Take it From Here (Jamie Dorn...

Bởi pusherlovedornan

This is the sequel to "Endlessly." In part two of Jamie and Kelsey's story we will watch as they navigate thr... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 33

1K 52 11
Bởi pusherlovedornan

A/N: I'm here! Sorry for the delay, this is a whirlwind time for me, but I wanted to post an update! Thank you for your patience and support for this story, it blows me away. I never imagined anyone would read a Jamie-only fic, and you've proven me wrong in the best way! Hope you enjoy this one :) xo

***

"Are you Daddy's big boy?" Jamie cooed at our son.

I stood in the kitchen, prepping lunch for my little family. Dulcie was playing with her Barbie's and dollhouse, in a world all her own.

"What a big smile." Jamie lit up as he watched EJ react to his voice. He was growing so fast, and it was mesmerizing to watch him discover. Nothing gave me greater happiness than to see the recognition is his eyes that we were his mommy and daddy.

"Daddy's best man," I said from my spot at the counter.

Jamie met my gaze and it made my heart flutter. The love he had for our kids and me would never cease to make me emotional.

"Am I Daddy's best girl?" Dulcie asked.

"Of course you are," he said.

She giggled. "Mama, will you play wif me?" She held up one of her dolls for me.

"I absolutely will after lunch, okay? What do you want to drink?" I rinsed off the head of lettuce before I began chopping it.

"Apple juice!"

"You got it. Daddy?"

Jamie smirked. "Water is fine, baby. Thanks."

I nodded, watching him make faces at EJ. He tickled him with his beard, which elicited an adorable fit of giggles.

"Fuck!" I yelled, dropping the knife. I looked down at my hand and almost passed out as blood came flowing instantly.

"Mama said a bad word," Dulcie said.

"Baby, what happened?" Jamie asked.

I met his gaze and shook my head. His face drained of color, as he must've seen mine also did the same. He quickly set EJ in his bouncer and dashed to my side.

"I cut my hand," I said as the tears welled. God it hurt so badly.

"Jesus Christ." He looked at it and his eyes widened.

"I can't breathe." I fanned myself with my other hand.

"It's okay," he said. "Mum was a nurse. Put your hand under cold water and I'll get a towel."

He flipped the sink on for me. I reluctantly pushed it beneath the water and cringed.

"Oh my God." I bit my lip, the tears flowing from my eyes as I doubled over, unable to look at the cut.

Jamie rubbed my back. "Deep breath. I'm going to leave for just a second."

"Hurry," I begged. The pain was now shooting up my arm and I could feel it in my head.

"Mama, you okay?" Dulcie asked.

"I'm fine, sweetheart. Don't worry." She knew I was lying, but I couldn't have her a mess too.

"Daddy needs you to put your shoes on, Dulcie," Jamie told her as he fumbled with a towel.

"Where are we going?"

"For a quick ride," he said.

"Yay can we get ice cream?"

"We'll see, sweetheart. Please do what Daddy asked."

She ambled to her pile of shoes by the door as Jamie wrapped my hand.

"Can someone come get them?" I asked.

His eyes shot to mine. "I don't know, baby. Right now we need to get you to the hospital."

"Hospital?" Dulcie said. "Mama having a baby?"

"No, I just need to see the doctor." I winced in pain.

"Let's go," Jamie said.

I followed him to the living room where I slid into my sandals. He grabbed the diaper bag and EJ in a hurry as he checked to make sure we had everything. We scurried out to the garage.

"Get in the car," he told Dulcie.

"Can Mama help?" she asked.

"No," he said sternly, "you can get yourself in."

"Daddy," she whined.

"Get in the car. No arguing."

I took a deep breath, praying she didn't blow, because I was liable to lose my cool if she did. My hand was throbbing and I could feel the towel soaking up more blood.

Jamie opened my door for me and helped me in. "Breathe. Apply pressure."

I nodded, practicing my labor exercises as I held the towel tight in my palm.

He got EJ into his seat as Dulcie buckled herself into hers. My husband hopped in beside me, a nervous wreck.

"Mama do we have juice?"

"Dulcie," Jamie turned to look at her, "you need to be quiet please. Daddy will get you juice in a few minutes if you please behave."

I heard her huff, but she didn't talk back which was a feat all its own. Jamie hit the gas and drove as fast as he could to the hospital.

On the way he called his sister Liesa, since she was the closest to our location.

"I have a situation," he said when she picked up.

"I need you to please, please, please come get the kids."

"I'm taking Kels to the ER."

I looked over at him as he honked the horn at a slow driver.

"Bloody move mate, Christ, learn how to drive!"

I tried to find humor in his road rage instead of focusing on my cut hand. Dulcie giggled behind me.

"Sorry, yeah, the local one. Thanks so much, you're a lifesaver."

He hung up and looked me over briefly, wondering if I was still conscious I'm sure. "Liesa will meet us there."

"Aunt Liesa is coming?" Dulcie clapped and I heard EJ cooing almost as if he understood and was excited.

"Yes," Jamie said. "Promise you'll be good for her and help her with your brother?"

"Okay, Daddy, I promise."

"Thank you, baby girl."

"Will she get us ice cream?"

Jamie caressed my arm and it was helping to keep me calm. His touch always grounded me.

"I'm sure if you ask her real nicely with a cherry on top."

Dulcie laughed. "Can EJ have some?"

"No, princess," I said. "He can't have sugar yet."

She sighed. "Fine."

We drove in silence the rest of the way as Jamie all but ran every red light like a madman. He pulled up to the ER and a guy came out with a wheelchair as I opened my door.

"Need assistance, ma'am?" he asked.

I checked with Jamie and he nodded. "I'll get them and be right in. Go on."

I smiled a weak smile as I sat in the chair and the man wheeled me inside.

"Whatcha got there?" he asked, motioning toward my towel.

"I cut my hand making lunch."

"Oh no," he said. "We need to get you fixed up."

He wheeled me to the check-in counter. "I have a female with a laceration to the hand."

The lady at the desk clicked a button to open the door. "Someone will meet you in the room."

"My husband and kids are behind me," I said.

"Okay ma'am, we'll let him know," she said with a warm smile.

The man stopped inside a small room and helped me up from the chair and onto the bed.

"Someone will be right in. Keep holding pressure on the wound."

I nodded, still taking deep breaths through the pain. A nurse rushed in before he even left.

"Hello there. I'm Amber, I'll be your nurse. You got some ugliness under that rag?"

"Yes, I'm super coordinated."

She chuckled. "What's your name, sweetie?"

"Kelsey Dornan," I answered.

She smiled. "Okay, Kelsey. Do you have any family here with you?"

"My husband and children are in the waiting room. My sister-in-law is coming for the kids."

She unwrapped my hand and nodded. "That's a good cut you got there. May I ask what happened?"

"I was chopping some lettuce for a salad and the knife slipped."

"Not good. And I am required by law to ask this, so please take no offense, but does your husband have a history of violence?"

I was appalled. It felt like a slap in the face that those words about Jamie could ever leave someone's lips. Stranger or not.

"Ma'am, with all due respect, my husband is the sweetest most loving man on earth. He wouldn't dare touch a hair on my head in a negative demeanor. He loves me and his family more than himself."

She apologized with her gaze. "I understand. Again, young women with injuries are legally asked. I'm sure your husband is lovely."

As if she'd summoned him he appeared from behind the curtain.

"Jamie." His name was a breath of relief. He didn't have the kids so I guessed they were safe with his sister.

"Liesa sends her love. She pulled up as soon as I parked." He walked to the bed and kissed my forehead despite the nurse standing there inspecting my hand.

I smirked at her, my husband had proven himself already, and she tried to hide her smile.

"All right, I'm going to flush the wound and give you some pain meds before we stitch you up."

Jamie pulled the chair to the side of the bed and gripped my free hand. "Breathe, baby."

I closed my eyes with a nod.

"I promise to give you some good stuff to ease the pain afterward, too."

"I can handle this," I said, trying to convince everyone in the room.

She retrieved a bottle from the cabinet. It had a spout on it. "Your hubby might be helpful for this part."

Jamie stood without hesitation and sat on the bed facing me. I locked my arm through his.

"Deep breath in," she said.

I followed her direction and she began squirting the fluid onto my hand, catching it with a canister she held beneath it.

"Oh God," I clenched my teeth, leaning into Jamie's shoulder.

He rubbed my back and left soft pecks to my hair. "It's okay, baby. It'll be over soon."

I sobbed—from the pain and from his sweetness that reminded me of labor.

"All done," she said once the bottle was empty.

My hand was already feeling better. I panted as she trashed everything.

"I'll be back with your medications and then we'll get you stitched. One question first."

I looked up at her.

"There's no chance you're pregnant? Otherwise I'll have to find something else to ease the pain."

I laughed, all tears vanished, and she and Jamie weren't expecting it. "No, not pregnant. I just had a baby in December."

"Aww, well congratulations. But some women are extremely fertile as their hormones regulate again. You've been using contraception?"

Jamie's face was as white as the sheet I lay on.

"Birth control only."

She raised her chin. "Why don't we take a urine sample to rule it out? As a precaution."

I swallowed my nerves. "Sure, yes."

I'd been feeling fine, but if it would set the record straight then I would. And if we were pregnant again then there was nothing we could do except prepare. I wiped the remaining wetness from my face.

"I'll bring you a cup." She left Jamie and me in the room alone.

He held my chin, his nervous eyes searching mine. "Have you had symptoms?"

I shook my head. "None that I can tell. Jamie, I'm not pregnant. We haven't had that much sex."

"But we've had enough..." he trailed off, aware everyone outside the curtain could hear us.

"What do you want me to say? I take my pills religiously. But if we are then we are."

He nodded, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles. "I know, baby. And I would be elated as long as you would be, too."

I didn't know how to answer that. Of course I wanted more kids with him, but I just had one! How the hell would I handle two of them in diapers and eating around the clock? "It'll be fine." The pain in my hand suddenly forgotten, whether from the flushing of the wound or the pregnancy talk.

Amber returned and set a cup on the counter beside the bed. "Whenever you're ready, but I want to get you stitched up soon. It shouldn't be open like that in a hospital. Would you like me or your husband to help?"

And how would I pee in a cup with one hand? I snorted.

"What?" Jamie asked.

"You're going to have to come with me."

I saw Amber hide her laugh as she left the room.

"So my wife's gonna piss on my hand is what you're saying?" His humor returned as he grinned.

"Isn't this what you signed up for when you married me?"

He laughed out loud. "I suppose I did. For better or worse, and this won't be fun for either of us."

I giggled. "Let's go, handsome."

He helped me up from the bed as I snatched the cup. I followed him out of the room and to the bathroom across the hall.

"Squat and drop," he said, untwisting the lid as I locked us in.

"Can you not talk while we do this?" I bit my lip to stop laughing or I'd never pee. I lowered my panties, trying to just get it over with without thinking too hard.

He chuckled. "Fire in the hole."

"Jamie," I whined, sitting over his hand that held the cup above the toilet. "This is awful."

"This is hilarious," he argued. "You're peeing on my hand."

I gripped his shoulder, laughing again as I tried to adjust my aim.

"I pushed your son out of me, this has to be better than that."

He snorted. "I got a beautiful baby from that. This? No reward."

"Maybe," I mumbled.

We both laughed as I finished. He tightened the lid before grabbing a paper towel and handing it to me.

"Thank you for doing the dirty work," I said.

He washed his hands and shook his head. "True love."

I waited until he dried off to lean up and kiss him swiftly. "I love you for all of it."

He smirked against my mouth. "I clearly love you more."

I nudged him before unlocking the bathroom and skittering back to my room.

***

I stared down at my stitches. I'd have to lug EJ around with a sewn up hand. Great.

Amber entered again as Jamie and I both looked up. "I have the news you're waiting on."

The sweat beads formed on my brow instantly. I heard Jamie's hard swallow.

"You're not pregnant," she said, "so I have the usual pain meds for you."

My heart slowed its race. Was that disappointment I felt? Relief? I couldn't distinguish. I wasn't ready for another baby, but I missed being pregnant. Jamie and I both agreed on a big family. Since we weren't planning for another addition this early, I settled on it being good news.

"Okay, thank you." I offered a small smile.

Jamie gazed at me, trying to read my reaction.

"You're lucky the cut wasn't worse," Amber said. "Had it been any deeper or positioned differently this might've been a horrible day."

I nodded. "Thank God."

"Seriously," Jamie said.

"But you have a newborn at home," she went on, "which means you need to be careful. Don't let he or she play with the stitches, you shouldn't support the baby with that hand when you carry them, and you have to keep it extra clean during diaper changes to avoid infection."

"I can handle that," I muttered.

"We can handle that," Jamie corrected. "She has a husband for a reason."

I smiled at him. "The best one there is."

"You're lucky to have help. Take advantage of it."

"I'll step up." Jamie looked me dead in the eye, which meant he was serious. We'd had some falling out over his promise to help and then lack of doing so. But I was positive he understood his place, and was more willing than ever to be my back up.

"I know." I assured him with a smile.

Amber went over more discharge information as Jamie and I listened intently. It'd be another adjustment to our lives, but since when did we give up on something we were equipped to handle?

***

"Feeling okay, baby?" Jamie asked as he walked back into the bedroom with EJ on his shoulder.

Dulcie had left with him for bed after we lay together watching another movie. Jamie promised to read her a bedtime story for me, because I wasn't too keen on her watching as much TV as she had been.

"I guess." I sighed, rolling over to my side when he sat down with the baby.

"Little guy wanted Mummy cuddles before bed." My heart fluttered as I looked at my boys. They made all physical pain dissipate.

"Mommy wanted little guy cuddles." I opened my arms and Jamie set him in my embrace.

He slid down, nestling up beside us and rubbing EJ's small hand. EJ smirked as he watched my face.

"Hi, bubby. Are you happy?" I kissed his button nose and he giggled.

Jamie laughed. "Such a good dude."

I nodded. "We got lucky. So you know that means our next one will be wild."

He watched EJ wiggle in my arms and slobber on his hand. We met one another's gaze. "Today was weird."

I snorted. "To say the least."

"Emergency room, you peeing on my hand..."

We shared a laugh as he trailed off.

"I'm sorry I'm so clumsy."

"You're not, baby. Accidents happen."

I kissed EJ's forehead, breathing in his sweet scent from the bath his daddy gave him. I already missed not being able to do those things. It would be hard to relinquish control.

"Were you disappointed?" he asked quietly.

"About not being pregnant?"

He nodded.

"I don't think disappointment. Emotional for sure. I went into the ER with a knife cut and then had to take a pregnancy test. But I didn't feel pregnant, so I didn't need her to tell me I wasn't. Plus we shouldn't be in a hurry to try again. I want to enjoy him for a while. Be present for all his firsts. Because if I'm too big to sit on the floor when he takes his first steps I'll never forgive myself. I want to grow with him before we grow our family. I need to adjust to motherhood."

He leaned in to kiss my hair. "I understand. And we won't try again until you're totally ready. I know we might not have been ready with him, but it feels right."

I smiled, cupping his cheek gently with my injured hand. "It was always right. You and me. Now it's you and me and Dulcie and EJ. We never slowed down from the day we met. But I think I'm ready for a slow down."

"Then we'll take it slow. We have enough love to shower him with and I agree, I want him to ourselves for a while. I want to watch the two of you together before we add a wild one to the mix."

I giggled. "The next might not be wild, but I think this one's pretty gentle."

Jamie left soft pecks to EJ's chubby cheek. He'd gained a healthy amount of weight since we changed him to the cereal mix.

EJ cooed, reaching for Jamie's beard. I grinned as I watched him claw at the hair on his cheeks.

"He seriously loves your beard," I said.

"Ow," Jamie moved his face when EJ scratched him. "You got switchblade nails, boy."

EJ looked up at his daddy, their matching blue eyes locked.

"But he's so cute," I said.

Jamie's smile lit up the room. "Daddy can't be mad at that handsome face."

He blew raspberries on EJ's belly and he squealed, kicking his feet. His little giggles gave me butterflies. My baby.

"Oh, how I love that noise," Jamie said as he kissed our son's tummy.

"And how I love watching you make him laugh." I felt the tears in my eyes. They both made my troubles vanish into thin air, my injured hand a worry of the past.

"We made Mummy cry," he whispered to EJ.

I sniffled. "I love you two more than anything else in this world."

Jamie propped himself up on his hand as he watched me. "Baby, you know how much I love you."

I nodded. "I do. I feel it."

He met me halfway for a sweet kiss.

"Maybe I am pregnant with my emotional ass."

Jamie smiled, kissing me again. "You can be as emotional as you want, beautiful."

I nodded. "You too. You can always tell me how you feel. I don't want you to hold anything in, because these days with him go fast, and I don't want you to bottle up your emotions."

"I know, baby. You're the only woman who has ever seen the real me. And I bask in that freedom. I'm not holding anything back. Except maybe an orgasm, because I want you every hour."

I snorted, wiping away my tears. "Thanks for making me laugh today and every day."

He brushed my damp cheek. "There's only one thing I want."

"I just quit crying." I winked.

He chuckled. "This isn't sad."

"Okay then, what's on your mind?"

He licked his lips and I looked down to see EJ was fading fast.

"Why don't I put him to bed and make love to my injured wife?"

My heart began to race. "I think that'd make me feel better."

"Mmm would it?" He pecked my mouth.

"Yes, please."

"Good, because now that I've had a hit I can't get enough. Unless your hand hurts too bad." He kissed the back of it.

I shook my head. "I'll let you do all the work so I don't need to use it."

He smirked. "Letting me have my way. What did I do to deserve such graciousness?"

He stood, lifting EJ slowly as to not startle him. I squeezed his tiny hand before he carried him away.

"Mommy loves you."

Jamie was smiling wide when he disappeared into the hallway. He returned a minute later with a similar sly grin plastered on his face. My hand instantly quit hurting as anticipation took over my senses.

"Still okay?" he asked, stopping at the foot of the bed.

I nodded. "Drugs help."

He snorted. But our humor dissipated as he dropped his head to my calf, kissing a line up the inside. Right down to business.

"I'm surprised you still find me sexy after today." I winked when he met my gaze.

"Oh but baby, I'll always find you sexy. You know this."

"I do. Just like I find those throbbing muscles on your arms sexy from where you've been carrying around our baby."

He held one out, examining it with a grin. "I'm quite veiny."

I ran my fingertips over his skin and felt the goosebumps ignite beneath them. "Yummy."

His gaze was intense when it met mine. "Yes you are."

Without further adieu he dipped his face between my legs, shoving my panties to the side. I arched against his nose when his tongue went to work between my folds.

With my good hand I gripped his hair. "Mmm, Jamie."

"Delicious," he breathed. He sucked my bud between his soft lips and I lost myself in the pleasure. Exactly what the doctor ordered.

"Oh yes, please." I was begging, but my God I was never too tired or hurt to deny this man.

He slid a finger inside me and I groaned so loud I may have woken the whole house. He chuckled. "Quiet." He pressed a soft kiss to my mound as he stroked one long finger in and out.

"I need you," I said.

He departed, sitting back on his legs to tug my panties off. I watched in delight as he stood to free himself. He was already hard from pleasuring me and it gave me immense confidence.

"So sexy." My eyes trailed over his body that was all mine all the time.

He shot me his shy grin, crawling back over me and hovering above my face. He captured my lips in an explosive kiss. Our tongues tangled as I slid my healthy hand down to grip his erection. He moaned into my throat when I began pumping him.

"Don't," he breathed. "Let me take care of you tonight."

I licked his kiss from my mouth, gazing up into his endearing eyes. My man. My husband. My best friend. "No one else could."

He tugged my nightgown up further before sinking into me. He wrapped his arm under my back as I tried to grip him with one of mine.

"Relax, baby." He kissed the sweet spot behind my ear and I did as he told, letting him take me over the way we both needed.

I cried out every time he hit my sweet spot. Flashes of today ran through my mind and it only made me love him harder. I met his hips thrust for thrust as I held his stare with mine.

"I love you. For today and always."

He smiled down at me. "I love you, Superwoman."

I chuckled. "You still owe me Batman sex."

He shook his head. "What did I sign myself up for?"

I latched onto his mouth again, conveying my deep love for him the best way I knew how. And he held me tight as we both unraveled in one another's arms.

***

You should know by now I thrive off of giving these two roadblocks and watching them overcome! Kelsey will be fine, and Jamie will make sure of it ;) Please don't forget to vote and/or drop me some love! Appreciate your readership!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

718K 44K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
320K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
19.3K 484 68
"𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢." -Draco Malfoy ----- Author's No...