Metal Bender (Legend of Korra...

By kimber2554

It has been five long years since the fall of Gaia and the camps have finally settled down. The remaining sev... More

CHPT1: Five Long Years
CHPT2: New Air Bender in Republic City?
CHPT3: Original Form
CHPT4: Highway in the Sky
CHPT5: Seldom a Coincidence
CHPT6: Battle of Zao Fu
CHPT7: Walls Rising
CHPT8: Home
CHPT10: Lost & Found
CHPT11: Healing Wounds
CHPT12: Wonderland
CHPT13: Plans
CHPT14: Action!
CHPT15: Invisible Watcher
CHPT16: Underground
CHPT17: Magic Prince Eating Bear
CHPT18: Through the Back
CHPT19: Battle for Republic City
CHPT20: Rising from the Waves
CHPT21: May We Meet Again
Epilogue
Thank You!

CHPT9: The Monster's Return

239 4 1
By kimber2554

Leo's POV:

It was windy on top of the wall. My hair whipped around me as the sky darkened slightly with scattered clouds that blocked out the sun. After I'd told everything to team avatar we decided to rest before the battle. My A.D.H.D. was getting the better of me as I tapped my finger restlessly against my thigh, praying for this to be over quickly. Battle like this set me on edge. Unlike with monsters who would reform in Tartarus, these were real people with really blood flowing through their veins and we were going to have to, well... To say I didn't like the prospect was an understatement. The citizens had finished being evacuated and Woo was with them so I was less worried. Meeting the special operations Dai Li had been intimidating. They'd all been big husky benders who were proficient and merciless towards anyone who meant the Prince harm. I had mock punched him on the shoulder before they left and I thought the Dai Li guys were going to murder me. Woo will be just fine, he's in good hands. That was one less worry for the battle. As endearing as the energetic monarch was, I really wouldn't be able to concentrate if he was on my six and I had to play keep away with an entire army. At long last we could see the Metal Dynasty war balloons coming from the direct south. Their army marched directly below the airships and my stomach dropped. This was war, I reminded myself, everyone of those benders and non-benders had chosen to be here. It reminded me of Keto. Distantly I wondered if he was in that sea of soldiers somewhere and if I was about to kill him. I raised my arms. The feeling of the metal that made the airships rushed into my body. They were mine.

The first twelve airships groaned violently as I slowly crushed them above the now scattering first couple regiments directly under the ships affected by my bending. People jumped from the mega structures as I slowly squeezed them into hunks of scrape. Then I released the ships I was holding and let them crash to the ground below. My body felt constricted with so much power flowing through me. Like a tight rope or vine had wrapped itself around my chest. The temptation to just let go and loose control was almost over whelming, but I controlled myself. This battle was going to be long and I couldn't afford to let go yet.

Through the stone of the wall I could feel the ground below and the marching boots on it. I could feel the heart beats of every person who marched towards the city. I closed my eyes for I no longer needed them to see. My eyes were now the ground and the rocks, grass and trees. The whole of nature could see for me, I didn't need eyes. I could feel the giant behemoths of titanium hovering above the ground, aching to be reunited with their place of origin. The army was rearranging itself so none of the soldiers were under the airships, smart. Yet not smart enough. I pulled their machines of war from the sky and turned their tanks, making the ground beneath their feet fluid. They sunk into the ground up to their elbows and they could no longer bend. Suddenly I felt a streak of heat race along the ground for our troops. It was the lava benders. Not on my watch! I turned the ground on them and threw their lava back at them. They dodged and sent it back except this time they were aiming directly for me. I didn't falter, it hardly mattered if the lava hit me or not. I am immune. Vaguely I could feel my body move forward towards the edge of the wall. I wasn't afraid of falling. The ground rose to encase me. I was safe and secure. The lava benders tried again to burn me. Fine , if they wish to play with fire, two can play at that game. The last of my self control released and from my outstretched hands fire leaped in massive waves and torrents raining down on the unsuspecting Metal Dynasty troops. Metal benders and earth benders, they'd come prepared for. Me? They never could have predicted. The field roiled and burned. The Ba Sing Se troops hadn't even had to bend a pebble as I tore Airship after air ship from the sky,  rolled tank after tank, and snuffed out heart beat after heart beat.

"Leo!"

My eyes snapped open to find Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, Annabeth, Percy, and Nico floating on the wind in front of me. They had tears in their eyes, filled with...hate? Why are you all looking at me like that? What's wrong? Our people are okay, but there are more soldiers coming I can hear their foot steps. You all need to move.

Jason pointed one finger at me, a look of pained disgust written across his face, "Get him."

Piper's POV:

We were ready on the ground. Our weapons at the ready as we braced for battle from the oncoming troops. The bitterness from our last conversation with Leo still rested in our minds as we tried to focus on the coming battle and nothing else. They were at least twenty miles away when the first of the airships crashed to the ground.

Leo.

I worried for him, even if he was being difficult. Suddenly something rather uncomfortably familiar began to occur. The earth beneath our feet started to become...liquid like quick sand. Metal Dynasty had it worse than we did, but my blood froze all the same.

"This is not possible!" Percy yelled. "She died! Leo killed her!"

"Or did he," Annabeth grimaced up at the wall. "Look."

High above on the wall, Leo was standing on the edge as a colume of earth rose and enveloped him.

There was lava and fire everywhere.The ground was no longer dependable, even the grass seemed to be trying to fight. It was terrifying.

"Jason get us up there!" I yelled. The wind picked us from the sticky ground and whisked us up to the source of all the destruction.

"Leo!" Jason yelled. Leo's eyes snapped open, they were entirely green like all of nature had been condensed into them. I recoiled in horror. It was her. She was in Leo! Messing with his memories and feelings. No wonder he'd pushed us away.

"Get him, " Jason said in a pained voice and we charged. I tried charm speaking him to sleep as Jason and Percy hurled storms and wind and waves at him. Annabeth slashed with her sword. Nico summoned the dead. Hazel used mist to get close and tried to knock him out. Frank tried a variety of animals, but none of it worked. Leo's friends from this world tried to stop us but we sent them spiraling to the ground. I hoped they'd be alright, we were doing this for their own good!

"FOOLS!" Leo yelled his voice echoing like Gaia's had done so long ago. Before we could do any more we were in cased in stone and hit the ground hard.

"Is everyone okay?" Jason coughed.

"Good."

"Yep."

"Ya."

"Okay."

"Alright."

"Where's Nico?" Jason asked.

"He's here," Hazel said weakly. "Just unconscious. I think he hit his head in the fall."

"Nectar," Annabeth said as she moved closer to Hazel with the godly substance. "He's our ride out of here."

Suddenly a grinding noise could be heard from outside.

"We're being pushed underground!" Hazel cried in alarm.

"Help Nico," Jason instructed. "We can't save any body without him."

Leo's POV:

I was unsteady, why? My brain couldn't understand what they thought they were accomplishing by attacking me. Had they been traitors this whole time? That didn't seem possible! We'd argued sure but that wasn't too bad. Surely not bad enough to warrant them attacking me!

My few moments of distraction had cost us, Metal Dynasty was all but on top of us. I began to fight harder, but the wave was too large. Too many heartbeats, and tank tracks, and airships. Wait, where were the planes? Iroh said there were planes, where are they? Alarm rose in my chest as extended my consciousness through the ground to find them. East. They had another force coming from the East! I need to tell Korra!

"Korra!" I yelled as I began lowering my self to the ground by my friends. "Korra! Korra! They have a second army! Korra they're-"

I never finished. In front of me, Piper and Nico materialized just a few yards away on the ground. Nico quickly disappeared as Piper inhaled deeply.

"Pipes, don't-"

"SLEEP!" She screaming in full charm speak. My world went black I fought for consciousness. My vision blinking in and out of reality.

"Piper..."I tired to beg. "Wait-"

"SLEEP!" She screamed again. It was like being pulled down a bottomless bog.

"Wai-"

"SLEEP!"

I was gone.

Mako's POV:

Unbelievable! As Leo got up to a strength we'd never seen before, and bending two elements, his supposed friends attacked him! He defeated them with ease. We tried to help, but just ended up on the ground. When Leo encase them in stone and sent them to the ground, I was certain Korra and Asami wanted blood. Korra bended the stone orb deep under ground so they couldn't interfere again. Unfortunately their little distraction had cost us. Metal Dynasty had used the distraction the get their people and ships only a couple miles from the Wall. We started to fight infantry as Leo struggled to give us cover. Distantly I could hear Leo yelling something at Korra but before I could register what he was saying another voice cut the din.

"SLEEP!" I went unconscious as I came to it happened again. When I woke again, I covered my ears as a wave of drowsiness washed over me. What was doing this? I peered around to seeing Piper picking up the unconscious form of Leo. Then Nico appeared out of a shadow beside her, took her arm and all three of them folded back into the shadow and they were gone. I was gobsmacked. They kidnapped Leo!

"Korra wake up!" Asami yelled a few yards to my left. The Avatar was partially buried and asleep. Looking around I found at least half the troops were asleep and partially buried. Some were just asleep and some were just buried and some were totally fine. Metal Dynasty's closest troops were in the same shape as ours, but their further away troops were just fine and incoming fast.

"Retreat!" I yelled. "Get inside the wall!"

We were going to lose. Bolin made us a hole by lava bending and we dragged Korra and whoever else we could inside. It wouldn't be enough. The walls couldn't hold out airships. The air nomads called their bison and everyone piled on. It was cramped,  but we managed. As we rose above the city and we could see further and I saw what Leo was trying to warn us about. The east wall was flooded by more Metal  Dynasty Troops. We didn't stand a chance, not without Leo. Not since Piper dropped that sleep bomb on us! Next time I see those seven there will be a hell and a half to pay for the loss of Ba Sing Se.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.2K 2K 24
Sakiko, a non bender from the fire nation who just recently moved to republic city. as she walked around town, she meets a fire ferret and a friendly...
35K 1.5K 44
After three years, Team Avatar is back in Republic City for Prince Wu's coronation. However, after things take an unexpected turn, Ulazu is forced to...
186K 9.1K 85
❝𝑲𝒉𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔, 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎.❞ ✧ in which a girl's l...
13.6K 427 11
Not to long after UnaVaatu tried to plunge the world into darkness Nekani starts coming to terms with the truth. The truth of many things, her love f...