Silver Linings {A TVD Fanfic...

By xlaurynwritesx

Emmaline Flemming had an ordinary life. Well she thought it was ordinary, at least. Her mother died when she... More

Prologue
Part One
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Part Two
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Part Three
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

19

1K 28 0
By xlaurynwritesx

I woke up and drank some coffee. "So Elena wants me to go talk with her Stefan and Damon." Dad said as I sipped my coffee.

"Seriously?" I asked almost annoyed.

"What happened?" He asked confused.

"Elena blames me for Damon acting up." I replied with a sigh. "Why would she want your help?"

"I'm a knowledged vampire hunter. I think that's a pretty good start." He responded as I nodded.

"Well have fun." I smiled lightly as he furrowed his brows.

"You aren't coming?" He asked confused.

"Sit in a room with my twin that hates me and a guy who intentionally tried to hurt me? No thanks. The only person I can tolerate right now between them is Stefan and he'll probably side with Elena. I'd rather go to the watering hole with Tyler." I replied as I took another sip.

"Okay well I'll see you later." He said as he kissed my forehead lightly. "Bye."

"Bye." I said before he walked out.

Later on he messaged me saying that he was heading to Duke University to go through mom old things. He added that apparently Tyler's family was rumored werewolves.

I got ready to go to the watering hole. Matt was driving me there. He told me how Caroline was acting really weird lately and I told him she's been going through some stuff and he just needed to make sure not to upset her.

I didn't really plan on swimming but I wore a bathing suit anyway. I went straight to the keg to attempt drinking my crappy life away. I wished it was that easy.

I saw Caroline and I went up to her. "So you can be in the sun?" I asked curiously as she showed me her ring.

"Not that it matters because Matt thinks I'm even crazier now." She sighed lightly.

"Well technically you are right?" I asked confused. She looked at me upset. "I just mean that your emotions are heightened now that you're a vampire." I said quietly.

"I guess." She sighed. "How do you know so much about vampires?" She asked crossing her arms.

"I used to be a hunter. Don't worry I don't do that anymore- technically I never really did but the point is I won't hurt you." I smiled to her. The alcohol made me a little slow, I had to admit.

"Okay." She nodded.

"Hey if you have any other boy troubles come to me. I'll help you out." I smiled lightly.

"I will." She nodded as I walked back to the water. A few of the known f-boys came to talk to me but I brushed them away.

At one point Tyler said it was time for everyone to leave. Of course I saw him walk away with a girl but I left him and went to find Caroline. I looked around and didn't see her but I knew Matt was still there because his car was.

I looked around the surrounding woods and I heard growling. "Oh shit." I whispered quietly as I looked around.

"Emma." I heard as I turned to see Stefan.

"What was that noise?" I asked looking at him.

"I think it was a werewolf." He replied as I looked up to the full moon. "Oh no." I sighed as I looked at him.

"I was looking for Matt and Caroline." He said as we started walking.

"So was I." I replied.

"The wolf. It'll go after vampires more than humans." He explained to me as I looked at him.

"That's not good." I sighed.

"Wait." He stopped as he looked at me. "I hear them. Stay here." Stefan instructed. I was about to respond but he was already gone.

I headed towards where I thought he was going and I eventually heard them. I saw Matt on the floor and his neck was bleeding really bad. Caroline must've bit him.

I took off my shirt and put it over the cut to soak it up and hopefully mask the smell of it coming from him. I heard growling and then I saw Stefan and Caroline run away.

Matt groaned and I looked to him. "Emma?" He asked as I lifted his cheek.

"Yeah. Don't worry everything is gonna be fine." I looked at him and held his wound.

Not long after Caroline and Stefan were back. "Let's get him to his car." Stefan said as he lifted Matt up and I helped carry him while Caroline stood cautiously away.

Caroline stood with Matt at his car and I stood with Stefan. "So werewolves are really a thing?" I asked as Stefan nodded. I sighed lightly. "Is Elena still mad at me?"

"I told her she shouldn't be." He responded.

"So she is." I rubbed my face.

"She just needs someone to take it out on and she sadly chose you." He responded.

"That's so-" I blinked slowly. "She should blame Damon."

"I know." Stefan agreed.

"Wait you agree?" I asked confused.

"Yeah I do. I know what it feels like to have bad things always happen no matter how hard you try." He nodded. "I know it sounds lame, but you just need to keep looking for the good things to keep you going."

"I guess." I sighed lightly. "Thank you." I smiled up to him. "I didn't think you would be on my side."

"Yeah. I know." He smiled lightly. "I'll talk to her again for you okay?"

"Okay." I nodded. "I should head home." I put my hair behind my ear. "I'd go to the grill but I currently don't have a shirt so." I chuckled as he nodded.

"I'll take you home." He responded as we got in the car. It was a calm ride and eventually I was at the apartment. Dad wasn't there yet so I assumed he was still on his way back from Duke.

-----------

A few days went by and things were just meh. Caroline had to break up with Matt because she didn't know how to be around him with how she was now. I spent a lot of time comforting her.

Tyler didn't talk to me much since that night. I think it was because the werewolf was his uncle. I was worried that he might become one too.

As of now everything was calm. Dad said there was a barbecue at Jenna's which meant Elena would be there. We hadn't talked since she got mad at me so I wasn't sure if she was still upset.

The time came for us to go to their house so that's what we did. "Dad I don't want to be here." I groaned as we stood on the doorstep.

"I know but I like Jenna and you need to make up with Elena. You shouldn't be mad at each other." He responded.

"Last time I checked she was mad at me." I crossed my arms as he sighed.

"Just behave." He replied as he rang the doorbell.

We got inside and Jenna smiled. "Great the barbecuer showed up." She said as she kissed him. "Nice to see you Emma."

"You too Jenna." I smiled lightly.

"Elena is getting stuff ready in the kitchen if you want to help." Jenna suggested pointing.

"Actually I-" I started.

"Alaric let's get the meat." Jenna  interrupted me and walking away.

I sighed and went to the kitchen. "Hey Jenna sent me to help." I spoke as I walked in.

"Just put those chips in the bowl." She responded plainly as I nodded. I started putting the food up quietly. I didn't know what else to do. I already made me claim and at this point it was just up to her.

"Emma, I wanted to apologize." She started as I looked up to her surprised.

"Really?" I asked confused.

"I know it's not your fault I just-" she began shaking her head. "I wanted to blame you because it was easier."

"Why me though?" I asked confused.

"I'm scared to care for anyone else because everyone I know gets hurt or dies and I didn't want it to happen to you." She replied looking to me sadly.

I hugged her and smiled. "Thank you for caring even if you aren't the best at showing it."

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Let's just finish getting everything together."

Soon enough the doorbell rang and I went to get it. Caroline and Mason Lockwood were here and I assumed it would be Tyler but instead it was Damon.

"I brought pie." He smiled lightly. I looked up at him blankly and walked away leaving the door open.

I talked vampirism with Caroline and Elena on the front porch. Caroline said something about how Stefan had the constant urge to kill Elena at all times and it was kind of worrisome. Before the conversation could get too deep dad came to tell us it was time to eat.

We went inside and sat around the table. I sat next to Mason on the right. I ate my food and everyone else talked. Caroline ate a lot of food. I kept quiet. Partly because all I wanted to say was nasty things about Damon and the other part was that I didn't want to trigger Damon into killing someone else.

We decided to play Pictionary and Mason rocked it. When it was Damons turn I decided to get up and go to the bathroom. I came back down and the adults were sitting around the table for desert.

I noticed Damon looking at me a whole lot throughout the day. After they got their slices I grabbed one for me. "Hey Emma. How have you been?" Damon asked with a smile.

"I've had better days." I replied walking away. I decided to eat on the porch away from everyone. While I sat there Elena came out with Caroline and they said they were going to go check on Stefan. That basically left me with a whole bunch of drunk adults. I sighed lightly and sat there.

I came back inside and Jenna smiled. "Great your still here. I was worried. Too much testosterone." She spoke almost in a slur. "Do you mind helping me set up rock band?" She asked as I smiled.

"Sure." I chuckled as we got it together.

We got it together and my dad was stuck on guitar. "How do you work this?"

"You're like an elderly person." I laughed at him. "You press the keys and press the bar to play the notes." I said moving his hand onto the parts they go on. I was on drums and Damon had the other guitar. Jenna had the key-tar which was a piano guitar and Mason had the microphone. It was an interesting game nonetheless. We took turns on each song. I sung Kings and Queens by Thirty Seconds to Mars by the way.

The night went on and I was putting up the rock band stuff. Mostly just because I wanted to be away from Damon. I turned around to put it up and Damon was standing there. My plan failed terribly.

I tried to walk around him but he stepped over. I put down the rock band stuff and looked to him with my arms crossed. "What?" I asked angrily.

"So you're still mad." He sighed lightly.

"Of course I'm still mad." I replied agitated. "Are you kidding me?"

"Look, I shouldn't have taken out how I was feeling on you." He shook his head lightly.

"You think?" I asked looking at him.

"I just think we should start over. I mean your dad forgave me." He explained as I shook my head.

"I'm not my dad." I replied with a shrug.

"I know I messed up. I tried to befriend Elena but- I want to be friends with you again." He replied. Did he just admit that he tried to replace me with Elena?

"It's gonna take a lot more then a lame ass apology for you to make up for what you did Damon." I explained to him as he nodded.

"We'll see what happens then." He nodded lightly before walking away. Soon enough everyone was gone and I was waiting in the car for dad. He was 'grabbing some food' but I'm pretty sure he was just making out with Jenna in the house. Soon enough he came outside and we went home. At least I knew Damon felt some remorse for what happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Maddison By Evie

Fanfiction

113K 2.6K 78
Maddison has lived with her family in Mystic Falls for 16 years with her older sister, Elena Gilbert and younger brother, Jeremy Gilbert. They all we...
74.5K 1.7K 64
Eva Gilbert has spent her entire life having fun with her best friend and twin sister Elena in Mystic Falls, a small town in Virginia where nothing b...
18.9K 484 43
Emma has had one hell of a ride - from finding out who she truly was, becoming a vampire, and sadly, loosing her dad. Now she's decided to leave ever...
22.6K 412 37
Everyone knows the story of Elena Gilbert what people didn't know is that she has a younger twin sister name Alexandra. The Gilbert sisters have alwa...