : "what about the current government ? How strong are they ?"

Lathifa : "they have the full support of the military except for the Royal Guards and the Special Forces. They all escaped into the desert and they established a base of operations there"

Me : "what about the citizens ?"

Arslan : "Trust me when i say, they're angry"

Lathifa : "they didn't get as much food and clean water from the current government than they used to from us. Life used to be hard in Vacuo, but now it's a living nightmare. Many towns have been destroyed by Grimm, and the government is doing nothing to help the people"

Me : "we're going to need them on our side"

Arslan : "i know, but how ?"

Me : "if we could expose Salem's puppet to the people, maybe we could gain some trust from them"

Lathifa : "but how ? We can't fight an entire kingdom ourselves"

Me : "we don't have to"

Arslan : "I'm interested, please elaborate" he said with a visible grin on his face.

Me : "the most important structures in Vacuo are the CCTS tower, the dust mines and Shade academy. If we're able to take control of them, we could shatter the entire governmental system" i said as they both had a look of intrigue on their faces.

Lathifa : "hmmm..... interesting"

Me : "first, we send the Special Forces units to the capture the CCTS tower and hijack the entire military communication system. With that, they won't be able to coordinate a counter attack. Then, we send our regular troops to take the dust mines in a swift and sudden attack. And lastly, the Royal Guards will attack Shade Academy and get rid of any military presence there. I'm sure the huntsman would lend us help" i said while visualizing my strategy on the holographic map.

Arslan : "that's perfect, they wouldn't be able to counter attack. They no longer have the advantage"

Me : "yes, the situation is already chaotic as it is. Vacuo is still recovering from the war. It's doing it quite fast, but Vacuo is still weak and vulnerable if we hit the right spots"

Lathifa : "i see..... you're quite amazing. I see why she took a liking to you (O/N)"

Arslan : "she's an amazing woman"

Me : "she is"

??? : "you're meant for so much more (O/N)" i heard her voice inside my head again.

Lathifa : "(O/N)? Is there something wrong ?" She asked worriedly. She said which snapped me back to reality.

Me : "n-no, everything is fine" i said as i brushed off the thoughts.

Arslan : "anyways, it's going to need some time to set this all into place"

Lathifa : "and we're going to need more dust" after hearing her saying that, a certain tribe full of thieves and raiders came to mind.

Me : "I think i can help with that" i said as they both looked confused.

Arslan : "continue"

Me : "I'm actually here to find the Branwen tribe. Maybe i could get them to help us" i said as they both looked at me confused.

Lathifa : "how are you going to do that ?" She said as Arslan had a grin on his face.

Me : "i heard something today, everything has it's price"

Arslan : "i see...i'll leave it to you then, Colonel" he said as i looked at him confused.

Me : "I'm a Major, sir. Did you forget ?" I said as they both grinned.

Arslan : "nope. From now on, you're a Colonel" he said as Lathifa charged at me before giving me a death induced hug.

Lathifa : "oohh!!...I'm so proud of you!!!" She was always like that. She kind of reminds me aunt Glynda.

Me : "thank you sir, i will do my best"

Arslan : "i expected nothing less" he said with a smile.

Me : "i'll be going then, until we meet again General"

Lathifa : "you're not staying ?" She said with a saddened face.

Me : "i have something to do in Kuchinashi"

Arslan : "i'm sure it's important, go... good luck"

Me : "thank you sir"

Lathifa : "bye (O/N)!!!!"

Me : "See you later General Valkyrie"

Lathifa : "call me Lathifa"

Me : "of course, Lathifa"

Arslan : "I'll contact you when we're ready"

Me : "then, I'll contact you when i have the dusts"

Arslan : "excellent"

(Time skip a few hours)

I was walking through the streets of Kuchinashi to find an Inn to stay the night. I then walked inside of the Inns there and ordered one room. I went inside the room and quickly lay on the bed until i drifted into sleep.

There's still so much to do...............

END of part 29

I haven't been able to update for the past week due to the final exams but now....

I'm back with new ideas on how to continue the story.

Anyways, i do not own RWBY and any of the pictures I used.

Thank you and see you later

BYE!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 46 24
Things were starting to get out hand in the World of Remnant. Creatures of Grimm attack closer to the borders of the kingdoms, people start to go mis...
47.8K 844 50
After the events of Max Steel Season 2 with The destruction of Makino and Just after the events of, the Wrath of Makino, but before the Morpheus movi...
447K 5.1K 40
Y/N L/N was a student from Beacon who was bullied once his girlfriend starting abusing him and cheated on him he ran away from Beacon worrying his fr...
4.5K 125 13
The Vytal Festival is finally here! With the big tournament going on at Amity Arena; the giant colosseum floating over Beacon Academy; Kai is excited...