Trapped with My Brothers ✔

Af Nadineat2

Lexi Houston, a sixteen-year-old genius student, lives an uneventful life in California, homeschooled by her... Mere

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six - End

Chapter Seventeen

12.6K 630 46
Af Nadineat2

After Jude's prank, we cleaned his mess and got into the car. He was going to pay for that prank, and I had to do it fast without anyone noticing my plan. But what should I do?

~~~

"Did you enjoy your breakfast, guys? Oh, let's not forget about the delicious peanut butter," Jude asked as we parked in the parking lot. He stood next to our car with a smirk that I yearned to knock off his face. I scoffed and got out.

"You'll regret it. Just you wait," I said in a quiet but intimidating tone. Jude looked at me with a larger smirk, if that was possible. I had to say — in my head, of course — that he looked good. He was wearing black jeans and a red V-neck T-shirt that fitted him perfectly, with a black jacket. His hair was styled nicely — it wasn't neat, yet it wasn't messy. It was messy and good. Makes sense? Yes, it does, in my mind, at least.

Jude stepped closer but not to the point of touching me. I had my brothers next to me, waiting to launch their overprotectiveness. Jude sure did remember them. "Good luck with that, queen of 'pranks'!" he replied with a tone laced with sarcasm. I just rolled my eyes, then started walking towards the main door as my brothers got out of the car and walked behind me.

"Oh, when I get you, you'll genuinly say 'queen of pranks.' Mark my words, Jude," I grinned, then looked ahead to see a smiling Jessica. I instantly returned the smile. "Hey, Jess," I greeted, then hugged her. It felt good to have a girl as your friend. When my brothers were home, I constantly spent time with them back in California. So, my actual interaction with girls started with mom... and just mom, until Jessica, Latoya, and Alice.

"Good morning, Lexi, boys," she greeted, then walked beside me. I looked around the building but did not see him anywhere in sight. I patted Jess's shoulder, and she looked at me.

"Where is Holden?" I asked her since he was her boyfriend and she ought to be with him. And my brother's best friend. And Jude's roommate and best friend... Anyway, I just wanted to talk to Jess; I did not feel like asking the boys.

"He's discussing an exam's material with the astronomy lecturer. She was delighted to see someone give a damn about that class since it didn't have many students. So, in other words, he's stuck for half an hour or so," she explained. Poor Holden, but he did do this to himself... who told him to go and see her? Probably his will to succeed. Learn something from him, Lexi... but do I really need to?

"Okay," I said in a quiet tone. "When will I start my first lecture?" I asked my two brothers since they knew my schedule by heart. On the other hand, I do not know what I ate yesterday. Talk about photographic memory. I discovered that I could control what I needed to remember when I got older. But, my childhood memories will always be stuck in my mind because I could not control them back then.

"In about half an hour, why?" he said, then wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I need to go to the bathroom, and Jess will come with me. Right, Jess?" I said, then looked into her eyes, signaling that she must come with me. It was a life-and-death situation. Not entirely true, but one tends to use hyperbole to prove a point.

"Sure, see you later, guys." She waved them goodbye and walked with me. When we were out of my brothers' hearing, she made me stop and face her.

"What's up?" she asked. Concern was evident in her eyes. I smirked, then rubbed my palms together.

"What do you think about pranks?" I asked, already building up my plan for Jude. She grinned.

"I love them. Who are we pranking?" Jess asked excitedly. To be honest, I loved her enthusiasm so freaking much that she included herself in it before I could ask her.

"The one and only... Jude."

~~~

So, after a lot of thinking, we came to the conclusion that I must start with the easy pranks. I have three easy tricks in store for Jude today, and I will begin with the first one as soon as we sit at the cafeteria table. Milo, Arlo, and I sat on one side of the table, and Jess, Holden, and Jude sat on the opposite side. "Did you get it?" Jess came closer to me and whispered. I nodded with a grin. "All right," she said in approval.

"What should we eat?" Holden asked.

"Burger and chips," I said, and Jess nodded.

"Me too," she said.

"Us included," Milo and Arlo pointed out, and Holden sighed.

"What about you, Jude?" Holden asked him as he stood up with Jess.

They were the ones who were bringing the food. It was only fair since they lost in the rock, paper, scissors game. "The same. It's easier for you guys. Now go, I'm starving," Jude replied, then playfully kicked Holden's leg. He glared at him, then walked away with Jess.

"Lex, how was your day?" Milo asked, and I looked at him sideways.

"Good, nothing special... Yet," I replied, with a smirk, remembering the prank. Milo and Arlo looked at me with narrow eyes, already getting suspicious.

"What are you planning to do?" Arlo asked as he rested his elbow on my shoulder.

"Eh," I said. Eh was my ideal way to get out of these situations. They would ignore me after.

"Ugh, never mind," Milo sighed, and I smiled in victory. As I looked at Jude, I saw him staring at me like he was trying to read me. You should have never messed with my food; you declared war. I averted my gaze as I saw a text from mom. I opened it and read what she had sent.

'Sweetness, how are you?' I smiled, then typed a reply. 'I'm great. How are you?' I asked, then turned off my phone because the food was in front of me. Waiting for me to eat it.

"Dig in, people," Holden said, and we all began devouring the delicious food. As I was about to eat my fourth bite — yes, I counted — a high-pitched voice interrupted our happy time. Megan Paul stood next to our table with her —supposed— friends.

"Fat girls always eat fats," she spat, and my eyes widened, not from her words but from her outfit. She barely covered anything. I turned my head from her with a shiver of disgust and looked at Jude.

"I can't believe I defended her. You were right," I said as I remembered our fight in the car, and he chuckled.

"I told you," he replied and returned to his food. I did the same as I ignored Megan. Jess did not seem angry; she seemed pretty happy while eating. We did not lose our self-esteem. We were strong girls who did not give a damn about others' rude comments.

"Hello, I'm right here. Talking. To the likes of you!" Megan shouted with crossed arms, and I laughed, then looked at her with a relaxed expression.

"We know. It's just... I don't want to talk to my brother's almost relationship crasher and a two-faced drama evil queen. So, goodbye." I waved my hand, then grabbed another fried chip.

"Hey, you slut, who are you to talk? You're just a nerd stuck in a sixteen-year-old body; you have nothing but your brain to serve you," she yelled, and I genuinely smiled.

"Was that supposed to be an insult? That I have a brain? You obviously don't have one if you couldn't think of a better comeback. And I'm not a nerd, but that doesn't mean they're not good. It's quite the opposite, actually. They have a higher chance of deciding whether to hire you or not in the future. And I'll bet on the latter. Now, flee from here," I declared firmly. I saw her friends trying not to laugh, but one of them did not seem to care if she heard him, so he laughed. Aloud.

"That was priceless," the guy commented, and I smirked. "You're the first girl to actually stand up to her when she opens her damn mouth," he added with a smile. He had curly brown hair and blue eyes, and he looked the adorable kind. I just wanted to pinch his cheeks and feed him cookies. Oh, my God, I sound like grandma.

"Then, why are you walking with her?" I asked, curious about this whole thing. Megan just glared at me.

"Because she's my twin sister," he stated, and I instantly felt terrible.

"You're her what?" the boys and Jess yelled simultaneously. I was startled by their outburst, so I fell backward. Literally.

If you want to read ahead of time, send me a private message so I can send you the link to inkitt. It's completely free for you guys, but it will help me. Thank you.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

33.2K 708 27
Still shocked in her mothers sudden marriage, Elliana is finding it hard adjusting to her new life and family, which comes with four extremely protec...
868K 23.4K 77
She lives her life to the fullest as she is love by everyone in her home, where everyone supports and cheers for her. Some things also somewhat make...
57.1K 2K 42
Eva, a funny, witty, sarcastic 15 year old Australian girl has a whole hell of a hectic life with three awesome friends,a knack for genius pranks a p...
Isabella Af Wazzuupppp_

Teenage Fiktion

475K 10.9K 51
Fifteen year old Isabella Delgado is living her best life (kinda) - until she's pulled into a police station shipped off to America to live with the...