The Little Unexpected Things

By Joan0324

Bella's life is about to take a major turn and not in an easy way. With eager friends and a clueless partner... More

The Big News
Telling The Father
The First Ultrasound
Guess He's The Father
Not A Blissful Time
Telling The Parents: Part 1
Telling The Parents: Part 2
Four Months Pregnant
Jealous Much?
Old Friends
Christmas!
The Hicks
Not Much of a Baby Sister Anymore
She Jinxed It!
A Boy Or A Girl?!
It's A...!
Faded Memories
Midnight Adventures!
Baby Names
It's Story Time!
Isn't She Lovely?
Solid
A Week Later
You and I
Baby Cries
If Not Now Then When?
How Things Have Changed
Girls Night In
We Are Solid
Bliss
Does She Know?
Edward, Meet Bella
Now She Does
Happy Birthday, Momma!
When You Least Expect It
Sunshine
Ella's First Birthday
She's a Little Character
A Letter to My Readers
Bungee Jumping
Let's Get Hitched
You Did What?!
It's A Princess Tea Party!
A Look Ahead
For a Thousand Years...

The Birth

2.1K 89 20
By Joan0324

Bella's P.O.V

I stop pushing and drop back on Edward's chest. The pain is unbearable. I don't think I can do this. My entire body aches and we are not nearly done. My heart is pounding and I'm completely soaked in my own sweat. I feel the contraction come again. "OHH SHIT!"

"It's okay, Bella. Just push!" Edward encouraged me from behind me. "Come on, one big push!"

Dr. Greene started counting as I pushed. I let out a deep groan as I push as hard as I can but the pain is just too much. "Ten... nine... eight... Bella, you have to push harder, sweetie. Come on, do it for your little girl."

"I can't!" I cry out and lean my head against Edward's chest.

"Yes, you can," he says against my ear. "You made this far, love. You can do it. Come on, push!"

The contraction hits again. I cry out as I push as hard as I can. I can see my nails digging into Edward's arms, but he doesn't complain. They're both counting, Edward is encouraging me to breathe. Those are the longest ten seconds of my life. I cry when I stop, still feeling the ache all over my body. Dr. Greene tells me I'm doing a good job. The fuck does she mean?

"She's crowning, Bella. Come on, now push harder!"

I scream as the contraction comes again. It's harder than the last one. I crouch a little, pushing as hard as I can. Edward keeps kissing the side of my sweaty face, encouraging me. If it wasn't because those little acts encourage me a bit, I would have slapped him a long time ago.

"She's almost out, almost out!" Dr. Greene calls out. "One final push, Bella. One final push and we'll meet your baby girl! One, two and..."

I push, harder than I ever have.

And the pain is gone.

I don't feel her anymore.

I fall back against Edward's chest and it happens. She cries. She's here. My baby girl is here. Dr. Greene stands up and in her hands she holds the smallest thing I ever seen.

"T-that came out of me?" I cry.

Edward half laughs and half cries. "She's beautiful." She's so small and is all covered in white stuff, but I can see she already has a dark set of hair.

"She's so beautiful," I sob. I want to reach over to touch her but Dr. Greene walks away with her. "W-where are you taking her?"

"It's okay, love. It's okay." Edward kisses the side of my head and rubs my arms. "They're just wrapping her up and checking it's all good."

I breathe a little. "Okay... okay but please be very gentle with her, she's so small."

Edward chuckles a bit and hugs me from the back. Dr. Greene comes back with our baby girl wrapped in a pink blanket and slowly hands her to me. Oh, she's so warm and so small, she fits right in my arms. She's so beautiful, I can't stop looking at her. Edward caresses her hair, which is chestnut for what I see. She has my hair! I cry and laugh at the same time looking at her. Her little button nose, her chubby cheeks. All of her is perfect.

She fuses a bit in my arms.

"Hi baby girl," I croaked, bouncing her a bit in my arms. She moves in my arms, her little arms up against her little head. "Hi, baby girl. I'm your Mommy. You lived in me for the past nine months."

Edward laughs and then leans down on my shoulder. I look at him and see that he's crying. Oh my god, Edward Cullen is crying. I nudge him a bit and he looks at me with the happiest smile I've ever seen on his face. He then leans down and kisses me.

"Thank you, Bella."

I scoff and then look down at our baby girl. I run my finger down her cheek and lean down and kiss her forehead. She does little noises that melt my heart.

"I know you," I whisper. "You're my baby girl."

"She is really beautiful," Dr. Greene says. "What shall we call her? Have you chosen a name?"

I nod but I don't respond, I rather look at my baby girl.

"Ella Madeline Cullen," Edward answers.

I nod. "Yes. My little Ella."

* * *

"You need to sleep," Edward tells me as he locks the door.

I shake my head, still looking down at Ella. She's only two hours old and owns my entire being. I run my finger down her little nose and poke it.

"I will willingly give up sleep for the sake of looking at her," I say. "I just can't stop looking at her, Edward. She's so beautiful."

He sits on my bed beside me and leans down and kisses her forehead. "She is. She gets it from her Mommy, don't you baby girl?"

"She's going to break hearts soon."

"Yeah, not too soon, right baby girl?" He leans down and kisses her little head.

I chuckle and fix her little white beanie with a bow. I kind of have the feeling of cutting the bow out, it's bigger than her little head. Ella moves in my arms, her little ones stretching over her head with their little mittens and she coos, making my heart melt. I feel tears forming all over again. When I look at Edward, he's looking at me with... what can one only would explain as loving eyes. I sigh, completely overwhelmed with feeling and look down at Edward.

"Oh, Edward, I love her so much." I wipe a tear away. I start rocking her back and forth lightly. "I'm hogging her, aren't I?"

Edward chuckles but doesn't answer. Yup, I'm hogging her. I can already see us fighting over who gets to hold her. I scoot slightly so he can fit beside me. He sits beside me, almost excitedly and opened his arms to Ella. I place her carefully in his arms, making sure he has her secure before sitting back. My heart, my chest... it's all just so full with emotion just watching them together.

Edward starts humming to her and slowly drifts into a song.

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping.
I dreamt I had you in my arms.
But when I awake dear, I was mistaken.
So I hung my head and cried.

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

I lay my head on Edward's shoulder with a huge smile on my face. Edward continues humming until I slowly fade into a deep sleep.

* * *

Edward's P.O.V

I place Ella in the small bassinet and roll her closer to Bella. They're both in a deep slumber and I don't want to disturb them. I sit on the edge of the bed and look down at her.

Bella is right, she's so beautiful. I sit there, just looking at her little features, all baby like and peachy. Small hairs stick out from the bottom of her little beanie. She has Bella's hair color, thank god. I don't know if I could deal with my little girl having the same bronze hair as me. Her eyes looked a bit green or hazel, but that could change over time. But just sitting here looking at her, it makes my chest fill with so many emotions. Looking at her, I see all Bella.

Yep, there is no way I'm winning any battles with this little girl.

The nurse comes in thirty minutes in to take Ella to the nursery. Bella sleeps through it, thank god. Ella hasn't cried yet, but I'm knocking on wood. Hopefully we got a baby with a good temper. As the nurse wheels Ella away, I go to meet our eager family that still have to meet her. They all stand up as soon as I walk in the room. Our parents are here, our siblings and basically that's our whole family.

"How are they?" Charlie asks.

"They're good. Both of them. They just took Ella to the nursery, do you guys want to see her?"

I don't know why I even ask. They all jump up and follow me to the nursery. We walk down to the the hall and through the window I see the nurse that wheeled her out placing her in a small crib. I proudly point to her, showing her off to our family.

Everyone awwws.

"Oh, my god, she's so beautiful!" Alice squeals.

"Shhh," Jasper whispers and rubs her back. "You'll wake them up."

Mom touches my arm. I look at her and see the tears in her eyes. I wrap my arm around her and pull her closer to me.

"I'm so proud of you," she whispers against my chest. "Look at her, Carlisle."

"I see her." He wipes a tear away, trying to make it seem discreet.

"I saw that, Dad," Alice chuckles and also wipes away a tear.

"Can't decide who she looks like," Rosalie says.

"She's three hours old, she looks red and swollen," Emmett jokes. I chuckle to myself and hug my mother tighter. "But ain't that a beautiful red baby. You can't deny she's Edward and Bella's baby."

Renee chuckles. She's also crying. Jesus, is it a rule to cry? I understand Bella and I, but everyone we come across?

"I hate to say this, but she's all Edward," Alice says.

"Damn, poor Ella is gonna have a hard time getting laid," Jasper replied.

Alice slaps his chest.

"Well let's hope she does," I reply. "That way I won't have to go to jail for countless murders with assault rifles against any male in a ten mile radius from her."

Mom laughs. "Oh look at him all over protective about her already."

I roll my eyes again. "Anyway, you guys good? I want to go check on Bella and maybe lay down for a while."

They nod, not really paying attention to me. Ha, she's already three hours old and she's going to be the most spoiled child to ever walk this earth.

I walk back into our room and Bella is awake. Well, only half awake.

"Where's Ella?" She slightly sits up on the bed and looks around. "Where is she?"

"Don't worry, she's in the nursery. Everyone is over there with her." I pull her hair behind her ear. "Get some sleep, she'll be here when we wake up."

She lays back down. "Where are you sleeping?"

"There's a couch right there." I point at a couch next to her bed. "I'll be okay."

She looks slightly over her shoulder and frowns. "No... it looks uncomfortable."

"Bella, it's fine."

She shakes her head. "No. Sleep here." She scoots to a side and moves the blankets so I can lay down beside her. "Come on, ever since I've been sleeping in your bed, it's kind of hard to sleep on my own now."

I smile to myself. I lay down beside her, careful enough not to hurt her in any way. Bella pulls the covers over the both of us and then takes my hand, wrapping it around her so I'm hugging her from the back. I kiss the side of her head gently and lay my head down beside her.

"Are you still mad over the Jacob thing?" She whispers.

I sigh. "Still debating it."

Author's Note:

Ella is here!!!!!!

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 143 16
Book 1 of 2 Timelines: Twilight Ava never knew her life would turn out the way it did now. That she'd turn out the way she did. That was until her wo...
26.9K 850 27
It had been Bella's dream to go on the dance competition, So You Think You Can Dance. She was a contemporary dancer, going to college, trying to rebo...
83.5K 2K 31
This story is the new version of my Edward's Melody Fanfic. This story was my first twilight fanfic, and it had lots of grammar mistakes, and it was...
29.7K 1.2K 41
(Still being edited!!!) (Finished!!!) What happens if bella was 13 and got lost far in the woods when alice and edward were hunting, what would happe...